• Published 26th May 2014
  • 791 Views, 43 Comments

Ask Crimson Fang - Slendermare



A filly going to a new school? Some issues. Add being a batpony to that? You might run into a few bumps in the road.

  • ...
2
 43
 791

School

Crim awoke to darkness. She noticed that she was in her bed, and she could piece together what had happened. Turning on the lamp next to her, she saw a text box hovering above her. After she put on her glasses so she could read it properly, she saw that it said,

Oh, hiya!
I've never actually...Talked...to a bat-pony,so.....Er....
What's your....favorite...juice flavor?

Crim put a hoof to her chin, thinking.
"Weeeell, I can't decide between apple juice and grape... Does lemonade count?"
Crim then looked to the clock at the right of her. It read 5:54 AM, and in about five minutes she would normally get up. Well, there wasn't any point in trying to sleep again, so she decided to get up. In the near darkness, she almost walked into another text box.

Dear Crim,
What;s your favorite fairy tale? Something creepy? Something sweet?

Hmm, I like this one called The Mare Without Hooves... It's a bit creepy, but I happen to like it. Crim walked to the mirror in her room and started to brush her mane. As she was brushing out the last few tangles, a text box appeared behind her. Seeing it in the reflection, she turned around to read it.

To Crim: Try to realize that you aren't the only one to deal with these boxes. There are many ponies across the pony multi-verse that receive messages from us. Most of them are in dire need of our advice, so that's when we show up. Whether they are having love troubles or are just downright miserable, we show up to try and help. You fit into the former of those categories, so here we are.
TLDR: Your not the only one to have these things.

"R-Really? There are others in different dimensions with them?" Crim had finished brushing the tangles out, but her mane looked pretty much the same, but she paid it no mind. Running to her side table, she opened a drawer that held a bag of bits. Grabbing them, she stuffed them into her saddle bags, just to turn around and come face to face with a text box.

To Crim: Be careful when you head into school Crim. There's a certain pink filly and her little grey minion that don't take too kindly to blank flanks. And knowing other ponies opinions on your kind, that probably won't help. Just don't let them get to you.

"Bullies? Well, I've been bullied before, so I know the drill... And it probably won't help that another filly is out to get me... " Crim had by now opened the door and trotted downstairs. Walking over to the living room, she set down her saddle bags, and was now in the kitchen. As she started making a sandwich, she worried about the school dress coat. Her thoughts were interrupted by yet another text box.

Oh dear crim you are adorable and sweet and kind what colt in their sane mind wouldn't want to date you, also you don't have schizophrenia we are just all powerful beings that feel like having a bit of fun messing with you and also helping you at the same time see nothing to worry about we're nice

"R-really? You guys think bat ponies are c-cute?" Crim blushed as she set the sandwich in her dark green lunch box. Trotting to the fridge, she took out two juice boxes, one apple, and one grape. After settling on the grape, she grabbed an apple and a small baggie of baby carrots. After adding the required food items for her lunch, she read the time on the clock. Seeing that it was 6:34, she decided it was good as a time as any to head out. Knowing it would get her nowhere, she left her cloak and sunglasses and put on her saddlebags. Hopefully no one would try and run her out of town on her second day. On her way, another text box appeared in front of her.

Competition isn't that hard Crimson dear, just do what you think you have to and you will prevail to get what you want... These notes you read are from people from another dimension called "humans" show them to Lyra Heartstrings, she'll confirm it for you! -Shatterwing.

"H-humans? They sound familiar... And I don't want to hurt anypony's feelings..." Crim soon found herself at the the fence surrounding it. Tentatively, she trotted through and saw a swing set. Her ears perking up, she bolted over excitedly, dumped the lunch box next to it, and hopped on. Swinging contently, she was surprised to see a text box.

Dear Crim who is your best friend?

"I just got here yesterday, but I hope that Button is..."
All of a sudden, a pink filly with a tiara on her flank flounced up.

This cant be good...

Comments ( 3 )

I'm so glad to finally seeing this back! :pinkiehappy:

Also

Watch it Crim. That filly is evil incarnate.

Crimson, you should remember the message from Shatter Wing. I am one of his close friends, Letter Sent, I'll be meeting you at some point in your journey. You will know who I am by just my eyes, as I am blind. I am grey and my eyes are covered with dark sunglasses. Beware the pink filly, she will cause pain beyond belief...
-Letter Sent: Blind Writer.

i have a question did the world implode

Login or register to comment