• Published 25th Jul 2014
  • 3,547 Views, 123 Comments

a wizard in equestria - The A I



usual displaced story. cosplayer buys final peice to costume off a merchant. gets sent to equestria, makes a mistake and gets trapped in his book, only to be released after a thousand years.

  • ...
31
 123
 3,547

An odd evening

Merasmus pulls aside a bush, one hand held to his face as though holding binoculars, his lips pursed in thought as he looks towards a tree branch. A tree branch with a sandwich stuffed full of lettuce, tomatoes, ham and cucumber, along with a crow currently pecking it ravenously, much to Merasmus' irritation.

"Why are we going through all this over a sandwich anyway?" Rainbow asks, scaring the crow into flying off, with the sandwich, which causes Rainbow to smirk.

"Why? Because it's my lunch! and you scared it off and it's gone! again!" Merasmus growls, turning to look at Rainbow, who is flying just off the ground behind him, looking bored but smug. "... you do know if you just flew to the damn bird and took the sandwich back you could go back to flying, right?"

"Yeah, I know" Rainbow replies landing softly on the ground before trotting past Merasmus and in the direction the bird went. "We agreed that i would help, not that i'd do it for you, wasn't it?"

Merasmus cringes, and sighs. "How about this, you get it for me, and i will owe you a favour that you can call upon at any time, and i won't refuse?" Even as he says this, Merasmus gets a bad feeling in his gut, like this can only end badly.

"Hmm, alright, sure!" Rainbow grins, before zooming off in a rainbow blur, leaving an area where she was suddenly devoid of leaves and Merasmus covered in them from the blow back of launching off so suddenly in a dense forest. within seconds, a squawk sounds, before the rainbow blur that is Rainbowdash returns, sandwich held securely in her mouth.

"... it's... in your mouth..." Merasmus mumbles, shaking the leaves off himself, somewhat successfully, leaves still stuck in his hat, hair and his robe. Gingerly, he takes the sandwich from Rainbow and looks it over, finding holes, leaves, dirt and what appears to be bird poo added to the food of his desires.

Rainbow tilts her head. "well, yeah. how else am i supposed to bring it back? at least i did bring it back, how wasn't part of the deal!" She scowls, as if Merasmus was trying to find a way out of the deal, before noticing the bird poop on the sandwich herself and going a tad green. "ugh, gross! i had that in my mouth?! you're not going to eat that are you?" Rainbow asks, a little concern tinting her voice, which confused Merasmus.

"Of coarse not! i'm going to have to get a new one now..." Merasmus holds it at arms length from himself, disgust on his face. "a perfectly good sandwich ruined..." He sighs, before looking to Rainbow "well, a deal is a deal, i need to get some more food, and you probably want to keep practising, so, let me know when you want that favour returned" He bows before turning to leave.

"Y-yeah... see ya Merasmus!" Rainbow calls before flying back towards Ponyville, and out of sight, causing Merasmus to smile and throw the sandwich back into a tree before heading back to his cave. "looks like it's cake for lunch today!"

Meanwhile in Ponyville...

Fluttershy looks out into the forest. "oh i hope Rainbow is okay... Mr Kibbles, could you ask around and see if anyone knows where she is?" She quietly asks a little bluebird currently on her nose. the bird nods and flies off into the trees as Fluttershy enters the Everfree, looking around nervously as she does so. Every snap of a twig underhoof making her jump until a small branch falls from a tree beside her, making her squeak in fear and jump back, falling into a bush. However from this bush, she sees the rainbow streak of her friend zoom out of the forest above her, causing her to sigh in relief and leave the forest herself, waving down Rainbow once she is out, much to Mr, Kibbles annoyance, having just come to her to tell her that Rainbow was just leaving.

Rainbow lands in front of Fluttershy with a smile. "what's up, Flutters? need something?" She asks in her usual cocky manner, making Fluttershy smile in response at seeing Rainbow is okay and her normal cocky self again.

"O-oh i saw you go into the forest a-and just got worried is all..." Fluttershy admits, smile falling slightly. "i was worried you could have been hurt"

"Nah, it's fine, Flutters! a small crash could never keep me down!" Rainbow brags with a grin. The both of them walk away, talking, well more rainbow bragging about her flying skills while fluttershy nods and agrees.


Will Merasmus get his cake? will rainbow call in that favour? what will happen if anyone finds out that Merasmus owes Rainbow a favour?! find out, NEXT TIME...

Author's Note:

sorry about the long wait, i know where i want to go with this, but i have no idea how i am going to get there.
if there are any problems, please let me know so i can hopefully get round to fixing them. hopefully.

Comments ( 4 )

What is this a crossover of?

9325284
well, displaced guy as Merasmus from Team Fortress 2 :P

I was going to say something about the grammar, plot, and dialogue. But this is pretty much par for displaced, so nevermind.

9325314
yeah, sorry about that, i am terrible at editing my own work

Login or register to comment