• Published 14th Apr 2015
  • 802 Views, 55 Comments

Five Nights at Freddy's: Body vs Mind - AmpUpHeart



Hazard, Amplitude, Mirage, Axle. Just four ordinary ponies until the day they were ushered in to a locked room. Thirteen years later, they learned what became of them. Now, with a more metallic look, they're out to save Equestria from their fate.

  • ...
19
 55
 802

Talking it Out

Confusion gradually settled within the next few days, and life continued as usual. The simulations turned from individual trials to team missions.

However, unbeknownst to everyone except Tesla, Tripwire was becoming more tense. Tesla didn't even use the mind-reading spell. She could just tell. Trip amped up the training more quickly, he was growing more distant, and he used any extra second he had to examine codes.

After a long week, Tesla couldn't take it. She wanted to help Trip bear the weight of the secret, but until she talked to Trip, she would simply be carrying her own weight. Late one night, she trotted up to Trip as he was deciphering yet another code in an attempt to uncover Fuse's secrets.

"Trip, can I talk to you?" Tesla asked.

"I guess," Trip replied.

After checking to make sure that no one was around, she let her instincts do the talking.

"Back when the bite happened, I read your mind. I understand that you are under a lot of pressure."

Instead of getting angry, Trip looked relieved. "At least somepony knows. I don't know how to tell the others, though."

"I trust you. I--"

"That's what I'm afraid of. I feel like you guys put too much trust in me and not enough trust in each other. I don't know when Fuse will strike. If she attacks tomorrow, what will happen? I'll be honest. I may look cool and collected, but I'm terrified, especially now. Not just for us, but for all of Ponyville. Maybe even Equestria. Who knows?"

"May I ask how pondering Fuse's moves deals with worrying about Equestria's safety?"

"There's a saying Fuse taught me: 'If you cut off the head of a beast, the beast will die.' Obviously, for beasts like the Hydra, that's not the case. But we're not a Hydra. If something were to happen to me, how would you manage?"

Tesla fell silent. She could come up with no answer even if she tried, and needless to say, she did.

Author's Note:

This was supposed to go just after The Infamous Bite, so I under if it's a bit confusing.