• Published 21st Apr 2012
  • 905 Views, 23 Comments

The Temporal Shattering - There Is Nothing Here



Alphion returns to Equestria, with his sights set on domination.

  • ...
3
 23
 905

The Timeline

[This is a sequel to Rainbow Dash's Nightmare. I recommend reading that on my page first so you understand the new characters that have been introduced and exactly what is going on. That was my first fanfic this is my second. If you don't like it tell me how I can improve, k thanks =]

Alphion was defeated in his nightmare when Sonic Spark, Alphion's former agent, fused with his soul and banished him into Oblivion. However, his actions had left a permanent scar in the fabric of time. He erased Rainbow Dash from history, in order to keep her in his nightmare and keep his actions hidden. But Alphion did not have the power to alter time. Instead, he went to Temporaz, the spirit of time. He tricked Temporaz into removing Rainbow Dash from history in exchange for a chunk of Alphion's power. The spirit of darkness had deceived Temporaz, he knew that changing the timeline would make Temporaz's power fade anyway, so giving him power didn't matter.

When Angealla, the spirit of light and heaven resurrected Blitz and Rainbow Dash, the timeline became even more unstable. A pony that had been removed from the timeline was then re-inputted back into the timeline, without altering time, she was simply resurrected by Angealla. Temporaz noticed this, but was too weak to remove Rainbow Dash and Blitz from the timeline again. As his power faded, the Equestrian timeline began to merge with Earth's.

While the change was unnoticed by citizens of either world, the merging timeline's dragged one person, Anne Halavan a freshmen in college into Equestria.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Anne!"

Anne Halavan had been a freshmen in college for 3 months. She was still having trouble getting used to the new lifestyle. But at least she had her friend Kathy who was a lot more organized than she was.

"Yea sorry Kathy, I'm just really tired. Didn't get a lot of sleep last night."

"Well, maybe because you were watching My Little Pony or whatever it is until 3 am."

Anne was probably one of the most obsessive bronies ever. Her room was filled with pictures of ponies, mostly Rainbow Dash since she was her favorite. Besides, she had a lot in common with the cyan pegasus. They were both reckless, unorganized and never really listened to anyone else.

"Yea sure." Anne said sarcastically, even though she knew Kathy was right.

The later she stayed up watching the show the worse she would be in school. She didn't want to get kicked out of college but she was so used to watching the show all the time.

"Maybe you should go to rehab for it? Haha."

"Ha."

Anne let out a weak laugh at her friends joke, still too tired to actually laugh.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Ugh....this can't be happening..."

Temporaz stood in his realm, staring at a vision from Equestria, watching Rainbow Dash and Blitz flying around and playing.

"Their.... their existence is doing this to me. If this continues, I'll fade away with no hope of returning. If I had my power I could simply re-add them to the timeline but it's too late. Alphion planned this perfectly, and now as time spirals out of control, darkness grows and Alphion will return...."


________________________________________________________________________________

"............"

Angealla stood above the clouds of the spirit world watching all the spirits move on with their daily lives. It wasn't any different than Ponyville. It was a life after death for every pony."

"I knew that this would happen...... with Temporaz's power fading and darkness rising, my power fades as well. And if I'm gone, the souls of dead ponies will have no refuge. And Alphion will return, and finally accomplish his goal. I shouldn't have resurrected them, but it's too late now."

________________________________________________________________________________

"Dashie, I know you. What's wrong?"

"You really wanna know Blitz?"

"Yes Rainbow, please. Tell me whats bothering you."

"Well, when Alphion took Sweetie Belle into the nightmare I couldn't sleep the night before for no apparent reason. When he first enveloped Equestria to capture me, Fluttershy couldn't sleep the night before, again for no reason.

"What's your point?"

"After we were revived by Angealla, the day you told me, well you know what."

It was the day Blitz admitted that she liked Rainbow Dash. The cyan Pegasus felt awkward about it at first, but she began to shake the thought.

"What happened that day?"

"Right before you told me that, Pinkie Pie said the same thing. She couldn't sleep the night before."

Blitz was speechless. She thought Alphion was gone forever.

"But nothing happened that day, so it could have just been a coincidence."

"I guess so, bit it's still bothering me."

"Well, if you're stressed, I can help you out."

Normally Dash would avoid Blitz's show of affection, but she was too lost in thought to care.

________________________________________________________________________________

Deep in the dark remains of what used to be Alphion's nightmare a small black clouds began to form in the center of the void. The cloud grew bigger and it began to swirl.

The clouds burst, filling the already dead air with a thick gray fog. As it cleared, a figure stood where the black cloud was. Standing there was the spirit of darkness.... Alphion.

"Hmph. Seems like this world just can't get enough of me."

He raised his arms and up from the ground rose the illusions of Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack and Twilight. Behind them however, was a sixth figure. It had a faded cyan color. It stepped forward towards Alphion. It was an illusion of Rainbow Dash.

"Come girls, we have planning to do."

_________________________________________________________________________________

"Temporaz."

"Yes Angealla, I know."

"The world has grown unstable. With both of us weakened there is nothing we can do except hold back Alphion as long as we can. We will slowly die out, we might as well die defending what we were created to defend."

"I'm afraid it's too late Angealla. We can not travel to Alphion's nightmare, simply being in his realm will destroy us. And I'm afraid we have another issue."

"What?"

"With the timeline growing more unstable, Equestria and Earth are beginning to merge. If the worlds combine and the timeline's merge, it will cause a temporal catastrophe, ultimately destroying time."

"Damnit, this is all happening so fast. I wish we had more time to take action."

"I'm afraid there is no time, the worlds have already slightly dipped into each other. I'm afraid that soon ponies in Equestria will become humans on earth and humans on earth will be turned into ponies here in Equestria."

Angealla's head dropped. All hope was lost for the future of both worlds and Alphion had not even struck yet. Maybe he wouldn't even have to, the world was being destroyed anyway. Then Alphion would step in and take the souls of every dead pony and maybe even the humans as well."

"All I know is what human will change first."

"Who?"

"A young teen by the name of Anne Halavan."

"When?"

"By tomorrow at least. And by next week, time will have collapsed."

________________________________________________________________________________

Anne walked into her dorm room.

"Good night Kathy."

"Good night. Don't stay up too late Anne, ha."

Anne shut the door and looked at her computer. For awhile she just looked at it, wondering if she should watch My Little Pony or not. She shook her head and changed into her night clothes and laid down in her bed. She closed her eyes and fell asleep.

She awoke the next morning in an unfamiliar place. She was in a grassy field, laying down on the ground. She stood up and looked into the distance and saw a small town. She began to walk toward it when she looked at her hands. Except, she didn't see her hands, she saw something different. Hooves.