• Published 2nd Oct 2014
  • 663 Views, 5 Comments

The Moon Worshiper Part 2: Knight of the Moon - CreatureofTheNight



The Sequal to The Moon Worshiper. Dark Sidewinder has been made an offer from Princess Luna herself!

  • ...
5
 5
 663

The Peace of Dreams

Dark was finally improving the way he wanted to the past few weeks. After his little incident at the obstacle course, Starnight pulled him aside and offered to help him train a little bit. It was tough, but Dark finally started to get better, he wasn't finishing last anymore at least. However, Dark just kept having this odd feeling that something was wrong. Something was coming, but he didn't know what. It was in the middle of the afternoon, and Dark was still awake trying to figure this out, even though he was eating in the mess hall.

Elsewhere, the General was going over the reports of the grades for the students. Graduation day is coming soon for the guards and it's his job the decide the fates of these stallions and ponies to where they are going, if they are going at all. He got to Starnight and smirked, commendable student, an perfect guard if anyone could want one, even if he's a bit eccentric. He paused and thought to himself on where he could go, Starnight has said to both him and Dark that he wants to go to the Crystal Empire, the kid's payed his dues to he deserves to go where he wants to go, so he assigned him to the Crystal guard. He then got to Dark Sidewinder. Dark Sidewinder, now there's a name that will never win any pony any awards. He then started to think about the thestrial and his determination. That kid always came last in every single race for 95% of the required time to be here. However, he also is the one that learned the most. The General smiled as he prepared to assign Dark, then suddenly he fell into a deep sleep himself. The red mist that invaded Ponyville left the room and started to go to cabin to cabin.

Dark, meanwhile was with Starnight in the mess hall. Dark was looking out window quietly and looked down at his food. Starnight said "You okay?" Dark nodded "Dark, you know you're not a very good liar"

"Something's bugging me that's all" Dark said quietly. He looked at Starnight and said "I don't know it just feels like something wrong has been happening around here that's all" Starnight shrugged "You think it's just me"

Starnight then said "Who knows, but it is a little weird today. The General hasn't made us run any laps today."

"Maybe he's giving us the day off" Dark suggested.

Starnight started laughing, "Dude, this is place that trains the guards of the Princesses of all of Equstria, we don't get days off" He then stopped laughing, and said "Speaking of, we're almost done with training lately, how do you think I did?"

Dark laughed at the question, and Starnight gave him a weird look, Dark responded with, "You're the best guy at this Academy, you came in first every single training exercise, I think you'll be fine." He sighed "I'm pretty much doomed though, no one can say I didn't try"

Starnight smirked and said "You know Dark, whether or not you become a guard or not, you really gotta work on that confidence thing." He smirked. "Everyone here, not just me thinks you deserve to be here, heck the General even thinks you deserve to be here and he is an extreme hard case towards everyone." He smiled and said "If you don't become a guard, I'll eat my mane"

Dark smiled at that, "Thanks man" He then paused as he saw several ponies falling asleep suddenly in the mess hall. "I know training's rough, but the other trainers can't be that much harder on us than General right?" He then paused as his ears twitched, as a low voice was heard. "Do you hear that?"

Starnight said "Hear what?" He then looked at the guards asleep. "Hey guys, you know the trainers are gonna give you all a hard time if they catch you all sleeping" Starnight shouted, suddenly his eyes started to feel heavy, Dark backed up off the table as he saw a red mist around Starnight's hooves.

"That mist" He paused and backed up, seeing an open window as he flew out of it quickly, Starnight falling under the same curse as the others. Dark knew he should get to General as fast as he could, behind him he saw the mist following him, he flew faster than he every flew before as he arrived at Generals quarters. He opened the door quickly and saw General out cold on the table sleeping like the others. His ears twitched as he heard that voice again.

It sounded like a pony going, "Go to sleep little thestrial, your suffering will be over soon" Dark backed up as he saw a window, he leaped out of it, trying to get away from the mist as fast as he could until eventually he made it to the obstacle course field and landed in the center as he panted. Dark looked around and then gasped in horror, as he saw he was surrounded by the very mist he was trying to escape from. He gulped and he looked around and saw through the mist an alicorn of all things standing right in front of him. The alicorn stepped forward revealing her red skin, green serpent like eyes, large wingspan, and horn with a crown on top her head as a glorius pitch black mane with red dots in them stood before him.

Dark started to put it together, a red mist that puts ponies to sleep, a large alicorn that no one has seen before standing right in front of him, and this bad feeling he's been having for the past few days. Dark said "You're the Queen of Dreams."

"Indeed I am" the Alicorn responded. "You amuse me thestrial, the only one who decided to put two and two together" She giggled "You deserve the peace of dreams as well"

He said quietly "How is this possible, you're a legend nothing more" He said, though deep in his mind he thought about what Princess Luna told him about the mare in the moon, which means some legends can be true, but still.

"Legends are always based on some fact" The Queen of Dreams responded, the red mist surrounded Dark from every angle which means he was stuck. "Now sleep" The mist covered Dark's entire body as the thestrial tried to fight and claw himself to stay awake, but it was all for not. He collapsed and finally sleep over took him.

The Queen of Dreams turned and saw Canterlot and said "Now than, I sense a great dream to be had there"