• Published 27th Nov 2014
  • 1,758 Views, 49 Comments

School Days - GodOfBBQ

  • ...
9
 49
 1,758

Detention

After reflecting on his name calling and previous insults trudged his way to the schoolhouse. By the time he got there, almost the whole class was in the front of the school all waiting for class to begin. When Dark arrived the loud talking and laughing halted and turned to a small murmur among the crowds. Dark only kept walking to the side of the school where hardly any students conversed. Right as he was about to turn the corner of the school the teacher Miss Cheerilee stopped him.

"And where are you going Mr. Humor?" She asked sounding slightly angry with the young stallion. Dark thought long and hard about what he would say next, then he thought of something he just had to do.

"Yo sólo iba a pasar el rato detrás de la escuela señora Cheerilee."

"Dark please don't play jokes, I know you speak Equestrian. Now come with me, we've been waiting for you!" She said in the same stern tone.

"Who's been waiting for me?" Cheerilee didn't answer but instead quickly glare at Dark. Was he in trouble? It wouldn't surprise him, what happened yesterday would surly get him in some sort of trouble. As he entered the classroom he was met with Rumble, his parents, Scootaloo, Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara. Dark heavily exhaled as he proceeded to enter the room. He took a seat next to Diamond Tiara, they were seated right in front of Cheerilee's desk, when she finally took her seat she began to speak.

"So, Dark Humor. Mind telling us what happened yesterday?" All eyes fell on Dark as he began to think of something to say. What could he do? Tell a lie? No, he was a fighter and a bad colt but he was never a liar. He would just have to confess.

"Fine... So yesterday." He told his story, exactly what happened, word for word. By the end of his tale a variety of emotional eyes still gazed at him. Some being angry, scared, disappointed or just plain surprised. After registering all the information Cherilee took a deep breath and continued.

"Well, you do realize that you'll have to apologize to all these ponies, then we'll discuss your punishment."

"Fine." Dark turned to the small group of ponies and continued his sentence. "I'm sorry for nearly breaking Rumble's wing, I'm sorry for insulting Scootaloo, and I'm sorry that I offended and insulted Diamond and Silver."

"That's better. Now can you all please excuse us? We must discuss his punishment." Cheerilee said sounding very professional, no different from her teaching voice. With some quick thank yous and goodbyes the small group left leaving Dark and Cheerilee in the class.

"So Mr. Humor, what punishment do you think you deserve?" Cheerilee asked still sounding very professional.

"Probably a letter home, maybe detention. I dunno." Dark said sounding disappointed in himself. He always hated moments like this, why couldn't he just stay out of trouble like other kids? Why did he be the one to bring home a teacher letter every other day?

"Well, the letter home and detention are a start. Now Dark, I know you can be a good kid. I expect this kind of behavior from Diamond and her friend but you? A new student? From what I've learned, you were quite the trouble maker back in Las Pegasus."

"That's not true. They're all liars." Dark interrupted.

"Please explain Mr. Humor." Cheerilee declared

"I've only been in trouble because I would always get caught in the crossfire Ms. Cheerilee. Always getting the punishment for other pony's wrong doings."

Cheerilee wrote something on a piece of paper, probably rewriting what he said planning to put it in her parent letter.

"Well, either way you still need to be punished. You will be sent home with a letter, but for detention you'll be joining me and a few other classmates for a special guest to talk to you about being bullies and how it's wrong to put others down and where you may end up and where the bullied will end up. And you're in luck because it's today after school. It'll be about 15 minutes long so when the guest is finished talking you will go home and get the letter I will write signed by a parent or guardian. Understand?"

"Yes Ms. Cheerilee." Dark said dully.

"Good, now let the other students class is ready." With a quick nod Dark got off his seat and opened the door and shouted that school was ready. All the faces looked at him and they all began to walk past him to their seats. But when Diamond passed Dark, she had an arrogant and cocky smirk on her muzzle. Making Dark wonder what that earth mare had in mind.

Once everypony was inside Dark took his seat and class began.

~***~

School rapped up quick and surprisingly without any problems. Dark was getting more and more suspicious of how Diamond was acting around him, she would always be evilly grinning, whenever Dark saw her staring at him she would quickly whisper into Silver's ear then they would giggle and laugh at whatever Diamond whispered.

When the bell rang for school to end, it was almost like a swarm of bees leaving at once. Dark still stayed in his seat waiting for his detention to begin and end. As he watched some of the other students rush out the doors, Cheerilee stopped a light pink earth pony with a tiara on her head.

Dark began to panic, was she seriously going to have Diamond Tiara stay in the class with him? She wouldn't do that, would she? Cheerilee pointed to the chair next to Dark and he realized that Cheerilee told Diamond to sit right next to him.

Dark groaned and screamed inside his skull as he watched Diamond slump down on her seat. Other than the two young ponies a couple other ponies sat in the class. A filly named Dinky who was known to say jokes but didn't know they could be hurtful was there, then the two dimwits of the class Snips and Snails sat near the back leaving Dark and Diamond in the front.

Finally when Cheerilee was finished with saying goodbyes to the students and parents of the students she went back inside and sat behind her desk.

"Welcome to detention students"

"I don't see why you have to "Welcome" us, we've been here since the begging of class" Dinky replied sounding confused and more innocent. Snips and Sails seemed to find that comment laughable leaving the little filly confused and asking why they were laughing.

"You're right Dinky, but for those who are new to our class I have to welcome them." Cheerilee replied respectfully.

"Well get on with it then!" Diamond demanded.

"Very well then Miss Tiara. Now today we're going to do something different, I've noticed that out of all the other students you all seem to be the most trouble making. Now I expect this out of Diamond, Snips, and Snails but to Dinky and Dark I am very surprised and disappointed. Both of you will be getting a letter home for your misbehaving. But anyways, today we have a special visitor to speak to you all. He's a traveling motivational speaker named Booming Vocals and he's been in the break room drinking coffee for about a couple hours so I'm going to let him take it from here." After her little speech Cheerilee went to the door that separated the class from the break room. After some muffled talking from the other room Miss Cheerilee came out along with an pale blue overweight stallion with thick black glasses.

His eyes were wide and disturbingly scanning the entire room. He was very energetic for someone his size. He began to speak.

"Alright, how's everypony? Good! Good! Good! Now, as your teacher probably told you, my name is Booming Vocals, and I am a Motivational Speaker! Now, let's get started by me giving you a little bit of a scenario of what my life is all about! First off, I am 35 years old.. I am divorced.. and I live in a shed down by the river!"

As he continued the entire class was trying so hard not to laugh at his antics, Cheerilee was having a hard enough time as well.

"Now, you kids are probably saying to yourself, "Now, I'm gonna go out, and I'm gonna get the world by the tail, and wrap it around and put it in my pocket!!" Well, I'm here to tell you that you're probably gonna find out, as you go out there, that you're not gonna amount to Jack Squat!!" You're gonna end up eating a steady diet of government cheese, and living in a shed down by the river! Now, young stallion, what do you want to do with your life?"

Vocals went beside Snips who was still trying to stifle his laughing. He glanced at Snails who was also trying to hide his laughing. With a quick nod, Snips looked back at Vocals.

"I want to live in a shed down by the river." Not being able to hold it in anymore, both troublemakers began to historically laugh. Realizing what the young stallion said, Vocals began to play along.

"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a shed down by the river when you're... living in a shed down by the river!" Going back to the front of the class, he continued his rant.

"Now, you kids are probably asking yourself, "Hey, Vocals, how can we get back on the right track?!" Well, as I see it, there is only one solution!" He paused, Cheerilee shaking off her laughter she finally realized that this might have been a bad idea. Rising from her seat, she was about to have Vocals stop his speech but his voice was more louder and powerful than hers.

"And that is for me to get my gear, move it on into here, 'cause I'm gonna bunk with you, buddy! We're gonna be buddies! We're gonna be pals!" Vocals got face to face with Dark Humor who was still trying not to laugh.

"We're gonna wrassle around! Ol' Vocals' gonna be your shadow! Here's Vocals, here's you! There's Vocals, there's you! Me and my buddies! My pals! My amigos! I'm gonna go get my gear!" Vocals headed for the door but was quickly stopped by Cheerilee.

"Uh, Vocals, thanks for all you've done! You don't need to come back, I'm sure the children got your point." Vocals looked back at Cheerilee.

"I don't give a rat's behind, 'cause I'm moving in! I'm sick and tired of living in a shed down by the river!" After yelling in her face, Vocals hurried away. Cheerilee quickly looked over the kids who were not trying to laugh anymore but instead were kinda worried.

"Um, children leave now! Uh, Dinky and Dark you too don't need a note just take this as a warning! Now get out of here before he comes back!" The students have never seen her so eager to have them leave. Not wanting to waste time all the students grabbed their bags and rushed out the door. The same went for Cheerilee, as soon as the last student left she was already packed and ready to go. Rushing out the door, she locked it and scurried off towards town.

~***~

Dark walked down the road towards his home, he couldn't stop laughing to himself about the event that happened during detention. As he kept trotting down the road he saw something out the corner of his eye. He looked towards it to be annoyed and angered to see what it was.

Diamond Tiara with a large scowl on her muzzle.

'Genial, justo lo que arruinó mi tarde. Permite sólo espero que esto se hace rápido.' Dark thought to himself.

When the young mare finally got only a few feet away from Dark, she began to speak.

"Dark Humor! You're gonna get it this time!"

Dark couldn't help, but smile to himself.

"Bien entonces usted puta, le permite obtener esto una y hecho, sí?"

"Don't speak that Spanish crap to me you damn beaner!"

Author's Note:

Hey guys HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Now for all my old school SNL fans out there, I based the motivation speaker off the skit Chris Farley did. Most of the words Vocals used, are from the script so there's that. Also, let me apologize in advance for the next chapter. It will have racially insensitive slurs in it. Specifically to Mexicans and Spaniards so please don't sue me if I offend you. Anyhow, happy new year all my fellas and fellets and TA TA for now!