• Published 1st May 2015
  • 1,463 Views, 11 Comments

Orange and Cyan - PaperBack



Trapped in a cave with seemingly noway out. Applejack and Rainbow Dash admit they like each other... in a round about kind of way.

  • ...
10
 11
 1,463

Goodbye party

Two weeks have passed since PaperBack Novel had arrived in Ponyville with the sole purpose of learning about the princess of friendship and her friend.

“Are you sure you have to go? You can’t stay for a few more days, PaperBack? asked a lavender alicorn.

“Yes I am sure Twilight,” said the white pegasus as she reached down and swung her saddlebags onto her back, “I really must thank you for all of your hospitality, and the stories, from both you and your friends. Now I must return home and write the first draft of your biography.”

“Well alright then if you really have to go, I’ll walk you to the train station” Twilight said sounding disappointed then started walking to the front door of her castle.

The ponies inside the castle arrived at the large front doors the castle of the Princess of Friendship. A purple aura wrapped itself around the handles of the doors, they opened to reveal a light pink mare bouncing impatiently, her hot pink mane bouncing along with the rest of her.

Looking surprised at who it was. Twilight smiled and said “Hi Pinkie,”

“Hi Twilight!” squeaked Pinkie

“What brings you by?”

“Well… I heard that PaperBack was leaving today… sooooooo I decided to throw her a farewell party! Everypony is at Sugarcube Corner waiting for her to arrive.” she finished closing her eyes and smiling.

“OH!” PaperBacks eyes widened in surprise “You didn’t have to do that, Pinkie.” her cheeks turned a light pink as she put a hoof to her chin and turned her head, flattered at the gesture.

“It wasn’t a problem at all.” the pink pony said smiling.

“Well thank you Pinkie for throwing me a farewell party… however I do plan to return in the near future.” PaperBack stated

Pinkie stared at the snow white pegasus, eyes crossed “Oh… well then when you come back I’ll throw you a welcome back party, or an unfarewell party, or a not goodbye party!” she rattled off gasping for air at when the pink mare finished her sentence.

“We should get down there then,” Twilight said closing her eyes and smiling “ We don’t want to keep them waiting.”

“You’re absolutely right dear, let’s get going” PaperBack retorted, smiling along with the lavender alicorn.

The two winged mares started walking down the flawless glass stairs of of the castle, while Pinkie bounced eagerly behind them.

“When will you come back to Ponyville?” Pinkie asked

“I’m not sure, I want to get a rough draft of Twilights biography finished before I return to have her read it.”

“Okie dokie lokie,” the pink maned mare squeaked

The rest of their walk to Sugarcube Corner was surprisingly quiet, given the nature of the bouncing pink pony tagging along behind the other two. Arriving at the bakery Pinkie pushed past PaperBack and Twilight to get to the door first, and open it revealing...

“SURPRISE!!!!” yelled the group of ponies gathered inside the bakery.

PaperBack shot straight into the sky through several layers of cloud before gently floating back down to in front of the doorway to the bakery.

“Good lord, I’ve had my fair share of surprises, but I have to say that is one of the biggest ones I have ever had in my live.” the white pegasus said upon her landing on the ground with a hoof to her chest.

“Sorry ‘bout that sugarcube,” said an orange earth pony “ didn’t mean ta give a fright.”

“Oh, no I thoroughly enjoy having the hell scared out of me, which is why aside from biographies I also write horror novels for a living and I take great pride in doing so.”

“Enough of this jibber-jabber, LET’S PARTY!!!!!” squeaked Pinkie wrapping a hoof around PaperBacks neck and spinning her into the center of the room, as all of the ponies present cheered and began to dance as a needle was dropped on a vinyl record playing music.

Shaking her head to reorient herself PaperBack looked around at all of the ponies in attendance, and couldn’t help but smile and break out into a dance. At this sight other ponies who were dancing took notice stopped to form a circle around the red maned pegasus as she continued to dance her heart out. Making a certain on looking cyan pegasus jealous of her “sick moves,” and couldn’t resist the urge to join her. PaperBack took notice of Rainbow Dash joining her on the dance floor. Dash watched her every move closely, and when she felt comfortable she began to mimic almost every move the writer could dish out. This went on for a good five, ten minutes then exhaustion set in,both pegasi looked at each other panting and shook wings, and were offered glasses of cider to quench the thirst they had worked up during their “dance off.”

PaperBack looked at the rainbow maned pegasus and said “Wow Rainbow you are a really great dancer.”

“Thanks PaperBack. you’re a great dancer too.” she complimented the red maned writer.

“ Ah didn’t know ya could dance RD,” said Applejack

“Everypony knows that Rainbow Dash is the greatest dancer in all of Ponyville.” a bouncing pink mare with a red and white party hat sticking out of her mane.

“Neither did I Applejack,” Rarity said walking up to the group of ponies standing around next to the food and beverage table, “that was a wonderful display.”

“Heh.. Thanks Rarity,” Dash said rubbing the back of her neck with her foreleg.

“Well how about we all get on the dance floor and show off our moves!” squeaked Pinkie

“ Well that sounds like a mighty fahne idea Pinkie.” AppleJack said smiling

They all then proceed to the dance floor where other ponies were taking part in jammin’ out to the sick beats of Vinyl Scratch. Now as I too am at the party I would like to enjoy myself. Thanks you for reading, stick around, because Leather Bound Novel, is not finished telling this story.

Author's Note:

Sorry for not starting their adventure this chapter, I just could not think of anything more, to a better transition for such an event. Still I thank you all for reading, and have a great day.:)