• Published 2nd Oct 2014
  • 661 Views, 5 Comments

The Moon Worshiper Part 2: Knight of the Moon - CreatureofTheNight



The Sequal to The Moon Worshiper. Dark Sidewinder has been made an offer from Princess Luna herself!

  • ...
5
 5
 661

Welcome to the Worst Day of Your Life

Author's Note:

Never Give Up, keep trying until I hit gold. I refuse to back down. I wanna tell this story and I'm not stopping until i do.

"Oh sweet Celestia what in Equestria was am I doing!" , that was the thought that coursed through Dark Sidewinders mind as he approached the guard training camp. He's not a fighter, he's not a warrior, he's just some guy that Princess Twilight and her friends found in the forest. All he does, and has done, is watch the moon. That is it, that is literally his entire life. Sure, he's done some good deeds here and there, but he certainly doesn't think it qualified him to be a knight or a guard. On the other hand, this was a favor from he was doing for his hero. Princess Luna herself requested this, and she seems to believe in him. It was so bloody confusing to him. He had to shake off this confusion as he looked ahead and saw he was at the entrance. He walked in silently as he opened the door, and saw a big camp where various stallions were training like crazy. Dark kinda cringed a bit looking at them training like that, if there was any doubt that Dark shouldn't be here, these ponies shattered that doubt easily. They were everything Dark isn't, athletic, built, and most importantly normal. He slunk away quietly, about to try to just leave but remember that his hero believes in him. He needs to at least try, after all, she wouldn't just send him here just to mess with him. He walked forward, and then heard a gruff pony go. "All new recruits line up!" That voice sounded like it just commanded power with it's voice, and it worked because Dark did exactly what he was told, in spite of his head mentally berating him for doing so.

Dark was in a long line as this white pony with a Canterlot guard armor looked directly at them all and started to walk down the line. "All right ponies, listen up! Welcome to the Worst day of your lives!" Dark gulped at that. "You are here because you think yourselves worthy of being the guards to Equestria's royalty." This pony just marched down looking down all the new recruits, Dark starting to shake a bit. "You are the first line of defense for the princesses. You are going to be the future protectors of their lives" Dark was quiet at that as he looked down, mentally uttering to himself how much of a mistake this all was. "However, all I see are worthless" The White pony looked directly at the guy next to Dark, who shivered, "Stupid" The pony then glared at another pony and then glared right at Dark. "Pathetic, wastes of space on this planet." He then said "If you disagree with me come forward, I will put you in the ground faster than you can even think" Dark muttered to himself quietly. The Pony glared and said to dark. "You, Bat boy! Tell me right now, what did you just say!?"

Dark gulped and timidly said "No...Nothing"

The White Pony said "Nothing what!?" He said staring at Dark's soul, looking at him and said "WELL!?"

"Nothing sir!" Dark said in a squeak of fear. The White Pony shook his head and hmphed quietly.

He said "Pathetic, disgraceful, cowardly, i can tell right now you are going to quit after the first day" The pony walked away, as Dark looked down at that. He said "The rest of you maggots take a note of this fool. He represents all that is what I see today. He's weak, pathetic, and not even worthy to breath the same air as a Princess much less try to protect her from harm" Dark cringed at that, and looked down.

The pony turned around and said "Now then your worthless maggots, from now on you will call me the General, is that understood!" Dark, meekly joined the other ponies in agreement. General looked at them and said "Good, right now you are all weak, stupid, pathetic, idiots. However, at the the end of your time here" He turned and looked at his cadets. "You will be strong guards, powerful defenders of Equestrian Royalty, you will be the best of the best and no one could ever overcome you" He then looked at them and said "Now give me fifty laps on hoof, if you fly once I will add fifty more now go!" Dark started in, but it was clear that he was significantly slower than the other ponies. He tried his best to keep up, breaking into a run eventually. He started to gain momentum slighlty, but eventually he tripped over himself and fell to the ground crashing into the dirt.

General groaned and walked to him. "Son, what is your name?"

Dark looked up and said quietly "Dark Sidewinders..." The General helped Dark up and Dark said "Thank you"

"Private Sidewinders...why are you even here?" General asked him. "Tell me, you don't exactly look like the kind of pony who would just jump into Guard service" Dark got up and started to run again, the General was walking, keeping up with Dark with ease. "You will answer me when I am talking to you Private, now talk!"

Dark was quiet, but eventually said "My entire life, because of how I looked I was often given hatred and fear." Dark admitted running. "I'm not exactly normal looking you know?" General just nodded. "I didn't have a lot of friends growing up. However, that's not a life one should live, so I made one." Dark looked up as the night started to come. "The Moon, it was the only friend I had" Dark tripped again and fell flat on his face because he wasn't looking. "That's why" He said staggering to his feet. "I'm here, even though I know I really shouldn't be." He looked at the moon and said "My friend and my hero are both counting on me to pull through this" Dark went back into a run, and General walked back to his position

General sat down and eyes rolled quietly. "He has no talent, no skills, no ability" A small smirk went on his face as Dark, finally, finished the laps. "Yet, I'm kinda rooting for him to be a man" He looked at Dark and said "Okay, Rookie go back to your cabin for a rest" Dark nodded and walked to the cabin quietly.

Back in the Everfree Forest, a red mist started to grow. The mist started to move coating a few of the animals, who just fell to sleep suddenly.