• Published 31st Aug 2014
  • 831 Views, 24 Comments

Magic Paint Brushes 2: A New Canvas To Paint On - Ugly-Duckling123



In their most recent visit to Equestia, Sarah and Eric can tell something is very very wrong...

  • ...
3
 24
 831

Chap 30

Author's Note:

Wow 30 chapters... I really did not think this story would go on for this long. :twilightsheepish:

But for those who have got here, thank you for sticking to it and I promise it's getting there.

Love U-D123 :yay:

PS A big thanks to DisneyFanatic23 for letting me use the skating lesson tips (even though she admitted she 'borrowed them from my ski instructor')

Back in Whitetail, everyone had their eyes on Jack who was prancing around on the ice as if there wasn't a care in the world jumping when he needed to to avoid Chrysalis' attacks, and landing gracefully back down after shooting at her as if this was a game sliding pass a judges table with three more Jacks all holding up 10 on their score cards.

"Will you stay still you ungrateful little whelp!" Chrysalis screamed having trouble even standing on the ice, her hooves sliding out from under her.

"Now why oh why would I do that Chryssy?" Jack asked circling her and returning to the center of the lake. "We're always moving anyway, so what does it matter if I'm moving just a tiny bit more than you are?"

All the Changelings were trying to hide their laughter at how big a fool this boy was making of the Queen.

All the Ponies were watching with baited breaths watching the ice rather than the ones on it all wishing it stays solid enough for Jacks plan to play out.

1, Get Chryssy to the lake
2, Get her to the center of the lake
3, She falls in
4, And becomes a Change-cicle

"I hope your cousin knows what he's doing Sarah," Suzy said just as nervous as Sarah her keen eye starting to see marks on the ice.

"Me too," Sarah returned her mind reliving that day on the ice...


"Come on cuz don't you want to join us?" Jack asked coming over with Emma who was just learning to skate, to Sarah who was reading a book.

"I only came to make sure you didn't do anything stupid Jack," Sarah said looking over the top of the book.

"Huh?" Jack said as he took Emma back out "I wonder why Sarah doesn't want to skate with us Em. You have any ideas?"

"I think she just scared Jack," Emma said in her sweet just-gotten-three-years-old-on-that-day voice.

"I am not scared," Sarah said calling out to them not taking her eyes off of the book.

"Then come onto the ice," they both cried Emma giggling as Jack lifted her above his head like professional skaters.

Knowing this wont go away until she did, Sarah put down her book, slipped on her skates and stepped onto the ice, waving her arms around to get her balance.

"There, whoa..." Sarah said sliding over to her cousins slowly. "I'm on here. Now can I get off?" she asked loosing her footing and landing on her bum in the center of the frozen lake.

"No way," Jack said leaving Emma for a bit coming over to help Sarah back up laughing. "Now I need to teach you how to skate so you don't fall over," he said catching her just as she was about to fall again wrapping his arms around hers.

"I can do it myself," Sarah said shaking him off "Just tell me what to do," she said looking down to her feet not seeing the light markings on the ice.

"Fine," Jack said zooming around in front of her so she can see what he was explaining to do as he did it. "Ok, the simplest trick is French Fries and Pizza," Jack began "Keep your feet facing forward to speed up as you skate, and point your toes in to slowdown, and you get going just like you would if you were walking. Any questions?" Jack asked smiling at her.

"Can you go over the french fries and pizza again?" Sarah said having trouble even standing up almost falling over again.

"It's not all that hard Sarah," Emma said coming over as Jack sighed and skated away a bit leaving his sister to teach their cousin to skate.

"First you move one foot, say your right one," she said doing so herself telling Sarah to follow orders. "Good. Now you move the other one and slide it a bit more forward than the first one." Again she did as she instructed Sarah to do.

"Ok, now I know how to move," Sarah said out loud "But that doesn't explain the Pizza Hut order Jack gave out."

"I'm getting to that," Emma said spinning circles around her older cousin checking she was doing it right. "Ok so to keep going and sooner or later speed up, keep your skates pointing forward, like french fries and then when you want to slow down again, point your toes slightly as if it were a piece of pizza... You get it now?" Emma asked finally stopping slack bang right in front of Sarah with wide eyes.

"French Fries speed up, Pizza slow down, slide walk to move," Sarah recited taking in a deep breath, closed her eyes, moved her foot, and fell flat on her face.

'CRACK!'

Everyone froze where they were on the lake searching where that noise came from all three pairs of eyes pointing to just under Sarah all three now seeing the lines in the ice that were only getting wider, and deeper the longer she was there.

"Sarah don't move," Jack said getting her to pay attention to him instead as he took off his skates and slowly and carefully made it over to the two girls.

"No Jack get back, it wont hold all three of us," Sarah said trying to get up but that one made it worse.

"DON'T MOVE SARAH!" Jack commanded.

"Jack..." Emma said looking over to her brother then to her cousin, then the ice "I'm scared..."

"I know Em..." Jack said getting as close as he could looking all around for something to help them "But it's going to be alright, neither of you are going to fall in. Er..." he said spotting his fathers walking stick they 'borrowed' on the ice "We're all going to have some fun instead..."

"No we're not!" both girls said one slightly in tears the other annoyed that he was facing danger with a smile on that dumb face.

"Come on girls," Jack said looking to the sky for a bit "Would I trick you?"

"Yes!" the said together "You always play tricks."

"Ok, yeah you're right," Jack said agreeing "But not... Not this time, I promise. You have to trust me." Jack said looking from one girl to the other eventually getting nods.

"You girls want to play a game. We're going to play Hop-Scotch like we play everyday," Jack said eyes moving over to the walking stick "Look, it's as easy as One..." Jack began making Emma laugh and scaring Sarah even more as he pretended to lose his balance. "Two... Three." he said now next to the stick his eyes still on the girls.

"Ok, now it Sarah's turn," Jack said holding the stick in his hand.

"No," Sarah said cutting him off "Get Em off the ice first," she said not sure how this was going to work.

"No offense or anything, by this cuz " Jack said holding the stick out to right in front of her "But between the two of you you're the heavier one, so you need to get off that patch of ice first, I'll recuse Em as soon as you're safe. Now grab the stick."

"But..."

"Sarah Jones do you want to live or not?" Jack asked sternly loosing his cool for a bit as the cracks got even wider with Sarah moving to reach for the stick.

Saying nothing but looking at Jack with daggers Sarah grabbed the hook of the stick, and Jack pulled with all his might sliding Sarah to the bank.

Jack was about to get Emma to grab the stick now when after at long last the ice gave way and Emma fell in.

"Emma!" the two six-year-olds cried together, eyes on the hole both of them holding their breaths waiting for the birthday girls head to come out of it.

Two minutes - Nothing was happening, but she was obviously going to come up again soon right?

Five minutes - Their parents voices were calling out to them to come in from the cold, but they didn't hear them.

Seven minutes - Both children knew the truth of the matter, but were shaking their heads tears coming down their faces eyes still on the hole.

Ten minutes - Their parents were coming over to see what was wrong and what was taking them so long.

As soon as they got there the spell was broken and Sarah pulled off her good for nothing skates and ran straight into her dads chest eyes red constantly repeating to Uncle Tom and Auntie Anna how sorry she was that this happened.

"Sarah, Sarah" her dad said unsurly hugging her and smoothing her hair "What happened?"

"In short Uncle Bill," Jack said in a almost-never-heard-from-Jack sad voice, his eyes to the ground "We don't need to worry about not getting Em that playhouse for her birthday anymore."

"Really?!" Sarah screamed pulling away from her dad and spinning around to face Jack. "We just lost Emma and all you can do is make fun about it?!"

"It was your clumsiness that made the ice start cracking Twinkle Toes!" Jack said anger now on his face now too.

"Well it was you and Emma who wanted me out on that death trap in the first place!" Sarah screamed pointing to the lake. Then trying to hold back the tears but failing to hide them, Sarah rushed back to the house went to the room her family were staying in while they were staying there, and soaked the pillow on her bed crying herself to sleep, her mind replaying what just happened out on the lake.


Back to the present Sarah almost screamed as she saw Jack almost exactly reenacting that fategul day with Chrysalis.

"Come on Chryssy it's not all that hard," he said spinning circles around her "Think of it as french fries and pizza. Oh wait you might never of heard of them have you? What with you always in the Badlands and feeding off of love."

"Silence you mismatched Student of Chaos," Chrysalis screamed her feet sliding out from under her once again making her land on her stomach.

'CRACK!'

The whole clearing (and library) went quiet and everyone's eyes pointed to just under Chrysalis everyone now seeing the lines in the ice that were only getting wider, and deeper the longer she was there.

"Choose you next few words carefully my dear," Jack said spinning a staff that just appeared in his right hand, looking vaguely familiar to Sarah, hovering a few inches above the ice meaning Chrysalis was the only one on there.

Silence, only daggers pointing to the boy, because you see even though, she was still fully able to use magic to get her out of this mess, Chrysalis is one of those, who if in the right predicament such as this forgets she can do that.

"Wow..." Jack said sticking his finger in his ear and pulling out a big ball of wax which he made into a mini figure of the Changeling Queen and tying her to a thick piece of wood as if it was a burning steak from olden times "Nothing? That's gotta be a first."

"Get me off this thing you... You..." Chrysalis said getting her voice back.

"Ah ah ah ah ah..." Jack said holding up his finger "Ask nicely Chryssy. Asking people to do thing for you Nicely gets you way better results. But then you may not know how to do that... So hope you like it there."

Jack was just about to turn and mid-air walk away when Chrysalis mumbled something into the ice.

"Er... Can you repeat that please Your Highness?" Jack said this time pulling out an even bigger ball of wax from his ear shifting it into a Jack wax statue.

"Can you help me get off this p... please?"

"One more time..." Jack asked his signature smirk on his face as he leaned on the staff as he gently lowered himself to the ice right in front of her.

Rolling her eyes and knowing she'll regret this, but also telling herself to destroy this freak once she was off this death trap Chrysalis asked again "Can you help me get off this please?"

"Well of course I will," Jack said holding out his hand which he swiped away just as her hoof was about to come down into it. "But I'm sure there are a few requests and such before that happens so... Princesses Celestia, Luna, Cadence and Twilight, I call upon you all to join us here to discuss matters with her royal highness Queen Chrysalis about the state of Equestia!" Jack called out to the sky through a big mega-phone.

After a couple of seconds, Jack turned to the new watch on his wrist, wondering what was taking the other two princess so long, seeing Twi and Cadence were already here, when two more Alicorns popped up out of no where in the middle of the woods looking around at what was going on.

As the princesses went over to speak to a still downed Chrysalis, Jack made it over to everyone else, spotting Discord was there now too a box of pop-corn in his left hand holding up his right for a high-five a big grin on his face.

"Well done my son," he said zapping up his Sensi of Chaos outfit bowing to Jack "You have learnt well."

"Arigatō Master," Jack said bowing back staff still in hand.

Just then Suzy and Sarah both decided to punch Jack with all their might on the arms.

"Ow..." Jack said backing off rubbing his arms where they hit him "Girls what was that for?"

"For scaring us to death ya bozo!" they both cried getting stifled laughs from everyone else.

"Well if it's always going to be this way I wont bother in..." he began but was cut off as Sarah first gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, then Suzy for a few seconds longer on the lips then said, both blushing...

"And that's for everything else."

Just then Jack thought it was the best time to faint a goofy smile on his face butterflies spiraling around his head.

"Good grief," Sarah said under her breath leaving Jack to be 'cared for' by Suzy, going back to Eric.

"Er... You're still mine right?" he said a bit wobbly on his feet.

"Eww... Eric he's my cousin for crying out loud," Sarah said overreacting jokingly "Of course you're still mine." she said kissing him now feeling more warm than she had felt throughout the whole stay there.

As they came apart all of Eric's injuries were all better and the last bits of Sarah were back to normal.

"Some anniversary," they said together.

~~*~~

Over by the lake the four Princesses of Equestria were going over the matters at hand that will be set in order, once Chrysalis was helped off of the ice.

"So I have to take, every last of my Changelings back to the Badlands where we have little food, and less water, and promise to never attack Equestria ever again?"

"Yes," Celestia said wings spread standing tall.

"No wait," Twilight said getting in between the two of them before they could bump hooves to seal the deal. "Princess, 'Every last Changeling' includes Suzy..." Twilight whispered pointing over to said Changeling still in her Human form and wearing her Warrior of Harmony outfit, even though Jack has gone back to his old outfit, laughing along with all who were around her, her hand in Jacks.

"Suzy Changeling," Luna called out to the group getting them all to look up and said Changeling to shift back to her true form slightly scared but coming over to the Princess of the Night.

"Yes Your Highness?" she asked not sure whether to bow or not seeing her Ex-Queen was just there.

"I'm only going to ask this once my dear," Luna said softly "It's a simple 'Yes No' question but one that may take a few minutes to decipher. And the right answer will reward you proudly, while the wrong one will not. Understand?" she asked a small smile on her lips seeing the spark she had with Jack as well.

"Yes You Highness," Suzy said a bit stronger looking into the Princess of the Night's eyes.

"The question I'm going to ask my dear," Luna began "Is... Do you still follow Queen Chrysalis?"