• Published 22nd May 2015
  • 1,149 Views, 46 Comments

Equestria Discord 2: Springtime with Discord - Epicdiscord214



Remember Discord's struggles with being class president? Well, now, he's up for a life-threatening battle.

  • ...
6
 46
 1,149

The Final Batle part 2

The sight of Tirek's ginormous size panicked everyone who saw him. In a matter of seconds, citizens were running down the streets away from him. He laughed at this.

"I could get used to this unforeseen turn of events!"

His moment of victory was short-lived, however. He saw a bright flash of light that flew his way and landed in front of him. When the light dimmed, everyone saw Discord and the seven girls behind wearing bright costumes of different colors. After a few moments of watching, Tirek chuckled.

"What is this?" Tirek asked. "You look like Dancing With the Stars."

"We've just become superheroes, villain!" Discord declared. "I am Anar D--you know, like anarchy, but with a bit of my name? Twilight has become the Masked Matter-Girl! Sunset Shimmer is now Sunspot! Rainbow Dash is Zapp! Pinkie Pie is Millisecond! Applejack is now Mistress Marvelous! Rarity is now Radiance! Fluttershy--the Rager!"

"The what?" Fluttershy asked.

"It will make sense later; trust me." Discord whispered.

"Still," Tirek scoffed, "You actually think you're going to stop me? That's so cute."

"How's this for cute!" Rainbow Dash shouted pulling out her lightning-bolt necklace and pointed it at him. A jolt of electricity shot out and knocked Tirek back. He shouted in pain on that one.

"How'd you know to do that?" Sunset asked.

"I saw the thing around my neck and thought it might be good for something."

"Good thinking, Rainbow." Rarity said. "Say, Discord, what can I do?"

"Point your jeweled bracelet and think about what you want!"

"You mean like a car?" she asked. Suddenly, a purple light shot out of her bracelet and created a giant car. She didn't see it coming, but she knew what to do. She made it rev up and it drive right at Tirek's face knocking him further back.

"Applejack, you're psychically connected to your rope!" Discord shouted.

"What rope?" Applejack asked. Suddenly, she noticed a glowing rope at her belt. It floated out of her holster and quickly, Applejack used it to tie Tirek's arm to the bridge it was lying on.

Suddenly, Pinkie Pie kept zipping at different sides of Discord at hyper-speed. "And me?! Come on, Discord! Tell me! What's my power?!"

"Seriously?" Discord asked gesturing his hand up and down her body.

"Ooooooh." Pinkie said finally figuring it out. "I just thought I had too much coffee. Be back in a flash!"

Before anyone could even blink, Pinkie Pie ran op the bridge and made it to Tirek's face. She kept punching, kicking, and pounding it until he opened his eyes in anger. Pinkie Pie quickly ran back to her friends before Tirek could get back up. There was only one problem: Applejack's rope was still binding him to the bridge. Whenever he tried to tug it, it just kept on getting tighter.

"Now, Twilight!" Discord shouted. "Freeze his feet!"

"What?" Twilight asked.

"Your eyes!" Discord explained pointing at his own. "You can shoot ice beams from it."

"Oh." Twilight said. "All right." She started straight at Tirek's feet standing side-by-side. A blue beam shot straight out and soon, the feet were covered by an entire blanket of ice. She stopped when she thought of something. "Hold on! Discord, what gave you the idea of giving me ice powers?"

"This isn't the time for me explaining how I always thought you were an ice queen!" Discord shouted. "Sunset Shimmer, you can fly with wings made of fire and shoot flames out of your hands!"

"Really?" Sunset asked before materializing burning wings on her back. "Let's try it out!"

She flew up and saw Tirek resting his free hand from trying to tug the rope free. Sunset took the opportunity and shot fire at the giant, metal signpost above his wrist. In just a moment, the metal melted and solidified around his wrist. Tirek was now completely immobilized.

"Fluttershy, now!" Discord shouted. "Finish him off!"

"What?" Fluttershy asked. "How?"

"Your powers! I gave you the ability to transform into a gigantic, nearly-out-of-control rage beast! All you have to do is get angry enough to grow!"

"Why would you give me that?" Fluttershy asked. "You know I can't be that mad!"

"I just thought you needed to be more assertive a little." Discord said. "Well, I suppose I'll have to di it myself." He jumped up with pogo stick shoes and landed right on Tirek's beard. The red Goliath struggled while he saw Discord materialize a gigantic spray can labeled "SLEEPING MIST!" "Now, don't you worry. This won't hurt... me."

"NO!" Tirek shouted. "NOT LIKE THIS!"

The one thing Discord didn't expect that time was Tirek's eyes glowing. He managed to duck away before the eyes shot out two beams of unknown energy. When they stopped, Tirek was amazed and inspired. He went to the melted metal around his fist and blasted it. Soon enough, the melted metal was chipped off until Tirek would break out. Within moments, his new power helped him back up.

"Well, well, well." Tirek said. "Time for round 2."

Suddenly, Rainbow Dash stepped up and pointed her pendant. Tirek pointed his eyes. They both shot their energies and they clashed for a few moments. Soon enough, Tirek's power proved too much and his eye blast knocked Rainbow Dash back at Rarity knocking them both out.

Applejack tried to tie Tirek back up, but his eye blasts knocked the rope back at her. She was tied up in her own rope. Twilight tried to blast back, but... well, you know. She got blasted back.

Pinkie Pie tried to run towards him, but Tirek shot an opening in the ground and she tripped. Tirek saw the movie theater next to him and ripped off the marquee. He shoved the open end down and used it to pin Pinkie to the ground. She couldn't move.

Sunset Shimmer flew up and threw fireballs at him, but she couldn't even provoke him. He held out his fingers and flicked her to a nearby rooftop. He then saw Discord petrified with fear and picked him up.

"Well... this didn't work." Discord said.

"Discord," Tirek said, "You've been too much of a pain this whole trip. But now, I have the upper hand and it's all thanks to you."

"This is not good." Flash Sentry said watching from the end of the street. He then cupped his hands around his mouth. "FLUTTERSHY, YOU'VE GOT TO USE YOUR POWERS! GET ANGRY!"

"I... I can't!" Fluttershy shook."

"IF YOU DON'T, DISCORD WILL BE WASTED AND TIREK WINS!"

That sentence got her attention and she grew more and more angry with each of the following syllables: "That... big... dumb... MEANIE!"

Tirek was about to blast Discord, but he stopped when he saw Fluttershy starting to grow. Within seconds, she became a hulking, muscular beast pointing her enraged eyes toward Tirek. She jumped toward him and punched him square in the face. The force made him let go of Discord and he dropped safely down. Fluttershy jumped more forward toward Tirek and kept pounding him.

"That's my girl." Discord chuckled.

"Hey, Discord," Spike said approaching him, "What new powers did you give yourself?"

"I didn't." Discord replied. "Think about it: I can already do everything. What else can I do?"

"Good point." Spike said. "Say... do you think you can give me some changes as well?"

"Seriously?" Discord asked with a laughter. "What kind of powers could I give to a dog?! Hey, if I just give you a cape and some boots, we can call you Hum Drum!"

"That's not what I meant!" Spike said. "What I mean is..."

They were interrupted by Tirek's roar and the blast that hit Fluttershy back and fallen down the road. She shrunk back to her normal size unconscious. Discord's hair stood in fear when Tirek stood back up.

"Well, that's it, Discord." Tirek said. "You brought your best, and you still couldn't defeat me. Now, you will..."

"You know..." a familiar voice cried out. Discord and Tirek looked between them and saw Starlight Glimmer wearing a bright-purple outfit and brighter outlines on her palms. "...You talk too much."

"Starlight?" Discord asked. "I didn't see you transform. What power did I give you?"

"Unlike you choosing which powers to give the others, I chose my own." Starlight said. "Rest assured, this is the real power you need. Call me... the Purifier!"

"Did she just say, the Pacifier?" Spike asked.

"Whatever you call yourself, you won't stop me." Tirek said. His eyes started to glow and, like everyone expected, they blasted towards Starlight.

Discord expected her to dodge, but Starlight didn't budge an inch. She held out her hands when the blast hit... and they stopped there. Tirek was confused, but he got even more confused when he realized something.

"What's going on?! I can't stop!"

Everyone got back up and saw Tirek starting to shrink. Within a few minutes. Tirek returned to his original size and his eyes started to dim. He collapsed to the ground and breathed heavily.

"That... was... radical!" Rainbow Dash commented.

"I've never seen anything like it my whole life!" Applejack said. "What happened?"

"I've given myself the power to erase one's powers." Starlight said. "I figured, if you all failed to beat him at his own game, I'd use a different approach."

"Oh, yeah!" Discord cheered. He stopped his celebration when he thought of something bad for him. "Oh, I get it. Now, you're going to use that on me, huh? *sigh* Give it to me."

"Actually..." Starlight said surprising everyone, "I thought you'd just use your powers to remove our powers."

"What?" Discord asked in shock. "But... don't you want me out of the way?"

"Yes, I did." Starlight said. "But if this past week has taught me anything, it's that there is such a thing as too much harmony. That is why, starting on the next school day, I'll begin fixing what's wrong and putting everything where is belongs."

"Really?" Sunset Shimmer asked. "Wow, that's really mature of you. Maybe things are going right after all."

"Uh, oh. Look out." Discord said seeing Tirek getting back up and running away. "Looks like someone's trying to make a quick getaway."

Tirek tried to run down the road, but once he got to a fork in the road, he stopped when he saw Fluttershy waiting for him. She was holding up a sign with arrows pointing at the two different directions. The arrow pointing left had the word "Yes" above it. The arrow pointing right had "No".

"Question 1," Fluttershy said, "I first met the Equestrian Twilight Sparkle when she stood up for me against Adagio Dazzle. Yes or no?"

"No!" Tirek shouted running to the right. He continued running until he saw Sunset Shimmer waiting for him with a sign similar to Fluttershy's.

"Question 2: everyone saw the good side of me at the final night of the Battle of the Bands."

"Yes!" Tirek said gown down the left. He stopped when Flash Sentry stood between another fork with the same sign.

"Question 3: my band is about to go on tour."

"No way, Jose!" Tirek shouted running to his right. As he expected, he saw another kid with a sign. Discord stood there, but his sign was slightly different; instead of the words "yes" and "no", the left side had Tirek's face and the right had Discord's.

"One last question, beardy." Discord said. "Get this right and you're free as a bird. SO think hard and carefully."

"Nonsense!" Tirek replied. "With my educational background, I'll easily outsmart you."

"Final question," Discord said, "Who's the coolest guy around; me or you?"

"WHAT A RIDICULOUS QUESTION!" Tirek shouted. "IT'S ME, OF COURSE!" He ran to the left.

Tirek was confident, but it was short-lived. He tripped down a steep hill and landed on a wooden plank above a mud puddle. He tried to keep his balance, even when he saw Starlight at the dry ground in front of the plank.

"Okay!" Tirek said. "Maybe I shouldn't have betrayed you. Come on, Starlight! Help me out! I'll give you the equality you want!"

"Fool me once, shame on you." Starlight said before growing a mad face. "But fool me twice..." She kicked the plank away making Tirek fall into the mud. "No way!"

"Good work, Starlight." Discord congratulated.

"That should keep him down until the police get here." Twilight said.

Author's Note:

One last chapter.