• Published 14th Apr 2015
  • 802 Views, 55 Comments

Five Nights at Freddy's: Body vs Mind - AmpUpHeart



Hazard, Amplitude, Mirage, Axle. Just four ordinary ponies until the day they were ushered in to a locked room. Thirteen years later, they learned what became of them. Now, with a more metallic look, they're out to save Equestria from their fate.

  • ...
19
 55
 802

Trial Run

This room was much like the others, except there were fewer computers and much larger. Hazard couldn't help but wonder how somepony could build such a large structure and go unnoticed.

Trip walked up to one of the panels, pressed a few buttons, and suddenly the room turned dark except for bright teal lights.

"Whoa." Amp said.

Trip smiled, and replied, "It will take several days to fine-tune your systems, but I have to get a basic analysis done now to avoid any possible problems."

"I'll go first!" Yelled Axle.

"Calm down. This will challenge all of your mobility, coordination, and reaction time. The scans modeled your bodies exactly, but anything can go wrong."

Hazard shivered. What COULD go wrong?

Trip guided Axle to the center of the room. He then returned to the panel and typed in more codes. The lighting shifted, appearing to be a dark alleyway, but the walls of the room were still clearly visible.

After Trip gave a huff of frustration, Mirage thought for a second. Would she still be able to use magic? She focused, and was shocked to see what appeared to be purple lightning clustering around her horn. However, the lights shifted, and the alleyway seemed to come alive.

Everyone stared in awe at what just happened, but Trip began pressing more buttons on the panel.

Debris came flying out of nowhere, and Axle dodged it without a problem. However, a mudslide rushed up to him, forcing him to take to the air. He was shocked to see that he flew just fine, despite the new wing design. When fierce winds kicked up, he immediately adjusted and started doing tricks just for the fun of it. Then, the holograms disintegrated, revealing the blank walls once again.

"No problems found," said Trip. Axle had a look of triumph on his face, especially when he walked by Hazard.

Mirage was next. But instead of an alleyway, her location was in a thick forest. Somehow, Trip was able to let Mirage practice magic in her new form. Trip marveled at her ability to manipulate light, claiming that he had nothing to do with it. Amplitude had the location of a desert. It was intriguing when she started banging on rocks when being pursued by coyotes.

Hazard watched as Trip was examining the data, but he kept examining his flank, trying to make out the message of his cutie mark. He didn't realize that it was his turn.

He stood in the room and watch the holograms form and warp, until he was standing on the slope of a snowy mountain. When he realized that he couldn't see the others, he grew uneasy.

Then, he felt movement, even before he heard it. He immediately jumped onto a ledge and scrambled over the rocks without even looking behind him. Only when he knew that he was safe did he look down towards the avalanche. Then a harsh wind blew up and threatened to blow him into the rush of snow. He immediately stood in a defensive stance and lowered his head, almost subconsciously.

While the wind was blowing, he glanced up to see birds diving from the sky. Still maintaining his stance the best that he can, he ran. The birds circled him, hitting him, but he used this to his advantage. The birds were blocking the wind. Hazard took it more easily until he eyed a small cave.

He took off, and forgot about the wind. But just as he was knocked off of his hooves, he rolled and stood up. He continued until he reached the cave. But before he could reach it, everything vanished.

He was back in the lab with everyone, including Axle, gawking at him. Hazard himself was shocked at the experience.

"Are you sure you didn't alter my systems any?" Hazard asked Trip.

"I didn't. That all came from you. But it explains your cutie mark. Back when you-know-what happened, you were the only one who tried to run. And here, you had reaction times even better than mine. Your talent isn't causing dangers; its sensing them and taking them on. Then again, it's a bit of a paradox, because you could deal some serious damage to anypony who tries to mess with you," Trip said, casting a glance at Axle.

Hazard felt exhilarated. He solved a problem he had all his life, even if he solved it after life.

"It's going to take more runs for all of you. I now have an idea of who to give what in terms of the combat technology. Plus, it will be a great training tool for all of us. However, we should all get some shut-eye. We have some long days ahead of us."

Meanwhile, a black unicorn picked up the last picture she took with her older sister, the picture at the pizzeria.

'Why did I have to do it?' She thought. 'I had to follow that pony and now Mirage is dead.'

She sighed as she looked through the paper. She had been keeping tabs on all the news about the pizzeria ever since her older sister was killed. Then she eyed a "Help Wanted" ad. A night watchmare for Freddy Fazbear's?

She didn't even care about the payment. She just wanted any possible clues about the fate of her sister. She then thought of the tale Mirage would tell her about an item that they had that could allow one to talk to spirits, and found the shelf where the item was: a Ouija board. She knew it was a far-fetched idea, but she didn't care. There's always the chance that it could hold the key to her answer, right?