• Published 2nd Oct 2014
  • 661 Views, 5 Comments

The Moon Worshiper Part 2: Knight of the Moon - CreatureofTheNight



The Sequal to The Moon Worshiper. Dark Sidewinder has been made an offer from Princess Luna herself!

  • ...
5
 5
 661

The Offer

Author's Note:

Well the first one didn't go as well as I wanted it to but, I'm not gonna cry about it. It's time to move on and learn from my mistakes. So instead of one big one shot story, I'm gonna do chapters and take my time, and try not to rush through it. After all, that was probably the main problem.

It's been a month since Dark Sidewinder came into a more revealed existence. Things are going somewhat well for him after he revealed who he was, his friends did him a good deed and bought him a house in Canterlot so that he could always see his hero, Princess Luna raise the moon above. His personal life improved as well, as he started to talk with ponies more often then he ever could living in the Everfree Forest. Yes he does receive the occasional odd glace, but things have finally improved for him, and that's all he ever wanted.

He was walking down the street, at about late afternoon going to watch the moon rise like he did every night, when suddenly he looked up in the sky, and started to see something flying over the sky. He shook his head and marched on, heading to the castle. He smiled and started to increase his speed once he saw he was on the main road to the castle. He has to stop when he brakes to make sure he doesn't hit someone. He looked ahead and saw Princess Celestia, and bowed almost immediately. Celestia giggled slightly, as he rose. “What are you doing outside the castle your grace?” He said politely.

Celestia said “Oh, I'm just out to walk around. I need to observe some things before I go lay down for sleep” She said to the bat-pony in front of her. “Though you should hurry up, Princess Luna is about to raise the moon soon”

Dark nodded and hurried as fast as he could to his position where he normally sat as he saw her enter the balcony and her horn glowed with a luminescent glow as the moon slowly raised above the night sky, as another magical blast came from Princess Luna's horn allowing the stars to reform once again. Luna smiled gently as she looked at the night's sky, then looked down and saw Dark sitting there with a smile.

Dark stood up and prepared to walk away, when suddenly he stopped in his tracks. He heard the sound of the wind being brushed against magnificent feathers, he turned slowly to see Princess Luna right behind him. He kneeled almost immediately and said “Princess, what do I owe this honor for?” Dark said quickly flabbergasted that she flew right next to him.

“Rise, Dark Sidewinder” Princess Luna said with a smile at her biggest fan. “You don't have to kneel before me every time you see me” He rose quietly. “I came to talk to you about something, Dark Sidewinder” She said to him quietly. “It is something that has been on my mind for a while” She then started walking “Follow me, please”

Dark followed her, surprised that he was allowed to enter the castle. “Princess Luna, might I ask what are you thinking about?”

She looked at Dark and said “Dark Sidewinder” Luna started. “I have watched you very closely this past month, when not raising and lowering the moon of course” She smiled and said “And I must say I'm impressed with what I've seen”

A cherry red filled Dark's cheeks. “You flatter my Princess” He said with shaky voice. “I'm not that special” He said rubbing the back of his head.

The Princess of the moon could only laugh at this, modestly. “I said I've been watching you Dark. I saw what you've been doing around Canterlot when you aren't watching my moon”

FLASHBACK:

It was late after noon as Dark was heading to watch the moon rise as usual. He smiled but then stopped in place. He looked and saw a pony dragging a giant crate. Dark walked to him, as the pony jumped a little due to his appearance. He said “Need some help?” The pony looked at Dark and nodded. He smiled and lifted the crate flapping his wings, following the pony to where he needed to go and dropped it off. “]What was in that thing anyways?”

The pony smiled and said “Cement!” The pony said excitedly, and revealed his cutie mark had a cement block on it.

Dark gasped at that, and then said “Well, here you go”

The Cement Pony said “Thanks mister”


End Flashback:

Dark rubbed the back of his head "It wasn't that impressive, I was just doing a good deed, every pony should do" He said embarrassed

Luna smiled and said "Or how about using your better judgement for this"

Flashback:

Dark was walking to watch the moon again when he saw some pony looking at something in his hoof. Dark walked to this Pony who looked at Dark again with shock and horror, but Dark just smiled at the pony and asked "What's that bottle?"

The Pony responded with "Flim and Flam's Super Amazing Super tonic" The Pony said with glee. "I'm going to give it to my grandmother, it's supposed to make you move faster then lighting"

Skeptical Dark asked the pony to open the lid to the bottle and sniffed it, then gagged. "I wouldn't do that" He said quietly. "It smells like it would hurt you more than help you"

"How do you figure?" The pony asked looking angry.

He said "Because I don't think Tonic's are supposed to smell like used diapers and pig vomit" He said to the pony with earnest. "Just trust me, get your grand mother something simple."

End Flashback:



Dark blushed at that, “I was just following some good advice I got from when I was in Ponyville.” Luna smiled at that.

Walking next to Dark, she said “Speaking of the time you were in Ponyville, Twilight told me about your little chase you had with her and her friends and how impressive you were when I brought up my plan” Luna then stood next to him.

“What plan is that your grace” Dark said trying his best to keep his cool.

She smiled and said “Dark Sidewinder, I think you are worthy enough to be one of my loyal Warriors of Darkness, or my guards.” Dark looked at Luna shocked. “Don't get me wrong, you will be sent to training, and I have a certain pony in mind for that, but I honestly feel like you have the best chance in becoming one”

Dark looked at her stunned, and he started to consider saying no to this, but then he thought that if he became a guard, he would get to spend a lot of time around his hero. After a few minutes of mental debate he said “Okay, I'll give it a shot”

Elsewhere, in the deepest part of the Everfree Forest, a glowing light started to emanate in the center.