• Published 1st Nov 2014
  • 10,425 Views, 195 Comments

Twilight Becomes a Dazzling - Twilight Lightning



Twilight just got to the human world(again) and hears the whole situation about the Dazzlings. Adagio sees that she can be a threat and decides to take care of her. But not by getting rid of her, instead she wants Twilight to join them.

  • ...
19
 195
 10,425

Epilogue

Epilogue

Sunset Shimmer watched as the school fell into the hands of the Dazzlings. Their one hope of fixing everything had failed, their hope of saving Twilight had failed, the magic of friendship…failed. She saw Twilight hovering in midair and reached out one last time, this had to work.

“Twilight, please listen to me for a second.”

Twilight turned her head towards Sunset to hear what she had to say. “What is it?”

“Listen Twilight, I know that we used you but what about your friends in Equestria? What about them, did you think about your other friends or how you’d explain this to them?” If Twilight still listened to logic, then all she had to do was get her to realize her mistakes. If Sunset used her Equestrian friends and princess Celestia as reasons to turn around then Twilight might just come back.

“What about my other friends? What do they have to do with any of this?”

“Say you went back to Equestria now, how would you explain to them what you did? There's also Spike, what will he do now that you're a siren? And what about the princesses, did you think about how this will impact your Equestrian life at all?”

Twilight brought her hand to her chin in thought, a quizzical look played across her face. No, she hadn’t thought of that. She hadn’t thought about any of that. She had been so fixed on what was happening here that the consequence never crossed her mind. But she didn't care, why should she?

“If my friends should-no, my friends back in Equestria will understand. They're true friends and they'll except me no matter what. Even princess Celestia, she trusts me and my judgment.”

“But, Twilight, you have to snap out of it. We can't do this without you.”

Twilight smiled at Sunset almost wickedly, if there was still a chance that she would go back then it just vanished. She chuckled, inwardly laughing at Sunset.

“You really don't get it do you. I'm done with helping them, i'm done with being the one tasked with solving every problem they can't handle. But more importantly, i'm done being everyone's little tool. Sorry Sunset, i'm not going back.”

“...” Sunset stared in shock and dropped to her knees. She failed...again. Twilight wasn't going to come back to them, all hope was lost.

“You should go back now, I don't want to hurt anyone, but who knows what will happen to them. Sunset, could you do me a favor and keep an eye on them?”

Sunset snapped to attention. Maybe there was still a little of their Twilight in there after all.

“Twilight.” Adagio’s voice called over the hill.

“Bye Sunset, try not to get into any trouble.”

“Twilight-”

Twilight flew over to Adagio and reveled in victory as she thought back to what Sunset had said. She thought, They'll understand. They have to, they're my friends.

Author's Note:

Ok, since a lot of people thought that the ending didn't provide any closure (which it didn't) I decided to make an epilogue. (Confetti) Yes there will be a sequel. I don't know when exactly i'll get it out, but it won't be very soon. Thanks for reading, point out any and all errors, and stay awesome. :pinkiesmile:

Comments ( 19 )

will there be a sequel for this story

Quick suggestion. Replace Sunset with Spike. It would be more believable with someone that actually is tied to her Equestrian circle of friends.

5340047 You should probably read the author's notes. o.O

5340149 Instead of replacing Sunset for Spike maybe just add Spike to the list of understanding friends?

Good Luck on the Sequel, Muthaf**ka (In a good way, not bad.)! We'll be waiting, and Imma watch ya too!!! :twilightsmile::pinkiehappy::rainbowdetermined2:

I was all set to thumbs this up, because despite what 5319757 said, I'm generally inclined to like this type of fic... right up until I hit the epilogue, which completely shifts the story at the last possible second. I mean, yeah, Twilight's strangely accepting of the whole "siren" thing, but at least there's a build up to that, and a confrontation at the end resulting in the Rainbooms' defeat. Had Sunset mentioned this earlier, it'd be a lot more believable, but a short epilogue added apparently as a result of a lack of closure and which completely reverses how the story ends feels jarring, sudden, and leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I feel like I've been hit by a bait-and-switch.

5357622 Sorry, everyone said they wanted a sequel, which wasn't planned, so I had to think of something. If you want to you can disregard the epilogue and sequel entirely, leave it at that. But if a sequel is what they want, then I guess i'll oblige. I'm not one to leave others hanging like that.

5359813 To clarify, my issue is not that there's a sequel. What irked me is that the epilogue/sequel intro you tacked on changes the ending from a Dazzlings victory (including Twilight, who is now a Siren, and a sequel would probably try and have her friends keep trying to get through to her) to the Dazzlings winning the fight, but not the war (with Twilight having snapped back to her senses, despite the buildup of the story prior).

5360220 Shoddy writing. I'll make a revised edition but I will keep the original. Maybe see which one people like better.

What is confusing to me is that in the flashback scene, Starswirl stating that the process was irreversible and the pony changed would be stuck as such forever, not even the elements could change that. Twilight snapped right out of it with a few words from Sunset. Sorry if I missed something, just a bit confused.
IMO having her stay allied with the Dazzlings would of been more interesting than suddenly having an 'Oh shit' moment tacked on at the end, but hey, I enjoyed the story through and through and I look forward to the sequel.
Please don't attack me, just my opinion.

WHAT??? THIS CANT BE THE END!!! IT JUST CANT!!!

5516734 Don't worry, there is a sequel and a "better" epilogue coming. I've just been in a phase of uninspiration.

You should make an alternate ending where Twilight becomes a full-on Dazzling.

For those of you who didn't like the epilogue (for any reason) I have finally gotten around to changing it. It'll be slow but I've got some more time now. It won't be soon, but expect the sequel to come.

I see you change the ending into a cliff hanger for the new sequel.

OMG, this is seriously the best story ever. :pinkiegasp::heart:

This is the best evil Twilight story I've read so far on this site. I've read quite a few, but this is unbeatable. Take my upvote and my follow with pride. :yay:

10674801
because if twilight would have already thinking about several contingencies


10674806
I don't know why, but it seems that it is bad for those who have suffered this change.

Login or register to comment