• Published 14th May 2012
  • 2,745 Views, 121 Comments

A Lighter Shade Of Darkness - veteranO'awesome



2042. Some of us would have called it the end of days, but I called it a new beginning.

  • ...
4
 121
 2,745

Chapter 7

(A/N) ATTENTION! I have decided that there will only be author's notes in the beginnings, if there are any more at all. I just need to use this last one to say...er...type something. My mother is in the hospital getting surgery so it took a bit for another chapter for a bit. Had to take care of her for a while.



Lyra put a hoof on the door of the house and thought for a second. Why would Vinyl Scratch believe a word she was about to say? As a matter of fact, Vinyl was one of the ones that thought she was insane because of her belief in humans.

Now that she thought about it, most ponies questioned her sanity. All but a one, her best friend, Bon Bon. Although Lyra's obsession annoyed her, she never would think of Lyra to not be normal in other ways. When not thinking about humans, Lyra's was actually quite a laid back and comical pony. She was always one to joke around and be happy.

Her train of thought was broken by a white unicorn opening the door and nearly knocking Lyra over. The unicorn's mane was two shades of blue, one dark and one light, and it went in a zig-zag/electric pattern. She wore sunglasses that completely covered her eyes with had purple lenses and black trim.

"Lyra?" Vinyl was not amused. "Come inside and chill so we can talk comfortably." They went inside Vinyl's house and Lyra sat on rather uncomfortable sofa.

"Hi Vinyl." Lyra said with a sheepish grin on her face.

"You need something?" Vinyl asked.

"You aren't gonna believe this, but a human is in Ponyvi-"

"I know." Vinyl interrupted.

Lyra was flabbergasted. "What?! How did you know?"

"Word spreads pretty quickly here." Vinyl said.

"That's wonderful" Lyra said happily.

"Erm...." Vinyl's expression shifted into one of nervousness.

"What's wrong?" Lyra asked.

"Well...It's just that everypony is still scared of him, they just try to hide it so they won't make him feel bad. They think he's going to hurt everypony." Vinyl closed her eyes, expecting something foul, but she never got it.

Lyra stood up from the sofa and walked to a room with glass windows so that someone could see what's inside.

"To be honest..." Lyra said. "I thought so."

"You did?" Vinyl was extremely confused.

"Yes. That's why I need you to set up your DJ equipment in the stage at the center of town." Lyra said, opening the door and revealing musical supplies ranging from microphones to instruments. "The human and I have a plan."


Elsewhere

Spike and Shade had chatted a bit, so you could call them friends now. Shade promised the dragon that they would hangout some time. Shade walked out the door again, waving at Spike.

"See ya, man, er...dragon. I promise that we'll go exploring a cave or something later. Take care of Jackie!"

"That sounds cool. I'm gonna take a nap." Spike walked upstairs and disappeared from view.

"Activate cloaking." Shade said quietly. From the bottom up, he blended in with the background behind him.

"This is awesome." He said to himself quite loudly, making an orange pegasus filly question her sanity.

The Everfree Forest

Dirt flying into the air could be seen as a pod landed quietly in the ground. Two tall creatures, about a foot taller than Shade, stepped out. They had the head of jackals and scrawny looking bodies.

Both of them were armed with a spear with a pulsating purple light on the tip. Urak nuhk tai. One of them made deep, barely audible noises. Hallak ti nos. The other one replied. They started walking towards an area with buildings and busy ponies about a mile away.

Ponyville

They Ponyville stage was littered with wires. Vinyl had brought her mixing table and some large speakers. Lyra helped her hook them up and they waited for the creature of the hour to show up.

Another area of Ponyville

"Almost there...I can see the stage in the distance." Cloaking was very helpful to Shade right now. It was allowing him to vault houses and shops without being seen.

He eventually reached the stage and jumped down behind Lyra with a low pitched thump. He uncloaked himself and grinned. Shade lifted a finger and tapped Lyra on the back, which was probably not a good idea in retrospect. She screamed and turned around instantly.

Shade burst out laughing at Lyra's dismay, to which she lifted and hoof and clocked him on the side of the head. Even with the helmet on, that still hurt.

"Owwww...Why'd you do that?"

Lyra giggled. "You're a jerk, you know that."

"Yo, Lyra! What's goin' on?" A nearby voice shouted. Vinyl walked around the speaker Shade and Lyra were behind and stopped dead in her tracks.

"You...y-you're real." She was shaking, which made Shade feel bad. He walked over to her and extended his hand. "My name is Shade, and you are?"

Vinyl had stopped shaking and looked at Shade's hand. She put a hoof and it and shook it. "Vinyl Scratch, Equestria's finest DJ. I heard you had a plan to introduce yourself?"

Shade stopped shaking her hoof. "Yes. It is a rather brilliant one if you ask me. We're going to need music, though."

A proud look instantly spread across Vinyl's face. I think I got what you need." She walked over to the mixing table and motioned for Shade to come over.

Vinyl turned on some dubstep at a low volume so that they could barely hear it. Shade uttered words of disapproval with each track.

"You know what..." Shade said. "I think I have just what I need. Hand me that cord." Vinyl complied and somehow picked it up. Shade took it and plugged it into his helmet.

It played music that was wonderful for dancing to, which is why Shade picked it. Both Lyra and Vinyl danced averagely as Shade was expertly busting moves. They mares stopped dancing and stared at Shade, mouths agape as his dancing seemed to defy gravity.

Shade continued his insanely amazing dancing until the very end of the song. He finished of by jumping into the air and doing a front-flip.

Both Lyra and Vinyl still couldn't speak. Shade looked over and said, taking of his helmet and shaking the sweat out of his bright hair, "I was a good dancer back on Earth."