• Published 22nd May 2015
  • 1,149 Views, 46 Comments

Equestria Discord 2: Springtime with Discord - Epicdiscord214



Remember Discord's struggles with being class president? Well, now, he's up for a life-threatening battle.

  • ...
6
 46
 1,149

The Last Girl

Only six hours 'til sunset, and then, Discord's time will be up. He had to find his Reflection and force him back into the mirror before that happens or he's a goner. That's why he, Fluttershy, Twilight, Flash, Spike, and Fluffy sneaked through an open window in Tartarus Industries.

When they crouched behind a stack of crates under the windows, a couple of them peeked above and saw the workers laboring over the conveyer belts. They were placing cold, gray, metal parts on the components headed their way.

"I can see why they call this place Tartarus." Twilight said. "Discord, where do you remember seeing the girls?"

"Up there." Discord pointed up. "In that office up there."

The five of them sneaked up to the higher level and creaked the door open. Spike looked through and turned his head.

"It's okay. No one's here."

Suddenly, the rest of the gang kicked the door open and charged in. Their expressions changed to confusion when they saw six life-sized indentions on the walls. Discord was the one who was most confused.

"I... I don't get it." Discord said. "They were just here."

"I did say no one was here, didn't I?" Spike reminded.

"Perhaps, they moved the girls to somewhere else after Fluttershy ran off." Flash theorized.

"Well, that's just great." Spike said sarcastically. "What now?"

"Hold on." Twilight said sitting at the desk and starting to type on the computer. "If Tirek does have a secondary hideout, then he must have put it in his computer somewhere."

"Good idea." Fluttershy said. "See what you can find."

"Already done." Twilight cheered on. "He seems to own a warehouse downtown big enough for another production line. That might be the place."

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Discord said. "Let's stop Tirek, save our friends, kick the Reflection's handsome face, and make sure I don't disappear--not necessarily in that order."

"Hold on." Twilight interrupted seeing an open file. She clicked on it and looked at the documents. She widened her eyes. "Gang, this is Tirek's plan!"

"What?" Fluttershy asked. "What does it say?"

"Well, according to this," Twilight said, "Tirek's been studying the foundations of the Equestrian magic since your school's Fall Formal. He had a particular focus toward that one spell that turned the students into Sunset Shimmmer's teenage zombie army. According to these notes, Tirek has found a way to recreate and repurpose the spell to extend his will over everyone in the town. But he needs the magic of the very bond that defeated it to use this hive mind."

"Hive mind?" Spike asked. "What's hive mind?"

"It's like mind control." Twilight said. "With it, everyone in Canterlot will be acting and thinking under a single voice."

"I hear a single voice." Discord said. "It's saying, 'run'."

"Oh, dear." Fluttershy said. "I know Starlight wants equality, but I didn't think she'd go through this much extremes."

"What if she didn't even know?" Flash said. "To me, it seems like Starlight wasn't even aware that Tirek's going to use mind control. All she knows is, he's working for equality. We've got to get to that warehouse and save the girls before it's too late."

They were about to leave, but they saw a familiar face standing at the door. It was the same face as the chaotic boy beside the group. The Reflection chuckled at them.

"Well, well, well, well... well."

"That's a pretty deep well." Spike said.

"You!" Discord shouted pointing at him. "You stole me! I'd like it back!"

"You again?!" the Reflection asked in an annoyed tone. "You're beginning to bug me!"

"That's not bugging you." Discord said holding out closed hands. "This is bugging you." He opened his hands and a whole swarm of locusts blew out and launched themselves to the Reflection. The evil double snapped his fingers and the locusts changed into bubbles.

"Is that the best you can do?" the Reflection taunted. "Come on. Show some effort!"

"Okay." Discord returned with a grin. If you say so."

Discord held in a really heavy breath for a moment. A few seconds later, he released the air into a gray, unclear smoke that spread across the room. The only sound was the Reflection's chuckle.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you smoking was bad for you?" He did the same thing Discord did and held blew all the smoke into his mouth. When he completely consumed it, he smiled at the teens in front of him, but his expression changed when he saw that they were all wearing gas-masks.

"It's not smoke, sunshine." Discord said. "It's sleeping gas. And you just inhaled all of it."

"WHAT?!" the Reflection panicked. "BUT THAT MEANS..." He couldn't finish his sentence. The Reflection immediately collapsed to the floor. He snored while the others removed their masks.

"Okay." Discord said approaching his fallen doubleganger. "Help me get this guy out of here! And quickly! If I don't get him back in his mirror by sunset, I'm gone for good!"

All of a sudden, the Reflection's eyes opened wide open and his grin returned. "Is that a fact?" He changed his body into a giant octopus and wrapped his tentacles around everyone. "Gotcha! You three-dimensional people are so gullible. I believe it's called 'playing possum'."

"Just you wait, you sadistic squid." Discord threatened. "When I get done with you, you'll have to eat soup with a straw."

"Ooh." the Reflection shivered in sarcasm. "What are you going to do? Throw the dog at me? Face it, Discord. I taught you everything you know. I know everything you're going to do."

"You might know everything I'm going to do," Discord returned, "But that's not going to help you since I know everything you're going to do. Strange, isn't it?"

"Oh, yeah?" the Reflection asked. "Bet you didn't know I was going to do THIS!"

The octopus threw his tentacle holding Discord and carried him to the industrial floor. The original looked and saw that the workers had already gone and he was pushed and magically strapped onto a conveyer belt. He looked ahead of him and saw an electric buzz-saw five feet in front of his head. The belt stopped every few centimeters, but he knew it was a matter of time before his head would be next.

In the meantime, the Reflection gently set the rest of the team (except Fluttershy) on their feet and let go. "You can try to save him or you can try to stop me. Make a choice!"

His evil laugh echoed as he changed back into his real form and tied Fluttershy in a rope. Helicopter blades buzzed above his head and he flew with her out the window.

Discord scoffed as he saw his counterpart leave. "And he wonders why I threw him away."

"Flash and I will try to save Discord!" Twilight said. "Spike, you and Fluffy try to follow the Reflection and seei f you can save Fluttershy!"

"Will do!" Spike agreed.

"Meow!" Fluffy added as he left the building with Spike.

Twilight and Flash ran down to the conveyer belt and met up with Discord, who was almost next to being chopped cut open.

"Say, Twilight, do you have an aspirin, because I am about to have a SERIOUS headache!"

Twilight knelt down and examined the cuffs. "These seem to be an unknown piece of metal. Normally, I'd only believe such an element exists in comic books, but with everything going on, logic flew out the window. I suppose I could open them up by.."

She stopped talking when Discord's hands and feet started to shake until the cuffs broke open. He jumped open at the last second before landing in a perfect somersault. Random score cards materialized in front of him. He had a straight 10.

"...Or that." Twilight said.

"Come on." Flash called out. "We've got to catch up!"

The black car was driven right into downtown Fluttershy was tied up in the backseat with the Reflection humming next to her.

"I've got no strings to hold me down." he whispered in a catchy rhythm.

"Just you wait." Fluttershy said. "When Discord gets through with you..."

"Zip it, happy meal! Discord won't be saving you. By now, he's in that big circus in the sky."

Fluttershy glared at the back window and smiled. "Maybe he's lower than you thought."

The Reflection was confused until he heard police sirens. The vehicle began to slow down and he growled when he saw Discord driving a police motorbike and wearing a police uniform. When the both of them stopped, Discord approached his Reflection.

"Okay, buddy. Where's the fire?"

In response, the Reflection shot an entire burst of fire at him. When the flames dissipated, Discord was covered in soot.

"Is it hot or is it me?" Discord asked before shaking the soot off.

"DRIVE, YOU MORON!" the Reflection shouted at the guy in the front seat. "DRIVE!"

Quick as a flash, the car drove off leaving Discord in the dust.

"Oh, no!" he gasped. "I've got to catch up."

Suddenly, a blue car appeared and Flash Sentry was at the driver's seat. Twilight was in the passenger's seat and the pets were in the back seat.

"Hop in!" Flash shouted. Discord did just that.

The next five minutes were Flash's car hurrying behind the Reflection's car. When the evil doubleganger saw his tailer, he commanded his driver to go faster.

"They're accelerating." Twilight said. "Can you drive any faster?"

"I'm driving as fast as I can!" Flash Sentry replied. "This car can't go any faster!"

"Nothing that rocket boosters won't fix." Discord added.

"Discord, if you touch my car, I'll..." Flash started to say. He was interrupted when Discord snapped his fingers and fiery engines appeared at the side and the car went a whole lot faster in an instant. They were gaining on the Tartarus car.

"Okay, now, he's just getting annoying!" the Reflection growled. "Driver, make a sharp turn at the intersections! Use serpentine!"

The long car chase went from one block to another. The pedestrians were panicked and confused at what they were seeing. It all ended when the Tartarus car drove off of a ramp and over a giant wall. In panic, Flash hit his brakes before the wheels could even touch the ramp.

"What are you doing?!" Discord asked. "Fluttershy's over there!"

"Wait!" Twilight said looking around the street. "This is it! This is Tirek's warehouse! It must be over that wall!"

"No problem." Discord said pulling out a giant drill from behind him. "Let's go save our friends."

"How are you fitting that in the car?" Spike asked.

"Don't question awesomeness." Discord replied.

Author's Note:

They know what Tirek has planned and where he's going to do it from. Now that he finally has Fluttershy, what will happen next. Here's a hint: keep watch for the next chapter; same pony time, same pony channel.