• Published 11th May 2012
  • 1,236 Views, 32 Comments

The Musical Giant - sniper125



A young rapper is given an opportunity to start over in a brand new world with a brand new friend.

  • ...
4
 32
 1,236

Music's Comforting Embrace

Chapter 1: Music's Comforting Embrace

I have lived what you would call a "simple life". I work a dead end job at an old general store, live in an average apartment with crappy neighbors; my car can barely even hold itself together. Despite this my life used to be amazing...
When I was a child the only thing in the world I cared about was my mother. She raised me with my father for over half my life.

We couldn't afford the best of things but her attitude always kept our spirits up. My father loved her too; every night we would all sit in front of the TV and listen to the many music videos antennae could provide.
I soon began to grow an interest in the art that was music. I kept my dream a badly hidden secret so my mom wouldn't feel bad for not being able to afford any instruments...

But I was given a huge shock on my 9th birthday when I unwrapped a large box holding a sleek, black bass guitar within the cardboard covers.

She always knew that the bass was my favorite part in very song and told me that she and my father had been saving little by little to get the best bass in the city.
I wrapped my arms around them both and thanked them repeatedly for the rest of the night. Once I was able to calm down I sat on my small bed and opened up the instruction book. The guitar came with a small amp so all I needed to focus on was learning how to play.

It took awhile but I was finally able to play basic songs without making mistakes. My mother could always hear me through the thin walls but wanted to see me play just for her. My father was very impressed but had a hard time showing his feelings.
It didn't matter to me since I knew how he felt inside and I was happy. The night I played for her in our living room may have been the happiest night of my life. I wasn't able to sing anything for I couldn't find a good song to play for my mother, so I simply went freestyle for about five minutes.

As soon as my performance was finished my mother pounced on me and pelted me with kisses. We both laughed as we laid there. But she looked up to the clock and noticed that it was thirty minutes past my bedtime.
I was then swiftly sent to bed as I did indeed feel exhausted. I slowly slid underneath my covers as my mother gently kissed my forehead. "I'm so proud of you..." was all she said before client my door behind her. That was all I needed to fill my heart with happiness.

Many more happy times revealed themselves to me as I grew up. Although I never really made friends at school, I still had my parents and that was all that mattered to me at the time. Of course this was all before the accident...
The scene was like that of an old drama that you would see on TV or read in books. An enormous storm was raging across the city with winds as strong and sharp as knives being thrown by an assassin.

My mother was on her way home from picking up my father from the local pub across town. The water bashing down on her windshield reduced her already cloudy vision down to only a few meters in front of the car.
This led to her missing the red light for one of the most dangerous intersections in the state. The police tried to tell me what had happened but I just ignored him. My mother was dead, my father was dead, who cared how they died if they were DEAD!

I thanked the officer for telling me and walked him to the door. He looked me carefully in the eyes before asking me where I would go. I just shrugged and told him I needed to think by myself for awhile. Being 16 I was legally allowed to live on my own and my parents were able to pay off the lease to the apartment so my living arrangements were fine.

But do I want to live here? My mother has just died and I'm worried about where I'll live? My limit was finally reached as I fell to my knees sobbing. The floor soon became slick from the pool of tears collecting under my face. I didn't want to live here but I had no choice, I was forced to endure the memories.

Ever since that day I tried my best to move on with my life. I began socializing with other musicians and started to learn about new types of music. Nobody really caught my eye in particular but I did learn to take a liking to this new type called 'rap'.

The fast lyrics and catchy beats amazed my simple mind. It wasn't long before I began learning about mixing and rapping to a beat. My friends would sit around me in a circle as I practiced learning the lyrics to new songs that I liked.

I didn't really like writing my own things but everyone would always ask if I had written any rhymes. It seemed like I was finally able to move on with my life. Despite getting into the new fad, I still played my bass every night before bed.
I would occasionally sing along with no particular direction until the pain in my fingers forced me to stop. The bass was the only thing I kept to remind me of her, so I kept it hidden away in my closet so nobody could touch it. Few of my friends had ever seen my bass guitar and none of them had ever heard me play. I would make up an excuse or lie to get out of playing for them. The pain was too much...

But now I am an adult who is out of high school and trying to make a living. All of my friends either went off to college or left to try and find careers in music. I wanted to go and follow my dream but money problems made it impossible.
My daily routine is the same as it has been for the past two years and I didn't think it would change. The only fun thing I did was go to local bars and DJ for no pay. But today was a different day, today was the day that my world changed for the weirder.

I was about to leave my house to get the mail since my boss had given me the day off when a long envelop floated down to my feet. Being the curious man I was I picked up the letter carefully. The designs on the envelope were unlike anything I had ever seen. Along the edges were majestic designs of what looked like... unicorns? I flipped over to the other side and was surprised to see that it was addressed to me!

Forgetting the other mail I closed my door and plopped down into my old recliner and gently removed the small wax seal. Inside was a small piece of folded paper that once unfolded turned it into a large document. My eyes grew wide as I began reading the letter.

"Dear Mr. Lockwood,

I have contacted you to make you a glorious offer. I am the ruler of a world that you could never imagine, a world filled with beautiful lands and caring citizens. This letter has been sent because we would be most honored to have you join our community. If you wish to live in our world, you must take this letter to the tallest oak tree in what your kind refers to as "Peachgrove Park". You must then return home and wait until morning for us to retrieve you. I hope you consider our offer and hope to meet you soon.

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia, Ruler of Equestria"

My jaw was hanging open once I finished the letter. Was there really a chance that I could leave this god forsaken town? I was skeptical about the whole thing but if this was fake then the person who wrote it had some serious issues because the letter looked amazing.

But another question popped up, 'Why me?' What made them choose me over anyone else? I've never had any close friends and my life was far from glamorous. My brain had finally snapped from the thoughts and I found myself walking down the empty road towards the darkly lit park. I searched around until I found an old tree that appeared to have lived there for many centuries. I walked around it until I found a root that seemed large enough to keep the letter clean from any dirt or mud.

After looking around to see if anyone was watching, I stood up and slowly jogged home with my mind on nothing but the letter. Once home I hurried to my bed and tried to fall asleep. But ideas packed my mind and prevent my eyes from closing into the pleasant slumber that was sleep.
However, after an hour of tossing and turning I suddenly had an immense force drag me into unconsciousness. Right before my eyes completely closed I noticed a shadow walk across my face but I was already asleep and could do nothing to fight back...

Some Time Later...

I slowly opened my eyes to find myself in a large white room. Beds lined the walls and each one had a small end table that held a tiny lamp. I assumed this was some hospital and tried to see if there were any doctors around.
With no one in sight, I quietly stood up and tip-toed my way to the back door. Halfway there I heard a loud voice come from behind.

"It's nice to see that you are awake Mr. Lockwood." Thinking nothing of it, I turned around and was shocked to see a slender white unicorn standing in front of me.

"Holy crap!!" I stepped backwards but tripped and fell on my backside but continued to back up.

"Where the heck am I? Who are you? What's going on?!" My mind was going into a panic, the unicorn just stood there and waited for me to calm down. Once I finished with my rambling, she began to speak softly.

"Please stay calm as I tell you this Mr. Lockwood... You have been teleported to the land of Equestria. Our world is far from your own and we have brought you here so you may start life anew."

"But why would you choose me? I'm far from a special person." I was still in awe of what was being told to me.

"That is exactly why we chose you, I have been watching you personally for quite awhile now, you have an extreme talent when it comes to music. But your misfortune has prevented you from exploiting it to its full potential. We have brought you here because despite all that has happened to you, you never showed a hint of selfishness towards others. While your friends went off to live their dreams you stayed behind and worked just to stay alive. But despite that you would give money to the even less fortunate, helped elderly without any form of pay, and many more things. You are a man who deserves better than what life has given you. So please accept our offer to stay here." Her eyes showed nothing but passion and caring as I considered my options. I only needed a minute to make my decision.

"Alright, I humbly accept your kind offer." The white unicorn's eyes lit up with excitement after hearing my response.

"Splendid! Please follow me as I show you our world." I gave a small smile and followed her out of the main door.

As it turned out I happened to have been inside the princess's main infirmary at the royal palace. However she forgot to mention where the palace was located... I walked out through the main gate and almost soiled myself as I would have fallen to my death if the princess had not grabbed me. I looked up and realized that the entire city rested on a group of CLOUDS!

"Amazing, how is this possible? In my world clouds could never hold anything let alone a city!" Celestia giggled lightly before explaining.

"Well, as you can see these are not ordinary clouds. Long ago my mother and father created these special clouds out of pure magic so that they could support an entire city. The main purpose of the city's location is to have a good view of all the land." I was about to ask how they communicated but I stopped when I noticed the long majestic wings on her back. Instead I asked a better question.

"So where will I be living in this world?" I assumed she already had everything planned out for me.

"Well, due to your interests and talent we decided the best place for you would be with the local musician in Ponyville. You see, Ponyville is full of culture with many writers and artists. But the pony we wish you to live with is the only successful musician in the entire town… If you two work together, Ponyville may finally learn the magic and power of music!"

I hesitated before I answered, but where else could I go? It's not like I really knew my way around and I definitely didn't want to live in a place where one wrong step could kill me.

"That's very kind of you; I'd love to help teach the residents about music. But I need my bass guitar." She gave me a small smirk.

"Ah your instrument, we have already had it brought with you and it will arrive at the home of your roommate." I couldn’t hold in my excitement as I wrapped my arms around her and thanked her over and over again.

She laughed and nuzzled my neck before we decided it was time to meet my new partner. I was led to a large carriage powered by two muscular stallions. I opened the door and allowed the princess to enter first.
She bowed her head as a sign of thanks. Once were both inside the carriage began to move as we soon gently glided down to the town.

It was a quaint little group, small houses and shops lined the streets that surrounded a small park. Little foals joyfully played on the many hills and equipment designed for ponies. The parents however quickly bowed their heads as the princess passed, they then looked up and all gave me a confused look.

"What a nice looking town, the 'people' seem nice too.” We both smiled at the bad joke right before we reached the house. I was told to stand behind Celestia until the current resident could hear the explanation.

It took only a few seconds after knocking for the door to swing open.

"Who are you and what do you... Princess Celestia!" I looked over her shoulder and saw one of the most adorable specimens I had ever laid eyes on.

She had a bright blue mane that seemed to be brushed back against her straight white body. I noticed a picture of an eighth note on both of her flanks. I still had no clue what those symbols meant.

"I apologize for showing up without notifying you, but I have a serious issue to discuss. Come on out Mr. Lockwood." The white pony lifted her head up and gasped as soon as I stepped into the open.

"Who and what is that?" I chuckled to myself as Celestia explained.

"HIS name is Jeremy Lockwood and he will be your new roommate. He is a human that I have brought here to help you bring music to all of Ponyville. I hope you are alright with this and the palace can pay for any expenses." The pony shook off her confusion and walked up to me.

She lifted her hoof, which I gently shook. "My name's Vinyl Scratch. It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Lockwood.”

“Please, call me Jeremy, and it is nice to meet you too." Both of us smiled after I released her hoof. Celestia could tell this would be fine and told us my things would be delivered shortly.

We both waved as the princess boarded the carriage and flew back through the clouds towards the palace.
Vinyl was clearly nervous as she showed me around her house. I was amazed to see that she had a full recording studio filled with turntables and soundboards.

"So I take it you're a DJ?" She looked at the equipment strewn about and turned slightly red.

"Yeah, ponies are kind of limited on what instruments they can play. That's the main reason music is so hard to come by in this region." I laughed uneasily and went over to closer inspect the equipment.

"I can't wait to start working with you; this equipment says you're serious about music." Her ears perked up and she puffed her chest out after hearing my compliment and headed towards the doorway.

"I can't wait to see what you can do either. But for now let me show you your room." It was a short walk down the same hallway before Vinyl stopped suddenly in front of a small white doorway. She pushed the door open and allowed me in.

The entire room was bright blue like her mane with a white trim. To the right there was a large bed with covers that matched the walls. It had a simple headboard that was of course pure white. The entire ambience was calm and somewhat cheerful.

“I like your style!” She laughed before replying.

“Sure, I just figured it was the easiest colors to come up with. Anyways, this will be your room; there’s a bathroom around the corner and you can do whatever you want with this room just short of destroying it.”

“Thanks, it means a lot to me that you’re so willing to let a complete stranger like me into your home.” A kind smile grew on her face quickly.

“Well your welcome, I’ll leave you here so you can get situated. I’ll get you when your things arrive.” It was my turn to smile as she swiftly turned around and left me to my thoughts.

The bed was a lot softer than I had thought it was. My body was engulfed by the mattress’s soft comforter and it gave me a warm sense of security. Many thoughts raged across my mind as I tried to piece together everything that had happened the past couple days.

Was this all real? I’d been spending my whole life in pain and sadness but now it had all changed in a matter of days! Now I’m living in a new world where nobody knows me and I can finally live life the way I want to.

What made me more deserving than somebody else? I guess it doesn’t matter now, I’m the one who was given this opportunity and I’m sure as hell going to make the best of it. I looked at a plain digital clock and noticed that it was only 3:00 PM. Figuring it would be an hour or so before my things would arrive; I made my way back to the studio.

As soon as I opened the door I was hit by a blast of loud bass. The vibrations from the amps surrounding the room made my entire body shake uncontrollably. But despite that I felt really excited and started bobbing my head to the beat. Never had I heard a song flow as smoothly as this one. The mix of bass and treble levels combined into pure harmony for the ears.

My eyes scanned the room and stopped once they spotted the white unicorn sitting in front of a large soundboard. She had her back turned to me so I walked up behind her and gently shook her. It seemed that I may have nearly gave her a heart attack as she literally jumped out of her seat before turning off the music and looking at me.

“Oh it’s you! You scared me there, is there something you need?”

“I just figured I’d come to chat and get to know you. That was an amazing song by the way.” A small blush again crept onto her face as she looked down.

“Thanks… I was hoping to talk with you too. Like what was your world like? What kinds of music do humans listen too?”

“Well, my world is nothing like this one. In my world many human try to become the best by any means necessary; even if it means hurting others on the way there. But I think there is still a sense of purity deep within, I just won’t live to see it… As for the music humans listen to all kinds of genres. We started out with classical music, then we created the guitar and came up with the music known as rock…” many hours passed as we both taught each other about our cultures.

As it turned out our music was actually pretty similar. Most musicians were unicorns because they had the ability to use magic which helped greatly with using instruments and controls. The only problem Ponyville had was that all of the unicorns preferred using their powers for other arts instead so nobody could make good music besides her.

I also learned that Vinyl played at a club nearby that she would show me on another day. It was one of only a few places where you could go and drink alcohol without bringing it home. Being in a different world meant that technically I could drink alcohol so I was excited to try it but it would have to wait for another time.

Once we were finished talking Vinyl asked me to show her what rap sounded like. I hesitated at first but gave in when she put her hooves under her chin and looked at me with puppy eyes. Damn you god for making these ponies so cute! After setting up the track from what was mostly memory, I began playing a new version my favorite rap.

“This was the first song I ever heard and it was what helped me go through the hardships of life…” The beat started and I waited for the flow to start within me. The bass caressed my body as I started…

Mama
I take you everywhere I go
I thank you’re mine, thats my momma nem
I only know what I know cause of my mama nem
She gave me life and made me me
I don’t know where I’d be without
My auntie nem, my sisters and, my uncle nem
Mama nem

When I got bad grades I was in the heat seat
Got a woopin’ when I used another kids cheatsheet
But when I got a good grade card she bought me Beat street
The single, ayo I had that mug on repeat
Mama nem taught me rythm that I use yep
My uncle nem say’s stay on your P’s and Q’s neph’
Mama talking catch you, if you talking like you deaf
God-fearing still taught me how to two-step
Took me to church, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Than Sunday thinking why me
That was mama nem placin’ the love inside me
Our house was lively
My granny house, 8 girls and 4 boys beside me
Thanking Mama nem, for the weight that you carry
Pulling my teeth with friends sayin “boy you scary”
I ‘memba mama laughin sayin’ “Is it loose?”
“Very”
Pull it then, put cash in my pillow sayin’ it’s the tooth fairy
Mama
I take you everywhere I go
I thank you’re mine, thats my momma nem
I only know what I know cause of my mama nem
She gave me life and made me me
I don’t know where I’d be without
My auntie nem, my sisters and, my uncle nem
Mama nem…

The beat continued for a few more seconds before slowly fading into nothing. My eyes moved to where Vinyl was sitting and I saw a tear falling down her cheek.

"That was beautiful… I never thought a song could touch me so deeply."

"Thank you, I listened to this whenever I thought about my mother... She was an amazing woman, always caring for others and never for herself. I still miss her today..." My eyes also started to become moist.

But the sadness quickly disappeared when I felt something warm on my neck. I glanced up and realized the warm sensation was Vinyl nuzzling my neck.

"I'm so sorry that all of those horrible things happened in your past. I promise to try and make your new life as wonderful as possible..." Happiness and gratitude began to fill my heart when she said that.

"Thank you..."

We stayed like that for a few more minutes before we heard the doorbell ring.

"That must be your things!" Vinyl stepped back so that I could get up and we both walked to the front door.

Upon opening it I found a neat pile of all my important belongings. My bass guitar sat on top of two small amps next to a small drum-set I used to play to try and make beats for my rhymes. The rest was simply some random trinkets that I would mess with from time to time. One box caught my eye however...

My jaw dropped when I caught site of every CD I had ever owned. Even ones that I had lost when I was a child sat underneath the pile of disc cases. I quickly closed the box so we could bring it all inside. Vinyl offered to let me keep my bass in her recording studio but I wanted to keep it close by.

She just nodded and smiled to show that she understood. By the time everything was put away the clock read 11:00 PM. My body seemed to just shut down after seeing the clock as I plopped onto the bed and instantly lost consciousness...

The Next Day...

Never in my life had an alarm made me feel so refreshed. The simple beeping served as a reminder that my new life was still in its first few days!

I excitedly walked down to the kitchen and looked around for anything to eat. A lot of the "food" was hardly considered appetizing to humans. Boxes of hay and dried flowers lined the shelves from side to side. I scanned the entire pantry until my view locked onto a small box of mini apple pies. They weren't exactly health food by any means but it seemed more nutritious than eating grass.

I found a plate and walked over to the medium-sized dining table to eat. I was almost finished when I heard the clatter of hooves on tile behind me. I turned around and was unsurprised to find that it was indeed Vinyl. Her mane had frizzes running up and down her body and it was obvious she was not a morning pony.

"Good morning." I said with a smile. She glanced at me and just smiled lightly and nodded.

She pulled out a box of dried oats and poured some into a bowl before getting some milk out of the refrigerator. Once the oats were ready she took a seat next to me.

"Sorry I look like a mess. I'm not used to having a roommate..." How could anything look so cute?

"Don't worry about it. This is your house after all so you should be able to do whatever you want."

"Thanks, speaking of appearance, I was thinking of taking you to a friend of mine so we could try to get you some more clothing."

"What's wrong with my outfit?" I gave her a fake frown that must have looked very convincing.

"Nothing! I just figured you would want more than a few things to wear since human prefer to always wear clothes."

"I'm just messing with you." I laughed "…and I think that's great idea." She nodded and stood back up,

"Well then, we can leave in a few minutes once I get ready." I finished eating as Vinyl fixed her hair and found her glasses. I didn't know why but those glasses looked incredible on her!

Just the general glow it gave off from the sun was enough to mesmerize anypony that tried to look her in the eyes. I opened the front door for her which she then smiled and thanked me. I did a mock bow that caused her to giggle lightly.
Vinyl's friend's shop wasn't very far, so it was only a few minutes before we reached our destination. A small bell chimed as we opened the glass door.

Within seconds a slender white mare waltzed out from behind a rack of dresses. I noticed that her symbol or "Cutie Mark” was that of three diamonds so I kind of figured she was a high class pony.

"Hey Rarity, I've found you a new customer!"

"Oh Vinyl dear you know you don't have to go out advert... Oh my! What is this we have here?" I smiled and offered my hand for a handshake.

"Jeremy Lockwood, it's nice to meet you Ms. Rarity."

"He's a human from a planet far away. He'll be living with me from now on so I figured we could try and get him some new clothing." A spark of excitement could be seen in her eyes.

"Well I've never worked on anything besides ponies so I'll have to make some changes but it shouldn't be too hard to make you something fabulous! Since we're on the subject, may I see one of your outfits deary?" I smiled again and pulled out a small pile of clothing.

"I can also help you with human styling if you wish." I offered kindly.

"That sounds like a marvelous idea! But I think it would be best if I worked alone today as it seems you two are having fun together and I don't want to ruin it." She finished the sentence with a wink that caused us to blush.

Rarity was right though, I was having a nice time with Vinyl and it would be a waste to let it end so early. After placing my spare outfit on the counter we both walked out and started strolling around town. Many ponies stopped to look at us before going on about their business. I didn't mind as I'm sure it must have been shocking seeing a completely new creature walking around town with the famous Vinyl Scratch!

But I just ignored them and focused my attention on Vinyl as we continued to walk through town. Vinyl suddenly stopped once we reached a small park on the outskirts of town.

"Would you want to go for a walk on the trail?" Again her ears perked up so I laughed and ran into the thin tree line.

Realizing I had left, she began to chase me through the brush with a new sense of enjoyment.
I hid behind a large willow tree and waited for her to walk by. Right before she walked around the tree I ran the around the other way and pounced on top of her and wrapped my arms around her neck. A loud gasp escaped her mouth as we fell to the ground together. We both laughed as we rolled around on the soft grass underneath the tree that overshadowed everything else.

Our energy soon ran out as I rolled off of her and laid side by side.

"This day has been incredible! It's been too long since I just played around with a friend!" Vinyl rolled onto her side and looked at me.
"I've had a great time too, I never thought we could become such good friends so quickly!"

"What can I say? I'm a great guy!" she rolled her eyes and laughed with me as we stood up. A rumbling sound could be heard from both of our stomachs.

"I guess it is getting late, do you want to get lunch?" My stomach growled again to tell me that was a great idea.

"Sure thing, do you know any good places in town?"

"Well, I'm not sure what they have that you'll like but there's this nice little restaurant near Rarity's shop." My hunger left me with little other options.

"That sounds like a great idea, let's hurry!" We proceeded to run towards town and it was no time at all before we reached the tiny shop.

It resembled a deli you would see in my world. It sat on a street corner and had large glass windows that served as lighting during the morning and afternoon. We were greeted by a slightly husky stallion wearing a small red bow tie on his neck. He wore a smile that radiated cheerfulness.

"Why Vinyl Scratch! I haven't seen your pretty face for awhile! Who is this peculiar creature?" "Hey there Mario! I've missed ya too. This is my friend Jeremy Lockwood, he's a human from another world!"

"Well I'll be... It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Lockwood. My friends call me Mario, but my full name is Mario Gambino III." "Likewise Mr. Gambino, may I call you Mario?" The slightly aged stallion laughed heartily, his short, curly hair bounced when he did.

"Of course my boy! Any friend of Scratch is a friend of mine! so please come in and order whatever you like. It'll be on the house to celebrate meeting a new friend!" We both laughed and thanked him before finding two seats at the bar.

A petite old mare walked up to us in a little white apron with a black visor in her curly red mane that really complimented her slightly pink fur.

"I thought I heard Mario say Vinyl! It's nice to see you again deary, and I see you have a new friend!" I was slightly surprised to see that her face showed no confusion at all.

"Hey Maria, you look like you're doing well. This is my new roommate Jeremy. He came here from a planet called Earth."

"I know sweetie, word spreads quickly around these parts. Especially when it's about the legendary PON-3 walking around with the first human to ever arrive in Equestria!" My mind stayed focused on what she called Vinyl.

"PON-3? Is that your stage name?" Laughter spread between the two mares in front of me.

"Pretty much, don't you have a stage name from where you came from?" I never considered that we never really mentioned anything about our actual careers yet.

"Well, you know I never went pro so I never used a stage name... but I did have an idea for a group name and my stage name." Both mares lifted there glasses to show that they wanted to here me out.

"Well in my world I lived in the middle of my country, so me and some friends tried to make a group called Midwest Click and I would be called Basssnake..."

"That sounds interesting..." Vinyl put her hoof under her chin to express deep thought. After about a minute she finally replied.

"Well, Ponyville IS in the midwestern part of Equestria, so I suppose we could call our pairing Midwest Click! My entire face lit up into a huge smile.

"Are you serious? Thanks so much Vinyl!" She laughed again as I hugged her tightly around the neck.

"Okay you love birds, are you going to order or should I move on to someone else?"

"No we'll order now. I'll have the usual and he'll have an order of apple crisp if that's okay with you?" Saliva started to drip down my chin at the mention of apple crisp.

"Yes please! I love apple crisp!"

"Alright I'll be back real soon. Try to keep your hands off each other until AFTER you leave." Maria left with a giggle as we looked away in embarrassment.

It really did take her no time at all to get our orders. She placed a plate of lettuce and strawberries topped with fresh flower petals while a steaming hot platter of apple crisp was sat in front of me. I eagerly dug into the delectable treat and experienced and explosion of sweetness mixed with a slight hint of sourness. The cinnamon covered apple slices were at the perfect point of moistness and released another wave of delicious flavors.

"Oh wow! Mario is a truly amazing chef!" Maria giggled and told me she would tell him what I said. We quickly finished our meals as it was getting late.

"Thanks again Mario, I'll be sure to come by again soon!" He just smiled and waved as we started walking back home.

"He's a nice guy isn't he?" Vinyl turned and smiled at me.

"Yeah, he's a good colt, how did you meet him and Maria?"

"Well as you know, they run the restaurant in this neighborhood and I went in a long time ago when I was still a foal and he treated me to some free ice cream. I then started come by almost every week to hear these amazing stories that he would tell. I guess it just turned into a habit after awhile. I still enjoy his stories since he always comes up with new ones." That story brought a small tear to my eye.

Not one of sadness though, "That's such a sweet story."

"You think so? Sounds pretty normal to me." Her eyes closed and she smiled lightly.

Time seemed to fly by as we had already reached the house. I again opened the door for her which earned me another thank you. She nudged my side and told me to follow her upstairs. I followed her with a new sense of curiosity. The door to the recording studio's swung open and Vinyl closed it again quickly. I gave her a strange look as she pressed a button that caused a panel in the wall to open and reveal a bottle of what looked like rum, another bottle of pineapple juice, a third bottle of rum, and two glasses.

"I can see where this is going... And I kind of like it." She looked away before speaking.

"I just thought we could have a drink or two to celebrate your arrival..."

"Well I've never had alcohol before, but from the looks of these bottles we'll be making some Caribou Lou."

"How did you know that if you have never drank?" I laughed a little before replying.

"Well, one of my favorite rappers used to have a song about it. I heard it packs a serious punch." I grabbed the tray of bottles from the compartment and started pouring together the liquids into a mixer and shook it up.

I then proceeded to pour the mix into each glass. One whiff was all I needed to know that this might be dangerous for your liver.

"Well, cheers." Vinyl wrapped her hoof around the glass so we could clink them together.

I then made the worst mistake ever and chugged the glass in one go. The alcohol hit my brain like a semi as my vision began to blur. I could hear the faint laughter coming from Vinyl's direction as she continued to sip from her glass.

"Maybe you should wait before getting another round..." I could make out looks of worry in her face but ignored it.

"Don't worry, I feel great!" Three glasses later and I was trashed. Vinyl on the other hand was just over her limit.

I swung my arm around her neck and pulled her closer.

"Chu now woot? Chu ma be ze besht fwend I eva met..." It was obvious I was drunk but Vinyl just nodded and continued drinking her fourth glass.

God could she hold her own in drinking! Once the glass was empty we both hugged each other in our drunken fit and rubbed each others' backs.

"I thank chu da besht guy tu..." We both giggled lazily and kept holding each other. In a state of pure drunkenness I let my head fall on hers.

Little did I know that her lips were right underneath mine. They touched lightly before I couldn't stop and I landed right on her for a full kiss. Both of our eyes went wide and I quickly sat up.

"I'm so sorry!" I tried to think of some way to make this better but then a laugh could be heard coming from Vinyl.

"Don't worry silly, it was just an accident right?" My brain took a second to process what she said and a nervous smile grew on my face.

"Y-yeah, an accident!" We both laughed as we started cleaning up the mess we made and put the bottles back in their hiding spot. Once everything was back to the way it was I told Vinyl goodnight and trudged into my room. Only seconds passed before I lost consciousness for the rest of the night...