• Published 16th Mar 2015
  • 942 Views, 8 Comments

The Blue-Eyed Beast - Mr Anomalous



"And hoarfrost blooms henceforth," she murmered, her icy breath misting and billowing up into the crisp, clear morning air. She gently slid the cold blade across her flesh—and thus let the cold flow into her veins.

  • ...
2
 8
 942

Bestiæ aquilonis

"Sjîk don helvetæ," Phelora muttered to herself.

She was surprised.

She had not heard herself speak Levitikan in months. It was an old tongue of little use; no liturgical value. It was even the language of the enemy, stricly speaking.

Though that war had ended long before she was born, not out of agreement or peace treaty, but out of lack of living humans to fight it.

The Levi tongue, however, remained common in many of the villages she had once known. Such was the influence of that dark empire.

Despite the four-legged creatures hunting for her all night, Phelora had managed to easily mask her prescence with blood.

She, however, had been running out.

Khâldeeran bloodhounds needed much to be thrown off scent.

She spat.

Khâldeera. The source for all her woes.

But also an unlikely indirect ally.

It was the Khâldeeran Creatures of Snow that slaughtered the vast majority of Tiberius's men.

"But none of that matters", she reminded herself.

She appeared to be in a different world entirely.

"Much further north than I had intended."

Phelora crept out of her cave and surveyed the whiteness around. The watchtower was visible in the early morning haze, its torches casting a glow.

Referring to the map she had stolen, Phelora concluded that she needed more to make it. More . . . everything. More food, yes, but that could be found. She needed materials.

Dust and opals, gold and silver, and plum ink, chief among them.

Phelora closed the map and slunk out into the tundra.

Author's Note:

I know that I marked this story as "cancelled", but after opening it up and reading it, I realized that it still had quite a bit of potential.

So perhaps I will begin updating it again.

:D

Comments ( 5 )

I faved this when it got out, so I'm pretty curious as to where you're going with it

How can a story be misanthropic?

7688939 probably by putting humanity in a really bad light. Only focusing on the bad, even taking the bad to an extreme, and pretending the good doesn't exist. Think of extremist feminist writings on misandry. Think that but instead of only putting the hatred towards men, it's a hatred towards all of humanity.

7688939 Worth noting that when this story was first published, this entire site was up in arms against misanthropic stories. And there's a good reason why; a great many people wrote misanthropic stories, to the point at which it was a cliche. Ergo my though to clarify that, no, this girl was not in Equestria to destroy it.

These are awfully short chapters for the story to only have three so far. And, not to be nitpicky, but I'm not sure you needed to add in so many casual references to the human's mystical background in such a short span.

This story shows promise, but I'm very sad that there's so little to read.

Login or register to comment