• Published 22nd May 2015
  • 1,149 Views, 46 Comments

Equestria Discord 2: Springtime with Discord - Epicdiscord214



Remember Discord's struggles with being class president? Well, now, he's up for a life-threatening battle.

  • ...
6
 46
 1,149

The Refection's World

Discord looked through his binoculars over the town and its reflective surfaces. As he lowered his specs under his chin, he sighed and turned to Fluttershy.

"Still no sign of my Reflection."

"Don't give up, Discord." Fluttershy said. "We'll find him soon."

"I know." Discord still spoke with discontent. "That's another event I planned turned to mush."

"Huh?" Fluttershy asked.

"I feel useless right now, Fluttershy." Discord explained. "I was in charge of the Spring Field Day and I got interrupted by the return of Twilight Sparkle and Starlight Glimmer. I tried to make up for it with my party last night, but my Reflection just showed up out of the black."

"You mean blue?"

"No, black. I was looking in his soul."

"Discord, why was that all so important to you?" Fluttershy asked. "Hosting parties left and right; that's Pinkie's job. Why are you making a big deal out of it?"

"Because..." Discord sighed heavily. "Because I was trying to raise everyone's standards of me. I made a promise to be a better friend and I have to keep getting better and better..."

"Discord, hold on." Fluttershy interrupted. "You don't need big parties to show you're a good friend. You're actually willing to fight a mirrored version of yourself so you can protect us. We couldn't ask for a better friend out of you."

"Really?" Discord asked.

"I'll show you." Fluttershy bent down and plucked a flower from the grass below. She opened Discord's shirt pocket and tucked it with the pedals sticking out. "There you go."

"A flower?" Discord asked awkwardly. "Really? A new video game would've been nice."

"No, Discord." Fluttershy laughed. "It's my gift to you. You can wear it as a good luck charm. Also, you can call it a symbol. This will show everyone how much you've blossomed into a gentle thing.

"You've started off wrong

With no one to help you out

But after so long

You finally know what friendship's about

You've changed so much

And I couldn't be more proud

How much you've defined

Someone like you

Is definitely one of a kind"

"Well, it wasn't easy," Discord sang,

"I've had some trouble along the way

But that's how I became

The semi-well-behaved kid I am today

If it wasn't for you

I'd still be the same

A creep with a one-track mind

You're definitely right

I'm certainly one of a kind

Thank you for all you've done"

"It's less than what you earn," Fluttershy sang.

"Now, I've got to save everyone," Discord sang.

"And I look forward to your return," Fluttershy sang,

"I give you this flower

As a sign of luck to you"

"And when I return," Discord sang,

"You'll see me good as new"

"AND IN THE END," both sang,

"WE WILL CELEBRATE"

"Imagine what we will find," Fluttershy sang.

"If we have our skills combined," Discord sang.

"And when we work as one," both sang,

"We'll work as one of a... kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind"

Suddenly, Discord's ringtone interrupted and Discord groaned answering it. "Hello?"

"It's Sunset Shimmer!" the voice called out. "Rarity and I found the Reflection! It's traveling through the windows in Main Street! Hurry!"

"I'm on my way!" Discord answered boldly. He hung up and materialized a two-person bicycle. He and Fluttershy got on different seats and peddled into the heart of the town.

Starlight Glimmer stood in the alleyway all alone opening her mirror. Suddenly, the Reflection appeared in it and breathed heavily.

"Man, time flies when you're having fun." the Reflection said.

"Maybe it's just me," Starlight said, "But I don't think going around terrorizing the townspeople could be any definition of fun."

"You don't know what's good." the Reflection replied. "Anyway, how's Applejack?"

"By now, she's probably in her capsule dreaming of cider and rope tricks." Starlight replied. "According to Tirek, by now, your absence from this mirror should be long enough to deal with Discord."

"Excellent!" the Reflection cheered. "You deserve a Vader."

"A what?"

"It's kind of like the Oscars, except for traitors, but that's beside the point. Just lead Discord to my world and I'll handle the rest. Hehehe. He won't know what hit him."

The Reflection squatted and leaped out of the mirror glass. Starlight chased it out of the alleyway and down the street's windows. They soon found their way in front of a furniture store where the others caught up.

"HE WENT IN THERE!" Starlight pointed into the store.

As soon as they were there, they scattered all across the store.

"Found him!" Twilight shouted. She picked up a mirror where the Reflection was at. He tried to move, but he couldn't get out.

"What?" Twilight asked. "What's up with you?"

"I need another reflective surface connected to this mirror to move." the Reflection answered. "I can't escape."

"Odd." Discord said approaching him. "You never had that restriction when you were with me."

"So I've lost a few tricks after you cut me off." the Reflection scoffed. "Big deal. I still got a few more up my sleeve."

"I'll have to see them for myself." Discord said. "Wish me luck."

"Be careful, Discord." Fluttershy warned.

"Rock his world." Flash Sentry expressed.

"Teach that ruffian a lesson." Rarity said.

Then, without warning, Discord leaped toward the mirror and shrunk upon impact. When he opened his eues after a flash, he saw a blurry background. Wherever he looked, it was all fuzzy. The only thing that looked normal was the Reflection taking a sip of tea.

"Welcome to my world, partner." the Reflection said. "Here, everything has to move exactly as the real versions would. They have no minds of their own. But then, you got your powers and gave me my very own mind. I couldn't thank you enough."

Discord stuck out his tongue and blew a raspberry. "I don't need your kind of devotion. I've gotten along just fine without you. There's no chance to breaking me up from my friends just to prove a point anymore."

"This isn't about making a point anymore!" the Reflection exclaimed. "You threw me in a literally stinking trash can! That's not easy to get over, and don't think I haven't tried."

"Well, now, you've got nowhere to go." Discord said. He then materialized a pair of boxing gloves on his hands and punched the air towards him. "Come on, you phoney-baloney! Give me everything you've got! I'm a wrecking machine!"

The Reflection only reacted with a slight chuckle that grew louder. "This is too precious. Tell me, does this sound familiar: 'Please, take me back. I've learned the error of my ways.'"

"I... don't get it." Discord said keeping his gloves up.

"Oh, I can't drill through this wood." the Reflection groaned. "Look, she scammed you. She played you like an instrument."

"...Who did?"

"Okay, now, it's just getting sad." the Reflection sighed. "I'm talking about Starlight Glimmer. She brought me back here. She's responsible for my rampage. And moreover, she's responsible for the disappearances of your friends; the silly one, the athlete, the farm girl."

"What?!" Discord gasped making his gloves disappear. He looked up and saw the border above them. "I've got to warn them!"

Discord leaped up towards the exit, but he felt a tightening and a tug around his wait from the lasso wrapped on him. Discord landed on the ground in front of the Reflection wearing a cowboy costume.

"YEE-HAW! I'M GONNA HOGITE ME A HALFWIT! Don't leave yet, Discord! I've got something planned for you!"

Outside the mirror, no one could see what was going on inside. They couldn't see or hear Discord at all.

"Do you think he made it?" Fluttershy asked.

"Don't ask me." Twilight said. "I've only learned magic existed for a couple of days."

"Hey, it has been a couple of days, hasn't it?" Starlight asked. She then thought inside her head, "That means the EMP patch should shut down and Devastator should come back online any minute now. I've got to work fast."

Suddenly, a white glow escaped the mirror. As soon as it dimmed, Discord was seen lying on the floor across of them. The other people inside the store stared for a minute before returning to their usual business like it wasn't noticeable. Discord raised his head up and shook the dizziness out of his head.

"Discord, are you all right?" Fluttershy asked.

"I'm okay." Discord said. "It wasn't easy. That handsome devil really put up a fight. But eventually, I turned the tables on him. He won't be bothering us again."

"You sure?" Sunset asked. "That's what you thought before."

"Trust me." Discord said. "He won't be that much trouble again."

"Well, did you learn anything?" Twilight asked. "Did you learn how he came back? Anything else at all?"

Discord turned his eyes to Starlight and grinned before turning back. "Nope. I guess that's going to be an unsolved mystery."

"All right." Flash Sentry said. "Let's celebrate this evening. My treat."

"I'll catch up later." Starlight said. "I've got somewhere to be. Hey, Rarity, how about a carpool?"

"Well, I don't have any other means." Rarity replied before following Starlight out.

"I'm proud of you, Discord.." Fluttershy said. "You really came through today. You're a true friend."

"...Yeah, right." Discord replied awkwardly. "Listen, I've got somewhere to be. I'll meet you all later."

Before anyone could say anything else, Discord had already bolted leaving only a cartoon cloud shaped just like his last position.

"That was weird... even for him." Sunset Shimmer said. "Who has to be in a hurry somewhere after defeating his enemy?"

"Now, I'm sure it's pretty important." Fluttershy said. "Otherwise, he wouldn't go so soon."

Rarity sat in the middle seat right next to Starlight Glimmer. Suddenly, the other door opened and Discord hopped right in.

"Discord?" Rarity asked. "What are you..." She was interrupted when a white lightning bolt shot out of his fingers and right to her. Rarity then collapsed forward while Starlight gasped.

"Bada-bing, bada-boom, kapow!" the chaotic kid expressed.

"So... it worked." Starlight said feeling the car drive. "It actually worked."

"Of course, it did. Just open your mirror and see for yourself."

Starlight followed what she heard and opened up her handheld mirror. The Reflection pounded on the glass and shouted.

"LET ME OUT OF HERE, STARLIGHT! YOU LIED TO ME AND MY FRIENDS!"

"I don't believe it." Starlight gasped in shock. She then turned to her partner. "You switched."

"Now, Discord's physical body is mine." the Reflection replied. "With these new powers, capturing Sunset and Fluttershy will be a real walk in the park."

"But we've got to jury this up." Starlight continued. "The EMP patch at the school should turn off and who knows how long until Devastator waked up."

"Don't worry about it." the Reflection said. "He'll always trust Discord, no matter where he is. Now..." He looked out the window and grinned at the passing houses and trees. "...Let's enjoy being real."

Author's Note:

Now, things are looking down.

The song featured here is a parody of "Out of Thin Air" from Aladdin 3.