• Published 15th Jun 2015
  • 1,272 Views, 24 Comments

I Don't Speak Pet - markhaox14



Mind reading? Cool! Communicating with animals? Super cool! Trying to mind read and communicate with Gummy? Well... Twilight tries it. But will she enjoy what he's trying to communicate?

  • ...
4
 24
 1,272

Indecent Proposal

I scribbled into my journal. Day 6... huh... time flew by really fast. I shook the thought from my head. Gotta stay focused, Twily. I began writing once more. It's been almost a week since Gummy has had the helmet. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were the first to hear about this on Day 1. I've already begun work on building another helmet. While the new model, I expect, will not be as rough and complex as the first model, it should work just as exceptionally. Perhaps I can make one for each of my friends... it makes communicating with our companions much easier. Model #2 should be finished by tomorrow earliest, the next day latest.

I yawned, feeling my eyelids sink a bit. Gosh... I haven't slept much this past week. I just can't help it, though. Gummy... Gloomy... er... oh, yeah, right, Gummy... he's already introduced himself to... I yawned once more thinking about it. He met everypony in town formally... he even helped Cheerilee with a demonstration on... ah... I felt myself yawn again. Snap out of it... T-Twily...

Mmm... yep... I'm still surprised that he helped the school. But... that's Gummy for you... I struggled to stay awake... but the sleep was calling me... and the light was starting to fade a bit... do they always do tha-


I nudged my head against something. It felt a bit damp... yet... cool to the touch. I didn't want to open my eyes... heh, it's like they had a mind of their own... and just didn't want to budge. I nuzzled the damp spot more, before it began to feel a bit slimy. Wait... slimy. Immediately, my eyes lost their mind, and they immediately opened. I glanced down to where I felt the coolness coming from, around my left cheek. Oh no... I drooled in my sleep! Uh... I hate that!

I pulled my face off from the map. It hadn't revealed itself in days. I suppose that's a good thing... an Equestria with no problems is an Equestria I'd like to keep. I focused a bit, still tired and drowsy. With a bit of thought, I brought a towel forth with my magic, and wiped both my cheek and the map's center with it. I stretched in my throne a bit, before standing up, trotting a bit around the room to get the feeling back in my legs.

After a moment, I decided my mind, body, and soul were fully awake, and I trotted outside the castle. The sun was just beginning to rise, and Ponyville lay in a deep golden auburn hue. I suppose waking up early has its rewards. Beautiful ones at that. I could go for a morning stroll, feel the slight chilliness of dawn before the heat of the sun kicks in. Or I could-

"Twilight!"

The sound of a pink siren startled me, and Pinkie rushed towards me, breathing heavily and looking distressed. Oh my gosh... what happened? "Pinkie, what's the matter?"

She began to quiver a bit. I didn't know if this was her Pinkie Sense or just her dilemma. "G-Gummy! I know I shouldn't read letters that aren't for me and I'm sorry Twilight but I got one in the mail that was for Gummy and when I opened it I... I... I couldn't believe it..."

"What's wrong, Pinkie?"

She began to sniffle a bit. Oh no... she was gonna start sobbing again. "It was a talent agency!"

A... talent agency? Uh... was this bad news? "Er... Pinkie? I... don't see what's wrong with a business promoting itself."

She wiped her eyes, yet they still remained misty. "...I... I always said I'd support Gummy with whatever he wanted to do... but... i-if he wants to do this... Twilight... I don't know how I'm gonna take him being gone from my life...!" Her eyes began to flood... I merely grimaced. Again... this was something I hardly ever saw Pinkie do.

"...well... Pinkie... while I am concerned about Gummy... we don't know that he'll even want to accept their offer! Why, he might even decline, and you wouldn't have to worry about not being able to see him!"

She slowly stopped crying, yet remained sniffling. "Y-you're saying... there might be a chance he... he might not leave...?"

"Of course, Pinkie."

She seemed to stop sniffling, and her smile returned. Then it turned into a wide grin. "I read you loud and clear, Twilight! You're saying I should hide the letter! Act like it was never sent!"

Wait, what!? "No, Pinkie, that's not what I meant when-!" She cut me off before I could finish.

"Oki dokey, Twilight! Great plan! But there's a lot to consider like the ponies who sent it the mailpony the post office the mailbox the envelope did you know that some envelopes make you lick them before you close them I always thought that was weird but anyways yeah! It's the perfect plan! And here's what we do!"

"Pinkie, I didn't say-"

She seemed to pull a white board from the bushes near the castle... did she leave that there before!? She began scribbling onto it, and in a matter of seconds the board illustrated a set of drawings of... a castle, an envelope, a city, Gummy, and... I think that's a goat? "Step 1! We take this envelope and letter, top it with seasoning and dressing, shred it up into little pieces, and feed it to a goat!" OK, it was a goat.

"Pinkie, where are we gonna find-"

"Step 2! We send a response letter to the agency which is located in Los Pegasus and will take approximately two to three business days to arrive saying that Gummy respectfully declines the offer of a part as Moat Alligator #3 in a movie with Daring Do!"

"You can't just forge-"

"Step 3! We both act as if the original letter had never been sent seasoned marinated shredded and fed to a goat so the Gummy will stay and we can have fun together!"

I had enough of Pinkie's silliness. "Pinkie!"

She stopped, stared, and smiled at me. "Yes, Twilight?"

"First off, this plan is... very well detailed... but absolutely ridiculous! Secondly, we can't do this to Gummy. That's extremely rude and uncalled for! Thirdly... for Celestia's sake, don't you see? You can't keep Gummy on a leash, Pinkie. He needs to experience things for himself. He wants to do something with his new talent. You can't take that away from him."

She stared at me quietly. What was she thinking? She then grimaced. Uh-oh. "Twilight, you just don't understand the unbreakable bond me and Gummy have. We would go to the ends of the Earth together! And nopony can take that away from us. I'm sorry Twilight, but... I can't let you take it away." She trotted off.

Oh no... if she was going through with this silly plan... it'd be extremely unfair for Gummy. And it'd be even worse if he did find out. He'd probably want to leave knowing Pinkie was trying to fix his life for him. I didn't want to take away their love for each other... I just wanted what he wanted... even if... even if it meant he had to say goodbye.

No. I've got to stop her. Pinkie may not realize it, but Gummy will still love her no matter what, wherever he will be. I galloped to Sugarcube Corner, racing against the clock now.

I arrived shortly, seeing no sign of Pinkie or Gummy. I turned to the mailbox in front of the bakery, and reached for it. Suddenly, I felt my hoof held back by something... I can't open another pony's mailbox! That's immoral! I sighed. Oh boy... this was going to be tougher than I thought.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment