• Published 22nd May 2015
  • 1,149 Views, 46 Comments

Equestria Discord 2: Springtime with Discord - Epicdiscord214



Remember Discord's struggles with being class president? Well, now, he's up for a life-threatening battle.

  • ...
6
 46
 1,149

Burying the Hatchet... Kinda

Discord had gotten more discontent with the day. Whenever he even heard the mention of Twilight and Starlight's names, his teeth gritted against each other. It didn't help when his six friends approached him in front of the rubber slides asking questions.

"Was Twilight anything like the one we knew?" Pinkie Pie asked. "Did she always wear glasses? Has she ever visited Canterlot? How long did you know her?"

"Stop asking about her!" Discord growled. "That's in the past."

"Can I ask a question?" Sunset asked. "Why didn't you mention Twilight if she got you kicked out?"

"I happen to get a dozen of other kids mad enough to have me expelled." Discord said. "Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to continue with my inspection and try to enjoy this Field Day while it lasts. And I still need to avoid Twilight Sparkle and Starlight Glimmer."

"Okay, Starlight, I understand," Rainbow Dash said, "But you've got to befriend Twilight. After all, we did."

"To be honest, I don't see much of a difference between the two." Discord said. "They're both perfectionists, I messed with the both of them, and they both ratted me out when I misbehaved. If I avoid one of them, I'm avoiding the other."

"You can't honestly compare them." Sunset Shimmer said. "Discord, Twilight's nothing like Starlight. And we should know; we met her."

"You met the Equestrian her." Discord corrected. "Think about it. What if this Twilight is entirely different from the one you met? Sunset, you told that I had an Equestrian counterpart who was evil. And yet, I am good and have learned my mistakes. What do you think of that?"

"Look, I don't have all the details yet. Discord, you're barely even giving her a chance. Look, what if one of us talked to her and try to settle an apology between the two of you."

Discord scoffed at the idea. "...Fine. I guess I can give it a shot."

"I wanna do it! I wanna do it!" Pinkie Pie cheered. "I wanna talk to her!"

"I don't think so, Pinkie." Sunset said. "I think she should hear it from someone who can better relate to her..."

"Too late." Applejack interrupted. "Pinkie done disappeared when you blinked."

Sunset looked around and couldn't find any trace of her pink-haired party-girl. "How can one high-strung girl disappear so fast without any trace?"

Inside the school building, Starlight had just moved to the main power room. Once she closed the door behind her and faced a large panel at the side of the wall, the screen next to her lit up and Devastator glared at her suspiciously.

"Hello, Starlight Glimmer." Devastator said.

"Oh, it's you." Starlight chuckled awkwardly. "Didn't we meet on some bad terms?"

"You threw me off a rooftop!" Devastator shouted. "Anyway, what are you doing in the main power room?"

"I was just exploring my old school. I am back in, after all, and I want to make sure everything's the same as I left it."

"Well, it's not." Devastator said. "That panel there displays my network connection to this school. Ricky and the other guys built it."

"You don't say." Starlight said approaching the panel. "Speaking of, where is the Computer Club?"

"Oh, them?" Devastator asked. "They're off on a field trip and won't be back for a couple more days."

"What a coincidence." Starlight Glimmer reached into her pocket and pulled out a black, square, mechanical patch. "This little gizmo lasts almost that long."

"What's that?" Devastator asked.

Before Starlight could answer, she spun around and slapped the patch onto the side of the consol. Suddenly, the lights on the panel began to diminish. Devastator yawned as his screen began to darken.

"It's an EMP patch." Starlight said. "It shuts of any electronic device it's attached to as well as the network it powers for a while. Just a little something my new partner cooked up. And with the Computer Club away and everyone leaving for Spring Break after this day, no one will even notice until I get what I came for."

"You... won't..." Devastator said slowly before his screen blacked out.

"Oh, don't worry." Starlight said. "You'll come back in a day or two. That's just enough time for me to complete my job. We just don't want you to warn anyone of who I'm working for. Believe me, I do wish there was another way to achieve my goals, but you all forced my hand. I'm merely doing this for your own good. You should be thanking me."

Starlight opened the door behind her and walked away with a half-grin on her face.

Ten minutes later, while all the rides started to deflate, Discord and the girls waited near the exit. The chaotic teen looked at his wacky watch and sighed heavily. He didn't get any happier when he saw Pinkie heading his way with Twilight following.

"Pinkie, you actually brought her?" Rarity asked.

"She kept singing a random song." Twilight said. "Couldn't stop until I agreed."

"All right, Twilight." Discord sighed. "You first."

"What about me?" Twilight asked.

"You apologize, and then, I will."

"No way. You apologize first."

"Please." Discord scoffed. "What kind of fool do you take me for?"

"What are my options?" Twilight returned.

"Hey, you two!" Pinkie Pie shouted. "Apologize now! At the same time!"

Discord and Twilight looked at each other and groaned. "I'm sorry." they said simultaneously.

"Good." Pinkie Pie said wrapping her arms around Twilight and Discord. "Now that we're all friends, we can ride roller-coasters, climb mountains, find buried treasure..."

"Well, as memorable as they sound," Discord said phasing out of Pinkie's arm, "There really is no need. Just because Twilight and I are burying the hatchet, it doesn't mean we're making friendship bracelets."

"Aaawwwwwww." Pinkie Pie said.

"Well, if there's nothing else, I'll be on my way." Twilight said. "As I heard, we all have Spring Break."

Twilight and Discord walked in different directions. Spike stuck out his tongue and blew a raspberry at Discord. Discord snapped his fingers and Spike's tongue twisted into a knot. The dog ran back to Twilight who scoffed at the class president. Twilight had her eyes closed, so she didn't see Flash Sentry until she bumped into him. Twilight was about to fall, but Flash caught her and set her up straight. Twilight blushed a little at him.

"Sorry about that." Flash said. "Although, this does bring back a few memories. By the way, I'm Flash, Flash Sentry."

"Twilight Sparkle."

"Yeah, I know who you are. I knew the pony you when she visited."

"Oh, anything happen?"

"Not too much."

As Twilight, Flash, and Spike walked away talking, the other girls walked out of the stadium, said "see ya" to each other, and walked in separate directions. Pinkie Pie hopped in her direction until a black car parked in front of her in the curb. She stopped and stared at it. The backseat window opened and Starlight was sitting inside of it.

"Hello, Pinkie Pie."

"Starlight? Nice car."

"Oh, this isn't mine." Starlight chuckled. "A friend of mine is picking me up from school."

"Someone's willing to be a friend for you?" Pinkie Pie asked confusingly. "I gotta meet him."

"What a coincidence." Starlight said. "He wants to see you too. Maybe you can hop in and we can go by his house to meet him."

"I don't know." Pinkie Pie said.

"Did I mention I have something extraordinary that you have to see?"

Starlight blinked her eyes, but after, she didn't see Pinkie Pie outside. She turned to the seat next to her and Pinkie Pie was excited as a squirrel on caffeine.

"I wanna see it!" Pinkie Pie cheered. "I wanna see it!"

"Whoa, you're fast." Starlight said. She then pulled out a black briefcase. She opened it up toward Pinkie, who stared at it astonishingly.

"Nice." she complimented. "You know, that looks exactly like..."

Quick as a flash, Starlight revealed a handful of dust and blew it at Pinkie. She rubbed her eyes and yawned. She fell back at the upholstery and slumbered soundly.

"Finally." Starlight said. "She was getting very annoying."

"Don't talk to me about annoying." a voice called from inside the briefcase. "Discord started being annoying since before I came to life."

Starlight reached into the briefcase and pulled out a small, handheld mirror. On the reflective surface, instead of Starlight's reflection, there was the living reflection of Discord.

"Remind me again," Starlight said, "How did Tirek find you?"

"It's like this." the Reflection said. "I was the one who revealed to you that Discord hypnotized your principal. After you got him expelled for it, he blamed me and threw me in the trash locking me in this cramped mirror. I rode all the way to the dump where I was found by an old hermit who tried to sell me with a lot of worthless junk. Thankfully, our mutual benefactor found me and bought me for $1.99."

"I just hope you're not as irksome as the real Discord is." Starlight said. "He is too uncontrollable for his own good."

"But that's why I'm here." the Reflection continued. "I'm the only one who knows how Discord thinks and what he's capable of doing. I'm the only one who can predict the unpredictable. Now, let's take this girl to Tirek for his plan."

"All right then." Starlight said. She looked at the sleeping Pinkie Pie and grinned. "One down. Five to go. And once Tirek shows the town what we can do, they'll all be treating each other finally as equals."

Author's Note:

Well, now, you know what Starlight saw that made her join Tirek. And she captured Pinkie Pie and is gunning for the others. What now?