• Published 25th Jul 2014
  • 3,541 Views, 123 Comments

a wizard in equestria - The A I



usual displaced story. cosplayer buys final peice to costume off a merchant. gets sent to equestria, makes a mistake and gets trapped in his book, only to be released after a thousand years.

  • ...
31
 123
 3,541

distractions galore

I approach a cave entrance and notice a light emitting from deep within, almost like the wall is infested with glow worms. This cave is where I first woke up, where the Bombinomicon told me to blow some stuff up... the trees around the entrance never did regrow... I am about to enter when a roar causes me to turn to its source, a manticore that is running straight at me, and I sink into the floor and watch its confusion with amusement. As it paws at the ground desperately I laugh at its failed attempts at getting to me and wait for it to leave. 3 hours, 2 days later It surely should have starved to death by now! But no, it sits there waiting for me to come out. And so, I have decided to scare it off. "Never anger a magician! Mortis atagosah!" I yell as I hit it with my staff. Gelping from both pain and shock it runs back to whence it came.Once again trying to walk into the cave I’m stopped by Twilight who starts dragging me off with her magic. Before I can complain she teleports us to the town center. "As much as I despise the idea, I want your help on deciding who I should take to the Grand Galloping Gala. You're to decide because you don’t seem overly fond with any of us." She says while giving me a slight glare."Have they run around doing favors for you all day?" I ask in the most serious voice I can while smirking. "Yes. Why is that important?" The now glaring twilight asks. "Why is it not important? May I suggest that if you care that much about not making any of them jealous of each other that you simply send the two tickets back to Celestia and explain why." I really with a slight grin. She looks thoughtful, then smiles after saying thanks to me. Once she has teleported away I head back to my cave with a light source deep within. "MERASMUS!" A booming voice from behind yells. "What now! I’m trying to do something here!" I yell in reply. A shocked Celestia lands beside me and looks very confused. "Merasmus. What are you doing to get so angry? And why are you outside a cave?" Celestia asks with worry. "Um, well, you see. This is the cave I first woke up in but every time I try and enter it something else distracts me." I go to enter it again when Celestia receives a letter from Twilight containing 2 golden tickets. After reading the letter Celestia writes one back with 4 more tickets. Then another with a singular ticket inside. "Like that. First a manticore, then twilight and now this. What next, a giant bear?" The ground starts shaking and a very loud roar echoes across the Everfree. "Well. That’s annoying" an ursa major smashed through the trees and comes face to face with Celestia. While I just summon a wheel on a stand, the wheel of fate. "I spin the wheel; your fate is at hand!" I laugh afterwards and both the ursa and Celestia look at me like I’m crazy. The wheel of fate lands on a picture of a jar filled with a see-through yellow liquid. "I’m so, so sorry!" I say as the ursa is drenched in piss. For some odd reason the ursa whimpers and runs away. "And there I was hoping for shrunken heads. Oh well. At least it’s done the job. Now to get back to the cave." Holding my nose I walk up to the cave once again but get stopped by Celestia’s magic. And there I was hoping to be left alone so that I could just go in. "Wait merasmus. Even though I dint especially approve of your method of scaring it off, you stopped a possibly devastating conflict by covering the ursa in, was that urine?" she gives a slight shudder and then continues. "And by doing so stopped the possibility of such a fight endangering the lives of my little ponies. I came originally to tell you that as long as you don’t cause any harm to my ponies I will willingly allow for you to be a citizen of Equestria. But." There’s always a catch isn’t there. "You will have to be studied by my student, Twilight Sparkle and allow her to send her findings to me." "Deal. Unless you want to add anything else on. Oh I do look forward to Discord’s escape and eventual reformation. He is quite good at pranks." I say with a now glaring Celestia about to say something but I cut her off. "So when are you going to give sparkle the unfinished spell Starswirl was working on but could never finish? Once the Crystal Empire has returned along with her and her friends defeating the tyrant King Sombra?" I almost laugh at the face of sheer horror she pulls. "How did you know about any of that? It’s impossible!" I simply smile in response. "Ta ta for now. Oh and don’t mention it to anyone but I know what’s to come. And I know when Tirek’s going to escape. Say hi to Luna for me!" I quickly enter the cave and go out of her line of sight, leaving her there with eyes and wings twitching. Inside I find candles around a large rune carved into the ground and a gold coin, a book, a large diamond, a vial of liquid and a makuta stone. "Makuta are evil bionicles. Not touching that, maybe the coin. But first my token of what I am to assume would summon something." I pull out an identical goat skull to what’s on my head and focus on it. I feel a part of myself bind itself to the skull and its sucked out of my hand and into the middle of the rune. "To those that wish for help from foes of any kind, hold this skull and call out for, Merasmus! Or you can just ask for help. Either options fine." Once I have finished saying that the rune turns into a large circular mirror and places itself floating by the wall.

Author's Note:

Horay! Another chapter!
thanks to every one who fave's and like this story!