• Published 31st Aug 2014
  • 831 Views, 24 Comments

Magic Paint Brushes 2: A New Canvas To Paint On - Ugly-Duckling123



In their most recent visit to Equestia, Sarah and Eric can tell something is very very wrong...

  • ...
3
 24
 831

Chap 1

53 Cygnets Way, was home to a young girl by the name of Sarah Jones and across the road lived her boyfriend Eric Foster.

At first - five months ago, they weren't the best of friends, but when they found a secret message written on Eric's granddad's old paintings, and found themselves in a world of ponies and magic called Equestria, after fighting a great evil together and became Warriors of Harmony, they became the best of friends, with a paint brush that they can use to visit their friends in that world whenever they wished.

Being the Summer Holidays meant Sarah's parents were at home every night for dinner which, since they both ran the school down the road, was very rare.

Normally Sarah didn't care if they were there or not since she was used to it. But after hearing the news her mother just gave her, she wished they were still at the school.

"But why does he have to come over this weekend?" she asked trying to keep her anger in but failing a bit. "I had plans with Eric."

"You should be happy your cousin is coming over to see you Sarah." Mr Jones said unfazed by his daughter's complaints.

"Can't Jack come next week? You know when it's not my five-month-adversary with Eric so he can't tease me, or interfere with our date?" 'Not that he could mind you' she thought looking at her charm bracelet smiling on the inside thinking of her friends in Equestria.

"No Sarah, Jack is coming This weekend and that's that." Mrs Jones said strongly. "Now stop complaining and finish your dinner."

"I'm not hungry," Sarah said pushing her plate away and getting down from the table and going up to her room followed by her dog Midnight.

It wasn't just because of Eric that Sarah didn't want Jack to come over, she thought to her self as she played games on the internet before bed. She didn't want him coming over permanently. Jack was the one who always got into trouble and others too just for the laughs. And he never knew when to stop.

At the last family reunion, Jack switched the salt everyone was using for their fish and chips with sugar, challenged the kids to a tree climbing contest getting most of them stuck meaning the parents had to call the fire department, and while playing Blind-Mans-Bluff nearly got someone to break an leg because he was hanging from a branch over a hill so he wouldn't get caught because they would all fall down the hill instead of getting him.

'Bing' Sarah's computer sounded as a new message came in.

Hey Sarah guess what? I found out that there's going to be an Art Competition this weekend for 'teenagers and young adults'.
Think I should but the 'Mare in the Moon' in?
Eric

The 'Mare in the Moon' was the painting the two created together that was their first visit to Equestria, and since their return, it just sat in the corner of Eric's room with all of his granddad's paintings collecting dust.

It's up to you. But if you do don't say I helped ok, I don't want any... unwanted attention brought to me because of it.

Sarah replied.

'Bing'

What's wrong Princess? I thought you'd be happy about this. What with it being on our five-month-adversary and all.

I am. I was even thinking of visiting everyone. I'm sure Pinkie would like to do something about it. But I just learnt that my cousin Jack will be coming over, and staying for the weekend.

Sarah typed sighing looking at the blue balloon charm on the bracelet.

'Bing'

Ok, before I say don't worry, tell me... Does he have brown hair, brown eyes, always joking and playing pranks and getting others and himself into trouble?

Surprised that Eric just gave a perfect police suspect report about Jack, Sarah just wrote

HOW DO YOU JACK!

'Bing'

I lived somewhere else before I came here remember Princess. We went to the same school and because of one of his pranks, something about a cat in the kitchens on Tuna Tuesday, and I was the one the cat ran to for safety, I got a whole month's detention.

Did it get straightened out? Was he caught?

'Bing'

No. Apparently he wasn't on school grounds when it happened because 'he went home for lunch'.
When's he coming? Before we avoid him for the length of his stay, I'd like to give him his payment for that prank, if you know what I mean...

He's getting here Friday night and staying the whole weekend.
You think we can stay in Equestria that long so we wont have to deal with him?

'Bing'

Probably. But we come back where and when we leave remember. So I don't think that will work.

Oh yeah... Still up for the cinema tomorrow?

Sarah asked a new smile on her face changing the subject.

'Bing'

Sure. And don't worry Princess, I'll protect you from that tyrant when he comes to steal you away.

Thank you good sir knight. But I can handle myself remember...

'Bing'

It's not my fault! Moony locked me in that dungeon remember? When are you going to let that go?

Laughing a bit at how quick the message came back Sarah just replied.

When you admit that I can... Or when the responses become less funny.

'Bing'

Ok You can handle yourself. Happy? Now can you stop?

Alright... for now.
Well I'm signing off. A princess needs her rest you know. Oh and good luck with the competition.

'Bing'

Thanks. See you tomorrow then. XX :)

After smiling at the final message Sarah turned off her computer and went to bed wishing Jack would of changed in the years they had spent apart, but knew that he would never change. Turning over to her side, Sarah closed her eyes feeling the charm bracelet on her wrist warm up a bit, but not caring and went to sleep.