• Published 27th Apr 2012
  • 1,089 Views, 25 Comments

Dream of Flight - Blueheartpegasus



Blue Heart has always wanted to fly, but when she tries to give herself wings the spell goes wrong.

  • ...
1
 25
 1,089

Epilogue

Blue Heart's story didn't end there. no, she preceded to tell the stories of her adventures over and over, to young fillies and colts, to old ponies in senior centers, to everypony. She never forgot Emily, and kept her older sister's memory alive by telling these stories.

She even learned how to do the wing spell, and soared through the clouds, telling her stories in Cloudsdale, and flying all over Equestria to tell her stories.

She never stopped.

Then, one day, when she was resting in her home in Ponyville, she got a strange visit.

She was adult age, and lived in a blue house on a corner. She ran a bookstore- Blue Heart's Books. She was flicking through an old book about Starswirl the Bearded when there was a knock at the door. She wondered who it could possibly be. It was early in the morning, and the sun had just risen into the sky.

"I'm sorry, we're closed, you'll have to come back to-" as Blue Heart opened the door she gasped. She had to be dreaming! for, standing before her, was Emily. "E-emily? What- am I dreaming?"

Emily laughed. "I'm afraid not, little sis." When Blue Heart looked confused, Emily stepped aside to reveal a Zebric. "Don't be afraid, this one is not a protester- he brought me back. He heard one of your stories of me, and thought he would use his magic to lessen the pain in your heart, as a reward for saving the world." Emily smiled at Blue Heart. "You've grwn. you're about as big as me!"

"Why aren't you human, if you're back?" Blue Heart asked, glancing at the Zebric, who looked pleased with himself.

"Because I've always been a pony in my heart." Emily smiled. Blue Heart, filled with joy, leaped at her sister.

"Emily! Emily, how I've missed you!"

"How about we go visit our old friends?" Emily clopped off towards Twilight's library.

"They'll be delighted." Blue Heart clopped happily after her sister. But then a though occurred to Blue Heart. "I never got to fly with joy. When you died, I learn the wing spell, but...but there was no joy in it."

"Because I was dead." Emily just continued smiling. She looked at the Zebric. "You think you could perform just a bit more magic?"

"Of course!" The Zebric's horn glowed, and magic surrounded Blue Heart. She was lifted into the air, then, when the magic faded, she fell to the ground. She looked at her sides. She had wings, but she still had a horn! She was an alicorn! "Alicorn for a day, but that's the best I can do." The Zebric said.

"Thank you!" Blue Heart raced over and hugged the small zebra-like creature. "I have my sister back, and I can fulfill my dream!"

Blue Heart and Emily swooped and corkscrewed through the sky on the way to Twilight's house. If this wasn't a happy ending, what was?

The End

Comments ( 7 )

im not sure what to say... you killed off the main character, and then she was resurected... happy ending?

blue heart is in my story too!:trixieshiftright::trixieshiftleft::pinkiegasp::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

Good show.

507679

really? because I made her up myself...

589855 hmmmm copyright????:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

How old is Emily?:rainbowhuh: I was picturing her in a young girl voice like 5 or 7.:twilightsheepish:

You've grown.

She had wings, but she still had a horn! She was an alicorn! "Alicorn for a day, but that's the best I can do." The Zebric said.

I wish Earth ponies were a bit more muscular that way they’re easier to tell a part from the other tribes.:applejackunsure:

Login or register to comment