• Published 26th Apr 2015
  • 1,535 Views, 12 Comments

Ponies of the Storm - generalsnaz



The Nexus sends heroes and villians from Blizzard's greatest franchises, Warcraft, StarCraft and Diablo, into Equestria! Now, the Mane 6 (minus 1) must battle for dominance of the Nexus in order to save their home and their friends!

  • ...
0
 12
 1,535

Pinkie Rarity v Diablo Zagara

"Well, I must say, Ponyville's décor has actually improved a bit, strictly speaking from a design perspective, of course," Rarity said to herself as she looked out at the houses on the sidelines that had been morphed to fit the arena. They actually fit together nicely, creating a well organized pattern.

"I don't like it!" Pinkie said grumpily. "Look at all the sad ponies!" She pointed to the spectators, trapped behind their invisible cages. "No place that makes ponies look so sad is any good!"

"Oh-! Yes, of course, Pinkie! That's why I said only from a design perspective!" Rarity asserted as Pinkie looked accusingly at her.

"Great!" Pinkie cheered, returning to normal. "So let's bonk, beat, bash, blast the bad badder bad guys and put everything back! Twilight said that'd fix everything, right? I wasn't really listening, I was just so excited about these little guys!" she picked up one of the blue-clad minions that they were walking along with. It simply frowned.

"Why yes, Pinkie," Rarity responded. "Let us play this silly little game and return everything back to normal." She continued to look around as the two of them passed through the last gate. "My- my BOUTIQUE!!!" she cried as she saw her home in the distance.

"Oooo! ...It looks kinda different," Pinkie pointed out.

"It- it- it's been warped! Misshapen! What has happened to all my things! My collections! My fall line-up! Sweet Celestia, Opalescence was in there!!!"

Rarity ran towards her boutique frantically.

"Hold on, Opal! Momma's com-!" Rarity tried to jump over a fence, but splattered against an invisible wall above it, ending her desperate cries for her cat. She fell miserably to the cobblestone.

"Oh, wow! Neat!" Pinkie said as she skipped over to Rarity and started pressing against the invisible wall with her hoof.

"Oooh, my head..." Rarity moaned as she got up. "This Nexus place certainly has made a mess of things!" She touched the invisible wall. "Oh, poor Opal..."

"Hey Rarity, check it out!" Pinkie shouted. Rarity looked up to see Pinkie wearing large suction cups on her hooves as she scaled the invisible wall. "I'm walking on air! Heeheehaahaa!!!"

"Pinkie! Good heavens, come down from there before you fall!"

"It just keeps going!" Pinkie hollered as she continued to climb.

"INFESTED DROP!"

"Hey what's that?" Pinkie asked as a strange, dark fleshy pod with flailing tentacles appeared before her and fell at an angle towards Rarity below. "Rarity, watch out! It's a creepy flying mushroom!"

"OH!" Rarity squeaked as she jumped aside to avoid the thing as it crashed into the ground. The capsule burst open in a repulsive fashion, splattering debris around. Two scaly, grotesque creatures jumped out of the destroyed pod. They had a turtle-like shell, adorned with spikes, walked on insect legs and had two massive claws each. Their fanged mouths hissed and screeched at Rarity.

"Oh, my goodness! Oh-! They're disgusting!" Rarity said as her cheeks turned green and puffed out. She cupped her mouth, keeping the vomit in. "And- ew! They reek!" The two Roaches started to claw at Rarity, taking away some of her health, and she shrieked. "Get them away! Get them away!"

"Hey, leave Rarity alone!" Pinkie dropped from the sky. She activated her basic attack when she tried to punch a Roach, but instead of just hitting them, her body pulled cupcakes out of nowhere and she tossed them at the creature. "Omigosh! Rarity! Rarity! I'm making cupcakes out of air!"

"Don't you- always do things like that!?" Rarity said, trying to get away from the Roaches while simultaneously keeping her vomit down.

"No, silly! I just have lots of stuff stored in secret places all over Equestria that I can pull out at a moment's notice! But now, it's like I'm magic! You try it too!"

"Oh, oh, oh!" Rarity backed into a corner. "T-take this, you ruffian!" Rarity's horned glowed as she shot a small magical burst at the Roach. "Oh! Ha-! Haha! Take that!" Rarity beamed with confidence as her ability seemed to be damaging the Roach.

"You go, girl!" Pinkie cheered. The two of them finished off the Roaches with their ranged projectiles.

"Hmmm..." a sinister female voice rang out. "It seems you do have powers of your own. Perhaps it will be worth infesting you for the Swarm." Rarity and Pinkie turned to see a staggering form more horrid than the Roaches. An insect-like creature stood before them, with a feminine torso. Her face was blank and smooth, save for two glowing green eyes and two fanged mandibles. A spiked crest sat atop her tentacle hair. Her lower body was unspeakable: fleshy webbings connected her six legs that clawed along the ground. A disgusting sac of swarming liquids and eggs throbbed upon her abdomen. At her back, a sickening hole opened up and spat out of tumor of flesh. The tumor stuck to the earth and throbbed, spreading a pale gray substance around it. Her arms were dangly, cunning, scheming, like everything before her was just a temporary obstacle that could be removed.

This time, Rarity couldn't handle the nausea. Just the sickening sight of Zagara made her lose her lunch.

"You cannot infest ashes, Broodmother," a monstrous voice bellowed. It was coarse and heavy and reeked of brimstone and smoke. It came from a titan of flesh and muscle. A great crimson red demon stood menacingly tall beside Zagara. From his body grew long, hard, obsidian spikes. Massive, curved horns emerged from the sides of his contorted, arrogant face. The most inhuman, unholy, demonic fire burned through his eyes and pulsed from his insides, lighting up his chest. The specimen of terror swung his tail back and forth, like a predator hungry for a feast. A mysterious shard stuck through his forehead, glowing with power unimaginable and screeching with the wails a thousands of souls.

"Hrrrrggh!" Zagara hissed at Diablo. "You would dare burn my queen's specimens? Arrogant demon! All of this world belongs to the Swarm!"

"Your Swarm is puny, insect!" Diablo retorted. "The legions of the Burning Hells will crawl over this pathetic realm and end it in fire!"

Rarity stood terrified of the two monsters, shaking in fear.

"P-Pinkie?" Rarity whispered, as she tried to back up. "I-I think we may be a tad bit out of our league here, darling... Perhaps we should leave and come back with Rainbow Dash... and Applejack... and Princess Celestia, Luna, Cadence and the royal army!"

"Heeheehee! Look at his face!" Pinkie giggled, pointing at Diablo. "It's all scrunched up!"

"Hm?" Diablo turned to stare down at the pony laughing at him. "Mortal fool! I am the Lord of Terror! Kneel before me!"

"Terror!?" Pinkie quipped. "That's awful! Sounds like somepony needs to teach you how to giggle at the ghosties! Heeheehaahaa!"

"RAAAGGGGHHH! Enough!" Diablo roared. "SHADOW CHARGE!" His massive body rushed forward with unthinkable speed and collided with Pinkie.

"Ooof!" Pinkie groaned as she was knocked back by the force.

"Aaaaahhhh!!!" Rarity screamed as the monster demon now stood right beside her.

Diablo turned slowly to look down at Rarity.

"Ah-ah! G-good day, lord of terror!" Rarity sputtered out, despite herself, as Diablo's unholy gaze pierced through her. "My, my! Y-you certainly get s-straight to the point. Oh, oh! And that g-gem on y-your head is so glamorous, I- I- I-"

Diablo grinned and pointed to the Soulstone on his head.

"Do you like it, equine?"

"Oh, yes, v-very much-" Rarity continued to stutter as she backed up.

"Shall I tell you the tale of the last mortal who held it? How he thrust it into his own skull?"

"Oh, well- t-that certainly sounds like quite the story, but I-I'm afraid I'm late for something! Oh, look at the time, heh heh-!"

"You will have plenty of time in Hell!" Diablo roared and reared back to strike.

"Leave her alone! PARTY CANNON!" Pinkie shouted, activating her ability. As expected, she pulled a large light-blue cannon out from under herself and aimed it at Diablo. With a blast of confetti and streamers, the cannon flew back from the recoil and Pinkie road along with it. "Woah!" she hollered as the cannon rolled past the blue gate, came to a halt and disappeared.

"Pinkie! Don't leave me!" Rarity shouted as Pinkie abandoned her in the middle of lane.

"Sorry! I didn't know it was gonna do that!" Pinkie shouted back. "...Now I know! And learning- is half the battle! Haaahaaa!"

"GRRRFFF!" Diablo huffed as he shook off the confetti. "Curse this Nexus! Such a feeble creature, yet it strikes with the power of a Nephalem!"

"Hey! Come and get meeeee!" Pinkie taunted from behind the gate.

"Fool! Not even death can save you from me!" Diablo roared as he charged the gate, slamming into it. He clawed at the magical barrier unable to pierce it. The two towers on either side of the gate detected Diablo. They immediately turned the horse-shaped statues at the tops of them towards the demon. Cannons emerged from within the statues and began to bombard Diablo. The fireballs struck the demon, causing immense damage.

"Heeheeehaa!" Pinkie giggled playfully as she threw cupcakes at Diablo, dealing damage. "You can't get me! You can't get me!"

"Mortal wretch!" Diablo roared. "FIRE STOMP!" With that, he took a massive stomp on the ground, sending flame waves outward in all directions. The fires crossed through the gate and struck Pinkie.

"Ouch! Hot hot hot!" Pinkie bounced away from the damage.

The flame waves also hit Rarity.

"Oh! That hurt!" Rarity shook. "Oh, please tell me it didn't singe my mane!"

"Raaagghhh!" Diablo roared, backing off as the cannon fire became too much for him. He left the area as the last few fireballs stuck him.

Rarity saw the opportunity to run back behind the gate. As she moved forward she heard Zagara yell.

"BANELING BARRAGE!"

Before Rarity could step one more foot forward, a line of spiraling insects came rolling at her. As the ball-like Banelings made contact with her, each one exploded with toxic green goo for heavy damage.

"Ow! Ouch!" she cried as she took the damage. "Oh! Ewww! Icky! Icky!" she complained as she tried to shake the goop off. "Wait, that's not important!" she realized, coming to her sense. Her health was low, she could feel it. She turned to run to the gate again, but Zagara stood in her way. Zagara had taken advantage of the fight with Diablo to circle around Rarity.

"There is no escape!" she said as she started to spit barbed projectiles at Rarity, dealing basic damage. "HUNTER KILLER!"

Her new spell summoned forth a slug-like beast with scythe claws and a massive crest from the ground. The Hydralisk reared back and began to spit poison darts at Rarity. The damage was heavy, almost unfair to a point.

"Oh! Stop, stop!!" Rarity panicked as her health dropped quickly. "Um-! DIAMOND CASING!" Shards of diamonds appeared in a circle on the ground about ten feet from Rarity. They moved quickly to her, striking Zagara and her Hydralisk as they came. When the diamonds reached Rarity they flew up and combined, creating a giant diamond to shield her. The shield hovered slightly off the ground.

"Oh my! How glorious!" Rarity said with glee.

"Hhhrrrr!" Zagara hissed as she shot another thorny projectile at Rarity. It hit the diamond shield and reflected back to Zagara, stricking her. "Gah! Your shield cannot hide you for long!"

"She's right!" Rarity realized. She somehow pushed the diamond and it started to float back to the gate she was so desperate to get to. The mindless Hydralisk continued to fire on her, each of its toxic attacks reflected back, hitting itself until it died.

"Haha!" Rarity taunted as her diamond disappeared and she stepped behind the gate. "That's what you get for sending those creepy, disgusting bugs after me!"

"Grrr! There will be more Zerg!" Zagara retorted. "There will always be! The Swarm is endless! The Swarm is eternal!"

"Pinkie where are you!?" Rarity called as he looked around in the safety of the outpost.

"I'm here Rarity!" Pinkie hollered. "Check out this pool I fell in when I was on fire! It feels great!"

Pinkie was swimming in a magical pool of water, her health was recovering quickly.

"Oh my, it's dazzling," Rarity commented as she looked into the healing waters. She took a drink. She could her health returning as well.

"So refreshing, right!?" Pinkie asked, doing a backstroke.

"It is, but what are we to do?"

"We fight them!" Pinkie announced cheerfully, jumping out of the water.

"But, they're so dangerous!" Rarity said, pointing back out the gate. "Not too mention ghastly! And, oh! Did you see her hair!? It was all tangly and wet and eeewww!"

"I know, but Twilight's counting on us! So is Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack, Mayor Mane, Applebloom, Sir Lintsalot-"

"Okay, okay, I get it, you can stop!" Rarity pressed. "And you are right... We must do what we can for our friends! Despite our fears!"

"Heeheehaahaa!"

The two ponies stepped out of the gate together, ready for the second round. Zagara stood in the center of the lane as the last few blue minions fell to their death around her.

"Let's go!" Pinkie and Rarity said in unison. They charged out at Zagara.

"Here Pinkie, wear this!" Rarity said as she activated another ability. "CLOAK OF GEMS!" A magical cloak of white appeared around Pinkie. It had several large gems of various colors on it. As Pinkie got close to her foes, the gems shot out short bursts of energy, striking Zagara and the remaining red minions.

"Have some cake!" Pinkie shouted as she approached. "Taste THE MMMM!" Pinkie pulled out the Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness and threw the massive cake at Zagara.

"What the-?" Zagara said in confusion as the delicious confectionary fell from the sky onto her, splattering into pieces. Each splat landed on the ground, dealing damage to the minions, finishing them off.

"No!" Pinkie jumped to the spot where some of the cake had fallen. It vanished before her. "Aw! I thought I was gonna get to eat it!" Pinkie said with tremendous sadness.

"Grrah!" Zagara cursed as the gems from Pinkie's cloak still barraged her relentlessly. "I have no time for these games!" She began to spit at Pinkie.

"Surely you have time for fashion!" Rarity taunted. "ART OF THE DRESS!" A giant magical needle appeared in the sky. It pierced the earth, dragging a magic thread behind it. It looped through the dirt and cobblestone, came out, looped over Zagara and back down into the earth. It repeated itself multiple times within a second. Before she had a chance to move, the needle pulled tight and the magical thread came down on Zagara, crushing her tight against the ground.

"Gaaaahh!" Zagara hissed. Her health now was low, from the onslaught of attacks.

"Ha! What do you think of us now?" Rarity taunted.

"I think you have doomed yourselves," Zagara hissed creepily as a cupcake Pinkie threw splattered on the side of her face.

"Wha-?" Rarity couldn't finish her question, Diablo came out of the grass. His massive body could have been easily spotted in the hiding place if not for the mechanics of the Nexus.

"OVERPOWER!" Diablo roared, using the ability. He grabbed Rarity and raised her up in the air. He then turned around and slammed her into the ground with devastating force.

"Gah!" Rarity spat at the pain.

"SHADOW CHARGE!" Diablo's massive body then knocked Rarity far away from Pinkie, towards the red towers. They detected her presence and began to fire on her. Diablo swiped with his basic attack and the combined power of the cannons and him destroyed Rarity, before she even knew it what was happening.

"RARITY!" Pinkie cried in horror as the limp husk of her friend vanished.

Diablo turned to Pinkie.

"This is but a prelude, mortal," Diablo spoke menacingly as he walked towards her. "This world will burn in hellfire."

"The Swarm will consume it," Zagara added, joining in beside Diablo.

"Your fields will become ash."

"Your homes will be devoured."

"Your sanctuaries will crumble."

"Your cities will become hatcheries."

"Your rivers will run red with blood."

"Your sky will be darkened by the Swarm."

"Your heroes will die.

"Your champions will be infested."

"Abandon hope.

"Abandon your future."

Pinkie crouched down, trembling as the two powerhouses stood over her.

"Do you still wish to laugh in the face of terror?" Diablo asked.

Pinkie couldn't respond.

"I believe she is speechless," Zagara said, pleased.

"Then the time for words has ended. Let us finish this."

"INFESTED DROP!"

"FIRE STOMP!"

"HUNTER KILLER! BANELING BARRAGE!"

With that, Pinkie was no more.

* * * * *

Author's Note:

Pictures belong to Luke Mancini