• Published 21st Jul 2014
  • 2,247 Views, 132 Comments

Doctor Whooves: The Ultimate Upgrade - LightOfTriumph



The Doctor and company land in the Nation of the Minotaur, Minos. And then it all begins again.

  • ...
3
 132
 2,247

Message From Home

Why?

Why did the Doctor feel this uneasy? Everything had turned out fine. He had cleared the Changelings of the attack. He stopped the war. The Cybermen where nonfunctional. N'Zeera was being regarded as a national hero to both sides. Not bad for a days work.

But still... Something was wrong.

Maybe it was that conversation with Flint. He mentioned "lynchpins," talking about them being out of "his" reach. He couldn't accept the first part. He had heard Lynchpin theory on the Academy at Gallifrey and dismissed it as bunk. It couldn't be true. The Multiverse simply doesn't work that way.

The Doctor realized that he had said that over a thousand times. He had always been proven wrong.

And then there was what Apple Bloom brought up to him. All of those little things falling perfectly into place. That couldn't be coincidence. The Doctor was never one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but someone was manipulating him here. And he didn't like it.

"No," the Doctor said to himself. "I'm just being paranoid. I've been traveling too long. I have to get myself together. So far there is absolutely no proof of anyone controlling my life. Who would be powerful enough to arrange all of that anyway? I'm... I'm just getting a bit lucky. After all there's a first time for everything..."

The Doctor had managed to put the uneasy feelings out of his mind.

And then something happened to make them come rushing back.

A Minotaur official handed the Doctor an electronic tablet. "Message for the Doctor," he said. "From Princess Twilight Sparkle of Equestria."

"Oh," the Doctor was a bit surprised by this. "Thank you."

The Doctor tapped the tablet and Twilight appeared on screen. She didn't look much older, but she did look wiser, and a bit sadder. She hid it with a smile, but there was something gnawing away at her.

"Hello Doctor," the pre-recorded message began. "It's been a long time. At least it has for me. I hope that my greasing the wheels at Daedalus helped with your little problem. When you told me you came here, I made a note to mae sure I could help in any way I can."

"Oh, Twi," the Doctor smiled. "Oh you beauty..."

"You're traveling with Applejack now right?" Twilight asked. "I hope she's alright. At least she will be when I see her again. The farm is still doing well! Over the years the Apple Family business has only grown. She'd be proud of where it is now! I still miss her... But her family still keeps me company. All of their families do."

The Doctor gave the tablet a sad smile. He knew better than anyone that a long life came with a price.

Twilight moved from wistful to very serious. "Doctor," she said sternly. "While I'd love to keep reminiscing, an old friend of yours said you needed this information. Otherwise we can't get any future. You'll need to know this in order to see your way through to the end."

"See what through?" the Doctor asked. "And who's he?"

A few numbers flashed on the screen. "These are the time/space coordinates for your next destination. When you get there you are going to want to send Applejack and the Crusaders home. You can't. They have to be with you. He may have kept things vague, but he made that crystal clear."

The Doctor stared at the screen for a moment, unsure of what he was hearing.

"He told me that you'd be hesitant," Twilight continued. "He gave me six words to get you moving..."

"Time Lord, you are not alone."


Applejack and the Crusaders were waiting outside the TARDIS. The fillies were getting restless.

"How long is he gonna be?" Sweetie Belle whined.

"We've been waiting forever!" Scootaloo added.

"And I wanna get the heck outta here!" Apple Bloom pouted.

"No hold up there, girls," said Applejack. "The Doctor needs to make sure everything's okay here. You don't want him takin' off and having the Cybermen come back, do you?"

"No," the Crusaders admitted.

"Right," Applejack smiled. "Besides, after the day we had, I appreciate the time to relax-"

"Alright!" the Doctor was galloping down the street. "Everypony back in the TARDIS, now!"

"That lasted," Applejack said dryly.

They all entered the TARDIS and the Doctor started it up. All the while chanting, "Please let me be wrong. Please let me be wrong."

"Wrong about what?" Scootaloo asked.

"It would take far too long to explain," the Doctor responded.

"What happens if you're wrong?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"If I'm wrong it's quite likely that the whole of reality is going to come crashing down around us," the Doctor answered.

"Uh..." Apple Bloom was afraid to ask. "What happens if you're right?"

"It's almost a certainty," the Doctor answered.


Over four thousand years in the past, a false bride was preparing for her wedding day as an adviser watched.

"How do I look R'Stame?" the false bride asked.

R'Stame wasn't his name. Not anymore. She'd never call him by his real name. Her ego wouldn't allow.

Soon she would. Soon everyone would. But for now he had to play along.

"You look resplendent," he said. "As always, Majesty. Princess Cadence's shape looks much better on you than it does on her."

"You do good for my ego, R'Stame," the false bride smiled. "Is everything prepared."

He nodded. "I followed you're instructions to the letter. Princess Mi Amore Cadenza will not be appearing at your wedding," he grinned. "I hope that your majesty would fulfill my request, since I have performed most admirably."

"You have my word," the false bride said. "When she's said our vows, Princess Celestia will leave her sun unguarded."

"Your majesty does me a great kindness," he bowed.

"Leave me," the false bride examined herself. "I have to prepare."

"Yes, Queen Chrysalis," he backed out of the room.

He got to a place where he could be alone, and looked up at the sky.

"Oh, Doctor," he smiled. "How I wish you could be here to see this. I've never had an easier time at manipulation then I've had here. Even if I must take this form, it's worth it. A whole new universe. A whole new timeline. A whole new start. And I still want you to see me Doctor. Perhaps you will... No. No, I know you will! I know you'll be here to visit. I know that soon we'll be matching wits again. Oh, how I have missed it Doctor! I can feel you coming. So come...

"Watch as this world meets its new Master."

Author's Note:

Well that was 2 of 5. Stay tuned for the next part of the Lynchpin Quintet!

Please rate and comment, and as always thanks for reading!

Comments ( 54 )

Oh great.. THIS GUY :twilightangry2:

Not the pony race. The Master Race!

Anazing chapter as always :D
Yes, the Naster is here, he's so awesome!!!
When the audio drama gets here I'll audition for the Master :3

OK! 1 master is back! 2 Face of boe reference! 3 if the master didnt tell twilight then it was either river or jack. 4 if its jack i called it. 6 no... 5! if its jack then when this is an audio then ill be trying out for it. Pear! great sequil. bowtie! it is now confirmed that twilight is using her lifespan, even if it is only once, to help the doctor (i thought that). 22! the mysteries! 23! :yay::yay:! 24! using my *cough*borrowed*cough* vortex manipulator- tisk tisk tisk spoilers... :twilightsmile:

now that rant is done i can relax:pinkiecrazy:

looking forward to the next one. (i cant really try out for any of the rolls you want for book one... sorry :twilightsheepish:)

4798009 You know, it's really a lot of fun watching people with no connection to the classic show flail in a attempting to guess the plot twist...

Spoilers. It's not River, or Jack. The one causing the coincidences is someone who has yet to appear in the new series.:ajsmug:

Awesome chapter! I do hope a memorial to N'Zerra is erected in her honor :twilightsmile: Cannot wait to read more :pinkiehappy:

Ohmygosh this is gonna be awesome!

First the Daleks, then the Cibermen now the Master, what's next, the Sontarans?:rainbowhuh:

4812055 That's not all... Jack's back... And I've got a funny feeling... Others will show up too...

4925362 If Jack is back, will his name be Captain Jack Harness. On a completely unrelated note, did you know that I have a time machine. It isn't a TARDIS.

4925580 Is it a Vortex Manipulator? Cheap, addictive piece of thing.

4925886
4925580 Jack is not back, as a matter of fact once you read the next fic you know who's been doing this. Spoilers: it ain't Jack Harkness.

4925958 NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

4925886 no I have a Way-back. You know, from the updated version of Mr Peabody and Sherman.

4926126 It kind of looks like a large red orb with the insides of a UFO. It can turn invisible, and it travels through the time vortex while telling me if this is a fixed moment or a changeable moment. And it requires a thumb print, a password, and a retina scan to disarm the self destruct sequence when you get inside. Also, did you know that there is a parallel universe with pony versions of bronies you watch a show about the race of mythical creatures known as humans. I avoided being seen by putting on a minotuar costume that I got after breaking into carousel boutique.

4927371 Well, not all of my adventures are successful.

4929219 But, from the some successful times, I met and befrended child versions of William Shakespeare, Lauren Faust, Plato, and Charles "the hammer". I confused them all and used an MIB stile of making them forget what they saw.

4930699 It's not successful if you make them forget.

4931669 Well I can't change history or let them remember their future. I learned not to do that after Napoleon Bonaparte.

4931690 There are Fixed Points in Time. Most of those were not.

4931704 Yes, I know that, but could not bring myself to risk the universe ripping apart. There are 20 rules of time travel.

4931762 There are things known as perception filters. And Author, I am sorry about spam. But, I am determined to win this.

4931769 Yes, well some of us only cobbled together a time machine out of junk and nobody throws away a perception filter. I am sorry about all of this spam, but I also want to win this.

4931806 Yeah? If you have a time machine, go to the damn Festival of Offerings on Ahketan. I'm sure you could find one there.

4931826 Thank you, I will do that in three days ago.

4931833 Good. I'm the Cyberorganism Bear. See if you can't find me.

4931843 I either found you or your Dad, and I'm the anthropomorphic thestral in a black suit with grey pinstripes with matching pants and an applebloom's hair colored tie. Also don't be like the Catholics and call me Satan when you see me. I probably won't look like it but I'm a good guy.

4931882 Meh, I don't judge. You're looking at a Cyberbear.

4932056 I can see us becoming fast friends.

4932066 Follow for a follow, friend?

Quick question, how did this universe's Doctor become a pony? The last story said he looked human like the canon Doctor.

5032063 You didn't read to the end of the last fic, did you?

5032109

I did read to the end, and it still confused me.

"Time Lord, you are not alone."

:derpyderp1:YANA, anypony? This "friend" was Captain Jack Harness! Telling the Doctor about the Master!!!:derpyderp2:

5100596 Ah, the Steampunk Cybers. THAT was a good episode. And, a perfect example. Good job.

My brain hurts. and anyone that has seen the season finale of season 8 of Doctor Who would also be completely annoyed with the Master.

5263259 I haven't even seen the premiere. Has the finale REALLY ended? I took the Pledge2w84Season8 thingy that I made up, but I think I can watch the season without breaking it now...

5280935
The Season is over and I can hardly wait till the Christmas special.

5280939 Which is part of the 8th or 9th season? I know they usually do them as premieres, but last one was the season 7 finale.

5280935
Do you mind a few spoilers? There is a good DALEK. London gets turned into a forest. Finale spoilerThe Master returns

5280946 Non-spoilers, I expected all of this!!!! (Count the exclamation marx...)

5280943
Not sure they haven't really announced it yet. It may just be wishful thinking.

5280950
Did you look at the finale spoiler?

5280950 No... You didn't The Master is a chick now.

Login or register to comment