• Published 19th Jul 2015
  • 956 Views, 75 Comments

A Timber for a Wolf (Comment-driven) - Solarkness



In the horde, there is a timberwolf. He is a leader, to be exact. But how did he get that far? This is his story and quest. (Comment-driven)

  • ...
3
 75
 956

Great minds cosplay alike

Joeyjumper94's Comment

Wow, they really have some nice costumes on sale here...

You think to yourself while wandering through the convention, looking at the different costumes on sale.

Suddenly, you see it: A Wile E Coyote-costume!

Or, well, at least you think it is a costume to disguise yourself as Wile E Coyote, the descriptions of the stallions you raced while bringing the carriage to Manehattan weren't that good. Yeah, you talked about that show they know called Roadrunner. It is pretty old according to them.

You walk over to the booth with that specific costume, and ask the owner: "Hey, I couldn't help but see that you have some... marvelous costumes on sale."

The owner turns around to you, and you can see she is a mare with blue fur, a red twin tail-hair and yellow eyes.

"So, you like the primary colours, don't cha?", you add as an afterthought.

She looks creeped out, before replying: "Oh god, please tell me you're not hitting on me."

You stare at her dumbfounded, before asking: "Why would I be hitting on you? You're not making any sense."

You look at the Wile E Coyote-costume again, before wondering how much it would cost.

"How much does this costume cost?," you ask pointing at it, but for some reason the shopkeeper pointedly ignores you.

"Um, hello? Hello? HELLO?!!," you shout, and she looks at you with a forced smile before saying:

"What would you want here?," she demands to know, before whispering: "Go away, creep."

Okay, what exactly did I do to deserve that treatment? Obviously this shop is run by a lunatic. Hehe, LUNA-tic!

Insulted, you leave that booth, you have some Gaia-damn manners after all.

"Hey, you!," you hear someone call out to you.

It is the owner of another booth, "Yes, I mean you. Come closer, I don't bite, and I don't want to disrupt other people's conversations."

Now that is someone with manners! I wonder what he wants...

As you walk over to him, you take notice of his wares.

There are some strange bones with runes carved into them, there was this one weird clock, and there was this bug-like looking armour, which gave you the creeps.

"Greetings, stranger," he greets you while you examine him. He wears some... strange clothes. He notices your ogling, and tells you: "Oh, wondering about my cosplay, aren't you? He-he-he...," he laughs crazily, "it's from this game called Resident Evil, a merchant in there."

"Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight...," you mutter to yourself, before replying: "Greetings to you too, what is it you wanted?"

"Cutting to the chase already, aren't you? He-he-he... I thought you might take a liking to my Ravana costume, it's this one...," he says while pointing towards the insect-armour, "It's actually not that expensive, only... 500 bits."

"Hmm...," you contemplate over the offer, "On one paw, I feel enhancement-magic in it, it looks awesome and... well, whatever else there is.
On the other paw, this guy's giving me the creeps and I would need to transform to wear it... buying it would also therefore attract attention... But it could be pretty useful later and the attention would be temporary..."

As you rock back and forth on your thoughts, you suddenly have an ominous feeling that if you buy it you would get flung through dimensions onto a planet with furless ape-thingies with an organization called SCP-Foundation where you would be imprisoned and used for tests.

"WellIAmNotBuyingItSeeYouLaterBYE!", you scream as you run away, pushing other ponies out of the way and attracting more attention than Celestia during Summer Sun Celebration.

Pentakill Apocalypse's Comment

After running around in a comedic fashion for quite some time, (and attracting a huge crowd of spectators,) you stop before a shop with a sword you remember.

No, it is not the sword you already have with your Abyss Knight. It is the sword of the DESTRUCTORISATOR!

Or, at least that's how you started calling the heaven-sent demon who destroyed your home, leading you on this confusing and possibly pointless journey.

You drool as you see it, and inspect its prize...

You resume your sprint with double the tempo.

THESE PEOPLE ARE ALL NUTS!* Oh, wait, is that O&O-merchandise?

You stop instantly again, and realize: Yes, it is in fact Oubliettes & Ogres-merchandise. You used to play it with the other Timberwolves back when they were still alive, and kind of forgot to bring it with you.

Sweet! This is really useful, I bet even the leader of the grumpy-boring guards, who probably is the grumpiest and most boring guard of all, would love this!


Shining armor sneezes while finishing his paper work in his office, knocking all the carefully-sorted papers everywhere. A look of horror dons his face as he stares at the paper, which is scattered everywhere.

"NOOOOOOOOOO, I WAS JUST ABOUT TO FINISH FOR THE DAY! NOW I HAVE TO SORT, RE-FILE, THEN STACK THEM AGAIN!", he shouts angrily, scaring some guards standing in front of his office.


You buy a set of dices, before remembering why you came here in the first place...

So, now where are those foals... Wait, those... could it be... are they staring at me?

"What by Gaia's rotten roots are you staring at?," you ask the huge crowd around you.

The crowd slowly disperses, while you feign as if you don't care about them by looking at the wares of the shop.

Oh, a book. Let's see if it's any good...

The book is about a farmer living in the north, and he defiles a crypt for some reason. Then a ghost appears and curses him, and the curse slowly turns him into a wendigo.

Skipping to the end, you look if it's any good. It doesn't seem so, and you are about to close the book and put it away, when a passage peaks your interest:

And even still, to this day, he remains trapped there, waiting for a spirit of nature to free him from his imprisonment.

Colour me intrigued..., you think to yourself as you go back to where you started skipping.


New quest: Frozen In Place, Tearing out roots from the ground
Objective: Find out if the story is true
No! This... this was not supposed to happen!


You resume your search for the foals. You trace them, and find them in a costume straight out of your nightmares!

You do NOT know how they found out that you are a Timberwolf, nor do you know how they know of your natural predators, but you will not let that stop you from your quest! Now, you just need to take it slow, and careful...


Much time later

Snap Drake Games' & The Rutherford's Comments

Defeated, you say goodbye to the foals.

"Why, thank you for bringing them to us. I am sure Master McHoof will be very pleased," Butler told you.

You still cannot believe someone really has simply the name 'Butler', but you have no way of proving otherwise.

After you found the foals, you were notified that they were trying to get to their uncle here in Manehattan (then why were they in Appleloosa / the train that started in Ponyville?), and Butler gave you the reward their uncle Scrooge McHoof posted around all of Equestria for their safe return.

You decide to go to a bar, seeing how it's become night already, and you feel depressed.

*mental sigh* And I had really hoped I could take care of them and raise them as my own... But no, that McHoof has the luck. He probably has a beard way cooler than I could ever have one... And more costumes, I mean, I could have bought some earlier, but then I got distracted and all...


Some time later

You once again changed clothes, this time to the Abyss Knight, seeing how it makes you look just that much more badass.

Cautiously, you enter the bar. As you look around, and see dozens of ripped, drunk ponies, gryphons, minotaurs and even a yak.

You gulp, and wonder:

What do you do?

Author's Note:

*This is not meant to insult any nuts in any way or form, you simply thoughtlessly thought a saying you once heard in Zebrafrica. You sincerely apologise to any nuts who feel offended by this.


Yeah, I had a hard time writing the beginning of this chapter.
I had no bosses to start from, those that weren't from Dark Souls I only remembered just now while writing this Author's Note. I don't want to turn him into a walking Dark Souls-superboss or something, and he kind of is a bad guy, which is why I wouldn't give him a Hero's costume...
Well, it's just a bar now, it's not as if you are going to pick a fight... or are you?
I don't know, I don't care. Take it or leave it on the ground for the Timberwolves to eat.
So, on that account, what are your favorite video-game bosses? Just so I have something to work with next time you are in a Comic-con or something like that (or costume shop... who knows? *wink*)
Oh, and before I forget:
"Merry christmas!"