• Published 19th Jul 2015
  • 953 Views, 75 Comments

A Timber for a Wolf (Comment-driven) - Solarkness



In the horde, there is a timberwolf. He is a leader, to be exact. But how did he get that far? This is his story and quest. (Comment-driven)

  • ...
3
 75
 953

A River's monstache

Down With Chrysalis's Comment

You get this strange feeling from this serpent. You feel like this serpent has a sense of...fabulousness surrounding it.

You don't know how to feel about this, so you decide to just stare at him. But as you stare at him, you start to get intrampted in his moustache. The way it's just sitting there on it's face all moustachy. You start to gain a strange feeling to start chewing on his mustache. The more you stare at it the more you want to chew it.

Eventually minutes pass by and you start to drool slightly at the thought of eating his moustache. However you're snapped out of it when you notice the serpent giving you a strange look. You quickly smack yourself to keep it together before you open your mouth to say:

Hard Cider

"Well, nice weather, right?", you laugh nervously as you back off.

"No, I have to say it is a horrid and completely unpleasant weather. You see the clouds there? They could ruin all the work I've done...", the river monster replied, also nervous.

There is a pregnant pause as seconds, minutes pass. The sea serpent's mind is currently working in overdrive trying, but failing, to find a way to approach this oh so delicate with his bountiful splendor while you chastise yourself for being a terrible starting conversation.

You cough into a forepaw and begin the conversation anew. "*cough*, Well, excu-"

BrownDog77 & THE ONE AND ONLY undeadponylord

You stop as you realise something: How does the serpent have any hair? Creatures with scales have no need of hair. So why does this one have a mustache?

You look at the elegance, and suddenly you feel a pang of jealousy. As you keep staring at it, the feeling increases, until you can't keep ignoring it anymore. The sea serpent looks at you expectant, seeing how you still haven't finished your sentence.

You wonder, if a creature with no need of hair can have a mustache, why not you?

A mustache might confuse your prey long enough for you to strike at it, and it would set you apart.

"How did you grow your mustache?", you ask the serpent. You really should stop calling him sea-serpent, he probably has a name... like Theodore or Alexander! 'Theodore' just looks confused at you, before telling you:

"I didn't shave?"

You shake your head: "No, how did you, a water serpent, grow one?"

"I really don't understand the question, I just did", he replies confused.

Hm... it probably is magical in origin then. Why do I feel the need to mutter it to myself? I... I think thinking it should be enough for me. But I really should get a magical mustache in the future, somehow, somewhen. I would be stylin' and profilin'! ...why do I use words I don't understand?

Seeing how he's nice, you start walking towards him to get a better look at his face.

Pentakill Apocalypse's Comment & Small Part still Hard Cider's

Suddenly you are interrupted by 'Theodore' screaming in a most digified manner. Fearing that your 'dirty exterior' may contanimate his most illustrious facial physique, he made some waves for you to deter you from your current path. However, what appeared to be small waves for him, in truth are huge waves for you.

"STAY BACK YOU FILTHY MONGREL!", 'Theodore' shouts, "I JUST FINISHED STYLING MY MUSTACHE! I DONT NEED A MUCKY TIMBERWOLF DIRTYING IT AGAIN!"

"BUT YOU LIVE IN WATER!", you scream back while trying to dodge the waves ,"HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE!"

Theodore stops splashing and seems to put on a 'thinking' face "You know, you do have a point."

"YA THINK!?" you shout back while trying to regain your breath.

"Terribly sorry about that", 'Theodore' responds "My name is ser Steven Magnet, but you may call me Magnet or preferably Steven for short. May I inquire about yours?"

You give him an incredulous look before giving a sweatdrop and a sigh, "I'll have to get back to you on the name bit."

"Ah, its alright, I will just call you Mordekaiser for now", Steven says before giving you a curious look "Say, you are the first timberwolf I have ever seen that can talk Equish, let alone be friendly in any way."

"I guess you can say im special", you shrug.

Gray Rebl's Comment

As you come back to him, he sniffs into the air.

"Um...what are you doing?", you ask him puzzled.

"Sorry about that, my dear", he responds while taking a whiff of you. He rears back all of a sudden in cringe, and asks:

"Woo! When is the last time since you had a bath?"

You chuckle about that, before replying: "Uh, never? I mean, Timberwolves don't really need baths."

The serpent gasps. "You poor thing! Here, let me lend you assistance", he says as he swishes under the river.

You open your eyes in shock, and cry: "Wait, wait --- NOOOOOOOO!", but it is too late.

A precise splash of water pours out and it lands on you, soaking you to the stick and leaves in your body. You are left dripping wet and cold, since you have no innate heating system, but, most of all, odorless!

Oh, and there is the risk of your wood rotting away, but that is not important.

"How am I supposed to mark my territory now!?", you yell at him enraged, not caring that he is much stronger than you, "Now even Manticores won't recognise and avoid me! I'm going to be in a heap of trouble and annoyance of other random everfreeling stumble upon me."

SnapDrakeGames's Comment

You turn around angrily, and think to yourself:

Tch, it's not like Steven was even interesting! The burning guy is much more interesting, it is not like Steven was the only pleasant conversation-partner I have had in the last years...

You storm off, ignoring the plea of Steven: "Wait, I didn't mean to..."

As you arrive back at your pack's cave, you see signs of battle everywhere. While coming here you had thought you could find the 'Flamer', by retracing your pawsteps to the manticore-field, but you decide to check on your packmates first.

As you look around in the room, you see wood splinters and ash everywhere, you follow it to the secret exit, and even there were ashes of burnt packmates!

You couldn't see any Timberwolves anywhere, which is strange because there always were atleast three of them in here.

What happened here?, you wonder.

As you look around, you feel the depression of lone wolves* creeping into your mind, your soul.

You realise you have to find a new pack, somewhere else, where they cannot die. This has to take priority, even over 'Flamer'. You will have to get the 'Depression of Lone Wolves' (DLW) under control, or you will be seriously handicapped.

You decide you will have to find people willing to accept Timberwolves without packs, and realise something:

You once were for a while in Zebrafrica, having switched places with a desert fox. You heard he didn't like it in the Everfree, and you didn't like it in the savanna. Loss - loss.

But while you were there, you heard about something called a 'Newspaper'. It is rumored to have all important information, probably including what you are searching for.

Somehow, you have to get a newspaper to get a new pack. Preferably without getting attacked by ponies, but how do you keep someone from realising what you are?

What do you do?

Author's Note:

Depression of lone wolves
-Timberwolves without or with a dead pack begin to feel overwhelming depression, causing suicidal thoughts
-The progress of depressing usually takes a long time, depending on the timberwolf
-The pack does not have to be made out of other Timberwolves
-Only three packs are confirmed, but all have a great rivalry and would never accept wolves from other packs

I guess it is pretty obvious from where you have to get the newspaper, right?
I try to get the adventure on track...
What track? I will explain...
later. Next chapter, hopefully. There are certain things you gotta know about, and if you want you can add your own articles into it. I'm not judging, I am putting it down.
Sorry if something seems bad (like the pun on the title, Steven referred to himself as Sea Monster in episode 100, or the storyline so far).
Oh, and the DLW I told you about? Yeah, that should be pretty good motivation. Could lead to death. 'Flamer' AKA Mars Strike will appear at a later date again, don'tcha worry Pentakill Apocalypse! In some time I might start to copy DWC (Author of The Life of a Wanted Changeling) even more by asking questions here :pinkiecrazy: