• Published 26th Apr 2015
  • 1,540 Views, 12 Comments

Ponies of the Storm - generalsnaz



The Nexus sends heroes and villians from Blizzard's greatest franchises, Warcraft, StarCraft and Diablo, into Equestria! Now, the Mane 6 (minus 1) must battle for dominance of the Nexus in order to save their home and their friends!

  • ...
0
 12
 1,540

Rainbow Fluttershy v Tyrande Anub'arak

"Do- do we really have to do this!?" Fluttershy cried miserably as she tailed behind Rainbow.

"Yeah we do! Aren't you psyched!" Rainbow replied excitedly, practicing her punches as she hopped along with the minions. "We get to fight bad dudes from another planet! Another planet, Fluttershy! We're basically fighting aliens!"

"That... doesn't make it any better..." Fluttershy mumbled. "Actually... now that I think about it... a-aliens are s-s-scarier!"

"Just leave it to me, scaredy-pony! I'll take 'em all on!"

"I don't know... Twilight said they're just as strong as you are," Fluttershy commented, ignoring the scaredy-pony insult.

"Hah! Twilight's full of baloney sometimes!" Rainbow scoffed as she wrapped her hoof around Fluttershy. "I got this! You'll see!"

"Oh, okay," Fluttershy said with little confidence. "Oh, gosh! We're here already!? Oh no!" Fluttershy jumped over to some tall grass nearby in a panic after the two of them stepped out into an open area. Rainbow looked out at the daunting enemy fortifications with enthusiasm.

"Alright, let's bring it! Let's show these space ponies who's boss! You with me, Fluttershy?" After there was no response, Rainbow looked around. "Fluttershy?" She spotted her jittery friend crouching in the grass. "You know, I said I'd take them myself, but it wouldn't hurt to have you there cheering me on!" she said with annoyance.

"A-actually, I think I can cheer you on just fine from right here," Fluttershy cried, covering her face.

"What is this!?" a massive voice bellowed out.

"No!" Fluttershy squealed as terror shot through her at the sound.

Rainbow turned to face the voice with confidence, but her jaw dropped when she saw the source. A massive mantis-like insect walked past the red gate, towering over the minions beside him. He strode upon four legs and held up two more, a pair of predatory forelegs, spiked and ready to shred enemies. The giant wings on his back fluttered occasionally, as if impatient with the world. Sullied and frayed cloth wraps held the ancient, decadent purple armor, highlighted with gold, to his massive body and appendages. The armor also encompassed the deadly horn that sat upon his head. He had eight eyes that glowed with some unholy energy that also leaked out his mouth. He reeked of death. This monster was dangerous.

"What is this miserable little creature before me!?" Anub'arak bemoaned. His voice was cold and wobbly. His many eyes focused hungrily on Rainbow. "The Nexus calls this to battle me? Hahahaha! I've devoured Tuskarr more imposing than you!"

"I- I- I-" Rainbow stuttered as Anub'arak crept closer.

"Oh...my..." Fluttershy quivered in horror. Her teeth couldn't stop chattering as she watched the monster.

"You- you- you-" Rainbow continued to stutter. "You're... SO AWESOME LOOKING!"

Anub'arak stopped in his tracks at the unexpected outburst.

"Wha-?" he attempted to say.

"I get to fight you!? This'll be EPIC!" Rainbow hollered excitedly. "Rainbow Dash... versus... the Giant Alien Bug Guy! Haha! They'll have to write books about this! Omigosh! Maybe they can get A.K. Yearling to write it! Then make it into a movie!"

"Hmmm," Anub'arak grumbled.

"Hey, big guy!" Rainbow shouted as she pointed defiantly at him. "Let's get this started! I'm gonna kick your flank!"

"HAHAHAHA!" Anub'arak bellowed, his laughter shook Fluttershy's insides, sickening her. "Amusing! Perhaps I will toy with your flesh a little before crushing you!"

"You lack the honor of a true warrior, Anub'arak," a cool, mature female voice spoke behind him. A tall, purple-skinned woman stepped out from behind the red gate. Long, pointed ears emerged from behind the blue-green shroud of her hair. She wore polished, intricate silver armor that alluded to an illustrious, ancient culture that crafted it. Sapphire gems as deep as the night sky adored the armor. A piece of crescent moon shaped jewelry lay peacefully on her forehead. She held a silver bow shaped in the motif of feathers; a bowstring of magic connected the bow tips. Her face was serious and contemplative, showing the weariness of a thousand lifetimes of responsibility, but also the competence and skill of a honed champion.

"Hmmm?" Anub'arak turned to Tyrande as she walked past him. She put her hand to her hip as she stopped.

"You would do well to learn respect for your opponent, especially a strong willed female such as her. Perhaps then you could restore some of your lost dignity, Traitor King," Tyrande smiled, as if amused by the concept.

"Do not lecture me, Priestess!" Anub'arak hissed, his jagged mouth dangerously close to Tyrande's head. She didn't bother to look at him. "If we were not bound by the laws of the Nexus, I would crush you where you stand!"

"An interesting proposition. I would enjoy watching you try," Tyrande smiled.

"RRRAAAAUUUGGGGHHH!" Anub'arak bellowed, finally turning away from Tyrande. "Must I be allied to such a feeble elf!?"

This time Tyrande didn't respond, instead she looked Rainbow over who was watching the bickering with confusion.

"Ishnu-alah, hero," Tyrande spoke in her foreign tongue. "Greetings, I am Tyrande Whisperwind, High Priestess of Elune, leader of the kaldorei."

"Oh, hey," Rainbow said with even more confusion. She stared at Tyrande for a moment before saying, "You know, you're not nearly as awesome looking at that guy."

"I like her bow," Fluttershy said to herself from the tall grass.

Tyrande paused briefly before laughing a little.

"You certainly are odd, young one. Are you alone?"

"Alone? No, Fluttershy's here. Can't you see her?" Rainbow asked bluntly.

"Rainbow! What are you doing!?" Fluttershy whispered her frantically.

Tyrande looked down the lane, ignoring the first wave of minions who were almost done battling amongst themselves. Upon finding nothing of interest, she returned her gaze to Rainbow.

"Hello!? She's right there!" Rainbow angrily pointed to Fluttershy who was, to her, sticking out like a sore thumb.

"I see," Tyrande smiled coyly. "Hiding in the shadows of the grass?" She held up her arm and a magical neon owl appeared to perch on it. "SENTINEL!" Tyrande shouted as she cast the bird towards the grass. The owl flew like an arrow towards Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy!" Rainbow cried in a panic, not realizing this was all her fault.

The magical bird passed through the grass, just barely missing Fluttershy by an inch. As it hit the grass, the area lit up and the foliage became clear, easily seen-through, and the owl flew off into the distance. "There you are," Tyrande smiled. Fluttershy became revealed to her.

"I-I-I-" Fluttershy shivered with uncontrollable fear as both Tyrande and Anub'arak stared at her.

"Another one!" Anub'arak said excitedly. "This world is riddled with these cretins! I shall enjoy devouring them all!"

"Okay, that's it! Enough talk outta all of you!" Rainbow shouted with anger. "I'm taking you out before you lay one grimy claw on Fluttershy!"

"Ha! Come, face me, weakling!" Anub'arak challenged.

"Oh, I will!" Rainbow yelled as she ran towards him. "Check this move out! DIVE BOMB!" With those words, Rainbow bolted up into the sky. Her body moved as the ability commanded and she came diving down onto Anub'arak. She collided with the beast, smashing him to the earth.

"Ugggh!" Anub'arak moaned from the damage.

"All right!" Rainbow cheered. "Hey! Ow!" A stinging magic arrow hit Rainbow from the side.

"Do not put yourself so easily within your enemies reach!" Tyrande called as she drew back her bow and created another magical arrow. Despite her advice, she continued to fire on Rainbow Dash.

"RRAAUUGGHH!!" Anub'arak recovered from the attack and swiped at Rainbow. He made contact and she recoiled from the damage.

"Ugh! My health!" Rainbow cried, noticing how she could feel her health bar shrinking. "Well, two can play at that game!"

She started kicking and punching Anub'arak as the massive insect swiped at her. They exchanged blows, knocking off chunks of each other's health. But Rainbow was losing quickly, Tyrande was still bombarding her with arrows.

"Rainbow!!!" Fluttershy cried out.

"MUHAHAHAHA!" Anub'arak laughed maniacally, like a madman. "Your end is near, puny one!"

"Shoot!" Rainbow grimaced at the pain. Her health was nearly gone. "Gotta get outta here!" She turned and called "DASH!" The ability's power forced her wings to flap wildly. She flew, close to the ground, away from Anub'arak, straight into the remaining pile of minions. She knocked the little red beings aside, finishing them all off.

"Good!" Tyrande called. "Use your powers to get out of harm's way! LIGHT OF ELUNE!" She cast the ability, begrudgingly, healing a little of Anub'arak's lost health.

"It is useless, elf!" Anub'arak taunted. "Even with your words, these creatures are no match for the might of the Frozen Throne!"

"Guuggh!" Rainbow moaned. "He's right, I'm almost finished! Fluttershy! Twilight said you could support me! I- I think I need help!" Rainbow said that last bit with a great deal of embarrassment.

"Oh! Oh! Rainbow needs me! ...O-okay!" Fluttershy stepped out from the grass slowly. Despite her little bit of courage, she still cried wildly.

"You got an ability or something!?" Rainbow asked, running up to Fluttershy.

"Hold on... I think... I think this one... FLUTTERHEAL!" She cast the ability and butterflies swarmed around Rainbow at the words. They soothed the wounds on her and a portion of her health was restored.

"Aw yeah! That's what I'm talking about!" Rainbow exclaimed. "Back in the game!" She turned to face Anub'arak, who was closing in on them. "Got any others!? I'll need everything you got to take this guy on!"

"Um, how about... BIRDY SHIELD!" With this ability, two colorful birds appeared and started to loop around Rainbow.

"Hey, what do these guys do?" Rainbow asked quizzically.

"Too slow, fools!" Anub'arak shouted as he cast an ability. "IMPALE!" He slammed the ground with his forearms and caused ancient spikes to burst forth from the earth. They came up, one after another, in a line, heading straight for Rainbow and Fluttershy.

"So awesome!" Rainbow commented before the spikes collided with her. "Gugh!" She got knocked up into the air and fell down to the dirt, but felt no pain. "Huh?" she muttered as she dusted herself off. "My health wasn't affected!" she noticed. She watched as one of the birds fell down and evaporated, leaving just one behind. "Hey Fluttershy, I think your bird friends took the blow-" Rainbow stopped short when she saw Fluttershy laying in the dirt quivering.

"O-ow..." Fluttershy moaned, having been hit by a spike as well. "That's terrible..." she managed to say. "I don't want any poor little birdies to get hurt..."

"Hey! You hit Fluttershy!" Rainbow accused Anub'arak who was now upon them.

"MUHAHAHAHA!"

"That's it! I'm taking you down! LIGHTNING KICK!" Rainbow pulled out a cloud out of nowhere and kicked it with her hind legs. This caused a bolt of lighting to come out, heading directly towards Anub'arak.

"HARDEN CARAPACE!" Anub'arak shouted as the bolt of lighting struck him. His shell hardened and absorbed the attack. "No effect, little fool!" He taunted as the lighting faded away, having dealt almost no damage.

"What the-!" Rainbow backed up. "I've thrown everything I've got at you, but you're still standing! How can I beat that!?"

"I'll tell you," Anub'arak said as he swiped, knocking the last bird away from Rainbow, "You can't! Death awaits you!"

"No! Fluttershy, come on! We gotta get out of here!" Rainbow yelled in a panic as she tried to run away.

"There is no escape from the cold embrace of the Scourge!" Anub'arak laughed maniacally as he watched Rainbow run. Once she had got a certain distance, he smiled darkly. "This will finish you, BURROW CHARGE!" Anub'arak burrowed into the dirt faster than physically possible. His horn looked like a shark fin, sticking above the earth, as he moved effortlessly through the ground. He approached Rainbow and emerged, striking the pony down with his power. Rainbow fell. She evaporated and vanished.

"RAINBOW! NO!!!" Fluttershy cried out in horror as her friend disappeared. She began to cry miserably as footsteps approached her. She turned up to face Tyrande standing over her. "Why are you doing this!? You had such a pretty owl! You seemed like a nice lady! Why are you helping him!?" Fluttershy blubbered.

"I am sorry, my child," Tyrande sighed as she closed her eyes. "The choice is not my own." She drew up her bow and pointed it to the sky. "LUNAR FLARE," she said softly, launching a powerful arrow up into the sky. Fluttershy didn't look up to see the arrow come straight down on her, finishing her.

* * * * *

Author's Note:

Fun fact: Tyrande and Anub'arak are my favorite heroes to play in Heroes of the Storm! I actually got them both to Level 10 and unlocked their Master Skins!

Pretty boss.

Pictures belong to Luke Mancini