• Published 27th Nov 2014
  • 1,758 Views, 49 Comments

School Days - GodOfBBQ

  • ...
9
 49
 1,758

Study Up

As Diamond and Silver walked, Diamond was trying her hardest to plot her revenge. How could she get even with Dark? He nearly broke Rumble's wing, in order to tie up with that event she would most likely have to send a pony to the hospital. As she kept thinking, Silver was pitching ideas for Diamond to use. But every idea she threw at Diamond would either get rejected or judged. With Diamond’s skill of dissecting an idea and finding everything that could go wrong, she had little options. As they kept walking Silver would try to make small talk but would always get shot down with Diamond’s silent muttering or just being flat out ignored.

Finally, after thinking some more, Silver finally came up with an idea.

“Hey, Diamond! Remember how Dark would speak Spanish? And he did have a Spanish accent, why don’t we pull the racial card?”

Diamond quickly looked at her companion with all attention.

“You may be onto something Sil!”

“Yeah, think about it! Spanish ponies are known throughout the news and social media to be one of the most easily offended ponies out there, next to the Zebra republic! If we pull some stereotypes on Dark, maybe his strong pony persona will be weakened!”

“You’re right, all we need to do is think of some Spanish pony stereotypes to pull on him! But they have to be creative, they can’t be the original stuff they hear every day.” Diamond thought long and hard, what names could she choose, or maybe even create?

Then she remembered a book that was in her mansion library called, “The Racial History of Spanish Ponies”

Maybe if she read that book, she could get some good ideas for some names. Apparently their thinking caused a lot of time to pass, before Diamond knew it she was waving goodbye to Silver Spoon as she trotted home that was near by.

Diamond could have asked Silver for some assistance with studying up but she was always told, if you wanna do something right, do it yourself. Silver Spoon was a good friend and all, but Diamond knew that she was sometimes the weakest teammate.

See, for their entire life, they've been friends but now that they were turning into teens Diamond realized that they needed to step up their game if they wanted to be on top of the school until the graduate. As hard as Silver tried, her insults were always bland, used, or just not good. Sure she had some good ones here and there but she fails to realize that when you get older, your grammar must mature along with you.

Diamond has sometimes resorted to cursing other ponies out before but that was one rare occasion. Usually she never had to do such an act, but she did do it a couple times here and there. The reason why she threatened Dark for saying ‘shit’ is because she was so used to having ponies tremble before her instead of standing up to her. And hearing such vulgar coming out of his muzzle was the icing on the cake.

She entered the large wooden doors that lead into the foyer of her mansion. How she loved her home. The size, the shape, the constant shine to the floors, the echos of her hooves throughout the halls. She dropped her saddlebags at the door and rushed upstairs to the mansion library that was right next to her father’s office.

She opened the large shinny wooden doors to reveal three large walls full of books. She wasn't much of a reader, when ever she had to read or was told to read she would always have the servants read them to her.

She looked through all the books, from alphabetical order.

“Ah! Here it is!” She pulled out the semi-think book and looked at the cover title. It was a red, leather bound book with brown lettering on the cover.

“The Racial History of Spanish Ponies, by Reflective Page. Sounds like a total looser!” Diamond joked to herself. She carried the book with her mouth and walked out of the library. She scurried up the stairs to her bedroom. She entered through the large but smaller versions of the same shinny wood doors to her large room.

If you didn't live there, you would mistake her room for the master bedroom since it was so big. It was a pale pink all over, she had a queen sized bed with a large red and gold comforter. he slumped down on her bed and laid the book in front of her. She opened the book and began to read.

“Chapter 1, History and Culture.” Diamond read aloud. After reading for a few minutes, she suddenly became very interested in the novel. Why didn't she read these herself in the first place?

~***~

It was nearly 6:00 PM when she finished the story. It was a long book she admitted but it was quite enthralling.

She seemed to learn a lot from the book, like how the Spaniard ponies invaded the first natives of Las Pegasus for gold and slaves. Then after the history and culture of the Spanish Ponies, it went onto the royal history and status, then to the end of the Spanish Pony revolution when they lost the war against the Equestrian Empire. It was one of the shortest but deadliest Equestrian civil wars. Diamond was very impressed by the story of how Spanish earth ponies and unicorns beat the Equestrian army with farm tools like scythes, pitchforks, and other sharp tools that could inflict some damage defeated the Equestrian army.

But the next invasion, the Equestrian army was ready and armed better and they were able to slice through them like a knife through butter.

She learned of some holidays during the culture section like, Day of the Dead or Dia de los Muertos and Cinco de Mayo. Or 5th of May; the anniversary of the Spanish defense against the Equestrian Army. She even learned how the Cuteceañera originated from the Spanish culture and not the Equestrian culture.

Obviously her father lied to her. She would need to speak with him later.

She learned about the language, their religion and beliefs mostly Catholic. But finally she reached her destination in the book, the stories of the Spanish stereotype, their racial struggles and much more.

She learned how they replaced the Zebras from farming in the south of Equestria and parts of the North. How they were forced to work in gardens and farms for hours on end for little to nothing. They had to use a tool called the short hoof hoe. A tool that’s been banned in Equestria. It was banned because of a Spanish freedom speaker, Libertad de Expresion. Or in Equestrian; Free Speech.

But this gave her a full arsenal of nicknames for Dark, so now all she needed to do was wait for the weekend to be over and she can let it all out.

But, she didn't stop there she was so interested in the book, she actually read from cover to cover. When she finished she went back to the library and put it back on the shelf. As she did, she was called down to supper.

Knowing that she was able to retaliate and beat Dark at his own game, she was able to eat her meal without any problems.

When she finished, her meal she went back to the library and pulled out the Zebra Republic Racial History novel written by the same author. Since she was so interested in the Spanish Pony book, she decided to read the Zebra version before she went to sleep.