• Published 5th Jun 2015
  • 857 Views, 1 Comments

In My Town - CreatureofTheNight



Starlight Glimmer wanders around her town as she remembers her first month founding it.

  • ...
1
 1
 857

In My Town

Ah, now this is the life! I can't believe all the progress we've made in a mere month. Double Diamond and the others certainly come in handy. I don't whether or not I feel bad anymore…that I have a cutie mark while I’ve spent my existence taking theirs away. I do believe that a world with equality is a perfect world. However...someone needs to run it. It might as well be me. Too bad I have to hide behind makeup to keep my plans from being ruined. Ah well, it happens. One month though…

One month of work, and this town already has a cloak shop and a bakery. True, the cloaks are hideous and the muffins taste absolutely retched, but hey, what can you expect? They don't have their talents anymore. I wonder what the others are doing to celebrate our one month is paradise? Maybe they're planning a big party to honour their great and glorious leader…me! To think I used to believe the lie that the Princesses were spreading about talents and pride and all that garbage. Talent is evil! Then again...talent is kind of how I've been making sure this town has been surviving. Huh…I wonder what I would be like if I did remove my cutie mark like everyone else? Sure, we couldn't ever use the cutie unmarking spell again, but at the same time...I wouldn't be a hypocrite anymore.

A hypocrite? Well, I guess I kind of am. I believe in equality over talent. I believe that egalitarianism is the future of Equestria, but at the same time, I'm using the thing I hate most to create this world of mine…and its not like I'll be around forever to keep doing this. So...why do I hate talent again?

That’s when a violent rage of memories rose to the surface of my mind.

"Blank Flank! Blank Flank!"
"Wow, graduating as a blank flank! I don't think that’s ever happened before"
"Look at that mare, she's all grown up, but she still doesn't have her talent? What, is she stupid or something?"
"*Uncontrollable laughter* Really? I can't believe you haven't found who you are yet!”

Oh yeah...that's why.

I despise talents because I hate the sense of superiority other ponies get when they have them. They become arrogant, egotistical, and cruel. They spit out words made of venom against those who haven't found their place in this world. I hate talent. If we are all equal, then we are all in true harmony. However, somepony has to make it possible. So, the burden of the one pony that has talent might as well be me. I mean, other ponies aren't exactly helpful when it comes to their talents being limited to what they are. It is a burden, but it is one I must bare and hide for the sake of the town and it's survival.

After all, talent is the reason why other ponies argue. They always disagree on who’s the best flier, who’s the best magic user, who’s the best princess, who's the best at everything! It's disgusting! They spend all this time arguing and disagreeing and causing so much hatred that they don't know the beauty of being…one. When other ponies learn to act as one, it's like a whole new day!

That is what my town is looking to accomplish. We are going to make all of Equestria see that they have been living a lie for hundreds and hundreds of years. I swear on it, or my name isn't Starlight! We will all be perfectly capable of living as one, and if any threat comes to Equestria, I will simply take their talent away as well. I tried it on a changeling before, and it worked out just fine! So what's stopping me from trying it out on some demigod?

Life is such a joy in my town! Everyone is at a level here…aside from me. My town looks so happy from here. It looks like they are at peace with the fact that no one is superior and no one is shaking in fear. They are all so happy and content with being as one…that my pride just soars like the wings of a griffin. Ah, it makes me remember when I first founded this town. It was on the same day I discovered my cutie mark.
I was wandering the mountains, trying to get as far away from those…talent-filled hacks of Equestria, when I ran into Double Diamond, lost from one of his former skiing adventures. He asked me for help, and then he…he saw that I was a blank flank. Something inside of me just snapped, and I blasted him. He became my first ever citizen. I panicked after that and clubbed him on the head with a piece of wood I found in the desert…he didn’t know anything. It was at that point that I decided to pull something out of my flank. That’s when I noticed I had my destiny etched upon it.

However, over time, all those things I said…I think I'm beginning to believe them. Exceptional talents are a disease, one that is rotting Equestria from the inside out. Equality is the only way that we will have harmony in this world. In my town, there are no nightmares, because ponies never dream. In my town, my ponies live in true harmony, experiencing true friendships for the first time. I can't explain how much joy it brings me to see how much progress we’re making. True, I had to...convince...a few of our members to join us, but at the same time, we have finally created harmony among the entire town.

There's just so many differences in the world, and all they do is cause pain and destroy friendships over time. With my egalitarian plan, everything will be happy and peaceful! Everyone will smile and smile with pure glee. In my town, I may be the only one with a cutie mark…but it is my burden to do whatever is necessary for the sake of my friends. I am going to implement this change across all of Equestria! I am going to be on top of a world of equality! Every pony, from Celestia to the littlest of fillies will come to me and say, “Starlight Glimmer, you are the greatest mare to ever live!”

I will free the world from the curse of their cutie marks. After all, Life is a Joy in our town, we're all equal here. No one is superior to me. I brought this world friendship, I brought them salvation, and I created harmony!

No one can argue against it…

And no one can stop it.

Author's Note:

This Edit was done by one Dark Sonata, Thank you to my number one fan :D

So here we are! The final VILLAIN POV creation! As I promised in the last one I will at last reveal what all my Villain POV series were referencing and a brief explanation of why I chose this reference Even with Links to the Other stories so you may enjoy them.

The Madness of the King- King Logan's speech from Fable 3, surprised that the first comment was Frollo from Hunchback, anyways I thought the mad king from Fable 3 fit Sombra's character, so I decided to run with it.

Let the Monster Rise - Let the Monster Rise from Repo the Genetic Opera, sometimes you just have to be neon lit with it, and you can't get more Neo Lit than with the title. I thought this fit the conflict between Luna and her inner jealously perfectly

Where's the Fun in Making Sense? Joker's Monologue from the Killing Joke. This was actually made in response to many people wondering where Discord came from. Due to Discord's chaotic nature, I think it would be better if we NEVER knew. If he had a past, it might as well be multiple choice!

This Day This Day Aria from Friendship is Magic. Sometimes the show just gives you the greatest things to work with, and this is no exception after all I put This Day Aria up there with the best villain songs ever made.

Clash of Brothers AKA My new Least favorite story I've written, anyways. The Plauges from the Prince of Egypt. Tirek is a hard character to write for, especially with my limited knowledge, so I decided to run with the whole idea that Scorpan betrayed his brother and went with it. MAN It didn't work.

The Story you JUST read (In My Town)- Our Town from Friendship is Magic. Two reasons why. One: Amon from Korra would have been WAY to easy and WAY to obvious. Two: I think this song does a lot to expand on Starlight's character.

Comments ( 1 )

Interesting point of view, indeed.
I like the idea of your story.

But... you direly should check for errors. There are many typos, left out blanks and such, to a point where it gets distracting.
Even in the description you put in blank lines between P.O.V. and the rest. Why you didn't just write it completely like

"Written in Starlight Glimmer point of view; The story is set before the season 5 pilot double episode."

You don't have too much text in your long description. So using acronyms and shortening everything, feels like lazy writing.

For the story itself: You have many thoughts of Starlight Glimmer here. But they feel sterile. Give a bit of description where she wanders, what the place look like, smell like, feel like. You even could set the real 'thoughts' in italics, or separate paragraphs to distinguish them from the descriptive parts.

But all in all it's a nice read and idea. Have my like.

Login or register to comment