• Published 8th May 2012
  • 2,845 Views, 61 Comments

Person In PonyLand - Z-A-C



Follow the journey of a young man who finds himself trapped in a new world.

  • ...
17
 61
 2,845

Chapter 9: Headaches

Its been about a week since the party and everything was going great. I had a nice amount of bits from the small jobs around town and I'm living with Fluttershy, I offered to pay rent but she insisted its fine. A few days ago I began to feel a bit off, but I ignored it because I didn't need anything to bring me down. Yesterday though I began hearing voices and whispers, I could only think of one thing. My medication. It wasn't long before I was jittery and acting paranoid, everyone started to get worried. What I was wondering about was the headaches haven't started yet and they are what usually brings on my current behavior, was there another problem I had that I wasn't aware of? I thought back to the asylum I was sentenced to. I never did understand why I was sent there, they said it was because I was violently attacking schoolmates but I don't remember actually attacking them. I only remember being punished, and sometimes even the "victim's" blood on my hands. I need help and I believe I need to see Twilight.

Half way to the library I realized I didn't have my pill bottle. I had left it at home. On the way back I noticed ponies looking at me but this time it was concern, apparently from the looks of me you could tell. maybe I should look in a mirror soon. After a few minutes of walking and ponies telling me I should see a doctor I finally made it back. I went up to the room and looked into the mirror and holy shit I looked a mess. bloodshot and baggy eyes, pale skin, the works.....man I looked horrible. I found my pill bottle and headed towards the library-house. when I arrived Twilight looked worried but I told her that's why I was there

"Twilight do you have any books on mental conditions or illnesses?"

"Well yes but why do want a book like that?"

"Have you seen me?" I asked sarcastically.

"Uh...yeah here you go."

"Thanks. Ok......um.....I cant find anything..."

"What? That's strange....um...what are you symptoms?"

"Jittery and paranoid I usually have severe headaches before though, that's why i'm confused and came here."

"I see hmm.....well being paranoid is paranoia......"

"Duh."

".....and being jittery could be anxiety."

"Yes I know but then black outs?"

"Black outs?"

"Yeah and usually every time I come back someone's severely hurt or sometimes worse."

"Oh my, really?"

"Um...well yes I wouldn't joke around about this."

"I see did you see somepony er uh someone about this."

"Yeah I was sent to an insane asylum and went I was released I was given these but the bottles empty now."

"hmm....I wonder if I could duplicate the recipe for your medicine."

"If you could but don't you think you should ask an actually doctor about that?"

"I will some the ingredients I won't be able to get a hold of but it may be awhile."

"Please Twilight do this as quick as you can I don't want to hurt anyone."

"I'll get on it as soon as possible."

"Thank you, in the mean time I think I might hang out in my cave. What do you think?"

"If you do don't forget to tell Fluttershy, ok?"

"Wouldn't dream of it. See ya later Twilight." And I left towards home to see if Fluttershy was back yet.

--------------

"Fluttershy? You home?!?!" No response she must still I wonder what shes doing. I felt something tapping on my foot, I look down and saw the white rabbit Angel "Do you know she is Angel?" He nodded yes. "You gonna tell me where she is?" he nodded no, I sighed. "Can you give a message its important." He looked at me curiously and slowly nodded yes. "Good. Give her this note please." He ran off and I grabbed my gear and left as well.

Down the path to the forest I saw Applejack at the opening, from the looks she was coming out of the forest.

"Hey Applejack were you in the forest?"

"Howdy partner why yes I was." she looked at me like the other ponies. "Um....Ezekiel you don't think going into the forest in yer current state is a good idea, do ya?"

"I'll be fine A.J." I laughed "So what were you doing?"

"I was just visiting my friend Zecora. Perhaps you should see her." She looked at with concern "I could take you to her if you'd like?"

"No I'll be fine, Just a little bit under the weather is all. I already have Twilight working on something."

"Um...ok then just be back by tonight and go to sugar cube corner at 10, Pinkie wants to see you about something."

"A party probably but ok I'll try not to forget. be seeing ya Applejack."

"See ya later partner."

I had no real intention on going to Pinkie's and I kinda felt bad for lying to Applejack like that but it was for their own good. I had made it to my cave and passed Zecora's hut and she wasn't there. I was beginning to wonder if she didn't really exist. I heard a knock on the door I went over and opened the door.

"Ah Ezekiel the human I presume." Said the zebra at my doorstep. "May I ask, do you have any room?"

"You mean come in?" she chuckled shook her head. "Um...sure come on in" she came in and sat down at the table. "I'm sorry for the mess. I haven't had a chance to dust."

"Do not worry about your home, its not much different than my own."

"Ok cool so did you need something or just visiting?"

"I was wondering why you live here and not with Fluttershy who thinks of you so dear?"

"I do live with her, I just stay here from time to time." I ignored the part about how Fluttershy thinks of me.

"Then if I may ask, do you have no fear or are you just stupid to live here?"

"Excuse me?"

"I did not mean to offend, I only wish to be your friend." that was kinda chessy.

"do you always rhyme when you talk?" she nodded. "I see well I'm not offended but it was nice to finally meet you and to answer your question probably both." I laughed and we talked for a half hour and it was started to get dark so she left. Shes an interesting character that one I was starting to get a....headache......Oh no the headaches are starting again good thing I'm not going back into Ponyville tonight. I laid down to rest, hopefully that will lessen the headache.

--------------

I entered Rarity's shop "Hello darling has your coat tore again?" she asked

"No it hasn't, its perfectly fine."

"Then is there something else I can do for you?"

"Why yes indeed, there are actually five." I pulled out my revolver.

"What ever do you want me to do with that dreadful thing?"

I shot her left front leg. "One." she screamed in pain and tried to limp away. I shot her right front leg. "Two." I said smiling and shot her right hind leg. "Three." She was screaming and crying, I shot her left hind leg. "Four."

"Why are you doing this I thought we got passed our differences?!?!" I started to laugh And take aim at her head when a little filly came running down the stairs. "Oh no Sweetie Belle RUN!!!" She was frozen in fear and confusion

"Oh look an extra favor." I took aim at the filly's head, she began to turn around and I fired. "Boom!! Headshot!" I said as the corpse of Sweetie Belle dropped.

"How could you do such a thing?!?!" I looked back at Rarity.

"Because I'm not in my right mind." I took aim at Rarity's head. "Five." And fired "Thank you Rarity I feel so much better now." I smiled an evil smile as I walked out not looking back at what I had done. "Now to see Applejack."

On the way over to Applejack's I saw Rainbow Dash flying through the sky. "Oh lookie there, a flying target hmm.....just remember to lead the target." I said to myself as I grabbed my rifle off of my back and took aim. "And measure the distance, speed of the target and wind speed. Right......now." I fired and saw the blue pegasus fall. "Right on target." I ran over to where she fell.

"Thank Celestia your here!" she cried. "Can you take me to the hospital. Please I'm in so much pain I can't stand it."

"Aw poor little R.D. she can't stand the pain. Hmm.....I know a cure for that." She looked at me with hope in her eyes.

"You do? Can you do it now please?!"

"Certainly. I happen to have just one pill left and you can have it."

"Oh thank you-thank you-thank y.....wait a minute. What are you doing?!?!?" I had my revolver pointed at her head.

"Medicating ze patient ahahahahaha!!!" And fired. "Hmm....maybe see Twilight next instead. Oh time to reload." And I went toward Twilight's instead. A couple minutes of walking and I was at the library-house, I knocked on the door.

"Oh hello Ezekiel what brings you here?"

"Just visiting.....is Spike around?"

"No hes in Canterlot on royal business."

"Ok good I'll be quick."

"Why? Are you late for something?"

"No.......I just don't want this to take long." I pointed my revolver at her head but she was sitting down reading a book, so she didn't see. "Are you tired Twilight?"

She yawned "A little bit, I was up all night studying."

"Nighty night then Twilight." she looked up.

"Wha...." I fired before she could finish but she started talking again "Wake up! Ezekiel WAKE UP!"

I woke up crying, covered in cold sweat and with a mild headache. I sat up and looked over and saw Applejack.

"Are you ok Partner? You look even worse than last time I saw ya." Applejack said very concerned

"I-didn't-mean-to-do-it! Did-I-really-do-it? Oh-god-are-they-ok-are-they-ok!?" I quickly mumbled still shaken from the nightmare.

"Whoa there nelly slow down so I can understand what yer sayin'."

"Are Rarity, Twilight and Rainbow Dash ok?!"

"Yeah they're fine, Rainbows on weather patrol, Raritys doing what she always does and so is Twilight. Why do you ask? And whats wrong with you?"

"I had the worst nightmare Applejack......"

"A nightmare is that all." she sighed with relief.

"No y..you don't understand it was awful......I killed Rarity, Sweetie Belle, Rainbow and Twilight a...and.....you were next!"

"Oh my....we better get you to a doctor."

"No I must see Twilight first."

"You sure? You look awfully sick."

"Yes I'm sure, she might have a spell that will stop these nightmares for at least a little while."

"Ok then." And we left.

------------

By the time we got to Twilight's my condition worsened and I was extreme agony. My head felt like it was going to explode, so Twilight used a spell to numb the pain. She said they were almost done with my medicine and it will be done in a couple of days.

"But Twilight I don't have a couple of days, If my condition gets any worse then things around here are going to go bad. Really Really bad!"

"I'm sorry but we're going as fast as we can. Some of the ingredients required are rare and we're not even sure if its going to work so I'm sorry but you will have to wait."

"Ok but try to hurry, Once this spell wears off.....I don't know what will happen."

"Ok meanwhile you should go back to your cave so when it does, nopony will be around and no pony will be harmed."

"Yeah, sounds like a plan. Applejack you can go back to the farm if you want I'll go back to the cave."

"Alright if'n yer sure, see ya partner."

"Bye Twilight."

"Good bye I will bring you your medicine when its done."

"Ok thanks." And I left. While walking through Ponyville a couple ponies stopped and talked to me and voiced their concerns, I told them its being handled as we speak they looked relieved, said good bye and went about their business. I was half to Fluttershy's when I felt the spell starting to wear off and I started to run to at least get to the forest just in case I blacked out. And if I did I hope I'll run further into the forest And not towards Fluttershy's house. I don't want to think about what I would do.

I managed to make it to the entrance of the forest before the spell fully wore off, and the pain of the headache slowed my speed to a fast walk. About half way to the cave I began to feel as though I would lose consciousnesses at any moment. I was slowly walking now and the door to my cave was in sight, I touched the door and opened it and then everything went black.

"Welcome back, you know I'm quite surprised you made to your house." Grim Jr. said

"I blacked out again, didn't I?"

"Why yes you did. Right now your looking for things to hunt you must've not eaten well today, huh Ezekiel?"

"I haven't at all now that I think about it."

"Which is why your hunting instead of just killing. I've to like you Ezekiel and in this place I can give you some of my powers."

"All I want right now is control over my illness."

"Illness? Oh you the headaches and the blackouts? Accept my help and in time you will."

"Why would I want your evil powers."

He laughed. "Evil powers? Contrary to popular belief my powers are used for both good and evil. Which they're not one or they're other there both."

"Neutral powers? Never heard of such a thing."

"Whether they're used for good or evil is strictly your choice."

"I see. I'll consider it."

"I'm sure you will. Oh look you caught something........It looks like a manticore. Will you tell me how manicore meat tastes when you have control again?"

"Oh god. Its going to taste horrible."

"I see well looks like your back at your home. See you later Ezekiel.

And then I came to covered in what I'm guessing to be Manticore blood and pockets full of meat of various kinds. Like it or not I have food for the night and its not going to taste good.