• Published 26th Apr 2015
  • 1,541 Views, 12 Comments

Ponies of the Storm - generalsnaz



The Nexus sends heroes and villians from Blizzard's greatest franchises, Warcraft, StarCraft and Diablo, into Equestria! Now, the Mane 6 (minus 1) must battle for dominance of the Nexus in order to save their home and their friends!

  • ...
0
 12
 1,541

Round Two Begins

---A HERO HAS BEEN SLAIN!--- the announcer's voice boomed out.

"Uh-oh," Twilight said uncomfortably as she sat waiting in her glass prison.

---DOUBLE KILL!!---

---TRIPLE KILL!!!---

---QUADRUPLE KILL!!!!---

---QUINTUPLE KILL!!!!! TEAM DOMINATED!---

"Oh..." Twilight sat dumbstruck as the deaths were rattled off in quick succession. She peered down at the Hall of Storms impatiently. Moments later, five lighting bolts struck in the hall, and her five friends revived. They lay clumped in a pile, moaning and groaning.

"Girls!" Twilight shouted anxiously.

"Ooohhh... Hey, Twilight," Rainbow muttered.

"Y'all bite the big one, too?" Applejack asked as she rolled off the pile of ponies.

"I didn't get to bite anything," Pinkie complained. "The MMMM vanished before I could eat it..."

"The MMMM?" Fluttershy asked with confusion.

"Pinkie, I believe Applejack was just using an expression," Rarity corrected. "It means-"

"WE DIED! It means we all died!" Rainbow interjected, regaining her aggressive composure.

"What happened?" Twilight asked, switching to whispers.

"Well, for one thing," Applejack replied, "it sure ain't other ponies we're fightin' out there, at least not where I was."

"You're tellin' me!" Rainbow added. "Me and Fluttershy had to fight this invincible bug guy! It was totally unfair!"

"But you were so happy about it at first..." Fluttershy pointed out.

"Sssshhhh!!! Don't tell them that!" Rainbow shushed her.

"She kinda already did," Twilight said as she rolled her eyes. "What do you mean by invincible? Were you able to do anything? Did you try your abilities? ...You went in without Fluttershy to support you, didn't you?"

"Well, yeah," Rainbow admitted. Applejack, Rarity and her all walked up to the Core. "I was able to hurt him a little by myself, but that weird lady teamed up with him and it was just too much! For ME! And I'm AWESOME!"

"Of course it was too much!" Twilight scolded. "I told you, you're the same as they are in here! You can't fight two of them by yourself at the same time!"

Rainbow plopped down, crossed her hooves and pouted. Three new groups of minions spawned next to her. She watched them as they marched away, unaware of the three ponies standing there by the Core.

"Not only that, but you can't just sit there and let 'em hit you," Applejack added. "It hurts real bad, real fast. Found that out the hard way..."

"Pinkie and I were able to escape briefly and heal at this darling little well," Rarity offered. "After that, we combined our powers on... that horrible lady... and almost defeated her."

"Good job, Rarity! That's all important information," Twilight pointed out. She thought contemplatively for a moment. "Alright girls, I need you to all describe everything that happened, and we'll formulate a strategy."

"Aren't we in a hurry?" Applejack asked, pointing in the direction of the battlefield. "They're gonna win if we just sit here!"

"I know, I know!" Twilight said as she rubbed her head in frustration. "But if you rush out there again without any clue what to do, you'll just die again! I can't help you fight from up here, but maybe I can help you figure out the WAY to fight."

The ponies described their battles as best they could: their opponents, their abilities, the game mechanics. Twilight took mental notes of every detail.

"Okay. I think... I think I got it... and I think I know what to do," Twilight said after much concentration, though she still looked worried. "Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity. I'm counting on you to keep me informed through whispers, and I'll respond with a strategy. Can you do that?"

The three ponies nodded.

"I'll also need you to relay instructions to Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie. I don't... I don't know if I can juggle all five of you at once," Twilight confessed.

"We understand you're doing your best, Twilight," Rarity said with comfort.

"Okay girls, I know it's a lot to ask of you, but-" Twilight started to say.

"You don't have to say it, Twilight," Applejack interrupted. "We're gettin' back out there." She turned to her friends. "Y'all ready for round two?"

"Yeah, I am!" Rainbow responded. "That Anuba-boobi guy is about to get a taste of the Rainbow!"

"Here, here!" Rarity cheered. "We will expel these misbegotten interlopers, poste haste!"

"Uh-huh. Whatever that means," Rainbow added. "Let's go Fluttershy! ...Fluttershy?"

"Apples to bits! Where'd she go?" Applejack asked as she looked around.

"And where's Pinkie?" Rarity realized.

"We're back here," Pinkie answered from afar. She and Fluttershy sat hugging each other back at the Hall of Storms.

"Sweetness, what are you doing back there?" Rarity called out.

"Me and Fluttershy have been traumatized," Pinkie said bluntly. "Big time." Fluttershy nodded in agreement.

"Ugh," Rainbow face-palmed.

* * * * *

Rainbow and Fluttershy traveled back down their lane together, trying to catch up to a new wave of minions that marched on without them.

"You're Fluttershy!" Rainbow coached.

"...I'm Fluttershy..." Fluttershy responded, wavering.

"Strong and proud! Loved by the creatures of the forest!" Rainbow continued.

"...Strong... and... proud... Loved... by the creatures of the forest..."

"And they're counting on you!"

"They're counting on... me? They're counting on me!" Fluttershy realized. "You're right Rainbow Dash! I can do this!"

"And I'll be there to save the day if you mess up!" Rainbow said with a wink.

"I won't!" Fluttershy said with uncharacteristic confidence.

"Awesome! 'Cause this time, we'll work together!"

"Oh! Really...?" Fluttershy asked, confused.

"Turns out, I kinda need you," Rainbow said with a grin.

Fluttershy blushed.

The two of them passed the final gate just as the blue and red minions collided in combat ahead of them. The massive Anub'arak started to cut down some of them, while Tyrande fired at them from afar.

"Wait a sec, Fluttershy," Rainbow said as she halted Fluttershy. She stared at her enemies for moment as she transmitted information to Twilight.

"Okay, Fluttershy, put those bird shields on me and go distract Anubby!" Rainbow commanded suddenly, via a whisper.

"Huh!? Me!?" Fluttershy asked in a panic, dropping her confidence briefly.

"Just get his attention, run away if you have to, just don't use any other abilities yet!"

"...O-okay. I think I can run at least..."

"Good! Let's go!"

"BIRDY SHIELD!" Fluttershy cast the ability as the two split; Fluttershy headed towards the right and Anub'arak while Rainbow attacked from the left, towards Tyrande.

"O-over here, you- you oversized Coleoptera!" Fluttershy shouted at Anub'arak, fear still in her voice.

"What was that!?" Anub'arak turned his attention angrily towards the shivering Fluttershy.

"I-I'm calling you a- a big fat bug!!! Although, I normally like bugs, but- but you're just a big nasty one!" Fluttershy taunted.

"Do not compare the mighty Nerubians to mere insects! I will show you who is the lesser being here! RRRAAAAUUUGGGH! IMPALE!" Anub'arak slammed his mighty claws to the earth and the spikes came to the surface, heading straight towards Fluttershy.

"Eek!" Fluttershy squealed as she dodged to the side successfully, barely missing the attack. Anub'arak began to chase her and she frantically ran to get away.

At the same time, Rainbow approached Tyrande. The elf noticed her immediately, and switched targets to assault the incoming pony with magical arrows.

"You have returned," Tyrande pointed out plainly. "Good. Never waver in the face of your enemy."

"Believe me, I won't," Rainbow responded as the arrows knocked off the two birds protecting her by the time she was within striking distance. Rainbow immediately began to attack Tyrande with her basic attacks. The elf wasn't phased and returned fire with her magical bow.

"Tell me," Tyrande asked as they exchanged blows, "why do you strike me? Surely the Traitor King is a more dangerous opponent?"

"Maybe," Rainbow replied, grimacing as the arrows struck her, "but you can heal. Twilight says that means you're like Fluttershy. You're Support!"

Tyrande's eyes widened.

"Which means-" Rainbow continued, "you don't have much health!"

"Very good. LIGHT OF ELUNE!" Tyrande cast the ability on herself, healing her health slightly.

"Not enough, lady! I'm an Assassin! Which means, I do waaaay more damage than you!" Rainbow announced triumphantly.

"Hhhhnn!!!" Tyrande recoiled, as Rainbow's unrelenting attacks drew her closer to death. "Then let me show you it is not only the strength of your will, but the wisdom of your strategy that triumphs in battle. LUNAR FLARE!" she shouted as she launched a powerful arrow skyward.

"DASH!" Rainbow called out in response. She bolted forward and knocked Tyrande to the side dealing a good amount of damage. Tyrande's arrow fell where Rainbow had just been, missing her completely. "And Twilight figured out how to avoid that move of yours," Rainbow said grinning. Tyrande got up wearily.

"It seems you have bested me, this time," Tyrande acknowledged, her health nearly gone.

"Thanks for the tips," Rainbow said. "They'll come in handy when me and my friends win this game."

"Hmm," Tyrande hummed slightly, closing her eyes. "Then when I return, I will treat you as an equal, and the mettle of you and your allies will truly be tested. Prepare yourself for that moment, young sentinel." She smiled slightly as Rainbow attacked, which was enough to finish her off. After her death, the grand night elf priestess vanished, at least for the moment.

"YEEESSS!!! Fluttershy! I got her!" Rainbow whispered excitedly at their first kill of the game.

"HEEEELLLP MEEEEE!!!" Fluttershy replied as she frantically ran from Anub'arak.

"Oh, right! Coming! And I'll need a heal!" Rainbow replied, heading for her friend. "DIVE BOMB!" She cried out. Her body launched into the air at the command and crashed down into Anub'arak, stopping him in his tracks.

Fluttershy used the opportunity to scurry away, but not before calling out "FLUTTERHEAL!" healing a portion of Rainbow's health.

"Suck that, Anuba'dork! You're all alone now!" Rainbow taunted down at Anub'arak. "And you know what? I take back what I said earlier, she was a lot cooler than you!"

"Useless elf!" Anub'arak responded, venom dripping off his words, as he rose from the ground. He took a mighty swing at Rainbow and the two exchanged blows. Rainbow was already wounded and the furry of attacks threatened her life. "HARDEN CARAPACE!" Anub'arak's mighty chitin became sturdier at his command.

"Oh, Twilight says that's my cue to bail!" Rainbow said as she suddenly turned from Anub'arak and rushed away.

"What!?" Anub'arak cried out in frustration. "Raaaauuugggghh!!! Miserable creature!" He began to chase Rainbow, but was unable to catch up.

"Just a couple more seconds..." Rainbow said to herself as she mentally pictured her ability cooldowns in her head.

"IMPALE!" Anub'arak called out from behind her, slamming the ground with his forelimbs.

Rainbow turned to see the wretched spikes rip apart the earth as they rapidly approached her.

"Come on! Come on! ...Now! DASH!" Rainbow's ability rushed her forward a moment before the spikes would have made contact. She abruptly arrived next to Fluttershy, who was waiting for her with shaking hooves.

"BURROW CHARGE!" Anub'arak called out with rage as he dove underground. The earth rumbled as he closed the distance to Rainbow with incredible speed,

"B-BIRDY SHIELD!" Fluttershy cast through shivering teeth.

"Nice thinking, Fluttershy!" Rainbow complimented as the two birds appeared to shield her. Anub'arak erupted from the earth in a move that would have struck Rainbow, but one of the birds absorbed the attack.

"AAAAHHHH!!! AAAAHHHH!!!" Fluttershy screamed as the massive Anub'arak stood before her and Rainbow. "FLUTTERHEAL! FLUTTERHEAL! FLUTTERHEAL!" She shouted trying to heal Rainbow multiple times, though it was still on cooldown.

"Looks like your stupid armor's worn off!" Rainbow pointed out as she drew back a hoof to attack Anub'arak. His HARDEN CARAPACE ability had decayed off during the chase, essentially being wasted.

"Grrrgg!" Anub'arak grunted at being fooled. He tried to slash Rainbow, but only made contact with the bird shield. About this time, one of Fluttershy's FLUTTERHEALS finally got cast, healing up Rainbow.

"NO!" Anub'arak cried out as he realized his predicament. He was alone, injured, his abilities were on cooldown and his opponents were assaulting him, including Fluttershy who somehow managed to activate her basic attack in a panic. She sent magical butterflies at him that exploded, dealing small damage.

"Oh, yes! LIGHTNING KICK!" Rainbow replied, as she kicked a cloud to electrocute Anub'arak.

Anub'arak roared in pain and tried to retreat and Rainbow began to give chase, but her abilities were all on cooldown as well, and she could only hit her target once or twice. They drew close to Anub'arak's gate and the two dangerous red towers that were position to fire on Rainbow in defense. Rainbow came to a halt after remembering what they had done to Rarity.

"He's getting away!" Rainbow cried out in frustration.

"ANGEL BUNNY!" Fluttershy yelled out as she cast her third ability. Angel Bunny popped into existence on command and hopped onto Anub'arak. He mercilessly smacked the giant insect dealing a small amount of damage.

"WHAT IS THIS RODENT!?" Anub'arak screeched as the bunny clung to him as he passed through the gate. The cannons ignored the tiny Angel. "RAAAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!" Anub'arak roared as he headed to the healing fountain to take a drink and restore his health, but it was too late! Angel smacked him one last time before disappearing. The fatal blow was finally enough to take down the mighty Traitor King. He collapsed and vanished.

"Fluttershy! You- You did it! You did it!" Rainbow cheered in excitement as she rushed up to her.

"AAAAHHHH!!! AAAAHHHH!!! AAAAHHHH!!!" Fluttershy screamed as she flailed wildly, eyes shut, still trying to fight.

"Woah! Chill out Fluttershy! We did it! You can stop now!" Rainbow said as she tried to restrain her friend.

"I- I CAN!?!?" Fluttershy opened her eyes to see that they were alone. She stopped attacking and after a moment of pause, almost collapsed from relief. "We- we did do it, didn't we? Oh, Rainbow! I was so scared!" She hugged Rainbow and squeezed as hard as she could.

"Knew I could count on you," Rainbow said as she grinned. She didn't see Fluttershy blush a little in embarrassment. "Though, it was mostly my awesome skills that saved the day!"

Fluttershy released Rainbow from the embrace.

"Wasn't Twilight helping you, too?" Fluttershy asked.

"Oh- Right... I guess that's true," Rainbow admitted.

* * * * *

Author's Note:

Long overdue new chapter has arrived!

I decided to color all the whispers by the pony's color. I mean, whispers are usually pink in Blizz games, but it's easier to distinguish them now. Sorry if you have some weird color setting for reading and this messes you up. :ajsleepy:

HotS fan: Why don't they have talents, levels, or traits!? This isn't accurate!
Me: Shuttup! This is complicated enough as it is! Cut me some slack!

Comments ( 3 )

I was wondering where this chapter is.

Please continue this.

Please continue this. Also, when will Celestia and Luna appear?

Login or register to comment