• Published 30th Nov 2015
  • 1,931 Views, 36 Comments

Idyllic Interludes - lollipopchica



It was all a dream she thought... A vivid illusion induced by heartache and magic. Oh how wrong she was.

  • ...
7
 36
 1,931

Chapter 11

Pinkie Pie may have been a small town girl at one point of time in her life, but not anymore. The sweetheart pony was all grown up now travelling the world and making ponies laugh. Her show was much like her personality. Wild and warm with lots of pink.

Pinkie Pie smiled conspiratorially as she welcomed her guest to Frivolously Pink.

At first Chrysalis had been hesitant to trust anything from Twilight Sparkle. After all how did she know this wasn’t another ploy to hurt her? But after talking to her sister, her manager and assistant, they’d all convinced her that Pinkie Pie wasn’t that kind of pony and that this was a good idea. Even she had to admit that Pinkie Pie could do no wrong in public’s eye and her interviews were some of the most entertaining.

So after swallowing her pride and hurt, she asked Twilight what to do. A week later, she found herself sitting in front of studio audience trying to play the part of an unconcerned actress. She swallowed as her interview began.

“Chrystal Heart… the mare everypony has been gossiping about is today’s special guest, folks. Whether it’s her exotic looks, nontraditional roles or rumored affairs,” Pinkie wriggled her eyebrows suggestively. “This starlet has had her share of spotlight.”

Despite her anxiousness, Chrysalis gave her trademark smirk at Pinkie Pie’s introduction

“For those of you who don’t know Chrystal Heart was a heavy player on the Manehattan scene until she found a more comfortable niche in Las Pegasus. She’s played in productions such as Snow White, The Snow Queen, The Mare from the Crystal City, and most recently, the salaciously gritty Jezebel.”

The audience cheered.

“So Chrystal,” she purred excitedly, “You’ve been getting a lot of publicity lately?”

“Yes I have…”

“And in showbiz there’s no such thing as bad publicity.”

The two laughed. “Normally I would agree, but I have to say that what’s been out lately has been a bit much even for me.”

“They say fortune favors the bold but do you think your choice of roles might have anything to do with some of the notoriety you’ve been receiving?”

“I’ll admit that the roles I like are a lot less traditional. But I’ve never been a traditional mare. When I started here the kinds of role I went after were pageant-like princess types and every time I fell short because my performances were lacking. It wasn’t until I went to Prance for a production company that a good friend told me maybe romanticized mares of youth weren’t for me. But with that being said, just because I play bad girls or femme fatales it doesn’t make me a manipulator. Those are just roles I play and I’d like to think that the public would recognize that.”

“And play them you do! It’s so easy to root against your characters because there is an edge you bring to them that just livens up the show. But it seem s since you moved to Las Pegasus your roles have gained more depth.”

“And they have, before it was because it seemed it was all I could get, but now the ladies I portray are more than just wicked because that’s what’s expected of the archetype. They’re jagged because they’ve been broken and they only had themselves to count on. Does it make them cold? Yes. Indulgent? Most definitely. But are they evil? “

“The million dollar question it seems… But let’s get down to the real nitty gritty. Ex. boyfriends.” Pinkie Pie wriggled her eyebrows suggestively as a sly expression hatched onto her girlish features. The crowd ooo’ed as a couple of wolf whistles filtered through.

“Oh! I have something for you!” Chrysalis signaled a producer who brought to her a pink gift bag. Pinkie Pie’s blue eyes twinkled in pleasant surprise. As the darker mare received the bag and walked it over to her.

“For me?!” She gushed brightly accepting the gift with barely controlled zeal. “Chrystal, you shouldn’t have!”

Chrystal turned to the audience with a big grin on her face. “When she first contacted me about this interview, her exacts words were: Okay, bring me a soda a snickers and all the photos of your ex-boyfriends!**” The pink pony tore open the bag squealing at the items inside.

“OMG! She did!” Showcasing the items. She quickly popped open the soda to take a swig. “Strawberry!” She moaned setting it down and then tearing into the snickers bar. “Chrystal...” she munched and swallowed. “Best gift of the day!” Everyone laughed and cheered as the pink pony’s trademark cannon sounded raining chocolate kisses and confetti.

Chrysalis eyed the host with a look of puzzled amusement as brightly colored pieces of paper swirled around the studio room. Pinkie Pie was strange, but she was definitely interesting.

After everypony calmed down, the vibrant host continued her interview. “Chocolate bliss attained!” She intoned with a smile and closed eyes. “Now!” Baby blues popped open. “Onto these ex-boyfriends.” She pulled out the pictures waving them around before zeroing in on her guest. The lights dimmed as a bright spotlight shined down on Chrysalis.

“Chrystal Heart you’re in trouble.” Pinkie Pie’s whole demeanor turned grave making Chrysalis stiffen in alarm. “J/k… j/k!” Pinkie Pie laughed waving a hoof. Her audience shook their heads with grins used to the mare’s antics. The lights came back on and the spot light faded. “Seriously though, let’s talk colts!” She looked through the three pictures with appraising eyes. “Not bad, not bad. Let’s start with this one- Regal Royale… Tell us about him!” She turned the picture of the smarmy director to the audience.

Chrysalis shook her head before rolling her eyes. “Not much to tell,” She huffed hooving her mane with a look of disdain.

“Don’t be that way!” Pinkie playfully swiped at the air. “For those of you who don’t know Royale is a big time Manehattan director.” Pinkie Pie said to the audience before turning back to her guest with a grin. “We want deets!”

Regal Royale was a chestnut colored pony with a white blanket on his hips. Charming and arrogant, Regal was the type to spit a good game, but ultimately only cared about himself. A lesson Chrystal found out the hard way. All that glitters was most definitely not gold. “I started noticing Regal at the tail end of Snow White, but we didn’t get together till after my contract was up. He was so confident and at the time I didn’t know any better. It ended after I found out how in-love he was with himself and the other three mares he was dating at the time.”

“Oooo…” Pinkie Pie’s face twisted with shock and sympathy causing the audience to boo the picture of the director. “What a louse! But! I’m sure the next colt more than makes up for it. So tell us about the devilishly sexy, Brazen Fuego.” Pinkie Pie drooled at the hunk of pony on the paper before showcasing it to the audience with both hooves!

Brazen was a golden colored stallion with dark socks, face and mane.

“While I did talk to Regal because of his prestige, Brazen was like playing with fire.” Harlequin eyes brightened as Chrysalis thought back to the crazy relationship she had with the stallion. “He was exciting and aggressive. At the time I found him utterly irresistible.”

“Sounds yummy…” The pink pony stated dreamily.

“He played hard and with a nickname like the Brazen Bronco, a girl could hope to expect nothing less.”

“So what happened?”

“At the time Brazen was at the top of his racing career so ‘no’ wasn’t a word he used to hearing. Ponies bent over backwards to accommodate him and you know what that does to a colt.” Was the actress’ dry critique.

“Do I,” Pinkie Pie rolled her eyes in agreement.

“We dated for a few months, but I broke up with him after realizing he really was addicted to the fast life in ways I wasn’t comfortable. I guess he was too much to handle.”

Pinkie Pie frowned. “It’s always the sexy ones…” She griped before finally showcasing the third picture. “Now! Who is this serious looking gent?” She tried her best to imitate the stallion in the picture by pursing lips and furrowing her brow. “So… serious…” She muttered.

Chrystal just chuckled at the Frivolously Pink’s host. She stared at the picture of her ex with a serene expression on her face. Yuri Palomino was a blue roan with soft grey eyes.

“It seemed you were very sweet on him.” Pinkie Pie gushed causing the audience to ‘awww’ in sync.

“Not at first.” Chrysalis chuckled. “Yuri was a play critic that I met the first time I left Manehattan for Prance. He critiqued a play I was in and ripped my performance to shreds! Like I’d had critics badmouth me before, but Yuri made me want to me quit acting. So after my shock turned to anger I met up with him and demanded to know why he felt so strongly. He told me what I told you earlier.”

“And…”

“At first I was furious but there was something about Yuri that I couldn’t stay too mad at. So we met up again... and again… and next thing I know we’re hitting a yearlong anniversary.”

“And there was no biasness in his work?”

“I wish,” she huffed crossing her forelegs across her chest. “Yuri had a soft heart, but an honest tongue dipped in acid. If he sent me flowers after a show, I knew he had something bad to say. A flower for every critique. And I remember getting lots of bouquets!”

“That’s… twisted…” Despite a furrowed brow, Pinkie Pie was sporting a crooked grin. “How did you know you were good if flowers were bad?”

“If he wanted me home immediately afterwards, I knew it was ‘superb’ and that he was looking to reward me with his ‘undivided attention.’” Chrysalis placed her hooves behind her head and leaned back with a smug expression on her face.

“What does that mean?” The pink pony leaned forward as if wanting to be in on a secret.

“I think you know…”

Pinkie Pie gave her a questioning look.

To which Chrystal pursed her lips with a look of her own.

Blue eyes narrowed.

Chrystal grinned.

“No way…”

“C’mon!” She mock whined rolling her eyes. “It’s exactly what you’re thinking!”

“Ho, ho, ho…” She chortled. “You naughty, naughty mare!”

“I don’t care much for apples, but his fritters were to die for! I mean it should be crime that something so unhealthy should be so delicious!”

“What happened?” Eyes were wide as the host's features reflected their eagerness.

“He said he cared me but we weren’t meant to be.” Was the unicorn’s serene reply. “I guess I had too much to prove at the time.”

“Awww...” Blue eyes watered at the tale as Pinkie’s bottom lip trembled. The audience ‘awww’d at the story and their beloved host.

“At the time it was, but he’s now happily married to a mare who doesn’t demand every second of his attention. And I’m happier with where I am as well.”

Pinky Pie sniffled. “Still, that’s a sad ending!” Chrysalis laughed as she shrugged. The pony immediately sobered. “Well! Not to sound… rude… I’m surprised there are only three pictures here. I mean you’re a beautiful mare why so few coltfriends?”

“There were some dates here and there but I never really had time, and these three were the most serious. They all helped mold me into the mare I am now in some ways. I learned about boundaries, self-respect, and how to genuinely care for another.”

“So where do you think these rumors came from?”

She could pay Twilight back right here and now, but she wouldn’t hurt Shining Armor like that. Plus as much as she hated to give the mare any credit, she knew Twilight hadn’t meant for this to go this far. “I’m not sure but I hope ponies realize that they have no merit. I’m sure whoever started them didn’t realize it’d take a life of its own like this."

“Me too… Uh-oh! We’re almost out of time folks, but last question: Is there a leading colt in your life now?”

Chrysalis tilted her head as a thoughtful air overcame her features. She hadn’t talked to Shining Armor since this whole thing went down. She didn’t know what to make of the status of her relationship with him. “Well-“

“She does.” Everypony turned to where a member of the audience stood shedding a coat, hat, and fake mustache. Chrysalis’ eyes widened as the disguised pony was revealed to be Shining Armor. “And he doesn’t care what any pony has to say about it. He trusts her with his heart and he wants to be with her if she’ll let him. He’s sorry he wasn’t here to protect her from all this and he hopes she can forgive him.”

“And who are you?” Pinkie Pie asked not sure what to make of what was going on.

“Just a nobody.” The stallion grinned as his attention rested on the dark colored mare onstage.

“No…” Chrysalis returned his smile. “He’s… he’s my coltfriend. Pinkie Pie meet Shining Armor.”


**Intro from Summer Camp’s ‘Probably Right’