• Published 21st Apr 2012
  • 906 Views, 23 Comments

The Temporal Shattering - There Is Nothing Here



Alphion returns to Equestria, with his sights set on domination.

  • ...
3
 23
 906

Alphion's Return (Part 1)

"Angealla. Today's the day... Equestria and Earth have merged insanely fast. Time has accelerated out of control."

"I know Temporaz. There's nothing we can do anymore. We have to put our faith in Rainbow Dash and Blitz."

Temporaz didn't say a word. Angealla turned around and saw the spirit of time slowly fading.

"Goodbye Angealla..."

Temporaz's body disappeared, his soul never to find any peace. When ponies died they were sent to Angealla's realm. Spirits were not supposed to die, because light and darkness was supposed to be balanced. But no longer, time had shattered and darkness ruled over light. Angealla's body began to shimmer.

"Guess it's time for me to go."

She looked down at the souls of the ponies of the spirit world. Unless Alphion was defeated and the world was healed they would wander oblivion for eternity.

"Blitz, Rainbow Dash.. please don't give up."

The spirit of light's body shimmered one last time. Then there was a small flash of light, and Angealla was gone.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Rainbow Dash!"

The cyan Pegasus turned around and saw her friend Blitz next to her.

"What is it Blitz?"

"I've searched all around Equestria, I can't find any other human ponies, I think we've found them all."

"Only 50? I thought that there would be a lot more."

"Yea but how are we supposed to hide all of them? I mean, its not an easy task and then we still have to do something about Alphion."

"I don't know Blitz, I don't know. Lets take this one step at a time."

The two Pegasi began to think hard for a few minutes. Then a human pony walked over to them, it was Anne. Out of all the human ponies, Anne understood what was actually going on. She had seen the show before and already knew just about everything about Equestria.

"Rainbow Dash."

"What is it Anne?"

"I wish I could help you stop Alphion ,but I know nothing about him. But I do know where we can hide everyone else."

The two Pegasi knew what she meant when she said anyone, humans spoke a lot differently than ponies.

"Where?" Blitz replied quickly.

"Follow me."

Rainbow Dash flew up a few feet. She gathered all the human ponies and explained to them what exactly was going on. She told them about Alphion, and how time was freezing. She told them that Angealla and Temporaz had likely faded away and Alphion was free to do as he pleased. After every pony was calm, Anne began to lead them to the hiding place.

"Wait a minute! The Elements of Harmony, we might need them."

"Wait, Dash." Bltiz said.

"What's the point? Without Twilight and the others the elements are useless."

"Not necessarily."

The two Pegasi turned around. Behind them stood Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy.

"Look, when we freeze in time we will be incapable of performing any actions. However, our souls still contain the elements. If you could somehow transport our bodies, the elements could be used."

Rainbow Dash fetched the Elements of Harmony, while Blitz looked for a carriage to transport Twilight and the others bodies.

Every pony was ready to set out. It was still pouring rain and the thunder was booming. Lightning occasionally struck the ground near the ponies but no pony was hit. Then, the sky darkened even more, making it nearly impossible to see more than 10 feet in front of you. Rainbow Dash felt a wave of dread flow over her. Lightning struck the ground again near her, she jumped away. There was a loud cracking noise beneath her. She put one hoof forward and nearly fell forward. The thunder roared once again and the rain came down even harder.

"BLITZ!"

There was no reply. Rainbow's voice was quickly drowned out by more cracking and thunder. The ground beneath her began to shake vigorously, throwing her off balance. Then suddenly, everything stopped. The thunder, the rain, the cracking. Light slowly began to shine and sight was restored. Rainbow Dash flew up. The ground was shattered, with huge canyons that seemed bottomless all around. She looked around, all of the human ponies were ok, scared out of their minds, but ok. She looked at Twilight. Twilight's body had turned gray and she was stiff. The same for Rarity, Applejack and the others.

Everything around her was the same, the buildings. Even the raindrops were suspended in mid air. Did time just stop? Probably, since it seemed that that was the only explanation, I mean, the world was just ripping itself apart and then it all stopped. The cyan Pegasus flew over to the group of human ponies. They put Twilight and the others frozen bodies onto the cart, and set off.

________________________________________________________________________________

The thunder no longer roared and the rain no longer soaked the coats of the ponies. The wind no longer blew, causing all of the ponies to remain soaking wet. The air was dry, even though suspended raindrops floated everywhere. The moving group of human ponies trembled in fear as they saw the creatures of Equestria frozen in place. Everything pony or animal that lived in Equestria was frozen in time. Most of these human ponies had no idea what Equestria was either, only around 3 or 4 of them, including Anne were bronies. This was their dream to be able to be in Equestria, but not under these circumstances.

"This is it."

Anne came to a halt. Every other pony stopped behind her.

"I know this place..." Rainbow Dash said softly.

She remembered this was where all the animals used to hibernate, Fluttershy would wake them all up for the Winter Wrap Up. The cyan Pegasus let out a small chuckle. She remembered that one time when Fluttershy and Applejack were arguing because Applejack needed the snow melted fast so she could plant her seeds. Then Fluttershy needed it melted snow so she had time to wake up all the animals.

"This is a perfect spot."

Dash turned her head, Blitz was looking around at the open animal hollows.

"If we break away a little of the bark on some of the trees we can fit in them. I'm sure with some minor adjustments they would make good temporary homes."

"Then it's settled, Anne, Blitz, every pony else, lets get to work. We have little time before Alphion begins to march upon Equestria. Remember, he thinks we're all frozen in time, so if he doesn't see us in Ponyville, he will come looking, so don't stray too far from the clearing."

Every pony nodded their heads and began chipping away at the trees.

________________________________________________________________________________

Alphion stood in his domain, gazing through his portal to Equestria.

"Perfect. Equestria's timeline has officially shattered and Angealla and Temporaz are gone. And I didn't have to do a thing."

The spirit of darkness turned around and looked at his new army. His army was composed of the illusions of Rainbow Dash, Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie, Fluttershy and Rarity. Standing next to them were the black shadows, which were the creatures that were used to drag ponies into Alphion's nightmare during his second attempt to envelop Equestria. They were primarily used to simply hit ponies and instantly drag them to the nightmare, but now using Alphion's powers, they had a different purpose. Their primary goal now was to simply slaughter any living thing that stood in their way.

Alphion no longer wanted ponies to suffer in his nightmare, that plan was ruined twice by Rainbow Dash. Now, he just wanted the soul of every living creature incinerated. He had gone completely insane, he didn't realize that Equestria without temporal control, would eventually collapse. The entire planet would shatter, leaving nothing but a large cloud of smoke.

The deranged spirit turned his head to the left. There was one more pony standing there, it took a step forward into the small shimmer of light in the room. Alphion looked first at its head, noticing it's cracked horn and dark black mane, which was turned a dark red in places due to bloodstains. He looked down a bit more at his white mane and dark black soulless eyes. It's left eye had a long scar running through it, which was still oozing blood slightly. It's front right leg had no skin, exposing the bones. Around it's body was small but deep gashes, with dried blood surrounding them. The ends of it's wings were charred and it's port wing was slashed open near the end.

"It's good to have you back, Black Flare."

Black Flare began to breath heavily, slightly limping as he walked towards Alphion.

"It's....good...to be back."

His voice was almost silent, but his words echoed in the room.

Alphion must have brainwashed him, because before he was knocked out in the nightmare, he struck back against Alphion, and gave the Amulet of Screaming Agony back to Rainbow Dash.

"I hope that you won't fail me this time."

"No master.......I..... won't fail again......"

"Good, now go!"

Alphion's voice thundered as he commanded the alicorn. Black Flare led the illusions and the black shadows through the portal, and into Equestria.