• Published 30th Nov 2015
  • 1,931 Views, 36 Comments

Idyllic Interludes - lollipopchica



It was all a dream she thought... A vivid illusion induced by heartache and magic. Oh how wrong she was.

  • ...
7
 36
 1,931

Chapter 3

-C3-
The last few weeks had been very relaxed, much to a certain teacher’s delight. After the last conversation he’d had with Chrystal, he hadn’t seen the mare for a while. Out of sight out of mind. He had, however, been spending a great deal of time with Cadance. Catching up with his former flame had brightened his days considerably.

Shining Armor had a bouquet of red roses in his magical grasp as he made his way to the theatre he knew Cadance was working. So far they’d been on three dates and he was hoping to talk to the mare about something a little more serious.

He could tell by the way she acted she still had feelings for him. If the kiss they’d shared last night was no invocation of how she felt, then he didn’t know what was. His cerulean eyes were bright, as was the grin he had on his face. Cadance had begged him not to go all those years ago, and when he came back she told him flat out she didn’t want to spend her days pining for a stallion chasing a legacy that didn’t involve her.

He was always saddened by the note they ended on, but now he was willing to do whatever it took. Even if he had to pine for a little while to prove how serious he was.

Everything was perfect until he saw her laughing with another stallion, leaning closely over the table with a coquettish smirk on her lovely features. The lobby was semi-full and ponies passed by him as if he weren’t even there. The smile he wore melted into a frown as his magical grasp waned on the blood red blossoms.

The stallion locked in his vision chuckled off handedly and brushed a stray lock out of Cadance’s face. The way her gaze softened made him wary. Violet irises flooded with warmth and longing for the dusky grey pegasus.

“Don’t take it to heart… she’s just irresistible that way,” came a familiar voice. He looked to his right to see Chrystal Heart staring at the scene with a thoughtful expression on her face. When he turned back to watch the object of his affection, he really wished he hadn’t.

The stallion didn’t know how he felt about seeing the Cadance locking lips with the older stallion who was just as famous.

Faust was one of the best screenwriter’s in the business. With origins shrouded in mystery, the accomplished stallion kept his distance to most everyone. Everyone except Mi Amore it seemed.

Chrysalis was used to ponies ignoring her talent in light of Cadance and it bothered her. How could one mare be so lucky? Granted she didn’t exude an air of romantic innocence but she still thought she was no pony to sneeze at. She worked hard for the scraps she did get and it was starting to wear on her confidence.

Her eyes fell to the roses on the ground and her eyes softened. ‘Poor guy…’ she thought feeling a twinge of smugness. Cadance and Faust were an odd couple. The way they danced around each other was quite the show. If the stallion thought he could cut in on ‘that,’ he was crazy. Faust was a compassionate tortured soul, and Cadance was the kind of mare who liked to exorcise compassionate tortured stallions.

When she glanced at Shining Armor she was surprised to see him staring at her.

“Are you doing anything later?”

If having a bottle by herself as she beat herself up over her lack of opportunity counted as plans… “I have plans, yes.”

“Mind breaking them?”

She eyed him skeptically and answered scathingly. “Sure you want to be seen with me?”

His expression softened and he looked ready to apologize. “I’ve been a-“

“An ass? A jerk… a pig... an idiot- Or how about Spike’s fav: ‘douchebag?’”

He chuckled, “I get it… I get it!”

She grinned, “What did you have in mind?”

*-*-*-*-*

Everything about the stallion was modest, so it was no surprise that his small apartment was too. True to bachelor style, not a lot occupied the space and yet it still felt cozy. Books were scattered here and there giving the place the appearance of a giant study.

“This is nice,” She commented offhandedly admiring hardwood floors.

“Thanks,” the stallion smiled sheepishly. “It’s not much, but it’s affordable.”

She nodded with a tight smile of her own. Making her way to the living room, she took a seat and absently studied the material on his coffee table. A finely arched brow was raised as curiousness overtook her.

Manehattan Police Department Officer Application Form

Shining Armor busied himself around in the kitchen cleaning and organizing when Chrysalis finally decided to speak. “So,” she drawled, making herself comfortable. “What’s your story?”

A grin made his scar dance from the pull of muscle. “My story?”

“Yeah. How long have you been a teacher?”

“Not long actually.”

“What did you do before?”

He gave her a laugh as he focused on cleaning some last minute dishes. “I was a soldier actually.”

“Oh? Do continue…”

“That’s a story for when I’m drunk.”

Chrysalis appeared thoughtful. “Well… let’s get you drunk.” She grinned producing a bottle of wine from her bag.

Author's Note:

Sooo... I've been a little MIA, but I promise things are slowly being written and revised.

A buddy of mine has been encouraging me to write other stories about these two and I've been considering it. But honestly I'm not sure. If I decide to flush out anything else with this couple, I'll be sure to let you all know.

How does anyone feel about Cadance/Chrysalis?


Enjoy!
-Lolli C.