• Published 8th May 2012
  • 2,845 Views, 61 Comments

Person In PonyLand - Z-A-C



Follow the journey of a young man who finds himself trapped in a new world.

  • ...
17
 61
 2,845

Chapter 15: New Clothes

"I'm so glad you came darling!" Rarity said. "This is so exciting. I have never had a challenge quite like this one!"

"I'll be honest Rarity. I have never met someone get so worked up over making clothes before."

"Is there no one your world that loves making clothes?"

"Not as much as you do."

"How unfortunate. Now what was it that you wanted?"

"Well if you could just make something similar to what I'm wearing now, that would be fine."

"Are you quite sure?"

"Yep."

"Ok then." I heard her mumble under her breath. "I thought this would be a bit more of a challenge."

"Not good enough huh?"

"Excuse me?"

"I heard you. Is this not a challenge for you?"

"No it is just not what I was expecting."

"I see. Hmm....Fluttershy after she takes my measurements, you go and tell her what you want her to make for me. But Rarity I still want you make a duplicate of what I'm wearing now, ok?

"Wow you really trust her don't you? I never had somepony tell there marefriend that."

"I just think she'll give you challenge."

Fluttershy looked at me. "You....you don't trust me." I thought I saw tears

"Yes I do." Then there was silence that after awhile Rarity broke.

"Well lets get to work." Her began glowing. "All you have to do is stand still and this wont take long."

"Ok." I sighed because I knew how this usually worked.

15 minutes of being still. It was painful to stand so long but I was slightly impressed, it didn't take as long as it would on earth. Perhaps I was just being impatient.

"All done with the measurement darling. Now come with me so you can help me get the colors right."

"Ok but what about Fluttershy?"

"She can up with us." Fluttershy shook her head.

"Ok then. That works." We walked upstairs and into her work room. "Whoa that's a lot of fabric."

"Why yes I suppose it is."

"Well you probably wouldn't think so, seeing how your around it almost every day." I shrugged and looked around. "I don't know where to start."

"Oh that's quite alright just tell me what colors and fabrics you want and I'll do the rest."

"Uh well...." I looked at my shirt and pants. "Well denim for the pants and I think my shirt is cotton but I'm not sure."

"So denim and cotton then?"

"Yeah denim but I don't want the shirt to shrink."

"Ok got it. Now what about the colors dear?"

"The pants should be a darker blue and I want the shirt to be...hmm....how about black."

"Black?"

"Whats wrong with black?"

"Its just so.....plain."

"Hmm.....how about dark purple? maybe a little darker than your mane."

"Splendid I"ll have it finished before you know it. But you're going to have to stay here so I can do the finishing touches."

"Ok sure."

--------------

She was right. She was done before I knew it. I was again impressed on the amount of time it took. Much quicker then on earth. Although there was something I didn't like to much

"You want me to what?!"

"Take off your clothes darling. I cant make everything fit properly if you still have your old clothes on."

"There has to be some way right?"

"No. There isn't." She said a little frustrated. "Now take off you clothes!"

"Ok Ok fine." I blushed and stated to take my clothes off. I looked at Fluttershy and she too was blushing. "There you happy now!"

"Sorry dear but its a must. Oh my It looks like we missed something."

It took me a second before I realized she was talking about my underwear. "Oh hell no these stay on! Try to take them off and I burn down your house!"

She looked at really surprised "Ok calm down darling. I'll just focus on everything else."

"Actually um...Rarity do you have a bathroom?"

"Why of course I have a bathroom. Why wouldn't I!"

"Good show me."

"Right over there dear." She pointed to her right.

I went in and took off my underwear "I could use a new pair now that I think about it. Here but your going to have to figure out the measurements yourself."

"Ok that's fine but um...can you at least clean them a bit please? You can use the hoof soap."

"Oh right." I turned the water on and almost smothered them with soap and then "washed" them in the sink. "Ok Rarity there you go. Oh and cotton and white, got it?."

"Yes thank you dear. I'll do these first so we can get on with the rest."

"Cool please hurry!"

She did. just a couple minutes and a new pair of underwear was done. I put them on and returned to Rarity.

"Well how did I do?"

"They fit perfectly thank you."

"Oh its no trouble. Now onto the rest."

"Right."

She decided to do the pants first. I wasn't complaining but she could have at least been a little more careful with the pin.

"Ow! Hey can you be more careful please? Ouch!"

"I'm sorry I'm trying but if you would stop moving so much it would go a lot smoother."

"I'm tryin' I'm tryin'."

A few minutes and a couple adjustment later my pants were done and my new shirt follow only minutes after.

"Thank you rarity. Everything feels and fits excellently."

"I'm glad you like my work, and good news! I took the liberty of writing down your measurements so we don't have to do this all again."

"Awesome! Hey can make me two more pairs of everything?"

"Why yes I will be my pleasure. Same fabrics as everything else?"

"Yep but as for the colors....surprise me, just nothing really bright and no pink ok?"

"Certainly. Whats the deadline?"

"there is none just come get me when they're done."

"Ok sounds good."

"But for now Fluttershy your up. Just try not to make it to fancy alright."

"Nothing fancy, got it!"

"Alright I think I'm going to stop by Sweet Apple Acres. I haven't Applejack in awhile."

"In your new clothes!?" Rarity exclaimed.

"No I'm going to change."

"But its still wet outside! you might catch a cold." Fluttershy said.

"I want to talk a walk anyway. It'll be fine just get one of your animal friends to get me when its done ok?"

"Ok I will."

I went back into the bathroom and changed. "Where can I put these?"

"Just set them down on the desk." Rarity said.

"Alright. see you two later."

"Bye." They both said and I left.

"Dammit they're still wet!"

-------------

Walking through the puddles reminded me of earth and how I would sometimes go to a park after it rain. I would walk on the trails no matter how big or small the puddle was, it was the only time I truly felt happy.....until recently that is. Sweet Apple Acres was a little further from Ponyville than I thought. Fluttershy and Rarity were probably half way done with that outfit and I considered going back but that would't really make sense. I went up to the door and knocked, a little filly opened it.

"Ye.....Oh its you! Are ya feelin' better?"

"Umm......yeah? Why do you seem familiar?"

"Its me Applebloom, Remember? I found ya at the entrance to the forest."

"Forgive me if I don't remember but thanks all the same."

"No problem! So What can I help you with?"

"Is Applejack here?"

"Sorry you missed her by 5 minutes she went to help with some of the tree limbs that have fallen down in the park."

"I see. Alright be seeing then."

"Wait I could take a message for ya."

"No kid that's fine I'll just go to the park myself."

"Ok if yer sure, bye."

"Bye." I left and started to walk back towards the town. "That was a waste of time." I mumbled.

I'll admit these puddles are making me really miss home....well the park near that house anyway. Now all the way back into Ponyville I went to the park to see if the ponies were still there. There were a few but no Applejack.

"Hey excuse me, have you seen Applejack?" I asked the closest pony.

"Yeah you just missed her I think she went to Sugar-Cube Corner."

"Alright. Thanks." I left the park but I didn't go toward Sugar-Cube Corner I went back towards Rarity's shop. "I'm starting to get worn out from this stupid walking."

Now in front of the Carousel Boutique I considered going back to Fluttershy's and waiting but that better of it and walked in and went up to the work room's door and knocked.

"Hey Rarity? Are you two done yet?"

"Not quite yet dear just a couple more minutes and you can come in."

I then heard Fluttershy's voice. "Oh I hope you like it."

"Don't worry I'm sure I will." I replied.

15 minutes later and they were done I'll admit I was a little frustrated but at least I got a nice nap in.

"Ok Ezekiel its done you can come in now." I heard Fluttershy through the door. "But you have to close your eyes as soon as you open the door."

"Ok fine." I opened the door and closed my eyes. "What now?"

"Walk forward darling, nice and easy."

"Ok." there was so much stuff on that damn floor I almost tripped a few times.

"Ok stop." I stopped. "Open your eyes." I opened them and there was this handsome looking suit. Red tie, black jacket with a white shirt. But it reminded me of something. something I couldn't quite remember but it was something supposedly scary back on earth. "And we also came up with this little number." She then showed me what looked like a old military uniform.

"Not to be rude but why did you make two?" I asked.

"We simply having to much fun, so we decided to make two outfits!" Rarity said quite proudly and Fluttershy nodded in agreement.

"This almost looks like an old Vietnam uniform."

"Viet-what?" Rarity asked.

"Vietnam was another war my country was involved in. This looks like a military uniform from that time."

"Oh but do you like it." Fluttershy asked but I was still examining it.

"Though the pants are a bit different but still pretty close."

Rarity walked over to me. "I think your marefriend is trying to speak to you."

"Oh sorry. Yes Fluttershy I like it. But um....how did you even think about it?

"Oh um...I know how much you like your jacket so I came up with an entire outfit that based around it."

"Its awesome! Thank you!" I hugged her tightly, she hugged me back and smiled.

"I'm so glad you like it but um...what about the other one." She looked down at the floor. "I know you said nothing fancy but..." I cut her off with another hug.

"Don't worry dear I like it to." I smiled at her again.

"Aw isn't this a touching moment! should I uh...leave you two alone for awhile?" Rarity asked.

Fluttershy blushed a little and I laughed. "So Rarity how much for for everything?"

"Oh I couldn't think of asking you to pay."

"Don't worry about it here have 35 bits is that ok?"

"I couldn't ask for money from you dear. I charge clients not friends."

"Ok if your sure. Thanks again Rarity, call me when you have the other outfits done."

"Its no trouble darling anytime."

Rarity folded the clothes and put them in a bag. I thanked her one last time and Fluttershy and I left towards home.