• Published 19th Jul 2015
  • 956 Views, 75 Comments

A Timber for a Wolf (Comment-driven) - Solarkness



In the horde, there is a timberwolf. He is a leader, to be exact. But how did he get that far? This is his story and quest. (Comment-driven)

  • ...
3
 75
 956

Arc of Other Part One

You realise you forgot one important item for the quest: A bucket.

While the canisters are good for transporting the water, the bucket is made out of metal. And noone knows when you might have to hide a piece of yourself under a bucket, after all. Who ever looks beneath buckets?

You go back inside the TARDIS into your hallway, leading to seven different rooms. You did not understand the architectural choices of the former owner, so you renovated most of it.

The walls are painted leafgreen, the ground stonegray. The doors themselves are brown, with the knobs being pure black.

It might cause a headache to look at it for some, but you are not some. You go through the second door on the right, entering your 'Important Storage'-room. You keep everything that will probably be needed in here, those things include but are not limited to: Buckets, spare dices, katanas, knives, AK49's and the DVD containing the whole series of Doctor Whooves.

You take one of your buckets from your storage, before leaving it. The mess inside it should better be left unexplained.

You leave the TARDIS, but not before looking into the 'Dalekarian Playroom', a room where Dalekarian gets locked up in your free-time. In the last month he has not done anything wrong, so he is not in here. He probably is in the control-room again.

After that, you finally embark on your journey through the Everfree. Of course, you stored everything in a red cape you recently found lying on the ground. It had some weird note attached to it, saying: 'To past me, from future me', but that is impossible. You would never give such an important item away, you mean, it has hyperspace built into it.

You constantly watch your surroundings for overgrown critters and plants. The Everfree is kind of mesmerising, now that it is regrown.

The leaves shimmer silvery, the bushes kind of seem to flow together, the trees stand tall, but far away enough from eachother that light shines down for the smaller plants. Flowers of all kinds grow, even the first specimen of a flower you call 'Black Rose' was found by you a few days ago.

It really is an interesting flower. You see, if you take it out of the ground, its roots will start growing downwards like crazy, and if you put your paw beneath it, its roots will grow into it and suck the minerals out of it. Now, you haven't been able to test if it is universally applyable, or if it works only against Timberwolves, but even so, it is a huge step in evolution for plants inside the Everfree. Seventy-eight percent of plants are carelessly thrown out of the ground by Timberwolves that are chasing their prey, and this 'Black Rose' has developed a counter-mechanism. So far, the longest time a Black Rose could sustain its growth without any 'rooting' happening was ten point five six seconds. It actually doesn't look like a rose, even if it is called that. It looks like a potato that grew overground. You only called it that because you found it in a really dark cave, and when it dug into you it felt as if you fell on spikes. Later on, you were able to bring it out of the cave, and look at it in the twilight. While it had died by the time you got it out of the cave, it still was somehow able to spread its seeds outside. Now you can find it everywhere in the Everfree, usually.

Unfortunately, you are unable to spot it today, even if it has been a particularly interesting day. All other interesting days since its discovery you have been able to find it, even if there were none until today.


You are so mesmerised by the beauty of the Everfree, that you forget that you should be moving.

But seriously, you should get moving.

You pry your eyes away from the leaves, and towards your goal... which is behind even more leaves. Good job, you did great.

After resuming your journey, you keep watch for anything that could try to keep you away from the target again...

Dream Seeker's Comment

You see a Cockatrice a few trees away (Trees are your favorite method of distinguishing distances, but since leaving the Everfree you had much fewer trees to count, so you swapped to metres temporary. Now you are back to counting trees), reminding you that you should try to keep yourself from getting stoned.

Looking up at the sky, you get no useful information at all. The world is still locked in eternal twilight, with no night or day.

You are getting tired though, so you climb the next tree, and put on your bucket. After all, a sappy romance-novel once said it works against Cockatrice, so why shouldn't it work even after they evolved?


Evolved Cockatrice; Also called: New Cockatrice / Cockatrice
Appearance: They have three snaketails, two dragonwings and two huge chickenlegs. Everything besides their face is covered in scales, and their wings have developed claws at their end. While their legs are chickenlegs, they somehow are ripped and just pulsate from all the muscle. Their head is a chickenhead, and laughably undersized when compared to their body. Their body is roughly four times as big as their head would suggest, going off normal Cockatrices. Besides that, their head is very much like from normal cockatrices.
Powers: If you look into their eyes, you are petrified, just like with normal Cockatrices. If you stare at them too much, you get sleepy. It is not yet confirmed whether that is because you are just always tired, or because they have gained another power.


...you feel strange.

You try to open your eyes, but it doesn't work.

You try to move your paws, but it doesn't work.

You try to remember your dream, and it does work. But it does not help your situation.

Suddenly, you feel something applying pressure on you, it is then that you remember something:

Cockatrices turn their victims into stone, before destroying said stone. Only few cockatrices did not do it that way, and there is no reason to assume all evolved ones are of that kind.

Of course, you don't think that is bad. In fact, if you were caught by a cockatrice of that kind, you probably wouldn't be able to get free before a few old days passed.

It is much easier to sever your connection with small parts than with your body as a whole, not that the former is any less painful.

Your stony prison cracks, before breaking apart.

You begin severing your connection to your parts.


Compatibility:
As Compatibility we Timberwolves understand the ability of a material to connect with our spiritual essence, and to serve as a body for our spiritual energy. The Compatibility differs from material to material, however it should be known that the Compatibility usually is high for Timberwolves, when the following criteria are met:
-The material has to be solid
-The material has to be connected to the Earth
For some reason Wood has a higher Compatibility than Dirt and Stone, but so far no scientists have tried to figure out why.
Other spirits of nature can have Compatibility too, the Iron Eye for example has a high compatibility with metals.


After infusing your energy with a couple of loose branches and leaves, and re-building yourself, you look much more fabulous than before. You don't know why you haven't done this before.

You regather your cloak, that miraculously did not get turned into stone, but for some reason the bucket was.

You resume your walk towards the mirror-cave.

After a few hours walk (If you know how to navigate the Everfree, you friggin' know how to get through it) you arrive at the mirror-cave.

After opening the entrance and entering, you fill up the watercanisters with mirror-water.

You are about to leave the mirror-cave, when you see a hole in the opposite wall of the cave. It seems that a worm or something dug through it.

What do you do?

Author's Note:

So, yeah...

An ominous hole in a cave...

Seems totally legit, 10/10, would use to punish traitors with.