• Published 17th Aug 2014
  • 2,016 Views, 98 Comments

Gildaloo - Bysen



Scootaloo is the eldest of her friends and the first to reach the drinking age. She goes out to a pub one night and meets an an older woman and the two hit it off.

  • ...
19
 98
 2,016

Bad Things Come in Two's

“What the hell Gilda?!”

Scootaloo grabbed the phone away from her and desperately tried to figure out how to unsend a message. Spoilers: you can’t. “Congratulations. You’ve just sent your first drunk text.” Gilda laughed.

“I did not send that!” she half-shouted before trying to quickly call Rumble’s phone. She was surprised… he actually answered.

“Hey Scootaloo.” Rumble’s voice made her jump. It was downtrodden and though she didn’t know it herself, matched Scootaloo’s own of late.

“Hey, Rumble. Listen, I’m sorry about that text. I just-”

“No. You’re right… I-I’m an arse. I’m sorry for punching you and, well, being a dick. Tell ya what. Free shot. Anywhere you want… just please not in the nuts.” he said. And Scootaloo honestly didn’t know if he was joking or not.

“No, that’s alright. I’m sorry too. I know you like me but… I just don’t feel the same, you know? I get it, it’s gotta suck to hear but, we can still be f-” she began but was cut off.

“Don’t you dare fucking say ‘we can still be friends’!” he yelled over the phone.

“Y-you don’t want to…”

“No, no! I want to be friends… I just don’t want to hear that BS coming from you. Seriously, how do you not know those are like the most crushing words a chick can say to a guy?”

“Right… my bad.” Scootaloo laughed. They both did. They were both hurt, but they were both tough. But most importantly, they were both able to laugh about it.

To Gilda it was probably the best outcome she could’ve hoped for for the two of them. She drowned out the rest of the conversation between the two of them from there out, knowing that they were fine. And that she hadn’t caused a repeat of herself and one of her old friends.

“... Yeah, I’ll see you tomorrow. Alright, see ya.” was the last thing Scootaloo said before they both hung up. Gilda turned back to her friend afterwards, just in time her be lunged at as Scootaloo hugged Gilda tightly. “Thank you.” Scootaloo said softly. Gilda tried to return the hug but couldn’t as her own arms were pinned down from it. Instead she just flailed her hands and managed to tap them against Scootaloo’s thigh while gasping for air. “Oh, sorry ‘bout that.” Scootaloo said as she released the older girl.

“Tss, no prob.” Gilda replied awkwardly. She was too tough to admit it but everyone loves a good hug.

“Can I ask you something Gilda?”

“No…” Gilda replied sarcastically with a look that said ‘What do you think?...’.

“Where’d you get that sweet bike anyway?” Scootaloo asked. All she’d seen from that night she’d spent at her place was a lime-green jalopy.

“I’ve had that for a few years. What, you think that junker was my main car? Ha!”

“Where was it, and why didn’t you give me a lift on that thing then?”

“Only had one helmet. And it was in there with the car. What’d you think was under that tarp? A barbecue? And guess what. I got a new helmet for it like two weeks ago. If you’d come back ta the mall with me instead of bitching out and getting the bus I’d have given you a ride home on it too.

“Really?!”

“No. I still only have one helmet…” Gilda lied with a laugh. Scootaloo just shook her head and smiled slightly.

“Were you really that mad you’d just dump it on the ground? Looked like ya scratched the paint to hell on it.”

“Na. I’ve crashed that thing more than I’ve ridden it.”

“Starting to be glad I didn’t get a lift with you.” Scootaloo said as she reached for the drink that she’d forgotten about for around fifteen minutes now. It was warming but still fine and she drank most of it in one go, not having realised how thirsty and dry-mouthed all of this had made her.

And now she was just sitting there. Everything that needed to be said between them had been said at this point. There wasn’t really much left. Not to mention that her dad expected her home by ten. And yes, he knew exactly where she was. Kids will drink. Who cares? At least it would keep her from harder stuff like injecting marijuanas. Honestly, Scootaloo hadn’t done anything he hadn’t done herself when she was younger. Well, technically Scootaloo had gotten a fake ID good enough to ACTUALLY fool someone. Gilda hadn’t...

“Well…” Scootaloo said as she finished her gingerale off and turned to stand up from the bar. “I’m going ta head home… got school tomorrow.” she said with a chuckle that made Gilda just shake her head slightly. With that she stood up and began to leave.

Before she got more than a step away though, Gilda reach out and grabbed her arm. “You know… you don’t have to go just yet. Stay for a bit longer, alright.” Gilda said, even though it was more of a question.

“You know I can’t drink right?” Scootaloo asked.

“I know that. You know that. He doesn’t.”

“Hahaha… good point. Alright, I can stay for a while longer.” Scootaloo said before she retook her seat and turned to face Gilda. They both smiled at one another before Gilda turned to the bartender and waved him over and said...

“This round’s on me.”



The end.

Author's Note:

And because I’ve done this in my last 3 fics - ending theme song!

What's that, not a good way to end the story? There's no real shipping at all? Actually, the last line is the last lien of the first chapter too and what was ultimately the start of Gilda and Scootaloo's friendship. And like I said. this is an awkward friendship meeting story more than anything else.
This is the story of how the two met. Nothing more.

Short chapter. Well, it was originally part of the last chapter but I felt that building the conflict with Rumble and then resolving it in the same chapter didn't really work
Alright, so thing went a little too fast with Rumble there anyway.
There was meant to be another small joke in there [that was actually originally a major plot point] about those 3 muggers back in chapter two. Unfortunately I completely forgot about them while writing the finale and going back and adding them would require to much reworking. So instead...
Bonus Chapter coming tomorrow!