• Published 1st May 2015
  • 1,463 Views, 11 Comments

Orange and Cyan - PaperBack



Trapped in a cave with seemingly noway out. Applejack and Rainbow Dash admit they like each other... in a round about kind of way.

  • ...
10
 11
 1,463

Well deserved sleep

A few days after her confession of love to her rainbow maned marefriend, Applejack lies in her bed wide awake, when heard the sound of pebbles being thrown against of her window, almost making her jump out of her fur.

She jumped out of her bed and quickly walked over to the window. Hoping it was her beloved Rainbow Dash throwing the tiny stones, because the farm mare had not seen hide nor tail of her in the past couple days. On the opposite side of the window was Rainbow, hovering with a small hoofful of pebbles.

Reaching out Applejack pulled her into a hug, “ Where have ya been Rainbow? Ah haven’t seen ya in two days.” said the orange farm mare.

“Well all of the weather teams were making a colossal thunderstorm that is stretching from Canterlot to Cloudsdale… I hope it doesn't blow up in the face of whoever came up with the idea.?”

“Sounds like a real gully washer… but Ah get ta see ya now and that’s all that matters.” Applejack said pulling the still hovering Rainbow into her room and giving her a peck on her muzzle, still having her hooves wrapped around her neck.

“I love you AJ.” Dash said smiling her and giving her a playful lick on her nose

“So what brings ya by at this hour… not that Ah’m complainin’ or anythin’.” said the farm mare

“Well I just wanted to see you...cause I haven’t since told me you loved me. That’s all.’ Rainbow said wrapping a wing around Applejack

Applejack smiled and said, “ Thanks sugarcube. Ah love you too.” she gave Dash a small kiss of the cheek, “ but now that yer here… maybe you could… Ah don’t know… stay the night?”

Rainbow looked at Applejack with a blank expression, “ Sure.. I could stay here, I’m too tired to fly home any way.”

The two mares made their way to Applejacks bed and climbed in both lying on their backs, “So… aren’t we supposed ta… ya know… be cuddlin’ er somethin’?” asked the orange mare turning her head to look at Dash.

Rainbow sighed and rolled over to look her in the eye, “ AJ have you ever had another pony in your bed?” she asked

AJ flattened her ears, feeling ashamed, “ No… no Ah haven’t.”

Dash was a little taken aback at this, “ You mean you have never had the pony you were dating in your bed?”

The orange mare shook her head, “ Yer the first Dash.”

Dash rolled over and smiled at Applejack, “Well roll over AJ,” Dash said

Applejack did as she asked and rolled over, at the same time Rainbow slid herself closer to her and wrapped a light blue leg around chest of the orange farmer, and laid her head gently on hers. At this Applejack snuggled closer to her marefriend enjoying the feeling of being held close by another pony, and slowly began to drift off to sleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next morning, just as the sun began to peak over the mountains, Applejack awoke to the sound of light snoring in her ear. she flicked once trying to rouse the pony producing the sound, though her efforts were in vain.

Slightly annoyed she rolled over to confront the mare snoring in her ear.

“Rainbow” she whispered

No response.

“Rainbow!” she whispered a little louder and nudged the sleeping pegasus elighting a small moan of disapproval as the rainbow maned mare turned away from the orange pony trying to get her attention.

Applejack furrowed her brow and nudged her harder, “Rainbow Dash! Wake up!” she said

Rainbow submerged her head with the blanket that covered the two mares, “Mmm… just five more minutes AJ.” she whined in sleepy annoyance

“ Ugh fine” she said as she slid under the covers and wrapped a hoof around Rainbow, returning the embrace she was given last night, in return Rainbow moved closer to her marefriend.

The two mares remained like this for a short while, until Applejack heard the door to her bedroom creak open.

Applejack surfaced in a panic to see who had entered. She looked over her shoulder to see a red stallion standing in the doorway.

She let out a huge sigh of relief at seeing him, “ Mornin’ Mac.”

“Eeyup,” he said eyeing patch of rainbow sticking out from beneath the covers.

Applejack thought this was a good time to ready herself for the day, and hopefully get Rainbow out of the house before Granny Smith or Apple Bloom find her.

Feeling a shift in the weight and hearing the male voice Rainbow peeled back the blanket to see Big Mac standing there, and Applejack heading out the door, “ Um… hi Big Mac,” she said,
“Mornin’” said the stallion

“So… you’re not weirded out by this?” she asked

Mac took a step into the room and closed the door behind him, “ No this does not bother me in the slightest. All Ah want is fer AJ ta be happy, and if that means datin’ you, then so be it. Ah just ask one thing from ya.” he said putting a hoof on the bed, and looking deep into Rainbows magenta eyes.

Rainbow, unsure what to do, said, “ Um… okay, what would that be?”

“That ya take good care of her, and do not hurt her in any way, shape or form. Got it?” he said seaming very threatening

Dash simply nodded, “ Are you kidding, hurting AJ is the last thing I would want to do, plus I’m the element of loyalty… so I couldn’t even if I wanted to.”

Mac nodded in response and pulled her into a tight hug, “ Ah thank ya Rainbow, that is all Ah ask.” he said and let her go.

“ I know Mac.” she said, smiling at him as he left the room and Applejack came back in.

She gave her rainbow maned marefriend a curious look, “ What did Mac say to ya?” she asked picking up a brush and running it through her mane.

“Oh nothing, he’s just being a protective brother is all.” Rainbow said getting out of bed and walking over to AJ to give her a reassuring kiss on the cheek.

The orange mare giggled and returned the kiss, “Ah love you Rainbow Dash.”

Dash smiled, “ I love you too Applejack.”

Author's Note:

My appologioes if this feels disconnected or uninteresting. I just did not want to miss an upload. However the next chapter will be better.. I hope. I just need to give this the attention it needs and this week I did not do that.

Thanks for reading and commenting :)

-PaperBack

Comments ( 1 )

Where's the next chapter? I can't wait!

Login or register to comment