• Published 8th Jul 2014
  • 3,073 Views, 455 Comments

Vocaloid in Equestria: beta session - DerpyStarlet



Me and my brother got sucked into our computer and now I'm Rin and my brother's Len in the Vocaloid group.

  • ...
21
 455
 3,073

PreviousChapters
NonCanon: Tricks, See? (pt.1)

I look down at the town before me and the castle that looms over the rooftops. As I look at that tower I know one thing for certain.

"Things have sure changed since I was here last." I sigh and trot towards the town, dragging my hooves slightly in reluctance.

~~~~~~~

I sit at a cafe looking out over a group of ponies. I've got a cup of tea and a half eaten pastry on the table, both already paid for. My eyes wander to just barely out of the town, towards the horizon. I notice a pony walking towards the town, slowly but surely. From this distance, it could have been Anypony. But with that distinctive mane and coat, I have a good idea on who it might be. Compound that with her grey cloak I only remember one character ever wearing, I grab my pastry and rush towards the outskirts of the town to meet the mare.

As I near the edge of town I see the mare I'm looking for is still a ways off. I focus on not being seen and walk up behind her. I start walking beside her for a while before dropping my cover.

"You got a plan?" I ask the mare, she jumps at my voice and turns to me. Her eyes go wide as she sees me, then she frowns and taps her horn.

"Coulda swore I put on that sensor spell..." she mutters. "You're one of those Humans Trixie has been hearing about I take it?" She asks, a little intrigued.

"Indeed, but that's not important. What is important is your plan." I tell her. I take note of the mixture of third person and first person in Trixies voice.

"Plan? Plan for what?" She asks quizzically.

"For winning back the hearts of the Ponyvillians of course." I tell her, she looks away ashamed.

"Don't make me laugh. I'm never going to win them back..." she scoffs.

"If you truly believed that, why would you come back?" I reason, she gives me a look and pointedly ignores answering the question.

"I came back to make amends." She replies.

"Ah, but that means you believe there is hope." I tell her.

"I can apologize, but it's their choice to forgive me. Which they won't, they hate me." She argues.

"I don't hate you." I offer. She looks at me in surprise, then she just rolls her eyes.

"You don't know me," she says decisively.

"Sure I do. Your Trixie Lulamoon, the traveling magician. Your specialty is Prestidigitation, as well as sleight of hoof and the art of escape. A performer at heart and an ego to compete with Rainbow Dash. Also the mare that attempted to take over Ponyville and inexplicably almost let an Ursa minor destroy the town." I explain, she closes her jaw when I look over to her. "Or am I mistaken?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"N-no, you have Trixie spot on." She stumbles on her words in the beginning before she gets over the shock of what just happened. "how do you know that?" She asks.

"I did my homework," I shrug.

"The rest of the town hates me, and I doubt they're gonna up and forgive Trixie over the opinion of one alien." She turns from me and continues her way into town. I follow beside her.

"No, but I bet they'd listen to you. That is, if you play your cards right." I tell her.

"There's no way Trixie could get them to listen to her." She replies.

"What kind of attitude is that? You won't know unless you try." I coax her, she stops and sighs before turning her full body towards me and sitting down.

"Do you have an idea?" She asks pointedly.

"In fact, I do." I respond with a smile.

~~~~~~~

"This is perfect, girls, thank you." I look at the near expertly crafted wagon with pride. The four Crusaders smile nervously at me, taking glances at the mare beside me.

"No problem, Luka." Applebloom says nervously.

"Wish we knew who we were actually making it for..." Scootaloo mutters. Applebloom kicks her in the side and Scootaloo glares at her, Applebloom ignores Scootaloo and just smiles that same nervous smile.

"Okay, that's all I needed. You four can go do the rest of your crusading." I tell them, they nod and scuttle off. I turn to Trixie and she has an awed expression on her face. She walks up to the wagon and pulls the switch, unfolding the wagon into a giant stage. "They seem to have added a few improvements..." I say, looking over the blueprints.

"Like what?" Trixie asks.

"Ah, minor structural stuff. I don't even know where they got some of these materials..." I tell her. "Whatever. What do you think?" I ask her.

"It's great. But... I just have to know, why do you help Trixie?" She asks.

"Cause I think you were dealt a bad hand. It's about time Trixie had a chance in the spotlight." I tell her, she looks at me in curiosity.

"You plan to, not only save my reputation and earn forgiveness, but also gain popularity?" She shakes her head with a smile. "This must be some plan," I blanch at that.

"Actually... I only planned this far. Getting the Crusaders to build your stage and getting enough fabric for you to remake your cape and hat, as well as the stage curtain." I gesture to the stage, cape, and hat she's wearing.

"Trixie must extend her gratitude for that, I'm not sure that seamstress would have been kind enough to do anything for Trixie. I recall doing some terrible things to her." Trixie says sadly.

"I don't know. On one hand, Rarity is very generous. On the other hand, she's got little tolerance for those who mess with her beauty..." I say.

"Whatever the case, what hope is there if we don't even have a plan?" She asks.

"We make a plan!" I lean against a tree. I look around me at the forestry of Whitetail woods, the spot I had the Crusaders bring the stage. The spot where Applejack and Rainbow Dash competed in the running of the leaves... Wait, that competition. Competition... remember all the competition in the group. Competition is a simple bonding exercise.

"A competition. That's, how we'll do it, a competition." I tell her.

"I thought we were trying to get on their good sides, not try and beat them..." Trixie points out.

"I never said we had to win. What's important is we show them you're the opposite of what you've shown yourself to be. A sore loser. We need to show them the humble part of humble and apologetic," I tell her.

"Oh, so you want me to lose whatever we're doing?" She asks, peeking up.

"No, if you just give up then it'll seem stressed, rehearsed. You can win, you want to win, but we need to improve your image while doing it." I think on this for a while more and I know exactly what needs to happen.

"Okay. If you don't win,it's fine. But for maximum effectiveness, you need to win, then share your victory. And or give it up... sharing sounds good. And be sure to keep a good attitude throughout it all." I tell her.

"Sounds good, but what exactly will the contest be?" She asks. I slump to the floor in thought. It has to be something lots of ponies could have a chance at... What's something deeply ingrained in ponies lives? Harmony.

"We're having a music competition."

~~~~~~~

"Thank you for taking the time to practice with the rest of the Ponytones, Fluttershy, I know you have shopping to do." I tell her.

"Oh, it's not a problem. Thank you, Rarity, for helping with my shopping. I know you probably had things to do today." Fluttershy tells me.

"No, not really. It's one of my days off. I did have some paperwork to fill out, letters to send... Luka came by asking for some fabric... I didn't think much of it, but she's never asked for fabric before. A little peculiar now that I think about it. I wonder what she's planning..." I muse, tapping a hoof to my muzzle in thought.

"Luka?" Fluttershy asks.

"Yes... an odd one, that one. She was never very social, and then she's attempting an interspecies relationship with one of the most well known mares in town. I think it's great, and I support them wholeheartedly, I just have to note the peculiarity of it all." I tell Fluttershy.

"I know what you mean. I had a little trouble getting over the incident with lust... she reminded me of a friend I used to have, it was kind of triggering for me. But, I did get over it. Seeing as she's nothing like Lust, apparently her decided sexuality is asexual. Learning that was a big help in getting over everything..." Fluttershy tells me.

"Friend you used to have?" I ask, turning to see a distressed look on her face. "Do you want to talk about it?" I ask softly.

"No... I think it's best if I just move on," despite her words, I see an unwillingness to do exactly that. There's something there that I'm missing, and it must be important to Fluttershy. I struggle between the urge to help a friend and the insight of knowing when to not press the matter, but I figure that she must have reasons of her own to not tell me.

"Ah. Well, Yes." I say absently, we continue towards the market and a very colorful poster catches my eye. I grab it with my magic and pull it closer, inspecting it intensely. Fluttershy notices and I can feel her presence beside me, looking at the poster curiously.

"Music competition? Town Square? Tomorrow?" I say to no one in particular. "Group, or solo performances allowed. Fluttershy, are you seeing this?" I ask her.

"Yes. It sounds like fun." She says.

"I'm glad you think so, darling, because we're entering." I say decidedly.

"What?!" She reels back and I turn to her.

"We're entering. It'll be great practice for your performing. And good publicity for the Ponytones. The prize is a trophy, imagine how good it'll look for us if we have physical proof of our accomplishments." I tell her.

"I don't know... shouldn't we at least ask the others first?" She asks.

"They'll agree, trust me." I assure her.

"Well... if the others are okay with it..." she answers reluctantly.

"Brilliant!" I say, looking over the flier once more.

"That's strange..." I say absently.

"What?" Fluttershy asks.

"It has everything we could possibly need to know. A time, date, place, when to register... but it doesn't say who's sponsoring or hosting it." I tell her, floating the poster to her face.

"You're right. Gosh, I wonder who it is? Surely, They're gonna be the ones judging?" She suggests.

"No, they can get volunteer judges, and even then it could be run on a voting system... though, unlikely considering the venue." I say thoughtfully. "Peculiar indeed. No matter, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. We'll have to tell the others. But for now..." I roll the poster up and place it in my saddlebags giddily. "There's shopping to be done,"

~~~~~~~

I stretch on my cloud lazily. Not because I'm a lazy pony, no matter what Applejack tells you. No, it's because stunt flying practice takes it out of me most days. I just feel lazy sometimes when most of my time goes towards work of some sort. I do try and save some energy to spare for my friends just in case, and the best way to conserve energy is not expend a lot of it. Thus my lazing about on a cloud, fiddling with cloud in my hooves.

I'm a decent cloud sculptor, not as good as Cloudkicker, but decent. I look at the attempted animal in my hooves and amend that, I'm not nearly as good as I'd like to think. Cloud sculpting requires patience and slow movements. I'm plenty precise, but I don't do slow. I'm just not built that way. I can make great weather, but it's not an art like my mom does it. Mines a construct of quick and efficient flashy maneuvers, I don't take the time I should on some things.

In terms of my job, that's part of the reason I take naps. I can finish the work of three ponies in an hour in about half an hour. Some ponies might think that makes me good at my job and I'll get a raise or something, but it's not that simple. The only way I'd get a raise is if I accepted their job offer for some stuffy desk job, and I can't be cooped up in a desk all day. Despite how much of a raise I'd get, I like what I've got going on here. The problem is I'm paid by the hour, surprisingly enough. I nap to waste time so I can finish on time instead of early. That way I get the same pay and I don't have to live in poverty because I'm good at my job. It's stupid, but I've learned to just go with it.

I've considered taking other jobs, just to switch it up, but I'm head of the weather team. Management looks good, especially with the wonderbolts. If I change jobs I'll have to climb to the top of whatever field it's in. The job would have to allow me to express my flight skills, and there aren't many jobs like that. I've considered being a mailmare, ponies like fast mail, and I'm all about fast. Only problem is every once in a while I might damage something fragile by forgetting to be careful, and that's not good. So, I've decided to stay weather manager, unless I get a better idea.

I scrap the deformed cloud I was attempting to sculpt and it floats away lazily. I sigh and flop onto my stomach, my eyes wandering over the edge of the cloud I'm lying on. I've got about an hour and a half until I have to seriously get to work, and I have no idea how I should spend that time. I'm not particularly tired, just bored. I look down at the street below and I don't see anypony particularly notable. There's Davenport, buying apples from Applejack. There's Roseluck and Time Turner, he's wearing 3-d glasses for some reason. Daisy's selling her flowers. Cloudkicker and Lyra are looking at the notice board. The Crusaders are running off somewhere.

"Wait... notice board?" I look back to Cloudkicker and Lyra. The notice board is usually where ponies post advertisements or job offers. Lyra's self employed and her and Bon are pretty well off. But Cloudkicker is one of my assistant managers, a great one at that. I thought she liked her job, I hope she's not planning on quitting. I glide down worriedly towards the pair and put on a cocky grin.

"Hey, Cloud. Lyres, what are you two up to?" I ask. They both look over and smile before pointing to a poster on the board.

"There's a music competition coming to Ponyville, Lyra was thinking about entering with Bonbon." Cloudkicker explains.

"First place gets a trophy. A trophy, Dash!" Lyra exclaims.

"Oh, Wow, trophy. Cool. I already have tons of trophies." I say, rolling my eyes. Though I'm relieved to know I was wrong about the resignation.

"C'mon Dash. You and I both know you can never resist the chance to earn another trophy." Cloudkicker says.

"I'm not a musical mare." I tell her.

"Well that's just straight up not true. I've heard you sing, and I know you were known to shred the gui-" I stop her at that with my hoof shoved forcefully into her muzzle, but the damage is done.

"You can play the guitar?" Lyra asks, I groan and sigh.

"Used to, I haven't in a long while. I'm not primarily a musical mare is what I mean, I don't play anymore though," I tell Lyra.

"Were you any good?" Lyra asks.

"Good?" Cloudkicker scoffs, spitting out my hoof and shoving it away "She was great! No one could shred like her! Her hooves raced across the strings with the speed and precision of a professional. Her mouth could move twice as fast once she was in the zone! She even learned Neighponese and is able to sing it!" Cloudkicker boasts.

"Is that true?" Lyra gasps.

"Yes..." I sigh.

"Why did you stop if you were so good?" Lyra asks.

"She keeps saying it's because her path isn't towards being a musician, it's towards being a wonderbolt. I think there's something else though." Cloudkicker says.

"There's nothing else!" In fact, there is another reason. But nopony needs to know what it is. Besides, it's been years. It should just be laid to rest.

"Whatever you say boss," Cloudkicker says. "But it seems like everypony's excited for it. Everypony with any musical talent at all is signing up. Everypony except you, that is," Cloudkicker tells me.

"Whatever, I might come by to watch a bit of it," I tell them.

"OK, boss. See you there," Cloudkicker says, turning away. I fly away from them in thought. It has been a long time since I played, I bet I forgot everything. I still have my old guitar, I never could gather the nerve to part with it for good. Maybe I was right, maybe I should just lay my fears to rest. It was only one time, what's the chance it could happen again?

I stop by another poster and just stare at it for a while. I grab the poster and, before anyone sees me, I stash it away and out of sight.. I double time it to finish my cloudbucking, I've got a competition to plan for.

~~~~~~~

"Girls! Look at this!" Applebloom shouts to us, I turn and find her looking at a poster.

"What is it Bloom?" Scootaloo asks.

"Did y'all know Ponyville was hosting a music competition?" She asks. I look at the poster with the rest of the Crusaders and, sure enough,
there's a music competition tomorrow.

"Wow, we've got to enter!" Scootaloo says.

"Definitely! What do you think Nyx?" Sweetie Belle says.

"It sounds great! But, Uh, I've heard about your first attempt at something like this... I don't think there's a comedy award in this competition." I tell them.

"Noted." Applebloom says. "Well then, we better get cracking girls! We've only got a day to prepare!" I nod with the rest of the Crusaders and we dash off. We've got a lot of work to do.

~~~~~~~

"And, there you go." Spike says. "What was so urgent you needed to send it to the princesses ASAP?" He asks.

"Nothing, I'm not so sure it'll work anyways." I tell him.

"Okay... see ya later Luka." Spike waves and I smile before turning around and waving behind me as I walk out the castle. I find Trixie not that far off and walk up to her.

"Okay, I got it done." I tell her.

"Who did you need to send a letter to anyways?" Trixie asks.

"Our judges, hopefully. I know I asked Twilight to judge, but we still need two more judges. I've got two on backup just in case they aren't able to come." I tell her. "Let's see... posters are up, judges contacted, sponsor found... We've got the date, time, and area. We even have our registration sheet and competition system... what next?" I ask, I'm answered by two rumbling stomachs. "Looks like we could both use some food. Let's go get something to eat," I tell Trixie.

"Yes, I haven't had any food since this morning," she replies.

"I know just the place!" I exclaim taking lead and guiding her through the streets. I notice a deafening silence as we walk, I turn and find menacing glares thrown towards the mare behind me. I turn and find Trixie giving me a pleading look. I just speed up and try to get to our destination faster.

That's when I felt it, the first projectile. I felt it in my senses as it flew threw the air towards us, or rather, towards Trixie. I rolled back and put myself between it and her and I felt it connect, and then slide down my back. I turned slowly and shot a narrow eyed glare at the pony who threw the item. I look down to find a rotten tomato. I look back up at the mare and she looks shocked, but then she stands her ground. I huff and turn to look at Trixie, she's eying the vegetable with shock.

"That could've hit me..." Trixie mutters. Apparently that sounded like permission to speak because everybody erupts into shouts and a numerous amount of insults. Anything from taking her intelligence, sexuality, and mental health into question to accusing affiliation with any number of demons, beasts, and occults. They accused her of many things, and even claimed she was a major part in multiple conspiracies. Enough was enough, so I grabbed Trixie by the hoof and pulled her along with me. I vanish from detection with Trixie a second later and pull her into a side alley.

We both pant heavily and slump against a wall, thankful for the moment of silence. I can feel tomato juice seeping into the fabric of my dress, I shiver at the unwelcome substance. I'll have to change into one of the extra outfits from the poison joke incident. I turn to find Trixie curled up on the ground, nudging a rock gently. She looks close to crying, I don't blame her.

"Hey," I call to her gently and she looks over to me, "we're going to fix things," I soothe. She nods and sits up, smoothing out the fabric in her cape and wiping her eyes.

"I guess Trixie expected the reaction, I just didn't think they'd throw anything." She explains.

"I know, I'll get something and bring it back to the wagon. I'll meet you there," she nods and I change course to a different restaurant. I pick up two sandwiches to go, both are grilled cheese. I hustle back to the wagon so they don't go cold and I knock on the door. Trixie opens the door and I show her the sandwiches, she grabs a blanket and we have an impromptu picnic beside her wagon. As we dig into our sandwiches hungrily, Trixie swallows and then looks at her sandwich almost forlornly.

"Aren't you hungry?" I ask.

"Yes, very much so. But... why are you doing this? What do you get from helping Trixie?" She asks.

"A friend hopefully," I smile, but she just looks at me searchingly. Looking for any sign of ulterior motives, I sigh. "Do I have to get anything
else? I was kinda just hoping we could be friends. You could teach me so much! And I could help you. That's what friends do, friends help each other." I explain. She takes a bite of her sandwiches and seems to be digesting my answer, eventually she answers.

"Friends?" She asks to no one in particular. "I've never really had a real friend before. Maybe Twilight, but I didn't stick around long enough to be a good friend back." She says.

"I'm sure Twilight would love to spend some time with you, once we get this whole competition thing figured out." I tell her.

"Actually, that was something I've been meaning to ask you, what are we doing for my performance? I can't really play any instruments... I'm an okay singer, but I'm toast without help." She says.

"That's right, I said I'd help you with the instrumentals. I've got you covered on any and all the music you need, you just worry about the singing and performance." I tell her.

"Performance?" She asks.

"Coordinating fireworks and choreography and such. A performance has to be visually appealing as well," I tell her.

"Well, what do I coordinate with? We don't even have a song figured out." She points out.

"Actually, I've got you covered on that. You need to learn these lyrics and think up a simple dance routine. It doesn't have to be too fancy, since this is only the first round." I tell her, handing her a page of sheet music. "We'll practice together, but first... we finish dinner." I say, before stuffing my face with sandwich. Trixie looks at the page of sheet music before shrugging and doing the same.

~~~~~~~

"I'm so glad you were all so willing to do this." I tell the four ponies I'm walking with.

"We're happy to help, Rarity. Right everypony?" Fluttershy answers.

"Eeyup." Big Macintosh responds simply.

"We'd be offended if you hadn't asked us to join you," Toe-Tapper jokes.

"I'm glad you saw that poster at all, else I wouldn't have known until it was too late." Torch Song adds.

"Yes, Well, I couldn't perform without my group." I tell them. Finally, we reach the area for the competition and find many musicians ready to register. Registration doesn't open for another half hour, but it's a good idea to be early. We step into the already fairly long line to wait for registration. It's not terribly early, but barely anyponies out at the moment.

"Rarity! I had no idea you were a musician as well!" I turn in shock, it couldn't be...

"Sapphire Shores?!" I exclaim, causing just about every head in line to turn towards the celebrity.

"The one and only." She says, brushing a hoof through her mane.

"Are you competing too?" I ask, my hopes plummeting.

"What? The competition? No... I'm judging." She says, my jaw drops.

"Y-y-you... judging?" Sapphire shores is judging our performances, this competition just got that much more important. "But, why?" I finally ask.

"I got a request from Celestia to judge this competition. I don't know why, I just accepted." She answers. It seems rather uncanny for a celebrity such as Sapphire Shores to volunteer judge a competition for a backwater town like this, then again, it was a favour for the princess. You'd be hard pressed to find a pony who can turn her down.

"So, what do you play?" She asks, I'm snapped out of my stupor by Sapphire shores words.

"Hmm...? Play? Oh, no, I don't play. None of us do actually, not instruments at least, we're an acapella group." I clarify.

"Acapella huh? Interesting. I look forward to hearing what you got." She comments before walking away, I just turn back to my group nervously.

"Ehehehe" I laugh nervously. "Things may have gotten the teensiest bit complicated. This is no longer any old competition, this is serious. We're competing for the eye of 'the Sapphire Shores'." I tell them.

"Oh dear... I don't know, that's a lot of pressure..." Fluttershy cowers.

"The other judges can't be as famous as her, right?" Toe-Tapper reasons. I freeze at those words.

"My dear Toe-Tapper... NEVER say that, you're asking for trouble. And I think we can expect to find some..." I say, wondering in what way the universe will prove him wrong. Maybe Princess Celestia herself will be judging? I can't help thinking that we might be out of our league.

~~~~~~~

I look away from the retreating celebrity. She's just an unexpected factor, but nothing I can't handle. I'm Rainbow Dash, fastest pony alive. But, it does make me curious as to who the other judges could be. If they got Sapphire Shores, I think the only things they probably couldn't get are the princesses themselves.

I look down at my guitar, electric, not acoustic. I have an acoustic one as well, but I decided electric is more fitting for my performance. I practiced for hours last night, refreshing my memory on playing. I didn't forget much, thankfully. And I happened to have just the song for my return to the musical scene. A song I wrote as a filly, the last song I played before I quit playing...

I'm ready now. I've been unknowingly waiting for the right time, right now. I look back up and I find a pony I never expected to see any time soon.

"Ms. Harshwhinny?!" I jump in shock, she turns her head towards me and trots over.

"Ms. Dash. I see that you are competing in the tournament." She says.

"Uh... yeah. Are you competing too?" I ask, more than a little surprised.

"Of course not." I relax, realizing how stupid it was to think that. "I will be judging you all," she continues, I tense at that. She's another judge? For a music competition? "Remember Dash, professionalism." She says as she trots away.

"Yeah... professionalism." I sigh exasperatedly. Things are getting serious around here.

"Dash? Is that you?" I turn to find Cloudkicker walking towards me with Lyra and Bonbon. "Are you competing?" She asks excitedly.

"Yes." I answer simply.

"Rainbow Dash, Ponyvilles elite flier, is entering into a competition about something other than flying?" Bonbon says with a shake of her head, "this I gotta see."

"Actually, if Rainbows competing, entering is pointless." Cloudkicker says.

"C'mon, she doesn't even have a cutie mark in music." Bonbon reasons.

"Yeah, besides. I haven't played in years." I say, looking away.

"Well, good luck." Lyra says.

"You're gonna need it, we're taking first." Bonbon brags, then she and Lyra head to the back of the line.

"I'm entering too. I can't play, but I can sing. So I'm lead." Cloudkicker tells me.

"Who are you playing with?" I ask her.

"Blossom and Pinkie Pie. Who woulda thought she could play the drums?" She says.

"Pinkie can play ten instruments at once, I'm surprised she's not entering alone." I tell Cloudkicker.

"Oh Yeah... well, whatever the reason, she jumped at my offer. I just happen to have a song a friend wrote for me," Cloudkicker says.

"Well, good luck" I tell her.

"You too," she tells me. She retreats to the end of the line. I look at my guitar case with a smile. I have no intention of winning, but I do think this'll be fun.

~~~~~~~

"Rarity, what are you looking at?" Fluttershy asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, just admiring the fabric of that curtain," it looks a lot like the fabric I gave to Luka yesterday. I turn my attention to the mayor, who's about to begin the competition. Registration went smoothly and we've been waiting patiently to begin. The stage looked oddly familiar, but it was the fabric of the curtain that caught my eye.

"She's starting," Toe-Tapper says, pointing a hoof to the stage.

"Ladies and gentlecolts! We thank you for joining us for a rather sudden music competition! Sponsored by Ponyville! Stage provided by one Trixie Lulamoon!" I gasp along with a majority of ponies here and finally recognize where I've seen this stage before. It's similar to the great and powerful Trixies stage, the one that was destroyed.

"We built it!" I turn to my side and see the Crusaders trying to add their two bits in, the uproar Trixies name causes drowns them out though. Why would the Crusaders build Trixie a stage? Something fishy is happening here...

"Now, now, I know we have had our qualms with Trixie before, but she generously allowed us to use her stage. Moving on, we have our judges. Popstar and envy of young fillies everywhere, we have the singing sensation Sapphire Shores!" Sapphire Shores stands from her place at the judges booth and waves to her fans. "The epitome of professionalism and an essential part in the Equestria Games, Ms. Harshwhinny!" Ms. Harshwhinny doesn't even attempt to get up and keeps her gaze stubbornly fixed on the curtain. A lone cheer calls out briefly before dying out. "And last but not least, element of magic, and Ponyvilles very own Princess Twilight Sparkle!" Twilight gets up and waves with a slight blush. Twilight's the last judge?

"I hope your ready folks, we have the roster posted. There are four rounds, sixteen contestants. Half the contestants are eliminated each round until there are only two left. The first round will be mainly sound based, the proceeding rounds will take performance and visuals into account. If you attempt to interfere as a contestant you will be expelled from the competition and legal charges can be pressed at the victims insistence. And now for our contestants. In no Particular order we have the Ponytones! Consisting of Rarity, Toe-Tapper, Torch Song, Big Macintosh, and their newest member Fluttershy! We've got DJPON3 and Neon Lights together! The Cutie Mark Crusaders, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Nyx. CloudKicker, Blossomforth and Pinkie Pie together to form..." the mayor trails off. "You can't expect me to say that in public," she deadpans.

"What the hay did you put?!" I hear someone scream, I turn to see the mare in question looking away innocently.

"Anyways. Lyra and Bonbon make up the Sweethearts. Oh, I get it,very clever. Little Philly MC! Snips and Snails! Octavia Philharmonica and Fiddly Faddle are Strings! Rin and Len, two humans, are the Kagamine twins! Derpy Hooves! Rainbow Dash! Noteworthy and Swansong are Simple Elegy! Screwball and DB are Entropy! Mando! Wooden Toaster! And finally, Trixie Lulamoon!" The mayor announces.

"Trixie?!" I exclaim, it's quickly drowned out by other exclamations though. I look around in shock, is she really that disliked?

"Now, now. Our first contestants are DJPON3 and Neon Lights against Wooden toaster, that's in fifteen minutes!" The uproar dies down and I'm still surprised by the fact Trixie is back, and that she just so happens to be participating in this competition. Hold on a sec... just so happens to be? There sure are a lot of coincidences... something more is going on here.

"We should go check out the roster," Torch Song suggests. I nod and take another look at the curtain and one last fact trickles into mind, Luka was asking for fabric and that looks a heck of a lot like some of it. I can't be sure until I get a better look, but if I'm correct then Luka has some part in this. Though she wasn't mentioned at all, so maybe it's nothing. I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Fluttershy gasping.

"What? What is it?" I ask, trying to see the roster, Fluttershy moves and I dart in. Eventually I find our group and look at our first opponent.

"Rainbow Dash?" I say incredulously. I haven't known Rainbow Dash to be a musical mare, to go up against professionals must be difficult for her. I must keep calm though, we can't go easy on her, we have to win.

~~~~~~~

The first battle starts with DJPON3 and Neon Lights with their song Genre Police. Wooden Toaster followed up with Heartmender and lost, sending DJPON3 and Neon Lights on to the next round.

Snips and snails went up next with their freestyle rap. Little Philly MC wiped the floor with them with his rap Old School.

The CMC beat simple elegy with their song Are We There Yet?. Entropy beat Derpy with their song Daddy Discord, I felt a weird cultist vibe from them. Mando went up against Strings with his song Better Than You and beat their classical composition. Cloudkickers group plays their song Anarchy against the Kagamine Twins and loses to their song Death Should Not Have Taken Thee. That leaves me up against the Ponytones next. As I pass the twins I stop them.

"Nice song, I liked the ruler" I tell them, they look at each other in shock and I just continue on to the stage. I make my way to the other side of the stage and hook up my guitar to an amp. I turn to find Rarity's group all ready to go. I wave them on and they start with a tune I recognize, one they've done countless times before, Find The Music In You. I stop for a second to admire their singing, when I realize they're almost done I remember I still have to set up. I hurry in setting everything up and finish just in time for their song to end. Everybody turns their attention to me and I heave myself to stand on my hooves. I grab the guitar slung over my body and take a deep breath.

I strum the first note and cringe as a terrible sound comes out of speakers. Everypony else covers their ears and I grunt. I tune the guitar really quickly and pluck a string. Still not good... I tune it once more and look at it, satisfied. Standing up I play a simple riff. Everybody cringes at first, but upon realizing it sounds good they look back up at me with wide eyes. I smirk and start to play. I lose myself in my playing, flowing with the music. My hooves fly across the guitar like a rock skipping on water. I block out all outside distractions, all that exists right now is me.

And just like that, I'm done. I look up to see a mesmerized crowd, I smile and immediately they burst into cheers which only serves to widen my smile. I look to the side and see the Ponytones gawking, but as soon as I look over they smile at me as well. I was worried, but now I see I had no reason to be, I'm not doing anything wrong.

"And this rounds winner is... Rainbow Dash!" Sapphire shores announces. Twilight is looking at me in shock and excitement, even miss Harshwhinny is nodding approvingly. I pump a hoof as the crowd cheers me on.

~~~~~~~

"Rainbow can play..." Luka muses quietly. I look at her thoughtful face and start to worry.

"Is there a knot in our plans?" I ask. She waves it off and turns to me, cocky smile on her face. I look at her less certainly, I came here to reconcile for my past lies. Now she wants me to lie again, only successfully. Not only that, but she's enabling my lying. I don't know how to play any instruments, but I can sing. I'm supposedly a one pony band, but Luka's playing for me. I don't know how she's going to stay out of sight while her instruments are on stage, but she said she's got it figured out. I just have to sing and hold a magical field around the instruments and I'm good.

"No, we're fine. We're up next, get ready." I nod and grab the instruments in my magic as she holds them. She smiles and disappears from sight, no flash of magic, nothing. I look around in shock and then I hear her voice, "go." I nod hastily and move onto the stage. I see Rainbow Dash packing up and I walk over to her.

"Hey Dash, great performance," I say, good-naturedly. She stiffens and turns to me, glaring hatefully.

"What do you want, Trixie?" Rainbow Dash spits.

"N-nothing," I step back, a little surprised by the amount of hostility. She scoffs and picks up her case.

"Then get out of here, you don't belong." She says, shooting me another glare before leaving. I sigh, I should've expected that. I set up the instrument absently, following the instructions Luka told me beforehand. I look over and find Lyra and Bonbon all ready to go, they're giving me glares just like everyone else. I wilt under their gaze and look away, I look up to find Lyra looking at me curiously before turning to the audience. I don't pay much attention to their song, I'm too nervous and worrying about my own act. Here's to hoping this goes well.

I'm startled out of my reverie by silence, I find the crowd is slightly glaring at me. Nevertheless, they're being respectful and waiting for me to start. I look at the guitar I've got enveloped in my magic and it starts to play. I sing with confidence and ignore all the hate I know is still being directed towards me. As I sing, I feel that pleasure at performing, just like my magic show. I feel like I'm at my best, and it's a great feeling. As the song goes on I find more ponies actually looking like they enjoy the song. And when I finish a good number of ponies look thoroughly uncomfortable with the fact they like something I made. I almost laugh until I realize how wrong that statement is. This song wasn't mine, it was Luka's.

My smile falls a little. and my head droops until I feel a hand push my chin up. "No frowning, this operation runs on happiness," I hear Luka whisper cheerily. I smile nervously and bow before the crowd.

"We three judges, have decided on the winner. Trixie Lulamoon shall proceed to the next round." Miss Harshwhinny declares. My smile becomes a bit more genuine, until I notice only a single pony is cheering. I look out at the crowd and most are all still glaring. I turn to the judges Booth and find Twilight's cheers slowly dying out as she notices she's the lone cheerer. Suddenly I hear a hoof stomping from beside me on stage, I turn to find Lyra smiling at me slightly.

"Congratulations!" She cheers, Bonbon glares at her.

"Traitor! Stop this mutiny!" Lyra rolls her eyes as Bonbon shouts at her.

"It's called being a good sport, try it sometime," Lyra says, booping Bonbon on the nose before turning to walk off. Bonbon pouts, I run over and stop Lyra.

"Thank you, you were great too," I say sincerely.

"Yeah, not good enough Apparently. Keep up the good work. Also, good luck with... you know, that whole forgiveness thing," Lyra says with a wave of her hoof.

"Why don't you hate me?" I ask curiously.

"A couple reasons. Mostly because you never really did anything to me personally, except for when you were possessed. And I can't bring myself to entirely blame you for that. Sure making fun of ponies isn't usually funny, but Rainbow had it coming. Just, you know, don't go looking for anymore amulets of power and we're cool." Lyra waves a hoof nonchalantly. "C'mon Bons, let's go see how Cloudkicker is doing." Bonbon pointedly ignores me and chases after Lyra, I just watch them evacuate the stage in thought.

"See, not everyone hates you." I jump at Lukas voice beside me.

"Still a good amount." I tell her.

"It can't be helped, everyone judges on first impressions." She replies.

"But you didn't, you believed in me... so did Lyra." I reason.

"That doesn't mean that those ideas stay there. Lyra was a little cross at first, but she changed fairly quickly. She managed to see how sincere you were." I tell her.

"But you," I point a hoof at her, "never saw that! You just decided to start helping me before I even got to Ponyville." I argue. "You know what I did, and everything! Why don't you hate me?" I ask, the questions been driving me crazy. She goes silent for a good while, and I fear that maybe she won't answer.

"I don't know... compassion? Maybe I'm too trusting. Maybe it's the fact I'm too empathetic. Maybe I couldn't stand all this hate, and subconsciously I knew I had to change something. Most people can look at this world and see a Utopia, and reject the idea that it's not violent. But Equestria is not a perfect place, the idea of a perfect place at all is flawed. Equestria is great, not because it lacks flaws, but because it's flawed like anywhere else. The only difference is that happiness and harmony thrives despite this. We can always work to make the world a better place, one pony at a time. I saw a pony so far down on her luck she finally changed, but I Also saw immense shame in that change. Somebody, somehow, taught you different. I don't need to know who, or how, not now. But, you finally learned not to find shame in the pony you've become. You've more than earned a second chance, and I'm determined to help in any way possible." I look at Luka in shock. She's practically spot on, I did learn from somebody. She's the entire reason I came back to apologize, and maybe earn some real friends. It seems I've let my doubts get to me though, as I'm reminded about my former confidence.

"You're right Luka, and I guess I've let my doubts get to me... I came here to try and start anew, not just accept defeat! I can do this." I say, Luka smiles gently as I steel my resolve.

"There you are Trixie," I freeze and turn to find the seamstress walking up to us. I freeze in fear until I see a smile on her muzzle. "Spectacular performance if I do say so myself." She says.

"You're not mad?" I ask warily.

"About what, darling?" I stare in shock at the fashionista, does she not know?

"About... everything! The showing off, the mane, the Ursa, trying to take over the town!" I list, she just scoffs at me with a wave of her hoof.

"Oh, no, I was furious. But, I see you mean to apologize and I assume we can put it all behind us like adults." She says.

"What's with the change of heart Rares?" Luka asks.

"Admittedly, your interest in her. If you've got an entire scheme set around her you must trust her. And I guess if you trust her, I'll give it a shot." She admits.

"Scheme? Who says there's a scheme?" Luka says unconvincingly.

"Luka, this entire contest has you written all over it." She pushes.

"Rarity, I think you're seeing things. I don't have a scheme," Luka says nonchalantly.

"Then I suppose it's just a coincidence we had an impromptu contest the same time Trixie gets back and just happens to enter. And that the crusaders, with whom you have tremendous leverage, just happened to build Trixie a stage. And that the stage curtains just happen to be the same fabric as both Trixies cape and hat, and the fabric I gave you yesterday. Who else could get celebrities to judge a local competition but someone with tremendous pull with the princess. So tell me Luka, why the scheme?" Luka stares at Rarity for a long time before blinking absently and tilting her head.

"What scheme? There's no scheme." Luka says innocently.

"There's quite obviously a scheme!" Rarity snips.

"There may be a scheme, but it surely isn't mine." Luka answers decisively.

"Everything points to you!" Rarity yells.

"There's an imposter on the loose! We must find them before they soil my good name." Luka says, pointedly ignoring Raritys anger.

"If I were to follow the tracks, they would lead right to you," Rarity says, facehoofing.

"Clue number one, the impostor is a phantom..." Luka says in mock thoughtfulness.

"You're incorrigible..." Rarity mutters. "You can be as bad as Pinkie sometimes," she shivers at the thought and Luka chuckles. "I don't even know why I need confirmation, I know it was you." Rarity mutters.

"I don't know why you need confirmation either." Luka says, Rarity's eye twitches slightly and I just look between the pair curiously. They're such an awkward match, is that how friendship works?

"I smell a cheater..." my ear twitches at the sound of a country voice, I wilt at her tone. "Trixie, I shoulda known it was you." I turn to find the farmer I humiliated glaring at me.

"Applejack, Trixie isn't cheating," Luka says.

"Well if she ain't, then who is? Rarity?" Applejack asks, unconvinced.

"No one's cheating." Luka says, Applejack turns to her.

"Don't lie to me, sugar." Applejack warns. Sugar? Are they an item?

"I'm not lying, Trixie isn't cheating." Luka insists.

"You're not lying about that, but there is a lie. I can tell." Applejack insists.

"There's no lie," Luka assures her.

"Why won't you tell me the truth?" Applejack's eyes start to tear up. I look between them nervously, unable to speak because I'm not sure what the right thing to do would be. "Luka, are you cheating?" Applejack asks, barely concealing her tears. Luka looks at her for a long time, choosing her words carefully.

"If I tell you what you want to hear, it's a lie. If I tell you the truth, you're a danger. Do you really have to know?" Luka says, speaking slowly and never once losing eye contact. "I love you AJ, but I was never the honest type. We both are too stubborn for our own good. I promise that the truth will come in time if you'll wait for it." Luka says, I blink in surprise. She handled that rather well, I almost expected this to end in tears. Applejack stares at her long and hard.

"Fine." She says, wiping her eye with a hoof. "I'll wait. I don't like it one bit, but I'll wait." She says, obviously a little out-of-sorts about everything.

"Thank you, AJ," the country pony grumbles and Luka sidles up to her. "Love you," she says, wrapping her arms round the farm mare and planting a big kiss on her cheek. Applejack grumbles a little at the act, but eventually relents.

"Yeah, Yeah... I love you too." Luka giggles at her response and lets go, Applejack looks over our small group once more. "See y'all later. And Trixie? I've got my eye on you," Applejack points a hoof to her eyes, and then to me before leaving.

"Why not just tell her? Also, you're cheating?!" Rarity exclaims.

"Okay, first off, no. We're not cheating. Not exactly anyways. It's close enough for AJ to not like it. I've yet to explain to her the intricacies of honesty, how it's not so black and white. Seeing as it will essentially be lying in her eyes, I can't allow her a straight answer because she's a terrible liar and will give away my, promptly named, 'scheme'." Luka explains.

"Well, Trixie. You've been unusually quiet about all of this. Unusual because I've only ever known you to be a loudmouth and a braggart. No offense, of course." Rarity says, turning to me.

"N-none taken," I say. She waits for me to say more, but I remain awkwardly silent.

"Is there a reason for your... lack of talking?" Rarity finally asks.

"Err... Trixie doesn't know what to say. Or if I even should say anything..." I tell her, she nods slowly.

"She's not used to having friends, she just needs to adjust." Luka says, it takes me a moment to even believe my ears.

"Friends? Are we friends?" I ask.

"After all we've been through by now? I'd be surprised if we aren't." Luka replies.

"But, Trixie thought you said we'd be friends after we got the town to like me again? I thought that was the reward, that Trixie gets a friend." I ask her, a little confused.

"What? No, Trixie. I'm doing this for you because I'm your friend. I was hoping that by the end of this you'd think of me as a friend in return. Not necessarily as a reward for winning, just as something that happens naturally. I'm already your friend Trixie, I just want you to be mine back." Luka says.

"Luka? I just realized... you tend to hang back and do your own thing alone, but when you do get involved you're very poetic. You were a writer right? Perhaps you've retained a couple traits from your past life." Rarity says.

"I-i don't remember being all that poetic, or eloquent. I... I have no way to know how much I'm retaining of my old self because I've forgotten so much..." I can see immense sadness cross Lukas face. my chest tightens and my heart aches slightly, my Hooves are pulled forward and I rest a hoof on Luka leg. She looks down at me and I smile empathetically. I'm not used to feeling concern, but I've grown used to it. More than I was, at least.

"Well, come on. Let's get back to the Boutique. We've got outfits to design for your next rounds." Rarity says.

"Outfits?" Trixie asks.

"But of course, darling! The next rounds are judged on visuals as well! And you have to dress to impress." Rarity says simply. "Come!" And with that Rarity turns and starts trotting. I turn to Luka and she just shrugs before following. I gallop a bit to catch up to Rarity.

"Aren't you worried Trixie might give your dresses a bad reputation?" I ask her.

"Hardly. I'm at that point where I can hardly lose reputation in this town unless I really try to. And I doubt our judges will dislike my dresses because they're on one of the first winners, because that's all they see you as. Twilight's the only one who really knows what you did and she likes you. And if I get flak from the townspeople about helping a friend, then so be it." Rarity says.

"Friend? You too?" I ask.

"Of course, darling. I can see your sincere about apologizing, there's no reason for me to hold a petty grudge. plus, the friend of a friend, is a friend." She replies, we reach a very gaudy and circular house. "and here we are.Home sweet Home." She says, motioning to the building.

"Home? I thought we were going to your boutique?" I ask in confusion.

"Ah, it's both. Part of the time it serves as just my house, but it's also where I work. Welcome... to Carousel Boutique!" Rarity says dramatically, swinging her door open. "Where everything is chic, sleek, and unique." she adds. We all step in and I take a good look around. It has a terribly gaudy look to it, much like the outside. However, there's a certain homeliness to it as well. The kind of feeling that not only does someone live here, but it's a home. It's that difference between the place you lived and a home. I lived in trottingham for most of my life, until... until I started travelling, but it was never my home. In fact, I've never had a home. The closest I've come is the wagon I had before, the one that had all my worldly possessions. The one that was destroyed... forcing me to lose everything...

"Trixie?" I snap my head up at my name being called. "Are you okay?" Rarity asks in concern. I reach up and feel tears welling in my eyes, I wipe them away with my hoof.

"Yeah, just got some dust in my eye." I say.

"Okay," I'm thankful she doesn't pry, she turns to her fabrics. "We'll need to make something that matches the tone of your song you will be playing. So, what is it?" Rarity asks.

"I've got it," Luka says, holding up another sheet of lyrics. When did she have time to write those? Rarity walks over and looks at them.

"Hmm... Yes... ooh! I've got the perfect idea!" Rarity says.

"What am I singing?" I ask. I walk over to look at the sheet.

~~~~~~~

"You know, Luka seems to trust Trixie. And I trust Luka, why don't we try trusting Trixie?" I ask the other crusaders.

"Why? Nyx, you know why we shouldn't." Applebloom answers.

"Well, it really isn't entirely her fault. You know how snips and snails can get! And besides, she's changed. Mom said so." I argue.

"Nyx, I trust Twilight, but I don't trust Trixie." Scootaloo says.

"Girls, maybe Nyx is right. I mean, if you think about it, she never meant to lead an Ursa here. And she payed the price too, her house was destroyed." Sweetie Belle points out.

"Her house? Oh Yeah, that wagon..." Scootaloo says, remembering it.

"She just left the remains, didn't even bother looking through it." Applebloom says in thought.

"The town did kind of drive her away," Sweetie Belle says.

"If that was her home she must have left some stuff in there! I don't know about you girls, but I'd hate to lose some of my most important stuff..." I tell them sadly.

"You're right. And just because I don't like her, don't mean I wish her ill. Let's see if we can find any of her stuff she lost," Applebloom agrees.

"We don't even know where to look," Scootaloo points out.

"They took the wreckage to the dump, we should check there." Sweetie belle suggests.

"The dump?" Applebloom says questioningly.

"We have a dump?" Scootaloo asks.

"Yeah, it doesn't see much use, but it's pretty big. We take a lot of the farms garbage there. And I put some of our inventions there, usually the ones that are a terrible idea." Applebloom explains.

"Oh... That's what you do with them..." Scootaloo says thoughtfully.

"But isn't the dump a little... dirty?" Applebloom asks.

"What's wrong? Farmpony afraid of a little dirt?" Scootaloo teases.

"No!" Applebloom denies vehemently, blushing brightly. "And y'all know what I mean! That place stinks, and it's disgusting, and... it's just overall dirty." Applebloom clarifies.

"C'mon, I'm sure it's not that bad," Scootaloo says.

"Yeah, besides, it's the nice thing to do!" Sweetie Belle adds.

"I've never been to the dump before! Sounds exciting!" I add.

"Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you." Applebloom relents, sighing.

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADER DUMP DIVERS! YA-" we all stop and consider our words. "Eww..." we finish lamely, hesitantly trotting towards the dump with Applebloom in the lead.

~~~~~~~

"Hey, Cloudkicker! Whatcha doing?" I ask, trotting up to her. She holds a wing up in a 'be quiet' gesture and points the other up. I look up and see Rainbow Dashes cloud house. The lights are on and the faint sound of somebody shredding an electric guitar can be heard.

"She's been at it ever since she got home after the competition." Cloudkicker says quietly, careful not to be louder than the sounds of the instrument playing.

"And that's... good?" I ask curiously.

"I don't know. Dash is stubborn and very much a single-minded pony. Once she has an idea she fixates on that idea until something shakes her world view. She can be very obsessive, and I'm not sure if that's an issue right now. She's fixated on something, and when Rainbow's fixated on something... she won't rest until the issue comes to some sort of conclusion." Cloudkicker explains.

"So, what? She's fixated on the contest and won't quit until she wins or loses? She's determined, it's an admirable trait." I say.

"Maybe, or it's something else." Cloudkicker says, narrowing her eyes.

"Something else? Like what?" I ask.

"I don't know... but if it is something else, I doubt it's for a good reason." Cloudkicker says, not taking her eyes off the floating house. I look at it a little worriedly, when something happens to get past Dash's defenses it tends to be pretty bad. Usually I'd find her blowing off steam by flying, so if that's true, what's different? Did something get to her that badly?

~~~~~~~

"Fluttershy! Fluttershy! Fluttershy can hardly fly!" My ears perk as I hear an all too familiar chant from across the field. I turn my head sharply and find none other than Sharp Note, one of my various tormentors, picking on Fluttershy.

"Hey! Pick on someone your own size!" I yell, launching myself between them.

"Are you volunteering, shrimp?" He sneers.

"If that's what it takes!" I reply, glaring daggers at him.

"Okay then! How about we battle it out on the stage! I hear you're some wannabe rocker, despite your cutie mark..I'll see you at the music competition." He says. I blink, we're competing in something other than flying?

"Y-yeah! Holding first place!" I answer, despite my reservations. He just flies away, laughing. My shoulders drop as I release the tension that had built up through our encounter.

"Are you really going to enter the competition?" Fluttershy asks me.

"Yeah, I'm gonna mop the floor with him! I gotta, bullies gotta be put in their place." I answer determinedly. As soon as I got home I practiced my guitar nonstop, preparing for the contest.

~~~~~~~

"I gotta win... I gotta put bullies in their place..." I mutter to myself as I take a quick break. In no time at all I'm shredding my guitar once more.

~~~~~~~

"Trixie!" I turn at the sound of my name being called. It's those four fillies again, the cutie mark crusaders, I think it was? "Trixie, guess what we found!" One Of Them calls excitedly as they all run up to me.

"Uh..." my mind momentarily blanks in shock that these kids are talking to me, they clearly expressed a disinterest in talking to me last time we talked. "A... banana slug." I splurt out stupidly.

"Wow, you're a good guesser," the white one turns to reveal a banana slug on her back. "His name is Steve." She says, I just look at the Banana slug in confusion.

"Okay, Yes, we did find him too. But that's not what you're supposed to be guessing! Guess again." The red headed one exclaims.

"Could you just tell me? I really have no idea and I'm not sure I want to be right anymore..." I say, glancing at the slug.

"This!" I freeze in place as they bring a picture into view. It's my family. But can I even call them that? The only kind one was my grandma, and I haven't seen nor heard from her in years. I take the picture from them gently and set it on the floor. My horn flares and the picture bursts into flames, I hold back a sob as I watch it smolders slowly. I wipe a tear way from my eye and smile towards the girls.

"Thank you, girls. It was a nice sentiment." I tell them. They're gawking at the ashes.

"What the Buck was that!?" I blanche at the orange ones language, but answer nonetheless.

"We thought you'd like to see your family picture again!" Applebloom says indignantly.

"Perhaps some, but they weren't really family to me..." I tell them.

"You're adopted?!" The white one gasps.

"Pft, I wish..." I snort. "No. A family is just not what I'd call our relationship. Sure, they birthed me, but they didn't act like a family." I tell them.

"Wait, so... if they're not your family, who is?" The red headed one asks, I cringe slightly.

"I guess I don't have one..." I say, turning towards the stage. "Sorry, but I've really got to go. I'll be performing soon." I head towards the stage, concealing the tears welling in my eyes.I manage to stop them before they fall. The first performance is ending, it was DJPON3 and Neon Lights against entropy. DJPON3 and Neon Lights won with their song Go Insane. Their light show was staggering, what we have may not be able to compare.As they vacate the stage I meet Luka, who has my outfit all ready for me.

I slip into it and admire the craftsmanship. That pony, I believe her name was Rarity, is great at what she does. It makes me feel that much worse about what I did to her. But, she put it behind her, maybe I should too. I feel this sense of serenity flow into me as I look at myself in this dress. Luka has a mirror set up for me and I spend some time just looking into it wordlessly. Not that long ago I might have done it out of vanity, just because I liked how I look. I notice now I'm not looking out of vanity, but appreciation. Appreciation at how good my... friends, make me look, despite all I have against me.

"Is that friendship?" I ask the mirror.

"What?" Luka asks from behind, grabbing her instrument.

"Nothing..." I shake my head dismissively and Psyche myself to perform. I shake my head briefly to clear it before encasing the instrument in my Magic and setting up onstage. It doesn't take long for me to be situated in front of the same crowd as before, same disapproving glares.

"Okay, Trixie... show them what you got." I whisper to myself. My head snaps up as the beat starts. My hoof clops to the beat, just like we practiced. Now, I'm not a great dancer by any regards, but I'm pretty good with it as a secondary talent of sorts. I'm a performer at heart, and it never hurt any performer to be well versed. My voice projects itself through the microphone as I start singing. My hooves glide musically, the tune having caught me and is not willing to let go.

I maneuver across the stage, hooves seeming to move with their own purpose. The music has set me free from myself, it's a liberating feeling. Just like my first performance here, but heightened by the dance. The crowd continues to watch uncomfortably. Uncomfortable because they don't WANT to like what I have to offer, but it's clear that it's having an effect on them.

I continue my performance with vigor, proud of my own success. However small it may be. As I look over this crowd I know for certain, without any doubt, that things are going well. That even when things are looking down, there is hope for me yet.

I can, and will, earn the respect of this town. Not for me, but for those who believe in me. Luka, Rarity... but most of all, the one who urged me to do this in the first place.

I'll do this for her. It was always for her.

Author's Note:

The first part of two! sorry it took forever, but I really hope the second part comes out sooner than this did. Also, the sequel to the canon of this story should be out soon. look forward to that!

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 4 )

"We were listening to Vocaloid at the time, so we clicked the link, without thinking twice."
Morale - Vocaloid kills brain cells... i guess?

Ummmmmmm should I be worried.:rainbowhuh:

Login or register to comment