• Published 17th Aug 2014
  • 2,015 Views, 98 Comments

Gildaloo - Bysen



Scootaloo is the eldest of her friends and the first to reach the drinking age. She goes out to a pub one night and meets an an older woman and the two hit it off.

  • ...
19
 98
 2,015

I Hate Mondays

So turns out the person she’d asked to cover for her on Saturday hadn’t shown up for work and now Gilda was in the shit. She was a little pissed off at Scootaloo but more pissed off on that slacker Lightning Dust for not filling in for her like she’d asked. It wasn’t that big of a deal, all that really happened was she’d gotten stuck with the early shift because of it. 3am to 3pm. The day had been long and tiring but it was finally over as Gilda headed towards the car park.

~ ~

The day had been long and tiring but it was finally over. Mondays suck. To top it all off, Scootaloo still hadn’t said much to Rumble beyond ‘hey’ the entire day. She’d planned too. As much as she didn’t want to she knew she should. At the very least they could clear the air between the two of them and tell each other how they actually felt. Hell, for all she knew Rumble wasn’t romantically interested in her at all.

Rumble, Scootaloo and a few of their other friends all walked out of the front gate towards the pick up spot, waiting for their lifts. None of them had... well actually one of them had a license, just no car to go with it. As usual Scootaloo and Rumble were waiting on her dad for a lift just like every other Monday. And like every other Monday, and every other weekday for that matter, he wouldn’t be there until about 3:30, another twenty odd minutes.

The group split off as everyone began to leave. A small amount of time passed and eventually the last few of their friends left as their bus arrived, leaving just the two of them sitting alone together on a small log fence. Of course that was the norm for Scootaloo and Rumble and was usually absolutely fine. Today however, it was just awkward. At least for Scootaloo. Rumble was blissfully unaware that today was any different to any other day.

“Hey.” Scootaloo turned to Rumble and asked.

“Yeah?” he replied, turning to meet her in turn.

“What are we doing here?”

“That’s one of life’s great mysteries…” he said as he turned back forwards and stared off into the sky. “Why are we here? Are we the product of some cosmic coincidence, or, is there really a god… watching everything? You know, with a plan for us and stuff. I don’t know man, but it keeps me up at night.” he answered. completely stunning Scootaloo in the process.

“...” Scootaloo was speechless. The only thing that eventually came to her minds was “What?” as Rumble turned back, looking towards Scootaloo once more. They stayed like that for a few moments as traffic passed by them. Including a totally bitching white motorbike with purple highlightings that both of them would have drooled over had they seen it go past.

“Huh?”

“I mean what are WE doing? Us. Like-" Scootaloo began but was distracted by a loud crash and scraping sound. She turned towards the sound. There was a bike, and an expensive high end one at that, just dumped on the the ground and someone coming towards them from it as the person fidgeted with their helmet strap getting it undone. The person, a woman, hadn’t crashed had they? Why else would you scratch up your ride like that so carelessly?

Before Scootaloo, or Rumble, could figure out any of this the helmet came flying in their direction. It didn’t come anywhere close to hitting them but it was a scare nonetheless. “What the fuck?!” Gilda yelled as they both got to see who had been riding that bike. “How old are you?!” she yelled at Scootaloo, even though she was just as pissed off at Rumble next to her too.

Scootaloo was taken aback by the question at first. Then it clicked with her: both she and Rumble, and every other student out front of her school where in their uniforms still. And Gilda had figured out what that meant. “W-wait, Gilda, I can explain…”

“I said how oLD ARE YOU!?!?!?” she started off calmly but graduated into full on yelling mid sentence.

“Sixteen.” Scootaloo muttered.

“Sixteen?!” Gilda shouted back as she came to a stop in front of Scootaloo who was still sitting on the fence. She reached out and grabbed her ‘friend’ by the scruff of her uniform and pulled her forwards, standing her up. “Do you know how much shit I could be in for this? I fucking kissed you for fuck sake! By Luna, if we had fucked that night I could fucking go to jail you dumb bitch!” Gilda yelled as she pushed Scootaloo back and over the fence.

She landed hard on her back with the lower half of her legs still dangling over the fence at the knee, making it hard for her to get back up. And if she’d thought about it at the time, kinda embarrassing too seems her uniform had a skirt. Luckily though attention was taken off of her as Rumble stood up and came to her defence yelling “What the hell are you doing?!”

“What the hell do you think?” she yelled back, fighting hard to resist the urge to punch this arrogant little twat. Instead she just hit him in a much worse way. “I found your fucking little girlfriend here in a gay bar and got further with her in one night than you have in however many years you’ve known her!” she shouted right into his face. He didn’t flinch to his credit but his gaze softened after he realised what she'd just said.

“Gilda!” shouted Scootaloo as she managed to pull herself back up over the fence. As she got to her feet Gilda turned back to her from Rumble. Again she grabbed Scootaloo by the scruff of her collar once more. This time however Scootaloo was prepared to fight back. She didn't have to though as Gilda was pulled away from her by a man who then stepped in between the two of them.

“What the hell are you doing to my daughter!” he yelled at this woman who to him just looked like a punk in a leather jacket and dyed hair as he took a defencive stance.

Gilda shook off the shove at turned back to Scootaloo’s father. They both scowled at each other for a moment before she made eye contact back with Scootaloo. At this the man took a step forward and was clearly ready to fight. She looked back at him then towards Rumble who was just as ready. As much of a badass as Gilda thought she was, she’d seen Scootaloo fight and these two other guys on top of that...

She tilted her head slightly and shook with rage before forcefully wiping her face of sweat. She turned and walked away, going off and grabbing her helmet. The three of them stayed at the ready as Gilda walked back towards her bike and picked it up off the ground. It was covered in scratch marks down the side it had been dumped on, along with a couple of scuff marks on her helmet but Gilda didn’t pay notice to any of them.

She simply got on her bike and turned the ignition. Holding it with one hand, she moved the straps of her helmet and readied to put it on. Before she did however she called out “Your daughter has a fake ID, she’s been drinking too.” then threw her helmet on her head, revved the bike and broke the speed limit in about a second as she rode of.

She had to get out of there. Not because she couldn’t take them, not because she was worried about being arrested for various things involving minors apparently, and not because she thought she’d won with that last line. But because when she’d wiped her face of sweat…

She was really wiping away her tears.

Author's Note:

Originally called 'Getting School'd' and then came a Scootaloo clopfic of that EXACT name so I had to change it.

BTW I like to think that Rumble calls Scootaloo's dad Misterloo.

I want to talk about this but literally anything I say will spoil events in the next chapter.