• Published 14th Apr 2015
  • 802 Views, 55 Comments

Five Nights at Freddy's: Body vs Mind - AmpUpHeart



Hazard, Amplitude, Mirage, Axle. Just four ordinary ponies until the day they were ushered in to a locked room. Thirteen years later, they learned what became of them. Now, with a more metallic look, they're out to save Equestria from their fate.

  • ...
19
 55
 802

Awakening

Thirteen years later:

Hazard's eyes flew open. He remembered everything up until the point when he blacked out. But what happened after that? Where was he? And why did he feel.... Older? How long was he out? First, he decided to figure out where he was: a glass cylinder of some kind. Cables and wires everywhere else. Dim lighting. Not much to go off of.

"Hello?" He called out, but then stopped short. Not only had his voice matured, but it was slightly doubled, much like a robot. He then took a better look at himself. His skin seemed normal enough, but something seemed off. He then looked in the faint reflection of the glass, and was mortified at what he saw. His face was normal, except for his eyes. There was black where the whites should be, and his deep blue irises were glowing. Now he was panicking.

Suddenly, the sound of hoofsteps echoed through the room. A unicorn came into view. He had a white and black mane and tail slightly smaller than Hazard's. Much of his coat was a pale shade of blue. Hazard recognized him as one of the ponies that had gotten trapped in the room. However, he had changed, as well. Half of his coat was covered by metal, including his face. He had one normal eye and one eye that was much like Hazard's.

The unicorn walked up to a panel next to the cylinder, pressed a few buttons, and opened the cylinder. He saw a panicked- looking Hazard inside. He knew that Hazard was probably going to take this news the hardest, especially since Axle was alongside them.

Hazard cautiously stepped out of the cylinder, walked over to the strange pony, and looked him dead in the eye, a look of half-anger and half-fear.

"What happened?"

The pony got this question from the others, and he answered them the same way: "Follow me. I'd rather have everyone together when I explain. There's no point in repetition if you're not there to hear it the first time."

He led Hazard down a few hallways, where it was made evident that Hazard was in some kind of lab. However, when they arrived in a large room filled with computers, Hazard was so shocked that he couldn't speak. He saw Amplitude, Axle, and the yellow unicorn that had all died in that room. All had black eyes with glowing irises, and the two pegasi had wings that appeared to be dull blades on metal frames. However, he quickly shook it off and marched straight up to Axle. Axle, despite all that happened, greeted Hazard with his usual remarks.

"Well, look who decided to show up."
Hazard was furious.

"Save it, Axle. Look what you've done."
Axle wasn't fazed.

"You should be thanking me. You didn't have a cutie mark the last time I saw you!"
Hazard was taken aback, and quickly looked at his flank. Sure enough, there was something there. His joy diminished, however, when he realized what it was. A triangle with an exclamation mark glared up at him, as if teasing him about what happened.

"Yeah. A reminder of what happened to us, whatever it was." Their bickering continued until it reached a fever pitch.

Suddenly, a voice rang out.

"QUIET!"

Hazard and Axle fell silent.

"Thank you, Mirage," said the strange unicorn. The yellow unicorn who had spoken just nodded her head understandingly.

"No problem, Trip."

The unicorn who had just been referred to as 'Trip' quickly got everyone's attention,

"I know that you all have questions,
but let me start at the beginning." He paused, uncertain, and said, "You all died. I took scans of your minds and transferred them to computers. I escaped half-alive because I knew what that madmare was up to. She's my mother."

"What?" The whole group was speechless, their black eyes focused on Trip, who just stood there. He expected this. Like his namesake, he only pulled out a plan with the right trigger.

"I guess I might as well tell you guys the past before telling you the present. My name is Tripwire, although I like to be called Trip. My mother, Blown Fuse, is a madmare. I don't know what she went through, or why I never ended up like her, but she's obsessed with frightening others to either emotional disturbance or death. 'Pushing buttons' is what she calls it, perhaps because she's creating havoc.

" Anyway, there are actually two of each animatronic in Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria: Freddy, Bonnie, Chika, and Foxy. All, including ballon boy and marionette, carry a virus that programs them to attack anypony that roams this place at night. If anything, the night watchgard at Freddy Fazbear's is merely bait that keeps the animatronics from leaving the pizzeria. Anyway, the animatronics being used were getting ready to be scrapped, so Fuse found the old suits and thought about adding something a little extra to the viruses. She wanted to find a way to strike more fear into the guards despite there being fewer animatronics. She killed you so that the animatronics that your bodies were stuffed in would experience your fear. They're more like zombies than they are robots. They would always stuff their victims into suits, which would kill them, but now they can conjure hallucinations and the suits in which victims are stuffed into will act the same way if they're activated. The robots have one goal: to make the world what the world made them. Yet, despite all that, they are programmed not to attack Blown Fuse."

Everyone stood in silence. All that they thought about that place was merely an illusion. But a question lingered on Amplitude's mind.

"But why us?"

Trip said, "It would take another madmare to get a true answer."

Amplitude was persistent, though. "But why did you do this to us? Don't get me wrong; I appreciate that fact that you brought us back, but why?"

Trip pondered for a long time, and replied, "I don't know a true answer to that question. There are many reasons. For starters, I don't like what Fuse does. As you already can tell, I don't even like calling her 'mother.' I'm always obligated to clean up her messes, and this is the biggest mess she has ever made, and the one that she is the most proud of.
"Secondly, living ponies continuing life after inevitable death was an idea that I had and blueprinted, but never carried out until now. However, with science and technicality aside, I wanted to give all of you a second chance. I don't believe in somepony's shot at life getting stolen by somepony else."

Suspicion filled each of their eyes, except for Mirage.

"I believe you," she said, "Although I have one question: will I see my sister again?"

Doubt flickered in Trip's eyes. "I don't know, but I do know that other fillies and foals will be at risk if Fuse isn't stopped. Your sister was naive enough to follow her. She would have died if it wasn't for you."
Although everyone knew this subconsciously, it still shook them to think that something like this could happen again.

Mirage gave a determined look. "I want to help. I don't want this to happen again. I want to help you clean up this mess."

Amplitude was the next to chime in. "Me too. If Fuse wants to keep doing this, then she'll have to get past me, first."

Axle quickly added his two bits. "I'm in. It's another way to beat up dummies."

Hazard took a few steps back in shock. "Excuse me?"

"Relax, Hazard. I'm talking about the animatronics."

"Sure you were," Hazard muttered under his breath, or at least what would be his breath. He wasn't sure if his new systems needed oxygen or if the inhale-exhale reflex was merely there to make the body seem more natural.

Axle broke Hazard's train of thought. "So are you in this or not?"

"Don't force him, Axle." Trip said.

"I guess that I might as well," Hazard replied.

"Are you sure?" Trip questioned. "And that goes for all of you."

Everyone nodded, a sure look on their faces.

"Okay," Trip said, "I have a few ideas, but before we go into depth with them, let me show you around. You've been out for thirteen years. You need to know what you missed and you need time to adjust."

"Makes sense," Amplitude replied.

"As for you two," Trip said, looking at Hazard and Axle, "you will need to settle your rivalry if you want any chance of living a normal life." Both Hazard and Axle sighed at this, but they said nothing.

"Now about the lab, it's actually a lab that Fuse built but forgot about. She was somehow able to build it beneath the pizzeria without anyone noticing. The main entrance to the lab is in the kitchen, which is why any nightgaurd will find the surveillance camera there always disabled. Don't ask me why. It's another one of the things that she does without an explanation."

Trip had showed everyone around, from the various chambers of computers to their sleeping quarters.

"Why do we have sleeping quarters?" Amplitude had asked.

"Think about it," Trip had replied, "Your systems will need time to recharge. There are no cables or outlets needed, but you will enter a sleep-like state. Would you rather be treated like a robot or a pony?"

"I see," Amplitude was the most upbeat of the five, curious and always wanting to know everything possible about what she was now. "So since I'm a robot now, am I able to do super-cool kick-flank stuff now?"
Trip was leading them down another hall.

"I wasn't expecting you guys to be so willing to help me. I would've had to keep you down here for a bit anyway because red flags would go flying if I didn't. You see-"

"You never answered my question," Amp interrupted.

"As I was saying," Trip continued, "I have produced a variety of hardwares and prototyped some combat technology in the past, but never intended any of it to be used for you or me. However, with some time and fine-tuning, you could use the technology to your advantage."

"Awesome!" Amp exclaimed.

"I still can't believe that you are so excited about this," Hazard commented.

"I can," Axle replied, "I think that it sounds pretty exciting myself."

Trip stopped suddenly.

"Here we are. This is a simulator chamber. Here, holographic images can replicate virtually anything. I need to make sure that nothing is wrong with your systems. And if that combat technology comes in handy for you, than observing your strong and weak spots will help me determine how to integrate it. That way, in a critical event, you minimize your risks."

While everyone talked in awe, Hazard looked at his cutie mark, wondering what could have caused him to get it. He's always had a rough life, especially when Axle started bullying him. And the murder gave him his cutie mark. What talent could he decipher from that?

Trip, seeming to read his mind, said,
"You'll probably find out here."