• Published 2nd Oct 2014
  • 663 Views, 5 Comments

The Moon Worshiper Part 2: Knight of the Moon - CreatureofTheNight



The Sequal to The Moon Worshiper. Dark Sidewinder has been made an offer from Princess Luna herself!

  • ...
5
 5
 663

The Queen of Dreams

Dark was exhausted, General was not exactly easy on the pony guards trainees. His arms, hooves, wings, and even his teeth ached in sweet agony as he collapsed on his bed before. He looked up and saw some blue pony with a black mane staring right in front of him who was smiling. "Hi there" This stallion said with a smile, on his face. "You're General's favorite right?"

Dark sat up groggerly. "I wouldn't exactly call myself the favorite. I'm not exactly doing well" A smile crept on the face of Dark's fellow guard in training looking right at him. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

He smiled "You're really spooking looking, you know that?" Dark nodded. "I think you look awesome" He said with a big smile.

Dark paused and said "Umm Thanks, and you are?"

"My name is Starnight" He said with glee. "What's your name?"

"Umm Dark" Dark said getting increasingly nervous about Starnight's actions, he's a very odd stallion to say the least. "So why did you want to talk to me anyways?"

"Well I've never seen a theastral before that's why?" Starnight said with a smile. "You look fascinating" He jumped up and sat next to Dark on the bed. "So tell me more about yourself, what princess are you trying to train for anyways" Starnight smiled and said "I'm trying to train for Princess Cadence in the Crystal Empire, I was there at her wedding and saw her and her husbands awesome blast, and I decided that I wanna be that cool too. If I can protect something like that, I can find a perfect purpose"

A smile crept on Dark's face after hearing that, he looked up at the moon and said "Princess Luna is the one I want to protect as a guard" He said as a smile crept on his face. "I grew up just outside of Ponyville, I was abandoned when I was young in the Everfree forest by my parents." He looked at Starnight and smiled quietly. "I'm actually very grateful you find my apperance so cool, you the ninth pony in my life to ever do that for me"

Starnight gave Dark a weird look and said "Ninth?"

Dark nodded "Yeah, only number nine" He sighed "You see, because of how I look I've created a lot of fear on accident amongst my neighbors" He looked down and said "I didn't exactly have the easiest life, I tried countless times to make some friends but honestly it didn't amount to anything. The only friend I ever had was the moon. I started to try to learn more, in secret. I heard about Princess Luna, and learned that she was the reason I can make at least one friend. So I started to send her letters at least once a month, I know that's creepy but, it helped me out." Slowly a smile came back to Dark's face as he lit up. "Then about three months ago,my life took a drastic change. I was delivering one of my letters to the Princess and then suddenly I bumped into a Pink pony who was...eccentric...to say the least" Starnight laughed, as he knew right away which certain pink pony he was talking about. "She got her friends to come into the Everfree forest to find out more about me." Dark looked down. "They found me and well captured me." He looked up. "Pinkie Pie, the umm pony I was talking about earlier, she was convinced that she bumped into a Vampire Pony, and I couldn't blame her, since I have bat wings, really red eyes, and my habits were kinda shown that night" Starnight kinda laughed at that, and Dark joined him since it was kinda funny. "Then the nicest thing any pony has ever done for me happened. They treated me like everyone else, I was finally accepted for the first time in my entire life." Dark's smile pretty much doubled in size. "They even let me meet my hero."

Starnight paused at that and asked "You personally met Princess Luna?"

"Yeah, she's actually the reason why I'm here, she thinks I got what it takes to be one of her guards, and I kinda don't wanna let her down, that's actual the real reason why I don't want to quit, even though I know I"m pretty bad at this" Dark looked at Starnight and asked "So,anything else you wanna know about me?"

Starnight smiled and asked "What's your special talent? Mine is the ability to run as fast as possible. I'm the fastest pony on the ground" Starnight said with a smirk. "I can beat anyone in a race"

Dark was quiet and then slowly smiled "I can see in the dark with perfect accuracy, it's part of the reason why I'm so nocturnal." Starnight looked at Dark and tilted his head "You're not buying that are you?" Starnight shook his head. "My actual special talent is to be able to figure out any situation pretty quickly." He sighed "I can hear things pretty well too, my hearing is almost as good as a bats, hence the cutie mark"

Starlight smirked and asked "I thought the bat cutie mark was there because of your wings"

Dark groaned "Yeah I get that a lot"

Starnight asked "So, what else do you know?"

"Oh old pony tales, ever since I've been more public I've been facinated with them" Dark said with a small smile. "Like the Queen of Dreams"

Starnight asked "The Queen of Dreams?"

Dark smiled "Yeah" He started. "Long ago before the two sisters ruled Equestria, there was a Queen. This Queen was a kind, benevolent, wise ruler, who protected Equestria from danger. Eventually, as life happens, she became infatuated with a pony and the two fell in love, and eventually had two children" He sighed "However, this story does not have the fairy tale ending. One day, The Queen accidentally found a spell that let her manipulate dreams and gain power from them. She started to see how much happier every pony was asleep, how there were less people harming others. So she decided to act on this, she loved her ponies how could she not grant them the kindness of eternal peace. So she had a planned an ultimate idea, the plan called Eternal Sleep, it's goal was to make every pony in Equestria have eternal bliss and dreams."

Starnight asked "What happened to her?"

"Her husband catching wind of his wife's plan tried to reason with her. He told her the truth, that while a world where ponies can have happiness whenever they want, the world of reality would fall into nothingness if there are no ponies to help them. Ponies would suffer instead of being happy, so while the thought was nice, it was a bad idea. Enraged her husband would suggest her idea was terrible the Queen declared that nothing can stop her, and if she has to use force to accomplish this goal then so be it"

Dark sighed "Desperate to protect his children from the Queen's madness the King used a secret power to seal the Queen away, to where and why is not known"

Starnight asked "What happened aftewords"

"The King moved on, he ruled Equestria and said his wife had simply gone away" Dark said looking at him. "Don't worry it's just a legend, when have they ever come true?"

In the Everfree forest the mist put more animals to sleep, a female voice is heard "Shh, it's okay eternal peace will be yours"

Author's Note:

I like villains :D Oh and I just realized a plot hole. How can Dark suddenly going from being able to outrun the mane six, able to pick up cement, and smell pretty well. To being the worst one of the academy. Well I have an answer for it actually.

1. That was a fight or flight response, pure adrenaline back with the Mane Six. That, and the Mane Six weren't trying to hurt him, so it can be argued they weren't exactly trying

2. The other deeds could have probably been done by any of the other trainees as well.

About Dark's ignorance, he doesn't know about the Mane Six's troubles or Nightmare Moon