• Published 19th Jul 2015
  • 956 Views, 75 Comments

A Timber for a Wolf (Comment-driven) - Solarkness



In the horde, there is a timberwolf. He is a leader, to be exact. But how did he get that far? This is his story and quest. (Comment-driven)

  • ...
3
 75
 956

Crimson Talk

"Thanks for helping us out with this", Gory Flight (You nicknamed her Crimson-Robe) thanks you again.

You currently are in a room for strategy-meetings. In the middle of this circle-shaped room there is a round-table with twelve chairs around it. The room is bleak, showing nothing besides this.

On the table lies a map of manehattan. Appletree's restaurant, Cardamom's bakery, Grain Seed's pharmacy and Garnet hotel have a red figure placed onto them. Additionally, Brass Tack's pawn shop, the nightclub Noble Nest (to which the bar you come from also belongs) and Rainy Mansion have blue figures instead. Bread Hook Public Library has the only green figure on it.

"The red figures stand for verified bases, houses or allies of the cultists, the blue figures are rally-points for our allies, and the green figure... well, we're beneath the library right now. It's our base of operations. Normally, there would be yellow figures too, they would mark suspected bases, houses or allies of the enemy, the cultists this time.", Flight explains, "But as you can see, there are very few red and no yellow figures, showing how good they are at staying undetected. We suspect most...", at this she stops, realising you are holding your head between your paws, "Are you even listening?"

Ugh, stop talking! I'm developing a headache here...

You look up, and ask: "So I just have to destroy the houses with the red-figures?"

"No! I told you on the way here that you are supposed to infiltrate them to get more information! Argh, did you listen to anything I just said?"

"...maybe?", you reply sheeply, "I mean, I just kill a cultist on the street, then act as if I am that cultist to gain entry to their bases, right?"

"...riiight, why are we hiring you again?", Flight wonders, "No, don't answer that, I know why."

If you don't want me to answer you, why do you ask at all?

"Sooo... when can I start?", you inquire.

"You can start in four days. Lemme just put a figure here...", at that, she places a blue figure at Garnet Hotel, "And then...", at that she starts placing and moving figures around.

What is she doing?

"Um, what are you..."

"Huh? Oh, you can go already. Sense is going to show you where you can sleep while you work for us.", Flight mutters quietly, obviously distracted.

"Um... who is Sense? And where is he?", you ask, but she does not answer you. Before leaving, you look around the room one more time. It seems you missed a stray Crimson Knight-coat lying on the ground. You pick it up and store it in your pockets, before leaving the room.

In front of the room, you see two Crimson Knights guarding the entrance.

One of them stops doing that, and greets you: "Greetings... I was unfortunately unable to witness your arrival before, so I hope you find it in yourself to forgive me. My name is Honorable Sense, might I inquire about yours?"

Huh, this guy speaks rather strangely. Welp, Gaia won't punish me for socialising with weirdos as far as I know.

"Well, it's nice to meet you. So, you were supposed to show me where I can sleep?", you reply evasive.

"Yes, I was asked to show you where you can sleep. However, I couldn't help but notice that you were trying to circumvent telling your name. I will not force you to tell me, but I was hoping our relationship would be based on trust.", Sense tells you, before motioning for you to follow him.

Hm... he's atleast not standing around talking for what feels like an eternity before showing you around... that's good, I guess.

Sense tries to strike up a conversation, saying: "You emit a... unique odor..."

Finally someone who appreciates my natural scent! Honestly, most people seem to think I stink, but it smells wonderful for us Timberwolves.

"Oh, yes, I do! Why, are you about to ask about my favorite choice of bodywash? Well, sorry to disappoint you, I prefer no bodywash at all", you tell him proudly.

"Oh, one is able to... perceive your favorite choice of bodywash. No other bodywash can produce this kind of aroma", Sense replies.

I like him... this guy is great! It's like, he is the bestest pony ever! Celestia, Luna and whoever else might be a pretty pony princess prancing proudly (P5), Honorable Sense is best P5!

"So, do you have, like... someone who is very dear to you?", you inqire curiously.

"Why, yes! For one, my sister, Gory Flight, who you have already had the pleasure of meeting, is very dear to me. Additionally, my mother, Celestia bless her soul, was very dear to me back then, just as my father still is. However, he moved to Vanhoover recently. Did any of your family-members ever move away? If so, I am terribly sorry for you, I used to visit him every week. That reminds me, I do not know anything about your family. Would you care to correct this horrible flaw in our relationship?"

Uhhh, how do I evade this topic... I know! I am just going to pretend my pack is my actual family...

"Well, there was Elder for once. He was like... he was my grandfather, always sharing his wisdom with me. You know, he even taught me about bubbles!"

Sense looks at you strangely, before inquiring: "He taught you on the topic of... bubbles?"

You nod your head, and reply: "Yep! About the topic of the mythical, magical artifacts called bubbles! And that they come from these weird, specially enchanted soap dispenser. They even had one in the bar in front of which you guys knocked me unconcious!"

Sense smiles sheeply: "Oh, I wanted to talk to you about that..."

From a PM between me and PentakillApocalypse (He wrote the scene you are hearing play out)

"If you will not join willingly, then we will have to use unsavory methods! Do not make this hard for us!"

What is that sound... I know, it's the sound of eavesdropping-time!

"Shhh, be quiet for a moment... this could be interesting!", you stop walking and press your ear on a nearby door, which has a blue light shining through.

"You want me to join a cause that I have no reason to join in, and lets not forget the fact that every single one of you are idiots, your supposed 'generals' all screw around doing jack all day and when it comes down to fighting, they just hide behind their soldiers to do the dirty work for them. Oh, and lets not forget that every single one of you, blubbering, PANSY, WEAKLING PONIES ARE THE MOST SINGLE MINDED IDIOT THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN! GIVE ME A REASON NOT TO RIP OFF YOUR HEADS AND DELIVER THEM TO YOUR FAMILY'S DOORSTEP!?"

Ow, my ear! Did he have to scream that loud?

"I- I.... SEIZE HIM!"

You hear some weird sounds following that, even a "Dear Luna!"- and "F*** this s*** I'm out!"-scream, before someone in there quietly mutters: "Boo!", followed by a thud. A short while nothing could be heard besides someone scuffing his feet, and then: "Wa-WAIT! I'LL PAY YOU! ANY AMOUNT YOU WANT! JUST..."

"You've got a deal", at this the voice quiets down to a deadly whisper, and you could swear the door froze on his words, "But give me ANY reason for me to believe that you are going to betray me, I will make sure that every. single. one of you. will regret it, savvy?"

After that you hear galloping, and a muttered: "Troublesome"

The blue light stops shining, and is replaced by something that's obviously candlelight.

"And that is how it came to this situation", a voice says.

Another one replies: "Hm... he is right, that is troublesome. But not for him, for us. We cannot back out now, and he is fairly important to the plan... but the sum he wants is ridiculous. Not impossible, but incredible high."

Sense tips at your shoulder, and motions for you to follow him. You gaze a last time at the door, before turning away with a heavy heart.

After making sure you are out of earshot-range, Sense resumes talking with you: "I assume you want to know what that was, is this wrong?"

"Yeah, you are right...", you mutter, "What was the deal with that?"

"Long story short? A mercenary wanted a really high sum for his service, and our recruiter agreed. Now our finance-master has to figure out how to get that money, or that mercenary comes back for vengeance..."

That doesn't sound like Sense did before... he must be really pissed about that, huh. Best P5 is pissed about something.

"Oh, so that happened just now in that room and you already know that? Your information-network must be hyper-efficient.", you reply lost in thought.

Sense snickers, before tellign you: "Said event did not occur in the specific room we are conversing about. Instead, they have looked over a recording of said event stored in an observation-crystal. Most likely, they were trying to figure out a way to get out of it, however, as I said we had already agreed to his terms before.

We arrived at your chamber."


You are now the Nightmare-Universe-Timberwolf

The hatred-chambers are almost full enough to try another communication-attempt, however, at the moment you are stuck in an Equestria completely devastated by Nightmare-Bugze.


All you need to know, everyone besides you is dead, and all signs of civilisation are destroyed. Ruined cities can be found, but no single house still completely intact. The only other people you could meet are those who were returned from their respective afterlives, or the ones most badass. Honestly, only like three people on the whole planet.


While you do have the TARDIS from this Universe's Doctor, it recently stopped working and you haven't figured out how to repair it. With your trusty sidekick Dalekarian, who is a Dalek with every weapon dismounted, you figured out that water is running low again. The only water you could use, and only after purifying it at the TARDIS, is the one from the Mirror pool on the other side of the forest.

However, the Everfree-Forest you are in has recovered from almost complete destruction already, and more dangerous versions of creatures like Manticores, Timberwolves and Cockatrice evolved in the last five years since you were here.

You have a deck of cards, a complete ruleguide to Oogres and Oubliettes, a complete set of dices, an umbrella, a few canisters for water and your trusty lunchbox on you. You forgot what else you might have left in the TARDIS.

You have all of Eternity, theoretically.

What do you do?

Author's Note:

Yeah, I have no apologies for this. Oh, and recordings with TV is canon in my story now, just thought I'd let you know.
I think I will change my writing-style a bit for the next part, where you will have to tell Nightmare-Timberwolf what to do. I mean, noone besides PentakillApocalypse really writes comments anymore...


EDIT: Honestly, I don't even care about that anymore. I mostly write this for myself from now on! But still thanks for the indirect thumbs up!


:fluttercry: Well, another question: What codename would you suggest for our Timberwolf? Honorable Sense might allow you to evade the question, but not everyone will be that friendly.