• Published 21st Jul 2014
  • 2,247 Views, 132 Comments

Doctor Whooves: The Ultimate Upgrade - LightOfTriumph



The Doctor and company land in the Nation of the Minotaur, Minos. And then it all begins again.

  • ...
3
 132
 2,247

Don't Think I'm A Monster.

The three fillies made their way through the corridors. Taking care to avoid the Cybermen in the hallways. They finally made their stop at an elevator.

"What're you gals, stupid?" Apple Bloom complained. "There's no way that the elevator's workin' when the building's in lockdown! We gotta take the stairs!"

"We can't take the stairs, they'll be crawling with Cyber-freaks! If we're gonna get anywhere we have to try the elevator!" Scootaloo protested. "Come on!"

"Scoot's right," Sweetie Belle added. "There are also thirty more floors between us and the Doctor. It would take us too long to get there, and we'd be useless when we did." Sweetie Belle pressed the call button.

"Alright," said Apple Bloom, shaking her head. "But there ain't no way that-"

The elevator dinged as it arrived at their floor.

Apple Bloom's jaw dropped.

"C'mon," Scootaloo said. "We better get to the Doctor and AJ."

Apple Bloom refused to move. "Wait!" Apple Bloom said firmly. "Wait! Just one applebuckin' minute! There is no way that elevator could be workin' right now. It's not possible."

"Lucky us?" Sweetie Belle said.

"This has all been way too convenient," Apple Bloom said. "First the Doctor and that Dalek land in Time Turner's shop at the same time. Then the TARDIS takes off on its own, could've sent us anywhere in time and space but it sends us right to where we wanna end up. We find that watch to cause Turner to regenerate. Now this elevator. What's goin' on?"

The other two stared blankly at her. "Great," Scootaloo said. "Now I'm creeped out."

"This is happenin' way too often to just be coincidence," Apple Bloom thought aloud. "Somethin's gotta be at work here."

She heard a series of thuds behind her. "You are in violation of protocol," a Cyberman said. "You will be deleted."

"No time to think about it now!" Sweetie Belle said frantically. "Get in!"

The three fillies piled into the elevator, Scootaloo pushed the button for the top floor. The doors closed just as the Cybermen fired at them.

As they were going up Apple Bloom mumbled. "It still don't make sense..."

"Who knows, Bloom," Sweetie Belle said. "Maybe we just have a Guardian Angel..."


"Well that was inconspicuous!" Applejack protested. "I'm bettin' only every Cyberman on the next three floors are comin' right for us!"

"Oh, don't be discouraged, AJ," the Doctor said cheerfully. "They were all coming right or us regardless!"

"Swell," Applejack said dryly.

"Right! N'Zeera, hand me the bag. I'm going to need it," the Doctor said.

N'Zeera handed the bag over. "Are you sure there's enough gold dust in there? It doesn't look like a very big bag..."

"My dear lady," the Doctor smiled. "This bag was sewn with Time Lord science in mind. There is enough gold dust in this bag to fill up Canterlot Palace to the roof."

"Time Lord?" N'Zeera asked.

"He's an alien," Applejack said frankly. "It's a long story."

"To Daedalus's office!" the Doctor beamed. The three walked out into the hallway. "Now, I have a plan to solve one of our problems, I.E. exposing Daedalus, if we don't find any conclusive evidence in the office. However I have no plan to stop the Cybermen, as of yet, I'm still working on it. As a matter of fact..." The Doctor felt the gentle breeze on his neck. "Yes, right there. I've got something, but we have to make sure that we get to the office before we meet any-" The Doctor turned a corner to meet with two towering silver figures. "Cybermen! Hello chaps!"

"You are a traitor to Minos," one Cyberman said. "You will be deleted."

"The Changeling will be upgraded," the other added.

"Right," the Doctor said. "Yes. But before that happens I'd like to show you both something very interesting and it's in this bag." The Doctor whipped the silk bag at them, throwing gold dust directly into the Cybermen's chests. "Run!"

The Cybermen doubled over in pain as the three ran down the hallway.


They finally stopped to catch their breath next to an elevator door outside of Daedalus's office. Then Applejack came to a realization.

"Apple Bloom!" Applejack shouted. "Doctor, my baby sister and her friends still stuck at the Daycare! Who knows what could be happenin' to her! I gotta get down there!" She frantically pressed the elevator's call button.

"Applejack, stop," The Doctor said firmly. "We can't go back for the girls now, and there's no way that elevators working anyway. I promise you that I will personally go down there and get them out myself when we're done. I promise. But for right now we need to focus. I need you with me."

"No can do, Doctor," Applejack said, still tapping the call button. "Family comes first, always."

"I can go," said N'Zeera.

"What?" Applejack said.

"I can fly," N'Zeera answered. "I can climb out the window and get down to the nursery. I don't want anyone else getting hurt because of this, especially kids. Let's face it, I'm pretty useless here."

"You'd..." Applejack said quietly. "You'd do that?"

"Of course," N'Zeera smiled. "Now, what does your sister look like?"

"Well-" Applejack was interrupted by a loud dig that came from right next to her.

When the door opened, with a collective "Whoa!", three fillies came toppling out.

"Heh heh," Apple Bloom looked up cautiously at her sister. "Hey sis..."

"Apple Bloom!" AJ hugged her sister. "I was so worried about you girls!"

"What?!" the Doctor was taken aback. "How in Equestria is that elevator working?"

"I know, right?" Apple Bloom said.

"DOCTOR!!" N'Zeera shouted.

A Cyberman had come up the hallway and was aiming his wrist mounted weapon right at the Cutie Mark Crusaders. "Delete."

It fired.

N'Zeera leaped in the way of the shot, taking it squarely in the chest. She toppled to the ground.

"No!" The Doctor whipped some gold dust into the Cyberman's chest and it fell over.

He turned around to see Applejack cradling N'Zeera's head in her hooves. "She's still alive."

The Doctor rushed over. "N'Zeera?"he said desperately. "N'Zeera stay with me. Don't you dare give up, you're going to be fine, just hang on."

"Who said this was giving up?" N'Zeera said weakly. "I died saving some kids and serving my country. There isn't much more I can ask for..."

"You. Are. Not. Going. To. Die," the Doctor said firmly.

"You know it's funny..." N'Zeera said quietly. "This isn't what's making me sad. Dying itself I'm fine with but I know..." She started to tear up. "I know that everyone in this country is going to think I'm a monster. That's really not fair. If they met me they'd see I was a generally nice girl..."

"Then give them that chance," the Doctor said. "Just stay with me, and don't talk, alright?"

"Doctor?" N'Zeera pleaded.

"Yeah?" the Doctor said quietly.

"Please..." A tear rolled down her face. "Please don't think I'm a monster..."

With one final gasp it was over.

The Doctor closed his eyes, and then closed hers. "I won't," he said calmly. "And I promise you they won't either."

Applejack had taken her hat off. The Cutie Mark Crusaders were bawling.

The Doctor whipped around and headed to Daedalus's office. "Come on. I have some things to discuss with the boss."

Author's Note:

Well, here I tried a little overarching plot foreshadowing, and bringing the feels. Tell me how it worked!

Please rate and comment!