• Published 30th Jul 2014
  • 635 Views, 9 Comments

To embellish the world - TwiwnB



Rarity, a painting, wrinkles, old age and fat. And ice-cream at some point, of course, why avoid the cliché?

  • ...
 9
 635

Beautiful eyes that see

“Hello!” shouted Pinkie Pie, startling Rarity as she was coming out from the chimney, completely ignoring the smoke and the heat.

“Pinkie Pie? What are you doing into my chimney?” the unicorn asked, as curious as she was concerned about her friend safety.

“What are you doing?” Pinkie asked. “Are you going to hang that painting over the chimney? It must be a very valuable one!”

The apparition of the pink earth pony had made Rarity simmer down, and it seemed silly now to burn the painting, as if it was going to change anything whatsoever. The whole thing seemed silly at this point and in regard to Pinkie Pie’s genuine smile.

“Oh, that’s you!” Pinkie stated, looking at the painting.

“Yes, it’s me.” Confirmed Rarity.

“You look old and fat!” joyfully added Pinkie Pie.

Rarity clenched her teeth, swallowed her pride and just said, while looking away not to show how upsetting it was to her.

“Yes, I know…” she just said.

“Who are the little children?” Pinkie asked. “I like the little children. Are they yours?”

Sometimes, Pinkie Pie just didn’t know when to stop. This was the line for Rarity. She didn’t want to think about the picture, she knew how she looked on it, and she would have hoped Pinkie would have taken the hint. As she wasn’t ready to hold back for an entire discussion, she just said, very straight:

“No, they are not mine! Of course they are not mine! I don’t have any filly or foal of my own and I don’t intend to for a lot of years. I’ve got a life to live while I’m still young! Maybe I’m going to have children way later, when I’ll be older and…”

She stopped there and Pinkie Pie smiled. The two mares looked at each other and Pinkie’s eyes seemed to say: “It was obvious, right?” or “I like sugary things, do you want to finish all that ice-cream by yourself?”. Rarity was unable to say if her friend was a genius or just very naïve.

“Thank you Pinkie, thank you so much!” Rarity said.

Then, she took her most beautiful hat and went out, ignoring Pinkie’s reply that was involving some unfinished ice-cream…

Rarity found back the hill where she had encountered Nimble Brush and, to her relief, he was still there, painting. But this time, he seemed to have seen her coming and stopped as she approached.

“Hello miss Rarity. How are you doing?” he said, while blushing a little.

“You, sire, are coming with me.” She answered.

“What? Now?”

“I have certainly no intention to wait. Do you?”

He had no idea. But it was too tempting to refuse.

“Where are we going?” he asked, while gathering all his painting stuff.

“To have dinner of course. After all, I still know nothing about you.”

“Dinner?” asked Nimble Brush, still confused, but very pleased with the way this was going.

“Yes.” Rarity gently replied, while displaying a very kind smile. “I might let you embellish my world.”

She giggled.

“Who knows.” She added, “I might even embellish yours.”


THE END

Comments ( 8 )

Interesting concept... a touch of Dorian Gray with much more hopeful ending. :raritywink:

4775152
Thanks :twilightblush:. I had to make a quick google search to understand the comparison, but... wow! That book seems amazing. Cruel, violent and depressing, but still amazing.

"Fat? She said fat?" Spike crossed his arms & buffed out a little green smoke" He waddled to the pair waiting at the diner.
"hey paint boy what cha doin messin with the Dragons tail?" Spike had plans of his own about a hot time out.:raritydespair:

4807256
Being a dragon sure has some advantages :moustache:. But...
"Spike!" said Twilight's voice in his back. "You better not be doing what I think you're doing."
...being the assistant of an overpowered alicorn princess tends to make things a little more complicated.

More seriously, I admit I chose the easy way not to put Spike into the story at all. It would have been funny having him intervene at each steps (once with Twilight, once with Applejack, and once just before Pinkie Pie), but it would have also made the whole writing way much more difficult to handle and long to prepare...
Still, it would be "sort of easy" to add him, thinking about it now. I mean, not like it would change the overall story (it would just add a comedic element).

Never be afraid to travel the road paved in rough stones. Good idea working with her vanity,:raritydespair:

Twi saw spike & Rarity enter the cafe' "Spike what happened? You walk into a door again?":facehoof:
As Spike gave her boss a puzzled look, Rarity blushed " Oh Dear, , ,":raritywink:
Twi started bouncing around like a wikd rubber ball "YES. .YES. .YES . .YES. . .":twilightsheepish:

Spike still the clueless one looks at Rarity " What got into her???":moustache:

4809572

Never be afraid to travel the road paved in rough stones.

As long as it leads somehwere I have any interest going to... :scootangel:

:pinkiehappy: journey on. .:derpytongue2:

4810021
Well, we are still a long, long way from Equestr... Hum, I meant: journey is on!

Login or register to comment