• Published 21st Apr 2012
  • 906 Views, 23 Comments

The Temporal Shattering - There Is Nothing Here



Alphion returns to Equestria, with his sights set on domination.

  • ...
3
 23
 906

Alphion's Return (Part 2)

Time had stopped in Equestria. Temporaz and Angealla had faded away leaving Alphion as the only spirit left to govern the elements of the world. His original plan was to separate Rainbow Dash from the rest of the Elements of Harmony and drown every pony of Equestria in a nightmare. But after being defeated by his old minion, Sonic Spark he was done letting anyone survive... Black Flare and his army would merciless slaughter any living thing in Equestria. After time collapsed everything in the Equestrian timeline was frozen still. There would be no resistance... no survivors... no hope...

Black Flare and his army slowly wandered the open plains of Equestria. Everything was gray, the trees, the grass, the sky, the suspended raindrops. Whenever or wherever they saw another living creature, its body would be taken back to Alphion's lair, where its soul would be used to empower him. The only surviving ponies left were Rainbow Dash, Blitz, and the rest of the human ponies. Hopefully they could hide long enough to come up with a plan to stop the dark lord and end his reign. But how?


Rainbow Dash awoke in her hollow. She slowly stood up, her legs were sore, these hollows weren't very comfortable for a pony. It was fine for the woodland creatures that used to inhabit them, but they were to small for a grown mare. She stepped out of her hollow. No pony else was awake yet.

"This makes day 3." she said silently to herself.

Angealla had instructed Rainbow Dash and Blitz to round up any humans that had turned into ponies cause by the merging timelines and hide them. Well, they were hidden, but what could she do to stop Alphion? The Elements of Harmony could only temporarily banish him, as they did before. He was defeated before when he absorbed Sonic Sparks soul and she used his own power against him. But time began to accelerate out of control and he came back again. Was it possible to defeat him? A better question would be, did he know where they were?

Questions flooded the mares head and she began to feel dizzy. She began to hear voices in her head, screaming at her. It sounded like ponies screaming in pain calling for help. The cyan Pegasus jammed her hooves over he ears and collapsed to the floor.

She opened her eyes, only to find herself lying down back in her hollow. She lifted her head and saw Blitz enter.

"Hey you're awake. What happened out there? I woke up and saw you on the ground. You were shaking vigorously as if you had just had a nightmare."

"I, I don't know I went outside and I guess I just kind of got lost in thought. Then I heard voices and screaming in my head and I just passed out..."

Blitz began to frown, she hated seeing her friend in such a state of torture. Even after leaving Alphion's nightmare, any thoughts of him just made her go insane.

"You'd better get some rest, I'll make sure everything stays under control until then."

The cyan Pegasus didn't respond, her eyelids closed and she drifted off to sleep.


Rainbow Dash opened her eyes, she didn't see the bark ceiling of her hollow. Instead she saw nothing but an endless void of dark purple. She stood up, in every direction she saw the same thing, the same purple void. She could see small bright white lights twinkling in the distance. Was this a dream? It had to be. The rainbow maned Pegasus slammed her eyes shut and opened them again, normally this would wake her up from a dream, but it didn't work.

She began walking straight ahead. It seemed that no matter how far she walked the scenery didn't change and she didn't grow any closer to the lights.

"What is this place?" she said quietly.

The confused Pegasus heard a small noise behind her, it sounded like a hoof hitting the ground. She jerked her head around.

"Hello. Is any pony there?"

Her voice echoed throughout the dream. She heard a faint menacing laugh in the distance, it sounded very familiar. She knew she had heard it before, but where? and when?

The laugh echoed once again and Rainbow Dash froze. Her body turned cold and she turned stiff, her heart race began to increase. She knew this echoing menacing voice, it was one of Alphion's illusions, Fluttershy.

"Hi Rainbow Dash.... did you miss me?"

The petrified Pegasus whirled around, she saw the shadow of the illusion run away. She heard the illusions voice again, this time behind her. She turned around again and still nothing.

"Behind you!"

Rainbow Dash turned around, still nothing. Fluttershy was, taunting her. Just then, the Pegasus felt a cold hoof on her shoulder. She spun around to see the illusion of Fluttershy standing completely still behind her. She was just as terrifying as the first time Rainbow Dash had seen her. The rainbow maned Pegasus gulped.

"Wh, what do you want from me?"

"Relax Rainbow Dash, I'm not here for you. This is just a, warning. From Alphion. While he cannot tell where you are in the physical world, he can still reach you here."

Rainbow Dash let out a sigh. Did this mean she would be stuck in this dream to be tortured? The illusion let out a soft maniacal laugh.

"I know what you're thinking, no it is not true. This is a dream, not Alphion's Nightmare, he has no influence over your body or soul. I'm just here to deliver a message."

The cyan Pegasus began to sweat and slowly backed away from the abomination of her friend.

"Well what is it?"

The illusion cleared her throat.

"My dear Rainbow Dash, looks like you've managed to survive even under conditions such as these. While I have no idea how or why you and these other ponies remain in MY world, I will no longer stand for your meddling. Run and hide as much as you like, but my army is sweeping across Equestria as we speak. You and any other living creature will be mercilessly slaughtered. Live the remainder of your life making peace with whatever demons you have left. Because soon, I will paint the ground of Equestria with you're blood."

The illusion of Fluttershy backed away, and faded away. Rainbow Dash began to scream.

"AHHHH!"

She jammed her hooves over her ears, she was freaking out, going insane. She just wanted all this to end, why couldn't it all end? Even in death she wouldn't escape Alphion, Angealla's spirit world was gone and Alphion's minions would capture her soul in a second.

The cyan Pegasus opened her eyes and sat up with a freak movement in her hollow. Blitz, who was sitting next to her jumped back in fright.

"Jeez, Rainbow. You scared me! What happened."

"......................................Come. We need to talk."

The two Pegasi exited the hollow.


"Blitz!"

The red maned Pegasus turned around.

"What is it Anne?"

"We have bad news. Look..."

The human pony turned around and pointed her hoof at the horizon.

"Oh no."

Blitz's eyes turned dark. She stood in awe as the ravaged Black Flare and his army of shadows slowly walked towards the encampment.

"They don't know were here yet, we can still hide!"

Anne and Blitz gathered up all the human ponies and rushed them into their hollows. Then they both ran into Rainbow Dash's hollow to hide.

The three sat in complete silence as Alphion's army passed through the camp. Just as they thought everything was going to be ok, they heard a noise from outside.

"Hello? Anybody here?"

Rainbow Dash peered out. One of the human ponies had stumbled out of the woods into the camp. Black Flare turned around and gazed into the helpless human pony's eyes.

"Hi there." He said with a grim smile on his face.

The human pony backed away slowly, tears beginning to fall from her eyes. She knew what was about to happen. Blitz began to cry as well and she turned her head away. Rainbow Dash and Anne followed. They heard a sharp, ear shattering scream from outside. Tears began to run down the red maned Pegasus's eyes.

"Search the area. There may be more of them."

Rainbow Dash's heart stopped. Surely they would check the hollows. They needed to get out of there now. But how? They were surrounded, Black Flare had an army and all they had was a few human ponies. Rainbow Dash looked at the frozen bodies of her friends to the right. She turned to the left and saw Blitz sobbing quietly and Anne holding back tears. She didn't what she had to do, but she had to get her friends out of here.

Alphion was back... unless she did something, the last hope for Earth and Equestria and every human and pony who inhabited them was gone.