• Published 21st Apr 2012
  • 906 Views, 23 Comments

The Temporal Shattering - There Is Nothing Here



Alphion returns to Equestria, with his sights set on domination.

  • ...
3
 23
 906

The Last Element

"Master Alphion. Your minions have been readied as you requested."

Alphion turned around as Fluttershy's illusion entered his domain. As intimidating as the illusion looked, when in the presence of Alphion, even she cowered in fear. Especially with Alphion's current state. He was completely insane, gone beyond the point of recovery. He no longer cared for anything, except the satisfaction of tearing Rainbow Dash apart. He would give every one of his soldiers and every element of his being to destroy the final element of harmony.

"Good. Prepare for entrance into Equestria."

Fluttershy reluctantly nodded her head and walked away. Even she knew entering Equestria at it's current instability would destroy them all. But Alphion need to kill Rainbow Dash himself, he couldn't let her die from Equestria's shattering.


Rainbow Dash continued to fly throughout the ruins of Equestria. She watched in horror as pieces of the land shattered and simply faded away into darkness. The air was so thin it was getting hard for her to even breathe. She could feel her lungs slowly closing up. It could only mean that not just the land was fading, the oxygen and any other gases were fading as well.

The cyan Pegasus continued to think and hope that Alphion would return to Equestria. She couldn't let Alphion continue to live, and if he was foolish enough to comeback to Equestria, she could hold him here long enough until he faded away, just as everything else in this world would.

She landed on a large piece of land, hoping for a quick rest. She had been flying for hours, if she didn't rest she could wear herself out and just collapse from exhaustion, and the lack of oxygen didn't help. The Pegasus felt dizzy at times, as if she had just been kicked in the stomach, everything would become blurry and she would collapse to the floor. As time went on, well time wasn't going on, but as she continued her flight, the dizziness became more frequent.

As she rested, she became more and more tired. She decided to lay down just for a minute so that the dizziness would wear off. She closed her eyes just for a moment, and she was out like a light. She passed out from the exhaustion and fell into a deep sleep.

The cyan Pegasus continued her nap, as she was woken up by a loud cracking noise. She opened her eyes and looked below her. The ground she was sleeping on was beginning to fade away. She instantly shot up into the air just before the last spec of soil disappeared from view.

"I need to stay focused. If Alphion comes I need to be ready for him."


As Equestria was slowly ripped from it's dimension, near the ruins of Ponyville, a dark shadow descended upon the torn land. Alphion and his army had stepped through their portal and entered Equestria, and if Rainbow Dash stopped them, it would be the last time they would ever do so. Alphion slowly moved his heard around as he looked at his army of soulless mindless minions. They would slaughter anyone or anything at his command.

"Spread out. Find Rainbow Dash. We do not leave Equestria until she is brought to me. GO!"

The shadows scattered in every direction, heeding their master's call.

"I know you're out there. You can't escape me this time."

Alphion let out a menacing laugh as he watched his shadows fly in every direction, surrounding Equestria.


Rainbow Dash opened her eyes. She looked around her, and found herself on another piece of land. She had collapsed from exhaustion and didn't even notice it.

"This is bad. I can't keep myself awake, here I am falling asleep in midair. Next time I might not be so lucky."

She looked around her, their was open space everywhere, just dead space. She could easily fall asleep in mid-air and just end up in a huge free-fall.

The cyan Pegasus flapped her wings and began to fly yet again. She halted suddenly after hearing a noise to her left.

She flew over to the small platform where she heard the noise. She slowly set herself down and looked around. There was nothing anywhere, but she was sure she heard a noise. Just then, she felt something grab her ankles. She looked down and saw the arms of Alphion's minions gripping her legs.

She struggled to get free, not wanting to be captured. If Alphion captured her and killed her, he could return to his world in safety. It was useless, the shadows pulled Rainbow Dash down, and faded away.


"Rainbow Dash. You have no idea how long I've waited for this moment."

The cyan Pegasus opened her eyes and found herself looking at Alphion, who stood tall in front of her. He turned around, and motioned his minions to go back through the portal.

As the last one exited Alphion rose his hand.

"Wait. Close the portal behind you."

The shadow did as it was told, and the portal to Alphion's nightmare was closed.

"Come on Alphion. Just do it and be done with me."

"Not quite. After the hell I've gone through to get to this moment, I will not just finish you off."

Rainbow Dash growled. She just wanted to be done with this forever, she didn't care about life or death anymore. There was nothing worth living for anymore and she had every reason to die.

"Do you remember Sonic Spark? Black Flare? My two minions, both of them had there powers increased by me..."

Alphion turned around and looked into Rainbow Dash's eyes.

"Yet at one time, you defeated both of them. Now, it would be a huge waste for me to just be rid of you forever. Before, I was completely set on tearing you apart, but I've calmed down. And I see that, why kill you? You are worth so much."

"Why in hell would I ever help you. I would saw my own head off and be done with this."

"I don't know. Maybe because I am the only one left who can still give life to the ones that have lost theirs!"

Alphion raised his arms, and conjured a small illusion in front of Rainbow Dash. The cyan Pegasus looked, and began to cry as she saw Blitz, Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie, Fluttershy and all of her friends running around and playing.

"Equestria is doomed Rainbow Dash. While I cannot fix it, my realm is still in perfect shape. I could let every innocent pony wander the same world they used to know and love, and all you have to do is join me. Or, I can kill you, and the soul of every innocent pony in Equestria will know the same torture you experienced so long ago in my nightmare."

Rainbow Dash looked helplessly at the dark lord. Would he really spare the soul of every pony? Or was he just trying to trick her?

The cyan Pegasus stood up and looked into Alphion's black soulless eyes.

"Every pony, even Blitz, they will live just as they had before."

"Yes Rainbow Dash. I can even restore poor Sonic Spark to her former state."

Rainbow Dash stood at silence for a moment, still staring at Alphion. She gulped and softly muttered...

"Ok."

"Excellent. I was hoping you would come to your senses."

Alphion turned around and held his palm out. He waved it around in a circle and small portal opened, the portal into his nightmare.

"After you."

Rainbow Dash slowly walked towards the portal. She stopped in front of it.

"Hey, Alphion."

"What?"

"See you in hell."

Rainbow Dash turned around and dashed with all her might at Alphion. She struck him with such intense force that he went flying backwards and landed on the ground. The cyan Pegasus continued her ascent into the sky. She looked at Alphion who was still down on the floor. She charged directly towards him, increasing her speed rapidly. She felt herself getting faster and faster until, a large rainbow pulse shot out from behind her. She charged directly at Alphion, and drove herself straight into the dark lord, shattering the entire platform he was on.

Smoke and dust covered the area, making sight impossible. The dust cleared and two figure could be seen floating through the dead space of Equestria.

Alphion opened his eyes and in total rage grabbed Rainbow Dash by the throat.

"You have no idea what you've just done."

Alphion landed on another platform, still clutching the Pegasus's neck. He dropped her to the floor. She looked up at him. She was barely able to move due to her injuries from the impact. She was spitting out blood and her entire body was bruised and slashed open. Her back right leg had been twisted in an awkward position, the bone had completely snapped.

Just as Alphion opened his mouth to say something, the earth around them began to rumble. The ground began to shake and the small platforms began to split open into even smaller ones. This was it, Equestria was about to fade away for good, and take everything with it.

Alphion let out a soft growl.

"I see what you were trying to do. Hold me here long enough so we would both die from Equestria's shattering. You're smart Rainbow Dash. But you still failed."

Alphion grabbed Rainbow Dash again, and faded away, back into his dimension. Just before they faded away, a soft voice could be heard echoing throughout the land.

"No Alphion, it's not over. Not yet..."