• Published 11th May 2012
  • 1,235 Views, 32 Comments

The Musical Giant - sniper125



A young rapper is given an opportunity to start over in a brand new world with a brand new friend.

  • ...
4
 32
 1,235

P.V. Tea

Chapter 5: P.V. Tea

"Why Vinyl! Austin! It's great to see you again!" Mario said cheerfully.

"Hey Mario, got any open seats for us? We're starving!" Vinyl exaggerated her hunger.

"But of course! I always save a table just in case you drop by!" Mario was about to turn to lead us but stopped when he spotted Ditzy.

"Oh ho ho, who do we have here?" Ditzy hid behind me as usual.

"Oh yeah! Mario, meet Ditzy. Ditzy, this is Mario." I side stepped so they were facing each other.

"Pleasure to meet you Miss Ditzy! Please follow my wife to your table!" She nodded lightly and followed us throughout the building.

We each ordered what we wanted and sat back to wait for the food. During our wait Vinyl and I figured this was a great time to get to know Ditzy even more.

"So Ditzy, mind telling us about yourself?" Ditzy's face turned solemn at hearing the question.

"You don't have to tell us anything you don't want to you know." I gave her a pat on the back which seemed to calm her slightly.

"It's alright, as you know I have this disorder where my eyes are unfocused and it makes my sight a little off..." We both nodded in understanding.

"Well, many of the fillies I knew from school thought my eyes made me look dumb, so they would pick on me and call me names..." her gaze fell to the table for a few seconds before popping back up.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I must be depressing you guys with my story!" She started to laugh quietly.

"Not at all Ditzy, we love learning about your past!"

"No no, I'll save that story for later. What else do you want to know?"

Seeing that she wasn't going to break anytime soon, I decided to change the subject.

"Ok then, what kinds of things do you like?"

10 Minutes Later...

Our food was soon delivered by Mrs. Gambino. The store was getting rather busy so she waved goodbye as she moved to another table.

I look at Ditzy's plate and saw nothing but muffins of every kind.

"I take it you like muffins Ditzy?" Her eyes lit up and a big smile crossed her face.

"Of course, I don't think I could live without muffins! So warm and moist..." Drool started to trickle down her mouth as she gleamed at her food.

The food was so delicious we only took about ten minutes to finish everything. Before we left I bought Ditzy another box of muffins for her to take home.

Vinyl waved goodbye and headed home so I could walk Ditzy back to her own house since it was getting late. I slowly strolled down the main street with Ditzy floating just above my shoulder.

We soon reached a point in the road where some of the street lights seemed to have blown out. Ditzy came back to the ground so she could stick closer to me.

Everything was as quiet save for the occasional wind that blew through. Ditzy would jump whenever an empty bottle or can clattered around in the alleys.

We were now at a point in the road where it was so dark I could barely see more than a few yards
in front of me. In the distance however I could just barely make out the silhouettes of several ponies.

The group of shadows began to swagger towards us. I could hear a lot of snickering and whispering.

"M-maybe we should go another way Jeremy..." Ditzy pulled at my shirt with her teeth.

"Don't be silly, I'm sure we'll be fine if we just mind our own business." I led her further down the street and closer towards the group.

At first I thought we were going to get by when the noise suddenly died along with the group's walking. I turned my head to see them all staring at me with my arm around Ditzy's neck.

One of them in particular approached me with an ignorant swagger to his step. Once closer I noticed he was actually a large stallion unlike the rest which consisted of a few colts and mares.

"Damn fellas, if it isn't Derpy! What do you think you're doing here at this hour?" My expression showed my annoyance towards him.

"Please, just let us pass Double Tap..."

"Watch it Derpy, we don't want to have to teach you your place again." The stallion glared at her; making her cringe.

My temper was being tested as the other ponies laughed at us.

"Better watch your mouth jackass if you want to leave this circle without any broken bones." I threatened him angrily.

"I wouldn't be so confident Mr. Basssnake. I heard about what you did to my buddy earlier but I thought you would be a little bigger!" Another round of snickering followed his remark.

"I don't need to be big to kick your flank back to where you came!" The crowd let out an "oooohh" which seemed to irritate the stallion.

"Just 'cause you can rap doesn't make you the toughest guy around. Hanging out with that retard over doesn't help much either!"

Ditzy let out a shriek when I leaped at the stallion and socked him in the jaw. Unlike the other colts from earlier the stallion only took one step back.

His face scrunched up more in anger than pain when he returned the blow two-fold. I fell backwards and almost hit the ground if Ditzy hadn't caught me.

"Don't do this Jeremy, I don't want you to get hurt over me!"

"For once Derpy has some common sense! Better listen if you know what's good for you."

I growled at him as Ditzy helped me to my feet. As soon as I had got my balance I walked back up to him so that we were somewhat eye to eye.

I took a moment to consider my next move. He simply laughed as I turned towards Ditzy and started to walk away.

"Ha! I knew you weren't such a- UGH!" I interrupted him with a kick to the side of his head.

Unlike last time the stallion stumbled backwards and crashed into part of the group. Some of the colts tried to help him up but I knocked him out cold. I looked another group in the eyes.

"Move. Now." They all dashed out of my way and towards their leader.

Ditzy quickly flew after me until we were out of sight. It wasn't long before we reached the road that led to her house. Before she could leave I grabbed her hoof.

"Are you ok Ditzy? Nobody hurt you did they?" She smiled lightly.

"I'm fine... thank you so much for standing up for me, I don't know what I would have done if you weren't there."

"Who was that anyways? It seemed he knew you from before." Her eyes shifted to the ground and her ears drooped down.

"His name's Double Shot, he runs the closest thing to a gang in Ponyville. Most of the time they just hang out at the club and do what they please."

"Why doesn't Princess Celestia try to stop them or anything?" Ditzy just shrugged.

"They don't really bother anybody so I guess Celestia doesn't see a reason to."

"Well they seem to bother YOU plenty. Maybe I can try and send Princess Celestia a letter about what they've been doing to you." Ditzy looked at me with an enormous smile and big eyes.

"I can't believe you would so far as to talk to Princess Celestia just for somepony like me!" I smirked as she nuzzled my neck lightly.

"It's no problem at all! It's getting really late and Vinyl is probably worrying so I'll see you around soon."

"I'd like that very much, see you later Jeremy!" We both waved goodbye as we went opposite ways down the road.

'I sure hope she can overcome this.' I thought to myself...

10:00 PM

The lights inside were still on when I opened Vinyl's front door. I turned them off and crept upstairs to her room.

I watched as she lied underneath her covers. Gentle snoring escaped her form which was cuddling a pillow.

Not wanting to wake her; I slipped underneath the covers and wrapped my arms around her. She readjusted herself before going right back to sleep in my arms...

The Next Morning...

I awoke to a loud crash coming from right outside the bedroom. Vinyl must had woken up before since she wasn't next to me anymore so I rushed outside to make sure she was alright.

Halfway down the hall however... I was suddenly blinded by a sea of red and yellow.

"Howdy Jeremy, I hope ya didn't forget about me!" Apple Bloom exclaimed.

"Were we suppose to do something today? You're going to have to remind me."

"We're suppose t' play together today silly! So come on, let's go!" She dragged me down the hall and into the recording studio where Vinyl was adjusting some of the microphones.

"It's about time you woke up! Applebloom was about to burst from waiting!" Vinyl teased me.

"So will you two be going now?" I scratched the back of my head.

"I suppose so, I'll be back in time for us to have some time alone though!" That brought a smile to her face.

"If that's so then you should hurry so you have as much time as possible!"

She blew me a kiss as Applebloom again dragged me out the house and down the road to Sweet Apple Acres...

I was gasping for breath once we finally reach the farm. Applebloom on the other hand was perfectly fine after the nonstop run she pulled me into.

"So what game do ya’ wanna play now Jeremy?" she started to hop around me as I thought and caught my breath.

"How about we play a little game from my world?" her eyes sparkled at the idea.

"Sure thing Jeremy, what kinda game is it?"

Before I could answer I found myself on the ground with something sitting on my back. I tried to get up but my neck was quickly brought into a death grip from behind.

“Oh my gosh! I didn’t think you were serious about knowing Basssnake!” In an act of desperation for air I grabbed what was on top of me and turned so it was on my chest instead.

As I guessed my attacker was another small filly; her purple mane strangely complimented her orange body very well.

“My name’s Scootaloo and I’m your biggest fan! Mental Giant is one of the best songs I’ve ever heard!”

“Uh thanks, I suppose you’re a friend of Applebloom’s?” She hopped off of me and nodded excitedly.

“Yep, we’ve been friends ever since kindergarten!” she dashed towards Applebloom and wrapped her up this time.

“Scootaloo, don’t forget about me!” I turned around to where another small white filly stood atop of a few crates so that she was just above my head. Something about her reminded me of somepony else though…

“Who might you be?” I asked politely, she hopped of and lifted her hoof with a smile. I gently shook it with a return grin.

“My name’s Sweetie Belle, I’m Rarity’s little sister.” I knew she looked like somepony I knew! Her large purple mane should have told me enough.

“Any who, is it alright if we play too?”

“Why sure, the more the merrier! What game were ya’ talkin’ about Jeremy?”

“Have you ever heard of four-square?...”

2 Hours Later…

“You’re cheating Scootaloo! You can’t use your wings to get the ball!” Sweetie Belle pouted in her square which connected to each of our own chalk drawn boxes.

“You’re just mad that I’m better than you!” Scootaloo remarked proudly.

“Now now girls, the rules say you have to stay in the lines. However, why don’t you try to play without your wings Scootaloo?” I stepped between the frustrated fillies in case things went too far.

“I bet ya’ just scared that you can’t win without ‘em!” Applebloom egged her on with a giggle.

“I am not! Okay Jeremy, I can win even without them!”

She seemed to be right as we soon started the game again and Applebloom was out after around 6 passes around the square. Sweetie Belle did her best to keep up but it soon turned into a duel between the two as I was left to observe from my own square.

Sweetie Belle hit the ball into a far corner that seemed to be just out of Scootaloo’s reach but she quickly leaped in front and hit it right back over the line. We were all so shocked that no one noticed the ball tap the ground a second time and roll out of the ring.

“Yes, I win! I told you I was the best!” Scootaloo was preparing for her celebration but I cleared my throat to get her attention.

“I hope you haven’t forgotten about me!” Her eyes narrowed back into her game face.

I dropped the ball on the ground and smacked it to her square which was diagonal to mine. She responded with a hit that sent the ball sailing just above the ground and hitting right on my side of the line.

I stretched my hand and was able to have the ball bounce up into the air and back to her side. We continued to exchange blows until my feet grew so tired that I tripped over them while trying to return a fast ball she sent my way. I slid on the dirt as the ball bounce off into the barn and into it’s container.

“Now I’m the true champ of four-square! Rainbow Dash will be so proud of me!” She zipped around us with energy I didn’t see in her before.

I just chuckled while the other two fillies sat with their arms crossed tightly across their bodies. Sweetie Belle sighed and grabbed the top of Scootaloo’s head, stopping her where she stood.

“Alright Scootaloo, it’s time to go home now!” The orange pegasus whined but trudged along behind her unicorn friend that waved goodbye before disappearing over a hill that led towards town.

“That was fun Jeremy! We should that game again with the rest of my family!” Applebloom hopped behind me as I headed towards her house.

“I don’t know, Big Mac might cut me in half with one serve.” We both laughed until we reached the door to find Applejack rocking in a pure white porch swing.

“I saw ya’ll havin’ fun over there.” She grinned at me to show that she had witnessed my little mishap earlier.

“We sure did Applejack! That was one of the best games ever!” Applebloom waved her arms to express her excitement but then yawned.

“Well, I think it’s about time for ya’ nap Applebloom.”

“But I’m too old for naps!” The little filly protested between yawns.

“Now now, if you just go rest I’m sure ya’ll feel much better.” She pushed Applebloom inside with me following close behind.

The filly eventually gave in and waved from her bedroom door upstairs. I waved back as she closed her door lightly.

“Thanks again for coming to play with Applebloom; it really means a lot to the both of us.” She led me throughout the house and to a small sitting area near the back of the house.

“It’s really no trouble Applejack, your sister is a lot of fun to play with!” I sat in a small chair made out of woven strips of wood. (idk wtf you call it) Applejack walked to a small cooler that sat by the back door.

“Care for some cider? We have a new brand that has extra spices in it!” She tossed me an ice cold bottle of golden liquid with a label that read Big Macintosh’s Vintage Brew. I took a test sip even though I was already confident in its taste.

“Wow Applejack, this taste’s incredible! The extra spices help warm me up after it cools me off!” I downed the rest of the bottle and tossed it into a nearby bin that was partially filled with similar bottles.

“Thanks, my brother and I have been working on it for a long time now! Ya the first one outside the family to taste it.” She finished her own drink and tossed away her bottle.

“So how have you been Jeremy? I can’t imagine what the life of a musician is like.” Applejack rested her chin on her hooves as I answered.

“I’ve probably had the best time of my life, there may have been a few bumps in the road but I’ve met even more friends in just a couple days!”

“How is your music career going along though? Twilight told me ya’ll are getting rather popular around town.”

“I suppose so, people seem to enjoy us and to me that’s what matters most. Of course the money’s rather nice.” We both laughed lightly to each other.

“Well, I’d love to hear what makes ya’ so popular around here; do ya’ know any radio stations that might have ya’ on?” I thought for a second as Applejack lightly tossed me a small radio set. I turned the tuning dial until the marker went to channel 95.7.
Static filled the air for a few seconds but the connection was made after some fine tuning. The low tone of a colt could be heard from the small speakers.

“If you’re just joining us then welcome to 95.7 The Vibe, your stop for the newest hits! Next up,
DJ PON-3 and her new standout partner Basssnake with their new single ‘Mental Giant’!”

While Applejack’s expression started out cheerful with anticipation, it soon digressed as the song went along. Once the song had ended she rubbed her temple to show she had a headache.

“Something told me you wouldn’t like that song too much.” I laughed and tossed her another bottle to calm her nerves.

“Sorry sugarcube, I’ve never been much of a fan of that kind of music.” I laughed more.

“I didn’t think so, but I’m thinking of trying something new later that you might like better.”

“Can’t wait to hear it. Oh will ya’ look at that, it’s already about dinner time!” My eyes went wide and I stood up quickly.

“Oh no! Sorry Applejack, but I have a date with Vinyl and I don’t want to miss it!” She followed me out the door and waved cheerfully as I raced down the road…

Back at Vinyl’s House…

I ran up to the front doorstep and calmed myself before opening the door. I was immediately greet by a big hug from Vinyl that caused me to stumble backwards slightly.

“Welcome home Jeremy! I was getting worried you forgot about me!” She kissed my cheek and giggled.

“Of course I wouldn’t, how has your day been?” Her grin grew wider.

“Great, guess where we got invited to!”

“Where?” From her sparkling eyes I could tell it must be nice.

“Pinkie Pie invited us to perform at the Sugarcube Corner! She’s famous for having the best parties in all of Ponyville!”

I didn’t know who Pinkie Pie was or where the Sugarcube Corner was, but I didn’t have much choice as Vinyl led me immediately outside and down the road towards Town Square and beyond.
After only a few minutes of running Vinyl slowed until we found ourselves in front of a large house that strongly resembled a gingerbread house with large cupcakes stacked on top. Various colors of light flashed past each window as we approached the open doorway.

Before I took my first step inside a bright pink mare with a large, poofy, mane literally bounced towards us from behind a corner.

“Hey there Vin- I mean PON-3! I’m so glad you two could make it! The DJ on now has been waiting for you!” She brought us both into an almost back-breaking hug that cut off our air completely. We slid out of her grip in order to catch our breath and composure.

“Hey Pinkie, we wouldn’t have missed this party for the world! This is Jeremy he’s-“

“The first human to have ever been recorded in Equestria, your performing and business partner, not to mention your boyfriend!” The pink mare continued hopping around us with a very giddy expression.

“Nice to meet ya Jeremy! Oh I’m sorry, Basssssnake!” She giggled even more when she spoke my name.

“Uh likewise, you said the DJ wanted to see us?” Her face went serious instantly.

“Oh my gosh that’s right! Follow me to the stage!” We both followed her throughout the crowd of dancing ponies. Some noticed who we were and scrambled to give us room.

We stopped at a large circular platform that was raised above everything else.

"It's about time you got here!" The DJ pressed a button that made the top section turn to us and unsurprisingly it was Shadow Clover.

"What's up man? If we knew you were here we would have come sooner!”

He smirked and pressed a button that turned the stage so an opening with a ladder was in front of us which we climbed immediately.

"So what are we going to do Shadow? I'm pumped for something hardcore." His smirk grew as he flipped a cover for a certain button and pressed it lightly.

At first I didn't know what had happened but then the entire floor vibrated and began to slowly separate.

As the gap between Shadow and us widened a stage began to form on the ground. He waved at me and pointed to the stage as a signal for me to get down.

I did as he said and grabbed a mic before hopping down. Right after I did both of the top sections turned so that the turntables faced each other.

Vinyl gave me a form of a thumbs up once she had adjusted all of the settings to her liking so I could start the show.

"How's everypony doing to tonight?!" The already booming crowd started to jump up and down with excitement.

"Well alright then, 'cause we got something real intense going down!" I waved at Smooth to make him come up to the stage. OH and D-Loco could be seen in the back trying to make their way to the front as well.

Once Smooth was up Shadow tossed him a mic.

"Yo man why you got me up here?" His eyes told me he had already figured it out.

"Well I've been thinking it's time we had a little competition to see who's best!" The crowd cheered in approval.

"Aight man, let's see who's best!" Vinyl and Clover locked eyes for a few seconds and started mixing a beat that seemed to synchronize perfectly.

Once the beat lowered down Vinyl took control as I started my verse...

(Tupac nigga!)

I added emphasis to the last word as Shadow then took control with a slightly altered but similar beat. Smooth then stepped up to give his verse that seemed to flow just perfectly.

(Smooths section)

The beats again merged into one as the crowd seemed split on who was better when a line formed down the center. Vinyl took control again by transitioning into a completely new track...

The show went on for awhile before everyone merged again into one song. Vinyl hopped down as well while Clover took control again.

We danced close together for what felt like an eternity of pure enjoyment. Once people had begun leaving Vinyl led me to the back where a swing door opened into a large kitchen.

Instead of a kitchen full of metal racks and ovens like I expected, the kitchen seemed more like one you'd find in any normal home though slightly bigger of course.

"Hey Vinyl, that was such an amazing job you guys did! Probably the best performance ever!" Pinkie Pie popped out from behind a counter in the middle of the room and hugged us both tightly.

"Uh thanks Pinkie, but would you mind giving us some time alone?" Vinyl replied while gently pushing the hyper mare back into the main room.

Once the doors were closed again Vinyl looked at me with a sly grin.

"What are you planning Vinyl?" I asked with a certain thought in mind already.

"I think you can guess, I'm sorry if you're not ready but I cant hold on much longer!" She lunged at me and kissed me passionately on the lips.

I reacted quickly and pulled her closer and opened my mouth wider to deepen the kiss. Her tongue wrapped itself around my own as we fell to the floor in a loving embrace…

Comments ( 19 )

I think the woven wood chairs are called wicker.:twilightsmile:

have you ever heard 'Jump' by a one Mr. Criminal?
its cool
listen to it

do i sense...............clop approaching

616618 ooh I might have to use this sometime! :coolphoto:

616635 Maaaybe :ajsmug:

616670 i'll hold you to that :ajsmug:

616670cool
look for Lil Rob too he's a cool guy:twilightsmile:

last parts super funny :rainbowkiss: i thing a horn boner is coming on

Awesome story! Can't wait to read more of it! :rainbowkiss:

Awesome story. Very entertaining. Can't wait to read more. :rainbowlaugh:

If you need any proof readers let me know. I taught English in university and love going to clubs, so I would be more than happy to beta for you.

936452 Thanks for the compliment! I'm not sure if I want a proof reader at this point of time but I'll consider you if I ever think of getting one! Thanks for the watch as well. :pinkiehappy:

why are you not continuing this?

1035555 I simply have too many things to write right now. I actually am working on this some what.

Why is this not being continued?

2555732 I am going through a lot of family issues and I am on hiatus for a little while longer so I can settle them all

2622145 I really do hope you solve those problems. I am also looking forward to your continuation of this absolutely delightful and entertaining story :derpytongue2::rainbowlaugh:

i sure do hope you do more chapters on this story:heart:

Login or register to comment