• Published 31st Aug 2014
  • 831 Views, 24 Comments

Magic Paint Brushes 2: A New Canvas To Paint On - Ugly-Duckling123



In their most recent visit to Equestia, Sarah and Eric can tell something is very very wrong...

  • ...
3
 24
 831

Chap 6

After they got back and passed Abby at the door, the three went off to find everyone else finding it rather easy since they just had to follow the yelling.

In the library the group was split in two for what to do. Half were saying they should go and find Sarah and Jack, while the other was saying they can handle themselves.

"What's with all the shouting?" Jack asked when then got in. "I thought libraries were meant to be quiet?"

This put an end to the shouting as everyone looked up to see Pinkamena, Sarah and Jack standing at the door releaved that they were alright.

"So what side were on Sir Eric?" Sarah asked curtsying mockingly.

"On the side that said you can handle yourself, fair Princess." Eric said standing with the other Elements returning her gesture with a bow.

"Well at least you finally agree and can trust me to be on my own," Sarah said walking to the second level to be welcomed by the others.

"Yeah took him long enough didn't it?" Jack said shaking an old broken pocket watch.

"For those who don't know which I'm slightly hoping is all of you," Sarah said "This is my cousin Jack. And I apologize in advance for anything he might do while we're here."

"Even if that 'thing' stops Sombra and Chryssy cuz?" Jack said in a form of a child holding a flower of forgiveness his eyes wide.

"Well I'm not going to say sorry to those Changlings who got me at the river no." she said getting gasps in return "But I don't think burning their wings off or killing them," she said shivering slightly "was the right way to deal with things."

"So you wanted to be taken by them?" Jack asked.

"Of course not! Agh..." she said gripping her head and scrunching up her face.

"You alright Sugarcube?" Applejack asked coming over to see.

"I'm fine," Sarah said. "Just a bit tired, that's all."

"You can't lie to an Apple Sugarcube," Applejack said quietly.

"I'm fine. Really." Sarah said looking around seeing worried looks playing with her bracelet that was beginning to feel a bit warm.

"So any ideas on where to look for Cadence," Jack said cutting the conversation sitting on top of the shelves. "I mean we'd want to make sure she's safe before we destroy those two, we can't really ask them when their gone can we?"

"My guess, is that Chrysalis is keeping her in the Canterlot caves again." Twilight said pulling out a map and showing the others what was written on it. "But this time she'll have her Changelings and has Sombra's magic helping her so it won't be as easy getting her out."

"Some way to spend our anniversary right Princess?" Eric whispered to her as they stood at the back of the group.

"Can we help the ponies and then worry about that?" Sarah asked sighing looking at the filly's who she felt looked too young to be in a situation like this.

"Apparently they get into worse trouble than this every other day," Eric said seeing what Sarah was looking at smiling slipping his hand into hers.

"Attention at the back." a voice cried snapping the two to look forward complete with blushes and giggles from the others.


After the meeting was broken, Sarah went to see Celestia and Luna not sure what to say or how to start.

"I'm sorry we weren't here to help sooner Your Highness's," she said rubbing her arm and looking away in shame "There were... complications back home." she said looking over at Jack who was playing a game of Blind-Man's-Bluff with the Crusaders.

"That's quite alright my dear," Celestia said asking her to follow them outside where it was a bit quieter. "Your head aches are another matter though." she said after the door shut.

"When did they start?" Luna asked worried.

"The first one was back home just before we came here, like 3:30 in the afternoon I guess." she replied "And another happened when Jack and I were coming back from the river just now. Each time my bracelet felt warm until it passed."

"And they only just started?" Luna asked rubbing her chin.

"Yes." Sarah replied.

"Ideas Sister?" Celestia asked.

"I think Tia, Sarah's headaches may be connected to what happening with Equestria." Luna said to the both of them. "If they have only just started it must be because Harmony in Equestria is not balanced because of the fear and darkness Sombra and Chrysalis are creating."

"So I'm going to keep having these headaches until they're stopped?" Sarah asked.

"Well there is another way to stop your head hurting," Discord said appearing in a flash of light "But I don't think Tia or Lulu would let me do it." Discord said in a stage magician's outfit a saw in his lions paw.

"I think I can put up with them for a while." Sarah said smiling and gritting her teeth through another attack.

"Well if you change your mind," he said zapping out of there.

"Don't worry about Discord, Sarah." Celestia said coming over. "Even though he's the spirit of Chaos, he'll never do anything to ever kill anyone or anything."

"That's something then," Sarah said quietly playing with her bracelet again wondering what would happen if she took it off to stop her wrist from being burnt off looking at the shadows in the corner of the hall sure she saw them move.

After a few minutes the three of them went back into the room for a night of laughs and games before they risk their lives to save Equestria.